PDA

View Full Version : Rasslin' Thread: Sponsored by the Oz Man

Pages : [1] 2

Acuña’s Bat Flip
08-17-2018, 06:06 PM
So it's SummerSlam weekend and I'm not really all that excited with WWE having a half-ass Raw Universal Champion in Bork Lesnar. I like NJPW (I read Nakamura may be going back when his WWE deal is up) also but I haven't watched Impact in forever but I've heard some good recent reviews. Just to be clear, this thread is for all of the Rasslin' promotions it just happens to be SummerSlam weekend.

Krgrecw
08-17-2018, 07:40 PM
I don’t watch Raw at all. I read the dirt sheets daily so I’m still up to date with what’s happening. I’ve thought that NXT takeovers are better shows than any non-Wrestlemania ppv in years.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
08-18-2018, 10:12 PM
I don’t watch Raw at all. I read the dirt sheets daily so I’m still up to date with what’s happening. I’ve thought that NXT takeovers are better shows than any non-Wrestlemania ppv in years.

Let me know how NXT Brooklyn was when you watch it.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
03-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Chris Jericho, Jim Ross and the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars are starting a new promotion called All Elite Wrestling, they are said to be in talks with some big networks like TNT. This will be interesting to keep an eye on.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/elite-trademark-filings-new-company/#.XIA-T4hKjIW

The Chosen One
03-06-2019, 05:38 PM
Eh. Rhodes is what got this going.

Rhodes wants to bring wrestling back to the glory days of WCW before Russo ruined it. It's because his father dusty helped wcw get big to crush WWF.

I'm all for it. WWE has gotten too big for it's ego. Product is stale most of the year. Besides, WCW mid 90's was my favorite era of wrestling. Early late 90's to 2001 WWF comes close second.

thewupk
03-06-2019, 09:49 PM

Rhodes wants to bring wrestling back to the glory days of WCW before Russo ruined it. It's because his father dusty helped wcw get big to crush WWF.

I'm all for it. WWE has gotten too big for it's ego. Product is stale most of the year. Besides, WCW mid 90's was my favorite era of wrestling. Early late 90's to 2001 WWF comes close second.

4 life

The Chosen One
03-06-2019, 10:08 PM
4 life

Stacked Tag Division. Outsiders, Steiners, Harlem Heat, Horsemen. Meng/Barbarian

Stacked Cruiserweight Division. Mysterio, Malenko, Juvi, Psychosis, Jericho, Eddie

Stacked Mid Card/Main Event. DDP, Luger, Horsemen, Savage, Giant, Hogan, Sting, Flair, Hennig, Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Piper etc.

Plus you had other mid carders like Raven, Saturn, Mortis, Wrath, etc.

I will watch those shows anyday over what WWE throws out there.

Btw, Tony Schiavone is back in the business. He still does Gwinnett and UGA stuff but he also is the lead announcer for MLW promotion once a week. Look up their shows on youtube. It's awesome to hear his voice commentating again. Hopefully AEW can pick him up. Would give them a lot of credibility if he and Tenay with a third heel guy could do commentary.

Krgrecw
03-07-2019, 01:39 AM
Stacked Tag Division. Outsiders, Steiners, Harlem Heat, Horsemen. Meng/Barbarian

Stacked Cruiserweight Division. Mysterio, Malenko, Juvi, Psychosis, Jericho, Eddie

Stacked Mid Card/Main Event. DDP, Luger, Horsemen, Savage, Giant, Hogan, Sting, Flair, Hennig, Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Piper etc.

Plus you had other mid carders like Raven, Saturn, Mortis, Wrath, etc.

I will watch those shows anyday over what WWE throws out there.

Btw, Tony Schiavone is back in the business. He still does Gwinnett and UGA stuff but he also is the lead announcer for MLW promotion once a week. Look up their shows on youtube. It's awesome to hear his voice commentating again. Hopefully AEW can pick him up. Would give them a lot of credibility if he and Tenay with a third heel guy could do commentary.

You ever listen to Schiavones podcast? Good stuff. They basically rewatch a ppv event from that Time frame and talk about it. The theme song where they change the words in Billy Joel’s ‘we didn’t start the fire’ to lyrics about the nwa-wcw is actually pretty catchy.

Krgrecw
03-07-2019, 01:42 AM
Sounds like Jim Ross to AEW for play by play.

The Chosen One
03-07-2019, 02:13 AM
Sounds like Jim Ross to AEW for play by play.

He's done some work for MMA and New Japan. AEW hasn't gotten a tv deal yet just this one off PPV so far. So interested to see if JR will move to the booth full time again or just special events like this. I'd still like Schiavone and Tenay to work together again. They just need a good heel announcer like Heenan back in the day to play off of.

The Chosen One
03-07-2019, 02:14 AM
You ever listen to Schiavones podcast? Good stuff. They basically rewatch a ppv event from that Time frame and talk about it. The theme song where they change the words in Billy Joel’s ‘we didn’t start the fire’ to lyrics about the nwa-wcw is actually pretty catchy.

Isn't the guy he podcasts with the same guy that does it with Flair and also happened to marry Flair's daughter lol.

The Chosen One
03-07-2019, 03:32 AM
Btw. Nothing rolls off the tongue as smoothly in rasslin than DUBYA SEE DUBYA

50PoundHead
03-07-2019, 07:53 AM

I go back a little further, but WCW from the early-80s until the mid-90s was the best promotion out there by far. The Four Horsemen was the pinnacle. Only reason I ever watched WWF was to see what Roddy Piper was up to. My second favorite promotion was the defunct UWF that Cowboy Bill Watts ran until he sold it to Ted Turner. It got some play during the wrestling explosion in the early-to-mid 1980s when you could watch a different promotion every night on cable. UWF had Sting and Steve Williams.

Krgrecw
03-07-2019, 02:33 PM
I go back a little further, but WCW from the early-80s until the mid-90s was the best promotion out there by far. The Four Horsemen was the pinnacle. Only reason I ever watched WWF was to see what Roddy Piper was up to. My second favorite promotion was the defunct UWF that Cowboy Bill Watts ran until he sold it to Ted Turner. It got some play during the wrestling explosion in the early-to-mid 1980s when you could watch a different promotion every night on cable. UWF had Sting and Steve Williams.

Mid 80’s nwa was the best. 4 horseman, dusty, rock n roll express, midnight express, Russians etc.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
03-07-2019, 11:46 PM
https://youtu.be/9A0VN1YysZU

Acuña’s Bat Flip
03-13-2019, 12:34 AM
During an appearance on the Total Engagement podcast, former WWE music composer Jim Johnston talked about his departure from the company in 2017. Johnston spoke about how WWE barely used him towards the end of his run:

“I don’t want a job where I don’t have to work,” he said. “There wasn’t ever a millisecond where I thought, ‘Wow, isn’t this great? I’m really not doing that much music, but they’re continuing to pay me! Oh my God, what a great deal!’ It was awful. I hate that. I hated that feeling. I’ve got handcuffs on, I can’t contribute and I eventually told Vince that as well. I said, ‘this is not right.’ I also told him at the time is like, ‘hey, if you’re unhappy with me, fire me. Fire me right now. You can fire me right now. I’m taking the pressure off. Go ahead. Fire me.’ Because that’s not the way I roll. I don’t like that.”

Johnston talked about the difference between writing music for heels and faces:

“I think music for bad guys always comes down to, ‘Do you believe how great I am? Can you believe it?’ And Mr. Perfect was a really strong character and he played it really well. He was charismatically bad and he really exuded that when he came out you know with the hands up in the air and that was his vibe: ‘You know, c’mon now…it’s a little hard to believe, how great I am, isn’t it? I mean, it’s hard for me to believe, for God’s sake!’ It’s like a monumental conchairto to himself whereas music for good guys is more a celebration for everyone. It’s more coming out and going out to the crowd. It’s almost like this is what the crowd feels about you and how much we love you and how much we’re supporting you and bad guys I think it comes more from it’s all about them. So it’s how they see themselves.”

When asked directly about possibly writing music for AEW, Johnston replied with the following comment:

“Sure, absolutely. Give me a call.”

In a recent NoDQ poll, 86% of respondents voted that they would like to see AEW hire Johnston.

Credit: PWMANIA

Former WWE music composer Jim Johnston is open/interested in AEW.

cajunrevenge
03-13-2019, 09:54 AM
I am excited for AEW. I can't take wwe anymore.

