PDA

View Full Version : Fredi vs. Snitkers

The Chosen One
08-06-2018, 05:13 PM
I think the majority opinion here, if not the consensus, is that if Fredi were in charge of this team that we'd be comfortably ahead of Philly in the standings at this point. FrediGraphs says statistically if he were managing we'd have +7 wins on the season to this point.

For you few Snitkers supporters, explain why you think he's done a better job at this point of the season than Da Fredi G Show would be doing if he had this strong of a team.

bravesfanMatt
08-06-2018, 05:20 PM
You spelled Bud Black funny

Acuña’s Bat Flip
08-07-2018, 10:40 PM
Snitker should go spend time with his grandkids and we get a real manager.

gcbraves
08-08-2018, 06:25 AM
In rebuttal I have only this to say about Fredi...(and keep in mind I can't stand Snitker)

rico43
08-08-2018, 10:30 AM
I think the majority opinion here, if not the consensus, is that if Fredi were in charge of this team that we'd be comfortably ahead of Philly in the standings at this point. FrediGraphs says statistically if he were managing we'd have +7 wins on the season to this point.

For you few Snitkers supporters, explain why you think he's done a better job at this point of the season than Da Fredi G Show would be doing if he had this strong of a team.

Because Fredi gave up last year, going through the motions. I believe that if the organization felt he still gave a damn, they would have found a spot in the organization for him. By the way, next time you conduct a poll, it'd be really nice if you let the choices speak for themselves. Your snark about Snitker makes this a bull*** poll.

Julio3000
08-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Sometimes guys need to be reminded to keep the line moving. Sometimes caps need to be tipped. Fredi was elite in these areas and we’ve been struggling with line-moving and cap-tipping since he was let go.

Runnin
08-13-2018, 09:22 PM
Unless he's an obvious a-hole, I support the manager. Way too much is made of in game moves.

Batting Acuna leadoff was a good idea.

jpx7
08-13-2018, 11:39 PM
They’re both fine thirdbase coaches.

chop2chip
08-14-2018, 12:39 AM

If there is one thing my experience has taught me watching baseball is that there is no such thing as a good third base coach.

The Chosen One
08-14-2018, 12:48 AM
If there is one thing my experience has taught me watching baseball is that there is no such thing as a good third base coach.

No coincidence that 2 of our most prolific offensive teams (2003 and 2013) both happened to be with Fredi as 3B coach and Manager.

cajunrevenge
08-14-2018, 03:04 AM
All my years on Braves forums and I have never seen people happy with the manager. Maybe its time to accept that we never will?

Braves1976
08-14-2018, 04:57 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Braves1976
08-14-2018, 05:03 PM
All my years on Braves forums and I have never seen people happy with the manager. Maybe its time to accept that we never will?

If we had hired Bud Black you wouldn't see this. Sure some would not like him but that's true with anyone, just like any player. Further, I had some tell me that I never support Braves GM's due to my criticism of our past two GM's etc. But the fact is I have nothing but supported the hiring of AA and his moves thus far. I just needed a good GM to support same as I am still waiting for a good manager to support.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
08-14-2018, 11:49 PM
I wanted us to hire Bud Black badly.