07-08-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm sure we all remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3eK5gCChM

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks.

Dalyn
07-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Three members just killed themselves because you posted this. Their blood is on your hands, and the next time someone sprays you with Luminol and aims their black light at you, everyone will be able to see where you've been touching yourself.

TURBO
07-08-2013, 03:15 PM
:mad0182:

Dunit24
07-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah we have been on the shorthand of some terrible postseason officiating.

What gets me though now looking back is our guys didnt adjust to it. He was calling it way outside, but it was clear he wasnt changing his zone.

ChapelHillMatt
07-08-2013, 03:19 PM

What gets me though now looking back is our guys didnt adjust to it. He was calling it way outside, but it was clear he wasnt changing his zone.

What were they supposed to do? Get a longer bat? lol......those pitches weren't hittable.

Gary82
This was a game that I never got to see on TV, and thank GOD for that. I would have destroyed my television.

Gary82

You can't hit some of those pitches with any kind of authority. Chances are they would have just hit dribblers to short.

TURBO
07-08-2013, 03:25 PM
What were they supposed to do? Get a longer bat? lol......those pitches weren't hittable.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff181/turbo1112/NN.png

Dalyn
07-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Ha!

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Love the part in that clip on the game ending strikeout where the announcer goes "And he K's him on what WAS ball 4"... not what looked like ball 4. It's bad when the announcer clearly says it's not a strike.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 04:26 PM

Eric Kiss >>>

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Also, I should give negative reputation/infraction to Matt for posting this.

thethe
07-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Was there ever an investigation about that game? Gregg had to be betting on that game.

TURBO
07-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Also, I should give negative reputation/infraction to Matt for posting this.

hahaha, Kiss was awesome. Loved that game

Metaphysicist
07-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Was there ever an investigation about that game? Gregg had to be betting on that game.

No, but the league did seemed to specifically relish dumping him during the umpire's strike. Which is about as proactive as they've ever been against umpires.

Gary82
07-08-2013, 08:42 PM

He couldn't have been betting on the game. It was too obvious!

rico43
07-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Gregg actually met the media after the game. I was actually there, covering it for my newspaper, and missed one deadline because I got writer's block for the second time in my life. I knew I couldn't possibly write what I was thinking, so thankfully a number of the players saved me the trouble.

AUTiger7222
07-08-2013, 10:30 PM

Adjust to it? By doing what?

AerchAngel
07-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Gregg actually met the media after the game. I was actually there, covering it for my newspaper, and missed one deadline because I got writer's block for the second time in my life. I knew I couldn't possibly write what I was thinking, so thankfully a number of the players saved me the trouble.

I can actually see that. When you are so mad, words escape you even though you had a full plan on what you wanted to ask/say. Unlike Dalyn who never has writer's block, I have it lot when writing stories.

Dalyn
07-08-2013, 10:42 PM
I can actually see that. When you are so mad, words escape you even though you had a full plan on what you wanted to ask/say. Unlike Dalyn who never has writer's block, I have it lot when writing stories.

http://thespotts.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/calvin-hobbes-writers-block.jpg

cajunrevenge
07-08-2013, 11:09 PM
I dont blame the players for not swinging at those balls. If they swung at them they would have missed and at best fouled them off. Then all people would say is that the Braves hitters were at fault for swinging at bad pitches because we would not have known publicly if they would have been called strikes. After the game Gregg tried to say that he was surprised he was asked about it after the game because he didnt eject anyone and no one threw their helmet.

What really gets me about umpires is that when they introduced Questec umpires started calling the correct strike zone so they didnt rate too badly. That tells me that the umpires are deliberately miscalling the strike zone. If they refuse to call the correct strike zone they should be fired. They should just have Questec call the balls and strikes live with the operator relaying it to the home plate umpire. The homeplate ump could still have a job, heck it would be an easier job. Its absolutely unacceptable to let umpires miscall the most basic part of the game when we have a better way.

AUTiger7222
07-08-2013, 11:16 PM
I dont blame the players for not swinging at those balls. If they swung at them they would have missed and at best fouled them off. Then all people would say is that the Braves hitters were at fault for swinging at bad pitches because we would not have known publicly if they would have been called strikes. After the game Gregg tried to say that he was surprised he was asked about it after the game because he didnt eject anyone and no one threw their helmet.

What really gets me about umpires is that when they introduced Questec umpires started calling the correct strike zone so they didnt rate too badly. That tells me that the umpires are deliberately miscalling the strike zone. If they refuse to call the correct strike zone they should be fired. They should just have Questec call the balls and strikes live with the operator relaying it to the home plate umpire. The homeplate ump could still have a job, heck it would be an easier job. Its absolutely unacceptable to let umpires miscall the most basic part of the game when we have a better way.

I hated Questect because Glavine and Maddux suffered because of it.

AerchAngel
07-09-2013, 12:00 AM
http://thespotts.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/calvin-hobbes-writers-block.jpg

Dude you are freaking awesome. Thanks for the laugh.

AerchAngel
07-09-2013, 12:27 AM

I just spitted up some fine Chardonnay after getting it. Nice bat.

Dalyn
07-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Dude you are freaking awesome. Thanks for the laugh.

You are welcome. :eusa_dance: I love Calvin & Hobbes.

mossy
07-09-2013, 11:11 PM
This was a game that I never got to see on TV, and thank GOD for that. I would have destroyed my television.

Pretty much. I was at college and watching the scoreboard in the library computer room. Had I seen it live, I'd have done something rash.