The Chosen One
03-13-2019, 12:42 PM
I am in Calgary for the next week for work.

I really want to visit the Hart Dungeon/House. The House itself is now just a normal suburban house. Not a museum you can pay to go into.

But as a wrestling fan, it's just something I want to see in person to know so many greats came through.

Krgrecw
03-13-2019, 03:35 PM
I am in Calgary for the next week for work.

I really want to visit the Hart Dungeon/House. The House itself is now just a normal suburban house. Not a museum you can pay to go into.

But as a wrestling fan, it's just something I want to see in person to know so many greats came through.

Damn. You should swing by if you have time.

50PoundHead
03-17-2019, 05:56 PM
I forgot to mention the Continental Wrestling Association, the Memphis promotion that Jerry Jarrett used to run. Jerry Lawler was great in that venue and I didn't think his schtick transferred to the WWE. The Andy Kaufman/Lawler feud was awesome. Same went for Downtown Bruno, his act in Memphis, who then went by Harvey Wippleman in the WWE.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-03-2019, 11:53 AM
https://youtu.be/jZQO92oKqUw

AerchAngel
04-05-2019, 10:10 AM
My hometown wrestler Ricochet, residing from Paducah, Kentucky

Best wrestler in moves in the business.

I am thinking if I ever saw him as a boy and there is a change I might have.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-05-2019, 12:27 PM
My hometown wrestler Ricochet, residing from Paducah, Kentucky

Best wrestler in moves in the business.

I am thinking if I ever saw him as a boy and there is a change I might have.

I have been keeping up with him for about five years since he wore a mask and went by the name Prince Puma in Lucha Underground. His finishing move is Amazing, I don't know how any human being can do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvNdzf0SvPA

On a side note, I had never heard of Paducah, Kentucky until recently and now I know of three people from there, Ricochet, you and my mom worked with a guy in the newspaper business some years ago from there that found his way to Spartanburg, SC. How many people live in Paducah?

AerchAngel
04-05-2019, 01:58 PM
I have been keeping up with him for about five years since he wore a mask and went by the name Prince Puma in Lucha Underground. His finishing move is Amazing, I don't know how any human being can do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvNdzf0SvPA

On a side note, I had never heard of Paducah, Kentucky until recently and now I know of three people from there, Ricochet, you and my mom worked with a guy in the newspaper business some years ago from there that found his way to Spartanburg, SC. How many people live in Paducah?

25K in city but about close to 100k in the vicinity.

It has grown. When I went back home on Thanksgiving I was like WTF? this city has changed. It is a beautiful city to see, if you want to see old school buildings and architect. It has so many things in the city and in the surrounding area that would amaze you.

If it wasn't for my kids, I would move there.

The high schools are good as well, the new one is McCrakren County and the school is like a university in buildings.

I worked at Lockheed Martin when I was back home in the 90's, it has now changed. I was in charge of the database for depleted uranium stuff.

AerchAngel
04-06-2019, 07:54 AM
Thanks for asking, you make me miss home.

Going back home is special, with family, friends and just experience the music scene which is very good and renown. I can go back but flying there from here is about 700 a pop one way and the pay there is not like the cities of Minneapolis or Madison, or even Milwaukee.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-06-2019, 08:57 AM
BIG NEWS!!!

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross, who recently signed with All Elite Wrestling, appeared on WFAN Radio in New York City earlier today and said AEW will have a weekly two-hour live TV show that premieres in October.

JR did not reveal the timeslot or the name for the AEW TV show, and he refused to elaborate on what network will carry the program. Ross did say the AEW TV show will air on a major network that we all have access to.

"[AEW] is overwhelming for me," Ross said. "To be 67 years old and be anointed the voice of a brand that's gonna be debuting in October on national television on a major cable network, which can't be named now. When people hear what network we're going on, they're gonna be doubly excited. It's a network we can all find."

Ross also said AEW is going for a more athletic presentation compared to what we see on TV from other promotions these days.

"I think what they're shooting for is a more athletic presentation," JR revealed. "It will hopefully be less eye rolling than the sophomore drama class trying to convince you in a 10 minute promo of anything they're saying. It's too long. Our audience can't handle that."

As confirmed, Ross signed a three-year deal with AEW and will make his commentary debut at Double Or Nothing on May 25, but he will also serve as a Senior Adviser to the company. His contract was called "the most lucrative deal in pro wrestling commentary history" in the AEW press release.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/04/jim-ross-reveals-big-news-on-the-first-aew-tv-show-652774/

The rumor is it will be on TNT. Holy crap!

The Chosen One
04-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Considering TNT was airing AAF and MMA recently I can believe it that they'd think about bringing wrestling back into the fold.

AerchAngel
04-06-2019, 03:33 PM
The story lines are getting better.

I think "The Man" Becky Lynch is the hottest wrestler on the roster.

I like how they are doing the NXT/WWE angles and matches to give talents like Ricochet and Black some TV time for prime time, that is a very very good tag team even though they are individual wrestlers.

Aleister Black probably have the best striking moves in the business. I don't know but his Muay Thai fighting style is deadly.

AerchAngel
04-06-2019, 03:35 PM
Before you all say it is fake and scripted, which you are correct.

But for those two pull off those moves, even Hollywood have a hard time doing it without edits.

AerchAngel
04-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Miz is sick in destroying Shane.

AerchAngel
04-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Miracle Shane won, but a sick ass maneuver.

Krgrecw
04-07-2019, 08:59 PM
The story lines are getting better.

I think "The Man" Becky Lynch is the hottest wrestler on the roster.

I like how they are doing the NXT/WWE angles and matches to give talents like Ricochet and Black some TV time for prime time, that is a very very good tag team even though they are individual wrestlers.

Aleister Black probably have the best striking moves in the business. I don't know but his Muay Thai fighting style is deadly.

Amen on Black. Surprised he never gave MMA a try with his striking. If the dude were American, he’d be a top guy

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-07-2019, 09:15 PM
Miracle Shane won, but a sick ass maneuver.

It was surprising, I figured with Shane being heel that The Miz would push him off something high and win.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-07-2019, 09:20 PM
Triple H calls AEW a ‘piss ant company’ at WWE Hall of Fame ceremony.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/4/6/18298747/triple-h-aew-piss-ant-company-billy-gunn-wwe-hall-of-fame-2019-dx

Krgrecw
04-07-2019, 11:33 PM
Horrible main event Guess they were out of time and had to rush the finish.

That was a grade C wrestlemania at best. Thoughts?

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Horrible main event Guess they were out of time and had to rush the finish.

That was a grade C wrestlemania at best. Thoughts?

The show was too long, I fell asleep with like four matches left and woke up and Angle lost to Borin Corbin? What?!? Meltzer is reporting that Ronda has a severely broken hand but there was no botch.

On a brighter note they are having a "Superstar Shake-Up" next week and maybe we will get some fresh stories and feuds. My main wish for tonight is for Adam Cole to get called up from NXT and try to help save Raw.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Tonight may be Ricochet and Black's night, the company has to take the Raw Tag Team Titles from Ryder and Hawkins sooner rather than later.

AerchAngel
04-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Tonight may be Ricochet and Black's night, the company has to take the Raw Tag Team Titles from Ryder and Hawkins sooner rather than later.

Well they need to do it in the first hour. I have my kids and they dominate the TV.

But you are right, those two do not look in the best of shape.

Ricochet and Black are the buzz right now.

And Black fighting style is very unique in the WWE. Some are close, but he is the real deal there.

Krgrecw
04-08-2019, 07:48 PM
At least Lars showed up

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-09-2019, 06:14 PM
At least Lars showed up

Other than that it was an awful show.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Maybe Adam Cole debuts tonight.

AerchAngel
04-09-2019, 09:21 PM
At least Lars showed up

And he can't wrestle.

The chants already started.

4maddux_cy's
04-10-2019, 12:19 AM
I thought Mania was very good. I just think it’s too damned long.

Can’t stand Lars Sullivan. I still think he looks like Snitsky.

4maddux_cy's
04-10-2019, 12:22 AM
BIG NEWS!!!

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross, who recently signed with All Elite Wrestling, appeared on WFAN Radio in New York City earlier today and said AEW will have a weekly two-hour live TV show that premieres in October.

