PDA

View Full Version : Swanson

msstate7
05-02-2018, 02:47 PM
I've read on here it is too early for dfWAR, but found this interesting... Swanson is 2nd among mlb SS with 4.1 dfWAR (Lindor #1 with 5.6). How long before I can get really excited about his defense?

Overall...
fWAR = 1.0
bWAR = 1.3

Enscheff
05-02-2018, 03:02 PM
I've read on here it is too early for dfWAR, but found this interesting... Swanson is 2nd among mlb SS with 4.1 dfWAR (Lindor #1 with 5.6). How long before I can get really excited about his defense?

Overall...
fWAR = 1.0
bWAR = 1.3

About 3 years ago when we knew he would be an above average SS.

thewupk
05-02-2018, 03:02 PM

Overall...
fWAR = 1.0
bWAR = 1.3

Swanson has played very good defense. He was rated higher than Albies in the minors (which is why Albies was moved to 2nd) so this shouldn't be a total surprise. I think he took his hitting problems to the field last year and what you saw isn't close to the type of ability he has out there.

msstate7
05-02-2018, 03:09 PM
About 3 years ago when we knew he would be an above average SS.

He's rating more than above avg right now though... he's among the best. How long before that can be considered an accurate reading?

BeanieAntics
05-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Swanson has played very good defense. He was rated higher than Albies in the minors (which is why Albies was moved to 2nd) so this shouldn't be a total surprise. I think he took his hitting problems to the field last year and what you saw isn't close to the type of ability he has out there.

I think best case scenario for Dansby is that he turns in to 2015 Brandon Crawford. The most likely scenario is that he turns in to 2014 Brandon Crawford. Worst case is he reverts back to 2017 Dansby.

Enscheff
05-02-2018, 03:16 PM
He's rating more than above avg right now though... he's among the best. How long before that can be considered an accurate reading?

Much more than 1 month of games.

A good rule of thumb is probably whenever Simmons is #1.

clvclv
05-04-2018, 12:42 PM
AA just told Mad Dog that Dansby could play if needed and is available off the bench, but that they're hoping to give him the whole weekend off.

With the off day Monday, that would be almost a full week - not sure why they didn't just give him the full 10 days.

CyYoung31
05-04-2018, 12:48 PM
AA just told Mad Dog that Dansby could play if needed and is available off the bench, but that they're hoping to give him the whole weekend off.

With the off day Monday, that would be almost a full week - not sure why they didn't just give him the full 10 days.

It would also keep us from having to use Tucker’s last remaining option.

jpx7
05-04-2018, 12:51 PM
This is the entire reason they shortened the minimum DL stint, right? To make a decision like this easy?

If you’re carrying Camargo, Flaherty, and Ersatz Swanson, what is the argument for not giving Bae ten days?