KISS
Hall and Oates
LL Cool J
Replacements
Link Wray
Chic
Cat Stevens

Did I miss somebody?

I have no prob with anyone on the list except policalical whacko Cat. Who was as non-rock as possible.

Krgrecw
10-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Cats songwriting was A material. Too bad he become a Muslim. Not to hijack but Does he speak out on Terrorism or jihadism? Pro or Con? Anti-western?

I have a problem with KISS. to gimmicky for me. Gene Simmons deserves to be a marketing hall-of-fame not a rock n roll hall of game. Not to mention KISS is rumored to be somewhat of a fake band

You don't sell 100,000,000 records by not having talent or being good songwriters. Bon Jovi deserves a spot.

zitothebrave
10-17-2013, 11:47 AM
I would put in the first 4 and that's it. Others are ok but JMO if Yes and Deep Purple are left off it's a waste year. Last year 2 injustices (Rush and Heart) were corrected lets get 2 more.

Best part about Rush getting inducted was their fans packed the ceremony, must different audience reaction with them than anyone else.

zitothebrave
10-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Cats songwriting was A material. Too bad he become a Muslim. Not to hijack but Does he speak out on Terrorism or jihadism? Pro or Con? Anti-western?

I have a problem with KISS. to gimmicky for me. Gene Simmons deserves to be a marketing hall-of-fame not a rock n roll hall of game. Not to mention KISS is rumored to be somewhat of a fake band

You don't sell 100,000,000 records by not having talent or being good songwriters. Bon Jovi deserves a spot.

Jovi does deserve a spot. Go Jersey!

Also Rico wre you going for the ones in the vote in? Or total? Cause you forgot the 2 slam dunks, Nirvana and Peter Gabriel.

BlackwaterPark
10-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Answer me this, why are rappers in the rock and roll hall of fame? and what the hell has LL Cool J done to deserve it...

Tapate50
10-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Answer me this, why are rappers in the rock and roll hall of fame? and what the hell has LL Cool J done to deserve it...

Man, that headsprung song is still a catchy mutha...

:eusa_dance:

The Chosen One
10-17-2013, 04:58 PM

Simon and Garfunkel were far from "Rock & Roll" genre... and they're in.

I think the Rock & Roll HOF has just become the unofficial music entertainer's hall of fame.

zitothebrave
10-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Simon and Garfunkel were far from "Rock & Roll" genre... and they're in.

I think the Rock & Roll HOF has just become the unofficial music entertainer's hall of fame.

More or less this. ROck and Roll is a very loose term. In reality it died in about 1960 when the Beatles and co came to town. Rock and Roll's inception was basically a combination of Rhythm and blues and country.

I thought the name Rock and Roll HOF was dumb and have insisted on calling it the Record Industry HOF but I think that lacks the pop.

And LL Cool J is pretty wack (basically hacked his way to power stealing Kool Moe Dee's style of rapping) but he sold a lot of records. And that's something that the HOF Considers. They're also on a seeming warpath to get rap artists in there including the infamous issue with Grandmaster Flash getting in on a technicality ove rThe Dave Clark Five.

nocalgirl10
10-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Any reason for leaving out Nirvana on your list? I was never a big fan but I don't see them not making it.

Haulin Oats has to be in my top 5 of music I play when nobody else is around. So bad but so good.

zitothebrave
10-18-2013, 12:30 AM
No, Holland is his first name and Oates is his last name

goldfly
10-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Not sure how many get cut, but in my particular order:

Linda Rondstadt
Yes
Deep Purple
KISS
Hall and Oates
LL Cool J
Replacements
Link Wray
Chic
Cat Stevens

Did I miss somebody?

I have no prob with anyone on the list except policalical whacko Cat. Who was as non-rock as possible.

Cat had the most talent from that list

and you forgot The Meters

Cats songwriting was A material. Too bad he become a Muslim.

what the ****?

Krgrecw
10-18-2013, 07:11 AM
I think it's safe to say that Cat Stevens becoming a Muslim had a pretty negative effect on his music career. It basically killed his future in America.

rniki10
10-18-2013, 08:19 AM
I am a die-hard Nirvana fan so I definitely have them as my number 1 to get in. I don't like Kiss, but I can see why they would deserve it.

ESP47
10-18-2013, 08:51 AM

Have you been living under a rock? He did this... the anthem of our generation.

http://youtu.be/KSurzeGvPrQ

BlackwaterPark
10-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Any reason for leaving out Nirvana on your list? I was never a big fan but I don't see them not making it.

IMO Nirvana wouldnt be half as popular if Kurt hadnt died..

zitothebrave
10-19-2013, 09:17 AM
IMO Nirvana wouldnt be half as popular if Kurt hadnt died..