JR did not reveal the timeslot or the name for the AEW TV show, and he refused to elaborate on what network will carry the program. Ross did say the AEW TV show will air on a major network that we all have access to.

"[AEW] is overwhelming for me," Ross said. "To be 67 years old and be anointed the voice of a brand that's gonna be debuting in October on national television on a major cable network, which can't be named now. When people hear what network we're going on, they're gonna be doubly excited. It's a network we can all find."

Ross also said AEW is going for a more athletic presentation compared to what we see on TV from other promotions these days.

"I think what they're shooting for is a more athletic presentation," JR revealed. "It will hopefully be less eye rolling than the sophomore drama class trying to convince you in a 10 minute promo of anything they're saying. It's too long. Our audience can't handle that."

As confirmed, Ross signed a three-year deal with AEW and will make his commentary debut at Double Or Nothing on May 25, but he will also serve as a Senior Adviser to the company. His contract was called "the most lucrative deal in pro wrestling commentary history" in the AEW press release.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/04/jim-ross-reveals-big-news-on-the-first-aew-tv-show-652774/

I hope the “sports feel” means we are not going to have any stupid Joey Ryan dick ****. I hate his schtick.

50PoundHead
04-10-2019, 07:28 AM
BIG NEWS!!!

Jesse Ventura isn't doing a whole lot these days. The whole Governor of Minnesota thing didn't turn out to be great for his marketing. I say put him back in the booth!

AerchAngel
04-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Jesse Ventura isn't doing a whole lot these days. The whole Governor of Minnesota thing didn't turn out to be great for his marketing. I say put him back in the booth!

Oh boy, that would be great for comedy.

But no team was greater than Ross and Lawler. NONE.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-10-2019, 10:28 PM

I don’t know how legit the source is but man this would be awesome! :banana:

Krgrecw
04-10-2019, 10:45 PM

Vince hates Jesse. HATES. Other than Macho Man savage, their probably isn’t anyone higher on Vince’s **** list

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Vince hates Jesse. HATES. Other than Macho Man savage, their probably isn’t anyone higher on Vince’s **** list

I knew Vince was a vindictive ass but he hates the deceased?

Krgrecw
04-11-2019, 07:16 AM
I knew Vince was a vindictive ass but he hates the deceased?

If the rumored news were true, I’d think yes

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-11-2019, 04:21 PM
Rajah said on Twitter that apparently AEW will be on TBS.

Also...

1116370341121540097 :pimp:

50PoundHead
04-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Oh boy, that would be great for comedy.

But no team was greater than Ross and Lawler. NONE.

I always thought Bobby Heenan was in a class by himself as a color commentator. I grew up watching the old AWA and Heenan was a manager (and sometimes wrestler) for that promotion and he was awesome. He also ran the schemes (feuds, character flips, etc.).

AerchAngel
04-12-2019, 09:12 AM
I always thought Bobby Heenan was in a class by himself as a color commentator. I grew up watching the old AWA and Heenan was a manager (and sometimes wrestler) for that promotion and he was awesome. He also ran the schemes (feuds, character flips, etc.).

I remember those days, later 70's when we got TBS or another station, Wahoo McDaniel, Iron Sheik, Mr. Wrestler II, Great Kubuki and most of the wrestlers would do their own promo's before the match and it was awesome.

I think it was either Saturday or Sunday and then my cousins and I will do matches like them, no broken bones, but we did get hurt. It was our weekend treat. Their mom would get pissed when we got hurt, we did not have cable on our side of the river yet so my parents take me over there. She patched us up and we are at it again.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-23-2019, 03:40 PM
As the WWE Universe continues to rally around Ricochet and his family following last week’s devastating news, several NXT Superstars have come together with a special fundraiser to help the family in their time of need.

Last week, Ricochet revealed that his mother’s home – the house he grew up in – was destroyed in a fire. Looking to turn a negative into a positive, the former NXT North American Champion launched a GoFundMe fundraising campaign in hopes of alleviating the strain and bringing a silver lining for his family. As the initiative continues to draw support many of Ricochet’s NXT peers came together and launched a special fundraiser on eBay, called “The Ricochet Family Fund.”

With this initiative, members of the NXT roster will donate items to be auctioned off, with all proceeds going toward Ricochet’s mom and family.

To participate in The Ricochet Family Fund, visit the eBay page here. Auctions start tonight and end on Monday, April 29. See the start times for each NXT Superstar below. Each Superstar’s auction will end precisely one week after its start time.

https://www.wwe.com/article/nxt-superstars-launch-the-ricochet-family-fund-after-house-fire?sf211428153=1

Picture of what was the house:
https://www.gofundme.com/help-my-mom-rebuild-life-after-house-fire

Did you know about this tragic occurrence, AerchAngel?

AerchAngel
04-23-2019, 05:40 PM
https://www.wwe.com/article/nxt-superstars-launch-the-ricochet-family-fund-after-house-fire?sf211428153=1

No. He is from Reidland, Ky, a suburb of Paducah ( around 10k people, ignore wiki). I will ask my aunt. She knows a lot of people in Paducah being a powerful woman. He did not go to the normal churches so he probably does not know many people in the city proper.

I would donate if I can, I have things I don't need and if I have to drive 10 hours I will.

AerchAngel
04-23-2019, 05:49 PM

No one from the Paducah area (may 100k in total) in his FB.

And I know a lot of people.

Where was this fire? I don't see it. He grew up in a suburb.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-23-2019, 07:43 PM
This is all I can find:
http://www.wsiltv.com/story/40348773/wwe-raising-money-for-paducah-family

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-23-2019, 09:17 PM
https://youtu.be/JHkiVa-FYvo

This is WCW on its deathbed in the early 2000’s bad! WWE is insulting adults intelligence here.

Krgrecw
04-24-2019, 01:03 AM
The wrestling documentaries on VICE are definitely worth checking out. The Von Ehrich family one coming out next week is getting some major good reviews

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-25-2019, 03:40 PM
The wrestling documentaries on VICE are definitely worth checking out. The Von Ehrich family one coming out next week is getting some major good reviews

I watched the replay of The Killing of Bruiser Brody at midnight and that was some BS how the other wrestlers lied and only Tony Atlas and Dutch Mantel told the truth and Dutch didn't get his subpoena to court until 10 days after the trial and the murderer (another wrestler) got away with it! I'm not trying to be funny but Bruiser Brody looked a lot like a much larger Elias when he had his hair pulled up in a ponytail. I said I'd watch that and then go to bed and then they replayed The Match Made in Heaven (Randy Savage and Elizabeth) and then The Montreal Screwjob after that and I ended up being up until after 3 am, all of the episodes I have seen so far are must see tv.

Krgrecw
04-25-2019, 06:39 PM
I watched the replay of The Killing of Bruiser Brody at midnight and that was some BS how the other wrestlers lied and only Tony Atlas and Dutch Mantel told the truth and Dutch didn't get his subpoena to court until 10 days after the trial and the murderer (another wrestler) got away with it! I'm not trying to be funny but Bruiser Brody looked a lot like a much larger Elias when he had his hair pulled up in a ponytail. I said I'd watch that and then go to bed and then they replayed The Match Made in Heaven (Randy Savage and Elizabeth) and then The Montreal Screwjob after that and I ended up being up until after 3 am, all of the episodes I have seen so far are must see tv.

There’s a very good documentary called The Heroes of World Class you should check out if you like those Viceland docs. Think it might be on YouTube. It’s sad how big they could
Had been

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-01-2019, 03:03 PM

It looks like Moxley (Dean Ambrose) is headed to AEW! Dave Meltzer is reporting that CM Punk will be signing with them also!

AerchAngel
05-01-2019, 04:21 PM

It looks like Moxley (Dean Ambrose) is headed to AEW! Dave Meltzer is reporting that CM Punk will be signing with them also!

And his wife on WWE? Interesting.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-01-2019, 09:04 PM
And his wife on WWE? Interesting.

It is going to have to be weird for her.

AerchAngel
05-02-2019, 08:43 AM
It is going to have to be weird for her.

I was in independent wrestling events recently but at my age I could put some of the smaller ones down easily but I got hurt in an auto accident. So i can't play any sports and can't help my friend independent events anymore because of it. It was bad what happened to me.

