PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson's son

AerchAngel
10-11-2013, 02:50 PM
As a father of a 3 year old, it would take the US Army to get me off of the piece of **** that would seriously harm my son.

I know I might end up in jail, but you can't do that.

Anyway, he won't last a year in prison. I guarantee it.

link (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-son-critical-condition/2966015/)

Krgrecw
10-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Sad. Dude should be lucky that Peterson seems like a nice guy.

Hope Peterson goes for full custody. No way I would ever let my babies mom have custody after she like that went down.

CK86
10-11-2013, 04:40 PM
The child has sadly died.

yeezus
10-11-2013, 04:42 PM
The prospect of bringing a child into this world is terrifying.

3Deans
10-11-2013, 04:58 PM
No doubt. I have a one month old and this news really hit me hard today.

TURBO
10-11-2013, 05:04 PM
So sad.

thethe
10-11-2013, 05:14 PM
We should reinstitute old forms of capital punishment for crimes like this. This man should be tortured for days and then thrown into jail.

yeezus
10-11-2013, 05:17 PM
We should reinstitute old forms of capital punishment for crimes like this. This man should be tortured for days and then thrown into jail.

When you know for an absolute fact that someone did something like this, then I can't disagree. There has to be a real deterrent.

weso1
10-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Always sad to read stuff like this.

Bj1133
10-11-2013, 06:24 PM
We have a newborn, just about 2 weeks old, and I'm in agreement with others here. Nothing would stop me from getting to the person that harmed my little girl.

Bdawg2309
10-11-2013, 08:01 PM
apparently he had just found out that the kid was his a week ago.

weso1
10-11-2013, 10:22 PM
apparently he had just found out that the kid was his a week ago.

I kind of got that feeling based on his initial reaction. Just a sad story all around.

50PoundHead
10-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Adrian is so broken up, he's playing Sunday. I agree weso, what a sad, sad, sad mess. He's got two other kids from what appears to be two different mothers one of which is his wife. His son Adrian, Jr., is the same age as the child who was just murdered. But of course, he's a star athlete, so I guess the same rules that apply to the rest of society don't apply to him.

Guess it's my turn to go conservative.

Throw the book at the kid killer.

bravesnumberone
10-12-2013, 12:23 AM
I could care less whose son it is. This person needs to be dragged out in the street and catapulted into a brick wall repeatedly.

goldfly
10-12-2013, 01:03 AM

no

we shouldn't

cajunrevenge
10-12-2013, 01:36 AM
If that mom was the victim or domestic violence from him or she knew of his domestic violence past then I think she needs to be charged with something here. I have a hard time believing that she wouldnt have known that this guy was a violent person. To have a relationship with that kind of person and let him near her child is inexcusable. If I was the judge and she said something to the effect of "he hit me but I didnt want to leave him I loved him" I would throw the book at her. I can not stand that kind of stupid.

thethe
10-12-2013, 04:33 PM
no

we shouldn't

Yes

We should

zitothebrave
10-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Yes

We should

No we shouldn't

Punishment is not a deterrent and will anything done to this man bring Peterson's kid back to life? Becoming more barbaric is not the direction a society should move.

Bj1133
10-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Punishment is not a deterrent

Since when?

zitothebrave
10-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Since when?

Since ever?

Pot is illegal yet how many people smoke it? People would still smoke it if they were shot on the spot smoking it. SOme people may be deterred by punishment to a degree but if it was no one would ever kill because the crime for murder has been severe since ancient times.

bravesnumberone
10-12-2013, 05:22 PM
I could care less about what the justice system does. If it were my son, this guy would not be walking today. That simple.

thethe
10-12-2013, 05:22 PM
No we shouldn't

Punishment is not a deterrent and will anything done to this man bring Peterson's kid back to life? Becoming more barbaric is not the direction a society should move.

Lets imagine for a second a world where if a man commits an act like this has his penis chopped off (not that I would advocate it just trying to use an extreme example). Do you think that would deter people from doing this?

zitothebrave
10-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Lets imagine for a second a world where if a man commits an act like this has his penis chopped off (not that I would advocate it just trying to use an extreme example). Do you think that would deter people from doing this?

Nope

And you're starting to sound a lot like those Sharia law types that you hate.

thethe
10-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Nope

And you're starting to sound a lot like those Sharia law types that you hate.

Like I said, I'm not advocating that particular punishment but there are some barbaric crimes that deserve harsher punishments.

zitothebrave
10-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Like I said, I'm not advocating that particular punishment but there are some barbaric crimes that deserve harsher punishments.

