PDA

View Full Version : Are Tea Party Republians Really as Dumb as They Act?

zitothebrave
10-14-2013, 08:10 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/13/at-tea-party-like-rally-obama-told-to-put-the-quran-down/?hpt=hp_t2

Ignoring the xenophobia that seems to run rampant at these rallies some of the **** said is straight up moronic.

"This is the people's memorial. Let me ask a simple question. Why is the federal government spending money to erect barricades to keep veterans out of this memorial?" he asked. "Our veterans should be above politics. Enough games."

This first one makes me lol and it's from Senator Ted Cruz. The Parks Commission is shut down as part of the government, but Cruz wants to keep the parks open? I guess his theory is that just because it's shut down and can't be properly policed, why is it a risk? Haha. I just pray that someone doesn't get hurt visiting the memorials because of this republican mantra.

"You look around though and you see these barricades and you have to ask yourself, is this any way that a commander in chief would show his respect, his gratitude to our military? This is a matter of shutdown priorities," Palin said.

Good to see Palin showing up to say nothing. Maybe if your compatriots could pass a simple budget this wouldn't have been an issue at all.

"one speaker saying Obama is not the president of "the" people but "his" people"

LOL

"If any member of Congress who got in front of a television camera to try to get some attention on this issue spent half that time on the floor of the House voting to open the government, we wouldn't have a problem," he added.

That one is from Carney and made me chuckle.

Is there any group that is coming out of this government debacle looking worse than the tea party republicans?

Runnin
10-14-2013, 08:58 AM
No, they aren't as naive as their constituents but many are newcomers and it remains to be seen how long they will last.

BedellBrave
10-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Wasn't there an immigration rally held on the mall? And didn't certain politicians do their thing before the cameras at that one? Come on Zito, take the frickin jersey off.

weso1
10-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Wasn't there an immigration rally held on the mall? And didn't certain politicians do their thing before the cameras at that one? Come on Zito, take the frickin jersey off.

Actually I think it would be better for all of us if Zito leaves his jersey on.

57Brave
10-14-2013, 02:45 PM
you beat me to it. :)

57Brave
10-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Louis Gohmert / Sarah Palin et al think it a good idea to impeach Obama if Congress allows the debt ceiling deadline to pass.
2 things wrong there
a) The House of Rep spends the money. Appropriating the monies to pay the debt is in their jurisdiction
b) Did Gohmert / Palin think the past 3 weeks have been good for the " jersey" ?

I know no one wants to own her but -- so many here tow the Palin line

57Brave
10-14-2013, 03:25 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/131014-palin-and-cruz-join-regrettable-tea-party-protest.jpg

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/14/debt_limit_defeat_turns_conservative_into_neo_conf ederate_fantasists/

goldfly
10-14-2013, 07:15 PM
yes

they are dumber than "welfare democrats" somehow