I could manage but I like being a heel and attack from behind.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-02-2019, 02:19 PM
I was in independent wrestling events recently but at my age I could put some of the smaller ones down easily but I got hurt in an auto accident. So i can't play any sports and can't help my friend independent events anymore because of it. It was bad what happened to me.

I could manage but I like being a heel and attack from behind.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad health, my friend. I would want to be heel also, one of my favorite gimmicks of all time was when The Rock came back with a shaved head for the first time and wore the vest and played the guitar and was basically booked as his real life self at least the Hollywood part but he played the "I am better than you" to the crowd so perfect. I also like The Miz as a heel and think they are wasting him right now as a face. I never really liked HHH for a long time because I felt he married into the business and was gifted his spot but there is no denying he was a very good heel when he used to get the sledgehammer out from under the ring when he was younger and more active and I'm sure he learned a ton about wrestling from his best friend and wrestling legend, Ric Flair. I could see myself as being like Lio Rush on Raw getting under people's skin. Back to Ambrose's wife, I wonder if she is about to leave WWE soon because you know when they do the Hall of fame all of the wrestlers and company employees bring their spouses. That would be weird, I don't know if it would be more weird for him or her but I do remember Mickie James bringing her husband to the ceremony a few years ago while he was employed by Impact Wrestling.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-03-2019, 03:50 PM

What did you think about the Von Erich episode? I remember reading about their tragedies in wrestling magazines as a child, there was no internet back then. I had no idea Kerry had a prosthetic leg in WWF though. The only way to get news in those dinosaur days as a kid was the magazines or gossip, I remember hearing a rumor in the late 80’s or early 90’s while I was in the grocery store checkout line as a kid that Lex Luger had died but like I said there was no internet or quick way to check. It never was reported on the news was the only way we finally knew it wasn’t true.

Tapate50
05-04-2019, 06:19 AM

Agreed. Got them DVRd.

Krgrecw
05-04-2019, 08:40 AM
Since Sinclair bought the fox sports channels, things are looking up for ROH. Sinclair owns ROH, and now they finally have tv markets in Chicago and New York. ROH may actually come on your local fox stations. Here in Columbus SC, it’s on Saturday at 11pm. Better in ring action than the boring WWE

AerchAngel
05-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Since Sinclair bought the fox sports channels, things are looking up for ROH. Sinclair owns ROH, and now they finally have tv markets in Chicago and New York. ROH may actually come on your local fox stations. Here in Columbus SC, it’s on Saturday at 11pm. Better in ring action than the boring WWE

Kind of crude of you Krg about WWE, they are not bad. As long they don't have those who only do events (Lesnar) they are okay. Ricochet is from my hometown and a crowd favorite, Aliester Black is awesome as a striker, which I am but much much older and could wrestle easily at my age but not now due to an auto accident. I help my friend, we play softball together, for events in wrestling and they do not want to challenge me. I am too big for them to handle, not in being fat either.

First thing give Ring of Honor the proper praise (ROH), it was disrespectful for a good brand by you because you did not say what it is and non-wrestlings fans would not have known. Many of the WWE were in the ROH and not NXT starting out, it came later.

Please don't butcher that anymore.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-04-2019, 04:20 PM

What did you think about the Von Erich episode?

So does that mean you haven't watched it yet or what?

Krgrecw
05-04-2019, 06:15 PM
Sorry. I watched it. It was good. Hard to watch that without tearing up even though I knew the ending. I think next weeks episode is about Geno Hernandez which is another good story. Didn’t want to spoil that one.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-12-2019, 05:41 PM
What do you guys think about the new wild card rule in WWE?

AerchAngel
05-12-2019, 06:39 PM

Love it.

The Chosen One
05-13-2019, 03:39 AM

Vince already broke it the first night.

Also, it's only installed because of pressure from NBC and FOX due to horrific ratings.

Krgrecw
05-13-2019, 07:27 AM
Vince already broke it the first night.

Also, it's only installed because of pressure from NBC and FOX due to horrific ratings.

WWE had a nice run for a long time. Their ratings are down over 25% from a year ago. That’s terrible. Something needs to change and change now

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-13-2019, 09:25 PM
I turned Raw off at 9:30, AEW can’t get here fast enough!

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-15-2019, 02:45 PM

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-16-2019, 09:24 PM

AerchAngel
05-17-2019, 10:39 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your bad health, my friend. I would want to be heel also, one of my favorite gimmicks of all time was when The Rock came back with a shaved head for the first time and wore the vest and played the guitar and was basically booked as his real life self at least the Hollywood part but he played the "I am better than you" to the crowd so perfect. I also like The Miz as a heel and think they are wasting him right now as a face. I never really liked HHH for a long time because I felt he married into the business and was gifted his spot but there is no denying he was a very good heel when he used to get the sledgehammer out from under the ring when he was younger and more active and I'm sure he learned a ton about wrestling from his best friend and wrestling legend, Ric Flair. I could see myself as being like Lio Rush on Raw getting under people's skin. Back to Ambrose's wife, I wonder if she is about to leave WWE soon because you know when they do the Hall of fame all of the wrestlers and company employees bring their spouses. That would be weird, I don't know if it would be more weird for him or her but I do remember Mickie James bringing her husband to the ceremony a few years ago while he was employed by Impact Wrestling.

I think they want kids but my god she is so beautiful and that body and it is not like a swimsuit but a woman that could be a mom. I think she will be leaving and one of the ones in the back would take over.

Where in the hell they get all these beautiful woman? Now wrestlers, well they are wrestlers, Bliss is fine as hell but her attitude, well lets just say, I would say no.

I would date Bailey in a heartbeat, she is my type, as The Man (Becky Lynch), the one that I would take #1. She is just a smaller version of Bailey.

AerchAngel
05-17-2019, 10:53 AM
Well they are way too young for me, but my taste is Bailey and Becky Lynch type of people, not Bliss, Banks. Naomi would be nice but I think she would kill me. The two Japanese wrestlers who are really good, I would like as well.

There is so many athletic woman in the WWE now. Some big, some small, some in the middle, we got it all.

Oh and Natty, Hell yeah, she is one person I could get with.

You get the picture, I like thick strong woman and not bean poles. Jax, hmmm, she is beautiful but if I make her mad, it would be an interesting fight. I would disappoint her if you know what I mean. But she is beautiful.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-18-2019, 01:49 PM
I think they want kids but my god she is so beautiful and that body and it is not like a swimsuit but a woman that could be a mom. I think she will be leaving and one of the ones in the back would take over.

Where in the hell they get all these beautiful woman? Now wrestlers, well they are wrestlers, Bliss is fine as hell but her attitude, well lets just say, I would say no.

I would date Bailey in a heartbeat, she is my type, as The Man (Becky Lynch), the one that I would take #1. She is just a smaller version of Bailey.

When Bliss first started in NXT she was a face and the crowd loved her and all of the sudden one day they just turned her heel and paired her with this unbelievably bad tag team and she just stayed heel. It would be unbelievable now to anyone who didn't see her as a face but man she was a really good one. She did this as her entrance and it got me all excited! :banana:

http://pa1.narvii.com/5763/ab45faabfbcd6b6f170a1d6d66976506f9fb8855_hq.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/3a636727376f7762036e1769580f832b/tumblr_n5bosqrNYR1r1eqygo8_250.gif

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/40400000/-Angelic-Alexa-alexa-bliss-wwe-40475252-245-138.gif

The crowd really loved her!

AerchAngel
05-18-2019, 02:37 PM
I would break her in half in bed, too small. My daughter who is 10 is probably 3 inches taller.

I am into Bailey and Lynch. Becky Lynch is my dream but I am too old, but living in England her accent just turns me on. I spent a long time there.

I saw matches in Norwich, which Paige is from, which is probably 45 minutes away so I visited it a lot. Nice and a big city, maybe 200k and a lot of dance clubs which I went to.

I clubbed a lot when I was in England, including London. That is what you do when you are young. I LOVED IT!!!

AerchAngel
05-18-2019, 02:48 PM
Their food is interesting as well.

The Fish and Chips is AWESOME, but smoked eel, lamb chops in mint sauce. They have so many great restaurants.

Krgrecw
05-25-2019, 09:11 PM
The Dustin/Cody match was awesome. 5 star match.