The punishment for War Crimes is death. Pretty much standard right? You think that stopped pretty much every warrior ever? As long as you wind up on the winning side you're cool. Look at Henry Kissinger. People break the law all the time and harsher punishments stop nothing. Harsher crack laws haven't stopped people from using crack. Just puts more people in jail where they join gangs and so on so forth. Could go on but I won't.

thethe
10-12-2013, 05:31 PM
The punishment for War Crimes is death. Pretty much standard right? You think that stopped pretty much every warrior ever? As long as you wind up on the winning side you're cool. Look at Henry Kissinger. People break the law all the time and harsher punishments stop nothing. Harsher crack laws haven't stopped people from using crack. Just puts more people in jail where they join gangs and so on so forth. Could go on but I won't.

Life in jail is letting this man off easy.

He won't even get the death penalty. Heck he might not even get life in jail.

Bj1133
10-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Since ever?

Pot is illegal yet how many people smoke it? People would still smoke it if they were shot on the spot smoking it. SOme people may be deterred by punishment to a degree but if it was no one would ever kill because the crime for murder has been severe since ancient times.

Of course punishment doesn't work 100% of the time - nothing does - but I'd still argue that it is a deterrent to committing crimes and probably the foremost one at that.

zitothebrave
10-12-2013, 05:38 PM

He won't even get the death penalty. Heck he might not even get life in jail.

He'll get life in jail. He'll be dead in under a year. Prison takes care of people who harm children pretty effectively.

goldfly
10-13-2013, 04:12 AM
Yes

We should

congrats on not evolving

it isn't something to be proud about

but the middle east that you love embraces your way of thinking

goldfly
10-13-2013, 04:13 AM

i am not even sure what to say to this

thethe
10-13-2013, 05:33 AM
congrats on not evolving

it isn't something to be proud about

but the middle east that you love embraces your way of thinking

My big beef with Islamic Law is their treatment of women mostly.

Krgrecw
10-13-2013, 06:56 AM
What would fix problems like this is women having enough respect for themselves and not tolerating guys that physically harm other women and Thier children. Dude chocked and physically assaulted his last gf and her young kid, did time for it and this women let him in and let her watch her kid?
She should be charged with a being a dumbass. There's more to this story then what's in the media.

Our society as a whole should put tougher sentences on men who physically assault women, children or older citizens. It wouldn't happen to anyone in my family or amongst my friends, and I hope it no one in here would put up with it

AerchAngel
10-13-2013, 11:47 AM
What would fix problems like this is women having enough respect for themselves and not tolerating guys that physically harm other women and Thier children. Dude chocked and physically assaulted his last gf and her young kid, did time for it and this women let him in and let her watch her kid?
She should be charged with a being a dumbass. There's more to this story then what's in the media.

Our society as a whole should put tougher sentences on men who physically assault women, children or older citizens. It wouldn't happen to anyone in my family or amongst my friends, and I hope it no one in here would put up with it

Now a child's life have been erased from existence because of it.

zitothebrave
10-13-2013, 12:04 PM
My big beef with Islamic Law is their treatment of women mostly.

Cause America is such a beacon of how to treat women.

thethe
10-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Cause America is such a beacon of how to treat women.

Do you want to compare the two?

50PoundHead
10-13-2013, 02:38 PM
It's hard to totally drag Adrian Peterson into this mess, but it's hard to leave him out as well. I don't know what he was doing in terms of financial support for this child (it has been reported he didn't know about it until very recently), but you'd think he would have been a little more interested. We talk a lot about role models and all of that and Peterson seems to be a pretty much stand-up guy around the Twin Cities in doing charity work, but this kid was conceived in pretty much the same time frame as the child he had with his wife, which makes me wonder and want to say, "Adrian, you don't have to go to USC to be a fan of the Trojans." WTF. I'm no finger-wagging moralist, but how can young people look up to these guys (Peterson, Kobe, Chipper Jones)?

yeezus
10-14-2013, 07:27 PM
50, I don't disagree with your point. However, no one is forcing anyone to look up to these guys for their moral fiber. They're humans who are extremely athletically gifted, but that doesn't make them socially or morally intelligent. They know how to play sports, but that doesn't make them good people.

CK86
10-14-2013, 07:52 PM
I'd rather they lock up all convicted murders than execute an innocent one who was wrongly convicted. At least there's a chance of their sentence being overturned, there's no recourse if they're dead.

50PoundHead
10-16-2013, 09:08 AM
50, I don't disagree with your point. However, no one is forcing anyone to look up to these guys for their moral fiber. They're humans who are extremely athletically gifted, but that doesn't make them socially or morally intelligent. They know how to play sports, but that doesn't make them good people.

Oh, I get the Charles Barkley point that it's not Adrian Peterson's job to be a role model, but there's all this hand-wringing over the tragedy (which is justified) that ignores the basic point that Peterson impregnated a woman other than his wife and everyone seems to shrug their shoulders because he can run with a football.

Krgrecw
10-17-2013, 11:41 AM
The first time Peterson ever saw the kid was in the hospital when the kid was dying. If he knew about the kid and never saw him and had a choice to, he's a ****ty person.

Krgrecw
10-30-2013, 04:44 PM
How the hell does this guy get released on bail?