That's a popular sentiment but totally absurd

Nirvana had a platinum selling single as a rock band, that doesn't happen very often. They would always be remembered fondly. Now I think the Genius of Kurt Cobain is likely overstated because of his death, as it is with almost all folks (lennon being arguably the biggest)

BlackwaterPark
10-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Where do u think Korn fits in?

zitothebrave
10-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Korn fits nicely into the Hall of Who Gives a Crap.

zitothebrave
12-17-2013, 05:07 PM
So the inductees are Nirvana, KISS, Hall and Oates, Peter Gabriel, Linda Rondstadt, and Cat Stevens.

Wonder who will induct Nirvana. I hope it's not someone lame.

CyYoung31
12-19-2013, 08:21 AM
That's a popular sentiment but totally absurd

Nirvana had a platinum selling single as a rock band, that doesn't happen very often. They would always be remembered fondly. Now I think the Genius of Kurt Cobain is likely overstated because of his death, as it is with almost all folks (lennon being arguably the biggest)

EL. OH. EL.

You're no longer allowed to post in this thread.

50PoundHead
12-19-2013, 10:36 AM

Cat Stevens (now Yusef Islam) was extremely vocal after the 9/11 attacks speaking about against the terrorists. From other comments, he appears to be a very observant Muslim and that has sparked a few mini-controversies. He was somehow linked to terrorist plots according to Great Britain that kept him from gaining entry to the US in 2004, but that seems to have been cleared up and he travels freely now. As for his career, he's not the first (and won't be the last) who got off the show biz merry-go-round in search of deeper meaning.

I hope Linda Rondstadt gets in. She's in really tough straits. Has Parkinson's. A little exposure for her would be nice.

Not a big disco guy here, but have always loved Nile Rodgers (who along with Bernard Edwards was the musical heart and soul of Chic) and he's done a lot of cool stuff, so I'm kind of pulling for him.

And the Replacements are Minnesota's own, so I have to pull for them (even though I don't see how they really belong on this list).

Tapate50
12-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Cat Stevens (now Yusef Islam) was extremely vocal after the 9/11 attacks speaking about against the terrorists. From other comments, he appears to be a very observant Muslim and that has sparked a few mini-controversies. He was somehow linked to terrorist plots according to Great Britain that kept him from gaining entry to the US in 2004, but that seems to have been cleared up and he travels freely now. As for his career, he's not the first (and won't be the last) who got off the show biz merry-go-round in search of deeper meaning.

I hope Linda Rondstadt gets in. She's in really tough straits. Has Parkinson's. A little exposure for her would be nice.

Not a big disco guy here, but have always loved Nile Rodgers (who along with Bernard Edwards was the musical heart and soul of Chic) and he's done a lot of cool stuff, so I'm kind of pulling for him.

And the Replacements are Minnesota's own, so I have to pull for them (even though I don't see how they really belong on this list).

I did not know Linda had Parkinsons.... Shame. She had one of the best voices I've heard to this day. Everyone wanted to work with her. She needs to be in.

zitothebrave
12-19-2013, 12:39 PM
In case you missed it by Cy's necro quote. I posted who got in and Ronstadt did.

zitothebrave
12-19-2013, 12:45 PM
EL. OH. EL.

You're no longer allowed to post in this thread.

Poor baby. Truth hurts don't it? What did Lennon contribute that's truly brilliant? Hell what did he write that's really worth any thing without the Beatles? Imagine? Lol

CyYoung31
12-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Poor baby. Truth hurts don't it? What did Lennon contribute that's truly brilliant? Hell what did he write that's really worth any thing without the Beatles? Imagine? Lol
Dumbass, the stuff he wrote with the Beatles counts too. And it's some of the greatest music of all-time.

And the point is, he was considered a genius well before he got shot. And rightfully so.

zitothebrave
12-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Dumbass, the stuff he wrote with the Beatles counts too. And it's some of the greatest music of all-time.

And the point is, he was considered a genius well before he got shot. And rightfully so.

And Cobain was too. We're talking historically. People gaining favor because of tragedy.

Also we have different opinions on genius. I don't consider writing good simple music to be genius. I woudl say someone liek Frank Zappa or if you want to go more modern, Trent Reznor. McCartney si the most "musical genius" of all the Beatles, probably followed by Harrison, then Lennon with Starr way behind.

CyYoung31
12-20-2013, 01:34 AM
And Cobain was too. We're talking historically. People gaining favor because of tragedy.

Also we have different opinions on genius. I don't consider writing good simple music to be genius. I woudl say someone liek Frank Zappa or if you want to go more modern, Trent Reznor. McCartney si the most "musical genius" of all the Beatles, probably followed by Harrison, then Lennon with Starr way behind.

No. Just no. Lennon did way more for music than Cobain. This was all acknowledged way before his death. Why do you think everyone tool his death so hard and still are today?

As far as Lennon's talent goes and his "complexity" you have no idea what you are talking about on so many levels. Just shut up.