I’m watching on ripple.is

cajunrevenge
05-25-2019, 09:19 PM
When Bliss first started in NXT she was a face and the crowd loved her and all of the sudden one day they just turned her heel and paired her with this unbelievably bad tag team and she just stayed heel. It would be unbelievable now to anyone who didn't see her as a face but man she was a really good one. She did this as her entrance and it got me all excited! :banana:

http://pa1.narvii.com/5763/ab45faabfbcd6b6f170a1d6d66976506f9fb8855_hq.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/3a636727376f7762036e1769580f832b/tumblr_n5bosqrNYR1r1eqygo8_250.gif

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/40400000/-Angelic-Alexa-alexa-bliss-wwe-40475252-245-138.gif

The crowd really loved her!

I watched NXT around that time. Completely ruined the rest of the WWE for me. Watching NXT was like eating steak then going back to Raw was like going back to eating dog ****. I dont even like womens wrestling but the Takeover matches they were having were off the charts. Kind of lost interest once everyone got demoted to Raw or Smackdown.

Main thing I remember about Alexa is I loved how her theme started.

https://youtu.be/UySHzliroPk

Krgrecw
05-25-2019, 09:50 PM
Wwe is done. They can’t compete with this Lucha bros are awesome

The Chosen One
05-25-2019, 10:29 PM
Wwe is done. They can’t compete with this Lucha bros are awesome

PPV that good?

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-25-2019, 11:03 PM

Krgrecw
05-25-2019, 11:19 PM
PPV that good?

I think so. Last three matches were good. Wwe has gotten stale.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-27-2019, 12:34 AM

:FrediConfident:

AerchAngel
05-27-2019, 06:00 PM
I think so. Last three matches were good. Wwe has gotten stale.

Brock Lesnar

he is the problem.

cajunrevenge
05-27-2019, 06:24 PM
Vince McMahon is the problem. He hates wrestling. He wants to do everything but wrestling. He thinks of Raw as a variety show but it's just different varieties of ****. I absolutely love most of the wrestlers on the roster but watching Raw makes me want to drink bleach.

The Chosen One
05-27-2019, 07:51 PM
Vince McMahon is the problem. He hates wrestling. He wants to do everything but wrestling. He thinks of Raw as a variety show but it's just different varieties of ****. I absolutely love most of the wrestlers on the roster but watching Raw makes me want to drink bleach.

Vince said recently in the last 2-3 years that WWE is so engrained in American pop culture that there's no way any competition could take it out. He's basically saying ROH, NJPW, Impact and such were just a small small minority that wouldn't move the needle.

Now that the Khan's are in the game, they have double the net worth of Vince, and someone like Cody who was raised under Dusty that has the business running in his veins and wants to do it right.

I'm not saying AEW is going to overtake WWE, but the fact casual wrestling fans now have a real alternative that's the moneymaker. Casual fans who buy merchandise not the diehards who follow the indy feds.

AEW has as big of a bank plus we're in the viral social media era. They already had AEW DoN ads airing on NBA eastern conference finals which was huge.

Factor in USA and FOX are now getting their hands dirty and directing Vince to do things like the wild card and 24/7 belt to boost ratings and Stamford must be shaking in their boots.

Apparently AEW's next BIG PPV is in August in Illinois.

If they get CM Punk in the game right before they hit the air on TNT it's going to be beautiful.

Even better because now main eventers like Ambrose/Moxley who are being wasted in WWE have a real alternative and can fetch bigger money. Also now that WWE is competing with someone who can outspend them on Free Agents, there's no way WWE can force new talents to sign 90-day no compete clauses. So we soon are gonna have wrestlers jump ship and less than 24 hours potentially appear on AEW TV the next night.

AerchAngel
05-27-2019, 08:13 PM
Good post.

AerchAngel
05-27-2019, 08:14 PM
The NXT players can go to the new league and Vince won't pay them.

AerchAngel
05-27-2019, 08:16 PM
Becky Lynch is insanely hot.

AerchAngel
05-27-2019, 08:43 PM
My boy from my home town, he is awesome. Never seen this type of wrestling before.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-28-2019, 05:06 PM
Via Ringside News, Meltzer believes Vince and the rest of The McMahon family are 'ungodly furious at all those people who were tweeting'.

Meltzer said: “The only thing I can say is that everyone in the McMahon family has to be ungodly furious at all those people who were tweeting because it wasn’t just like Sasha Banks because when she did it it was like, ‘Okay I get this.’

"You know or Karl Anderson… Peyton Royce has got to… you know. I wasn’t so overt with Peyton Royce, but it can’t be looked upon well… Matt Hardy um… to a degree [he can get away with it] but, they can’t be happy with their own talent tweeting about the rival show and putting it over.”

https://www.givemesport.com/1478409-report-vince-mcmahon-ungodly-furious-with-wwe-superstars-for-tweeting-about-aew?autoplay=on&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Organic-Social&utm_campaign=Tribute-Pages-laika-III-1sted

http://i.imgur.com/g0H848M.gif

The Chosen One
05-28-2019, 05:14 PM
https://www.givemesport.com/1478409-report-vince-mcmahon-ungodly-furious-with-wwe-superstars-for-tweeting-about-aew?autoplay=on&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Organic-Social&utm_campaign=Tribute-Pages-laika-III-1sted

http://i.imgur.com/g0H848M.gif

New era. New ballgame.

This ain't 1999 anymore.

Even pro athletes of other teams tweet out to other players and teams as well. If Vince tries to start suppressing talents' twitter and social media it's not going to end very well for them.

AerchAngel
06-04-2019, 08:39 AM
My boy from my home town, he is awesome. Never seen this type of wrestling before.

The match last night was the best.

He can bring it, he is a better version of Rey Mysterio.

Krgrecw
06-07-2019, 10:21 PM
Goldberg vs undertaker was horrible. You can see in his eyes, how pissed the undertaker was after the match

Acuña’s Bat Flip
06-19-2019, 09:46 PM
AEW Officials and/or talent are still riding the highs of a honeymoon phase with no ending in sight.

This past Friday, AEW All Out inside the Sears Centre in Chicago, home of the historic All In pay-per-view that started it all, sold out in a mere 15 minutes. Not only did the venue sell out immediately, the big story coming out of first-day sales is the amount of times in which it could have sold out.

Despite having a capacity of just over 10,000, upwards of 137,600 tickets were requested by tens of thousands waiting in virtual lines, hoping to get tickets for All Elite Wrestling's second showcase.

The monster demand was yet another indictment on WWE's lapsed fanbase, many of whom are desperately seeking an alternative. According to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, demand for AEW All Out exceeded that of WrestleMania 35 this past year in MetLife Stadium of WWE's home base of New York.

"[WWE] had WrestleMania in MetLife Stadium, and they sold it out quick, but it wasn't this level of demand," said Meltzer.

While reviewing pay-per-view customer data, Meltzer noted that just over a quarter of fans who purchased AEW Double or Nothing showed strong crossover with casual MMA fans who watched the last two Jon Jones fights in addition to casual wrestling fans who watched WrestleMania. Still, the remaining three-quarters who consumed AEW pay-per-views showed no such crossover, which speaks highly of AEW's success in creating an organic, grassroots following.

Despite overachieving beyond anybody's wildest imagination, now selling out three consecutive arena shows, AEW seems to only be scratching the surface of its potential as a WWE competitor. If Yhprum's Law continues to apply to AEW into the fall, its weekly national television show on TNT will only help feed a fanbase that is quickly growing at supporting this promotion at levels that are largely unheard of.

With millions of dollars left on the table following the sellout of a 10,000-seat building, considerations now have to be made for what would be a historic stadium show for the billionaire-backed promotion just five months after the promotion was officially announced on New Year's Day.

AEW All Out will feature former WWE Superstar Jon Moxley battling Kenny Omega and will be headlined by the first-ever AEW World Championship between Hangman Adam Page and Chris Jericho.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2019/06/17/aew-all-out-garnered-more-demand-than-wwe-wrestlemania-35/

AerchAngel
07-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Last night Raw was awesome.

Krgrecw
07-02-2019, 08:46 PM
Last night Raw was awesome.

It will be until Vince takes back the reigns from Heyman.

cajunrevenge
07-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Heyman reportedly turned down the same deal previously so hopefully he got some kind of guarantee this wont be another WWECW situation where he was set up to fail then gets sent home for not turning Vince's **** into gold. What I wish they would do is split the Brands by gender. Raw for Men and Smackdown for Women. I think the womens division would be good if it wasnt split and was the focus of a show.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
07-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Cedric Alexander should keep Gary “The GOAT” Garbutt as his alter ego. He played off the normal person so well all the way down to standing in the corner looking like a man in a mask with only one good arm about to wet his pants before he really put on a show.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
07-12-2019, 06:16 AM
LAX is going to be a good pickup for either AEW or WWE.

cajunrevenge
07-12-2019, 07:02 AM
Cedric Alexander should keep Gary “The GOAT” Garbutt as his alter ego. He played off the normal person so well all the way down to standing in the corner looking like a man in a mask with only one good arm about to wet his pants before he really put on a show.

Completely ruined by having him lose. Wtf cares who he is after he lost.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
07-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Well Extreme Rules sucked a fat one. I guess WWE will never learn that no one cares about dumbass steroid taking Brock Lesnar if they haven’t by now! 🙄

Krgrecw
07-15-2019, 07:41 PM
Well Extreme Rules sucked a fat one. I guess WWE will never learn that no one cares about dumbass steroid taking Brock Lesnar if they haven’t by now! 🙄

He’s the only superstar they have. Plus, fox wanted him

cajunrevenge
07-22-2019, 06:36 AM
https://youtu.be/ljaiZ04EvvY

This is a good summary of why I wont watch WWE and am excited for AEW. If wins and losses barely matter then why should I watch?

The Chosen One
10-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Great first show for AEW.

They beat NXT h2h in the ratings. And killed WWE in the 18-49 demo. So great hearing Tony Schiavone in the mic again.

Krgrecw
10-05-2019, 07:26 AM
Great first show for AEW.

They beat NXT h2h in the ratings. And killed WWE in the 18-49 demo. So great hearing Tony Schiavone in the mic again.

I actually thought NXT put on a better show. I couldn’t get behind the AEW match where the 80 pound Japanese woman beat the 200 pound plus black woman. I know wrestling’s fake and we need to suspend belief but that was a joke. Mind you I can’t stand woman’s wrestling anyway. I marked out for Jake Hager. I’ve always liked him.

Sounds like Edge is getting back in the ring. Cm punk may not be far behind

The Chosen One
10-05-2019, 07:29 PM
I actually thought NXT put on a better show. I couldn’t get behind the AEW match where the 80 pound Japanese woman beat the 200 pound plus black woman. I know wrestling’s fake and we need to suspend belief but that was a joke. Mind you I can’t stand woman’s wrestling anyway. I marked out for Jake Hager. I’ve always liked him.

Sounds like Edge is getting back in the ring. Cm punk may not be far behind

I have given up on WWE.

The fact they are scared of AEW says a lot. It doesn't matter of Trips takes pver for Vince. They have stagnated.

I'm all in on AEW.

Krgrecw
10-08-2019, 11:57 PM
For those of us who grew up with the Nwa in the mid 80’s on tbs, check out the first episode of NWA power on YouTube. Good stuff. Interview desk right beside the ring, with the fans an arm length away just like the mid 80s. Jim Cornette on play by play

goldfly
11-06-2019, 03:08 AM
never seen this thread and not into wrestling but ended up on the Chris Jericho Cruise last year lol

friend won some passes for it and gave me one.

have some pics i think somewhere if y'all are interested. met a bunch of wrestlers and had a blast. still not into wrestling though :lol

The Chosen One
12-06-2019, 08:29 AM
I have been pleasantly surprised with AEW.

I've seen every Wednesday Dynamite live with the exception of last week's. I enjoy what they're trying to do. They've done a good job of balancing the top guys and pushing their new stars for the long term.

I haven't watched a full WWE show of any kind in years, minus Mania. Vince has gotten too arrogant for his own good.

cajunrevenge
12-06-2019, 09:14 AM
I am loving AEW. Always loved Jericho so I am really enjoying his run with the title. Hope he holds it for a long time.

The Chosen One
12-06-2019, 09:25 AM
I am loving AEW. Always loved Jericho so I am really enjoying his run with the title. Hope he holds it for a long time.Yep. Jericho can elevate new stars without losing the belt. The promo he did in the ring with MJF was great and really elevated MJF's starpower.Jericho is a god on the mic. He even made Jurassic Express look interesting.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
12-11-2019, 08:42 PM
He’s the only superstar they have. Plus, fox wanted him

He wound up on Raw. At least when he stops pounding Sable long enough to actually show up.

weso1
12-11-2019, 11:31 PM
Pro wrestling Mt Rushmore was a thing on twitter not too long ago. For me the first 3 are easy, but the fourth is a challenge:

Rick Flair
Hulk Hogan
Steve Austin

Lots of names to consider at number four. Bret Hart, Undertaker, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, etc.

The Chosen One
12-12-2019, 03:00 AM
Pro wrestling Mt Rushmore was a thing on twitter not too long ago. For me the first 3 are easy, but the fourth is a challenge:Rick FlairHulk HoganSteve AustinLots of names to consider at number four. Bret Hart, Undertaker, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, etc.They have to be unique for me.Flair and Hogan are one and the same. They wrestle the same match all the time basically, and their charisma is up there in the top 5 of all time. Some people felt you had to be inclusive of other eras which would mean someone like Sammartino or any of the Japanese legends.However, I can view Hogan for being the biggest face to ever turn into the biggest heel as that changed the landscape of wrestling. I know WWE revisionists point to Austin-McMahon as one of the biggest events in wrestling, but in the last 25 years no question Hogan turning his back on WCW and forming the nWo is the biggest event in wrestling that changed everything.I'd have a good argument of putting The Rock in over Austin. Austin never had a crossover era match. The Rock had two (well technically three lol). Rock v. Hogan at Mania 18, then he beat Cena then put over Cena (lol twice in a lifetime). Flair - Hogan - Rock -And 4th candidates:Andre - Larger than life figure.Sammartino - Represents the old old era of wrestling.Bret Hart - Basically the godfather of pure technical wrestling.Jericho - Resume is as good as you're gonna get + longevity.Whoever it is, for the love of god do not put Vince. The man's ego would want only himself to be on it.

Garmel
12-18-2019, 10:11 PM
Join now!
https://www.joindarkorder.com/

The Chosen One
12-18-2019, 10:24 PM
Join now!
https://www.joindarkorder.com/

Have a feeling the Dark Order will absorb the Butcher and Blade and Nightmare Collective stables just like the Ministry of Darkness absorbed The Brood and nWo kept absorbing people.

Garmel
12-18-2019, 10:54 PM
Have a feeling the Dark Order will absorb the Butcher and Blade and Nightmare Collective stables just like the Ministry of Darkness absorbed The Brood and nWo kept absorbing people.

I think they'll stick with the Creepers but I could see your angle happen. Have the top faces join forces with the Inner Circle to stave off the attacks from the growing Dark Order. It would be like when Luger and Sting joined forces with the Four Horsemen to stop the NWO.

The Chosen One
12-18-2019, 11:00 PM
I think they'll stick with the Creepers but I could see your angle happen. Have the top faces join forces with the Inner Circle to stave off the attacks from the growing Dark Order. It would be like when Luger and Sting joined forces with the Four Horsemen to stop the NWO.

The Nightmare Collective is a perfect cult stable that is basically the female version of the Dark Order. Butcher and Blade have pretty dark gimmicks as well, and I could see them as the Enforcers of the Dark Order, like paid hitmen heel version of the APA. Well remember the Acolytes were a tag team before the Undertaker took them into the Ministry.

I'm really surprised at how non together the Elite are during Dynamite. They don't show them as often together as the Inner Circle. I also think Hangman Page left the Elite and is now Solo.

Garmel
12-19-2019, 12:58 AM
The Nightmare Collective is a perfect cult stable that is basically the female version of the Dark Order. Butcher and Blade have pretty dark gimmicks as well, and I could see them as the Enforcers of the Dark Order, like paid hitmen heel version of the APA. Well remember the Acolytes were a tag team before the Undertaker took them into the Ministry.

I'm really surprised at how non together the Elite are during Dynamite. They don't show them as often together as the Inner Circle. I also think Hangman Page left the Elite and is now Solo.

Yeah, it's hard to tell that the Elite are even a faction. Sounds like you're enjoying AEW. I am as well. It's the best WWE alternative for me since Impact has gone to crap and I never got into ROH.

Krgrecw
12-19-2019, 01:17 AM
Yeah, it's hard to tell that the Elite are even a faction. Sounds like you're enjoying AEW. I am as well. It's the best WWE alternative for me since Impact has gone to crap and I never got into ROH.

I thought IMpact actually got better after they got new owners and moved to AXSTV?

Give NWA Powerr a chance. It’s on YouTube every Tuesday. It’s been on for a few month So it wouldn’t be hard to catch up. Looks just like the old nwa/wcw stage set up from the 80’s. Some familiar faces. Jim Cornette got fired though a few weeks ago.

Krgrecw
12-19-2019, 01:19 AM
https://youtu.be/aegl1dWAT_8

The Chosen One
12-19-2019, 03:58 AM
I thought IMpact actually got better after they got new owners and moved to AXSTV?

Give NWA Powerr a chance. It’s on YouTube every Tuesday. It’s been on for a few month So it wouldn’t be hard to catch up. Looks just like the old nwa/wcw stage set up from the 80’s. Some familiar faces. Jim Cornette got fired though a few weeks ago.

NWA does like 4 tapings in 2 days every month.

The Chosen One
12-19-2019, 04:00 AM

AEW is the first major alternative on a major network since iMPACT was on SpikeTV.

TNT is a big deal obviously compared to SpikeTV and the other channels that you can barely find iMPACT or ROH on. It's very convenient. There are a few things I wish AEW would work on but they're still in my good graces period because they're not WWE.

Krgrecw
12-19-2019, 05:57 PM
You guys jinxed AEW’s success. Nxt won the 18-49 demo for the first time.

4maddux_cy's
12-27-2019, 04:51 PM
I feel like we are extremely lucky in that there are so many excellent options for wrestling right now. Impact has been better since the move to Axs. MLW is very good. Love AEW and NXT. WWE has upped their game. NWA Powerrr is a fun change of pace. I don’t know if I like them adding another single’s title already with just an hour show per week.

I loved RoH in the past but I hate their new tv format. If you don’t have the Fite TV app you are missing out as it’s an easy place to see the weekly ROH and MLW shows plus more solid wrestling.

Btw, I created a discord chat this afternoon if anyone wants to join a chat app to discuss wrestling. https://discord.gg/ByNXgk8

The Chosen One
12-27-2019, 04:57 PM
Finally got around to watching Wrestle Kingdom 14.

I love Japan's hard nosed style of matchcalling. Looks much more realistic in the ring. And they are definitely throwing harder punches than normal.

4maddux_cy's
12-27-2019, 09:21 PM

I love Japan's hard nosed style of matchcalling. Looks much more realistic in the ring. And they are definitely throwing harder punches than normal.

Hate that Anthem is axing them from the AXS lineup as NJPW really is a fun company to follow.

Btw, any of you listen to Busted Open on Sirius? I’ve been an avid listener for 7-8 years now. Not as big of a fan of Bully Ray as I was Doug Mortman(sp?) or Larry Dallas but I still enjoy it.

The Chosen One
12-27-2019, 09:41 PM
Hate that Anthem is axing them from the AXS lineup as NJPW really is a fun company to follow.

Btw, any of you listen to Busted Open on Sirius? I’ve been an avid listener for 7-8 years now. Not as big of a fan of Bully Ray as I was Doug Mortman(sp?) or Larry Dallas but I still enjoy it.

I've only started to listen to the Schiavone podcast here and there. More interested in wrestling history than what goes on nowadays.

Waiting for someone to upload the undertaker-stone cold interview on dailymotion or vimeo or youtube because i don't have WWE network lol.

Krgrecw
12-27-2019, 11:35 PM
I've only started to listen to the Schiavone podcast here and there. More interested in wrestling history than what goes on nowadays.

Waiting for someone to upload the undertaker-stone cold interview on dailymotion or vimeo or youtube because i don't have WWE network lol.

Schiavone has a good podcast. I started listening to Bruce Prichard’s podcast from the start but his pro WWE stance and the fact he never criticized HHH made me hate the podcast because it was evident he’s wasn’t telling the whole story. Konrad and Schiavones podcast has some hilarious moments. Never knew Schiavone was so perverted.

The Chosen One
12-27-2019, 11:57 PM
Schiavone has a good podcast. I started listening to Bruce Prichard’s podcast from the start but his pro WWE stance and the fact he never criticized HHH made me hate the podcast because it was evident he’s wasn’t telling the whole story. Konrad and Schiavones podcast has some hilarious moments. Never knew Schiavone was so perverted.

I've only listened to a few of them but man has that become a recurring thing I never thought I'd be laughing at. I met Schiavone at Cooperstown, he was there as a reporter for when Maddux, Glav, Bobby got inducted. Shook his hand talked to him about WCW for like 2-3 minutes.

Krgrecw
12-28-2019, 01:07 AM
I've only listened to a few of them but man has that become a recurring thing I never thought I'd be laughing at. I met Schiavone at Cooperstown, he was there as a reporter for when Maddux, Glav, Bobby got inducted. Shook his hand talked to him about WCW for like 2-3 minutes.

There was an episode where Casio Kid was the third wheel for the entire podcast and I was laughing hard for the whole podcast. Wish I could remember.

cajunrevenge
12-29-2019, 06:17 AM

This. I have watched several Wrestle Kingdom events. They do it right. I dont drink enough bleach to watch regular wwe

The Chosen One
12-29-2019, 07:12 AM
This. I have watched several Wrestle Kingdom events. They do it right. I dont drink enough bleach to watch regular wwe

it reminds me a lot of some peak WCW midcard matches.

the way guys like Malenko and Regal used to work matches. It was very realistic looking. But Japanese style looks much crazier because of all the punches, knees, and kicks. Every time I watch Kenny Omega run full speed and knee someone into the face it looks so good. And like that’s a normal move in Japanese wrestling. But in general I just like how the storytelling is in matches to where it doesn’t look completely choreographed.

i think one of my worries about aew is they need to tone down the cirque de soleil ****. I don’t see that stuff in wrestle kingdom as much. Every Botchamania has AAA Mexico cirque de soleil **** gone terribly wrong. There just comes a time where doing 3 extra flips isn’t optimal in a match and looks completely choreographed. I don’t ever recall wcw’s cruiserweight division ever looking that choreographed and like 90% of those guys were luchadors.

Garmel
01-16-2020, 02:01 PM
Looks like Buddy Murphy will get the push he deserves. The WWE is getting back to having factions it seems.

Garmel
01-17-2020, 01:15 AM
AEW is beating NXT in ratings this year by a good amount.
https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1164837-aew-dynamite-draws-over-200000-more-viewers-than-nxt

The Chosen One
01-17-2020, 02:01 PM
Looks like Buddy Murphy will get the push he deserves. The WWE is getting back to having factions it seems.

Because AEW is bringing back the nostalgia of factions.

The Chosen One
01-17-2020, 02:02 PM
AEW is beating NXT in ratings this year by a good amount.
https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1164837-aew-dynamite-draws-over-200000-more-viewers-than-nxt

Yep.

And TNT extended their deal with AEW for 4 years and AEW is getting a second show on the network.

The Chosen One
02-12-2020, 09:37 PM
This might be AEW's best episode yet.

Garmel
02-17-2020, 01:51 PM
Dr Britt Baker still can't act.

The Chosen One
02-17-2020, 01:54 PM
Dr Britt Baker still can't act.

She is getting so much heat that she's arguably as hot as Orange Cassidy or MJF are right now.

Garmel
02-17-2020, 08:38 PM
She is getting so much heat that she's arguably as hot as Orange Cassidy or MJF are right now.

Yeah she is but her acting is terrible and unconvincing. *shrugs* Maybe it's just me. As a whole the female division in AEW needs to get better.

Garmel
02-17-2020, 08:41 PM
Aleister Black getting a good push by beating Rowan. WWE is doing a lot of things right lately.

Krgrecw
02-17-2020, 08:48 PM

Can orange Cassidy actually wrestle? He looks frail and every time I’ve seen him his hands stay in his pockets the whole time.

The Chosen One
02-17-2020, 08:50 PM
Can orange Cassidy actually wrestle? He looks frail and every time I’ve seen him his hands stay in his pockets the whole time.

Yep. Look on YouTube. He can actually wrestle nicely.

AerchAngel
02-22-2020, 10:48 AM
Can either of the Kabuki warriors speak English. I hate it when they open their mouths.

Ricohet is from my home town (Lived in a suburb of Paducah KY). Don't know his family, I asked around since my aunt is on the church counsel. Do you think he is going get killed by Lesnar?

They wrestle in my small town as they rent out a 750 capacity gym and I heard they do pretty good.

Krgrecw
02-22-2020, 01:51 PM
Yes Lesnar is going to kill him although Lesnar can have decent matches with small guys. I’m sure he’ll let Ricochet get some moves in and have some almost three counts. I doubt it’ll be a squash

Garmel
02-22-2020, 04:30 PM
How long before AEW gets a video game?

The Chosen One
02-22-2020, 07:35 PM
How long before AEW gets a video game?

They just announced their action figure line.

I would imagine it's sooner than later. Even TNA had a video game.

The Chosen One
02-27-2020, 12:59 AM
Ordering Revolution just because of Orange Cassidy's first singles match.

Garmel
02-27-2020, 12:53 PM
The Butcher and Blade losing to Best Friends? What kind of **** is that?

The Chosen One
02-27-2020, 05:05 PM
The Butcher and Blade losing to Best Friends? What kind of **** is that?

Best Friends needed a win. B&B have a few wins under their belt.

None of this can be as bad as Fiend losing to 55 year old Goldberg who can barely even lift Wyatt up.

Garmel
02-27-2020, 05:24 PM
None of this can be as bad as Fiend losing to 55 year old Goldberg who can barely even lift Wyatt up.

True that. I like where the WWE has gone lately but this was an awful decision. Turns the belt into a joke. I don't mind guys around my age sill wrestling but they shouldn't be champions.

The Chosen One
02-27-2020, 05:43 PM
True that. I like where the WWE has gone lately but this was an awful decision. Turns the belt into a joke. I don't mind guys around my age sill wrestling but they shouldn't be champions.

I don't mind them being champs... but there was little to no payoff with goldberg coming in once a year and winning.

AEW is doing it right by having people work their way up.

Krgrecw
02-27-2020, 08:13 PM
Since Vince is handing the wwe ppv business over to espn, I’m sure ESPN wanted a big name as champ so they can market it.

The Chosen One
02-27-2020, 08:45 PM
Since Vince is handing the wwe ppv business over to espn, I’m sure ESPN wanted a big name as champ so they can market it.

They haven't signed anything yet... and that wouldn't even start that soon.

Goldberg gives the belt up to Reigns regardless in less than a month and a week.

Krgrecw
02-27-2020, 11:25 PM
They haven't signed anything yet... and that wouldn't even start that soon.

Goldberg gives the belt up to Reigns regardless in less than a month and a week.

Dirt Sheets say it should happen before then

The Chosen One
02-27-2020, 11:49 PM
Dirt Sheets say it should happen before then

Sorry to tell you... but if you need a wrestler who peaked 20 years ago to sell your BIGGEST PPV and most notable brand in wrestling history (wrestlemania) then you're in trouble.

The Chosen One
02-27-2020, 11:54 PM

Said it before and say it again, I was a WCW loyalist in the 90s.

I'll never forgive Vince for peeing and ****ting all over WCW's history and lineage.

The crowds in WWE arenas are dead. AEW has the enthusiam of an ECW crowd and the loyalty of WCW fans. Lots of WCW fans like myself have been waiting for an alternative to WWE like this since WCW went down.

TNA tried but they recycled the worst parts of WCW by letting Hogan and Bischoff run things. AEW is taking the best parts of WCW and ECW and letting it grow.

Think about it, in in less than 6 months they have already established almost their entire roster. Their tag team division is stacked. The upper and mid cards are growing with young guys taking the next step.

MJF is such a great heel, WWE has nobody who can touch MJF's natural heel abilities.

NXT is the anti-wwe but AEW is beating them in demos right now.

Garmel
02-28-2020, 12:40 AM
Said it before and say it again, I was a WCW loyalist in the 90s.

I'll never forgive Vince for peeing and ****ting all over WCW's history and lineage.

The crowds in WWE arenas are dead. AEW has the enthusiam of an ECW crowd and the loyalty of WCW fans. Lots of WCW fans like myself have been waiting for an alternative to WWE like this since WCW went down.

TNA tried but they recycled the worst parts of WCW by letting Hogan and Bischoff run things. AEW is taking the best parts of WCW and ECW and letting it grow.

Think about it, in in less than 6 months they have already established almost their entire roster. Their tag team division is stacked. The upper and mid cards are growing with young guys taking the next step.

MJF is such a great heel, WWE has nobody who can touch MJF's natural heel abilities.

NXT is the anti-wwe but AEW is beating them in demos right now.

MJF is great. I agree that the WWE doesn't have a heel of that caliber although Orton is getting close after what he did to Edge. I love the tag team division as well but the women's division needs work. Match quality is excellent in AEW. When's the last time the WWE had a match that was the quality of yesterday's PAC vs Omega Ironman match? Revolution is going to be great.

The Chosen One
02-28-2020, 12:53 AM
MJF is great. I agree that the WWE doesn't have a heel of that caliber although Orton is getting close after what he did to Edge. I love the tag team division as well but the women's division needs work. Match quality is excellent in AEW. When's the last time the WWE had a match that was the quality of yesterday's PAC vs Omega Ironman match? Revolution is going to be great.

Eh.

Women's division isn't great but remember they only get 2 hours on Dynamite right now. When they get a real second show that isnt Dark they'll flesh out the mid card dynamite ring division and the women's.

No way they'd put two women's matches on dynamite right now. Need more time to flesh out the top draws.

The Chosen One
02-28-2020, 12:55 AM

Orton is moving to the Lesnar/HHH/Goldberg/Taker reduced schedule.

AEW tried to sign him but he used them as leverage to get more money from Vince.

What does that say that an established 18 year veteran in Orton is the top heel.... and MJF has only been in the industry for 4 years and is right up there with Jericho for getting heel heat.

AEW is also doing very good at establishing and protecting big men.

Who would have thought Jake Hager would be relevant lol.

Anyways they have:
Hager
Wardlow
Cobb
Luchasaurus
Butcher

They're doing great at letting big dudes get their moments to look strong. And they have more big men coming in as well.

Garmel
02-28-2020, 01:31 PM
Orton is moving to the Lesnar/HHH/Goldberg/Taker reduced schedule.

AEW tried to sign him but he used them as leverage to get more money from Vince.

What does that say that an established 18 year veteran in Orton is the top heel.... and MJF has only been in the industry for 4 years and is right up there with Jericho for getting heel heat.

AEW is also doing very good at establishing and protecting big men.

Who would have thought Jake Hager would be relevant lol.

Anyways they have:
Hager
Wardlow
Cobb
Luchasaurus
Butcher

They're doing great at letting big dudes get their moments to look strong. And they have more big men coming in as well.

Who's coming to AEW in the future?

The Chosen One
02-28-2020, 02:36 PM
Who's coming to AEW in the future?

They’re supposedly signing Cage from Impact (Vince would love to have that guy).

matt hardy has been teasing it although I doubt he’s actually gonna come.

Basically Khan has more money than Vince, if he wants to pick off any free agents from WWE in the next few years. Add in the fact TNT extent AEW for 3 years...

Garmel
02-28-2020, 02:42 PM
They’re supposedly signing Cage from Impact (Vince would love to have that guy).

matt hardy has been teasing it although I doubt he’s actually gonna come.

Basically Khan has more money than Vince, if he wants to pick off any free agents from WWE in the next few years. Add in the fact TNT extent AEW for 3 years...

I heard about Cage but Cage said that was just a rumor. He's recovering from surgery right now. I know Lance Archer and Luke Harper are coming. Rumors are that if Hardy jumps to AEW he will be the Exalted One that's leading the Dark Order. He will of course be in his Broken gimmick.

The Chosen One
02-28-2020, 02:49 PM
I heard about Cage but Cage said that was just a rumor. He's recovering from surgery right now. I know Lance Archer and Luke Harper are coming. Rumors are that if Hardy jumps to AEW he will be the Exalted One that's leading the Dark Order. He will of course be in his Broken gimmick.

I think AEW tried to sign Flair sometime last year but Vince gave Ric a nice legends deal.

Would have been nice to see Ric reestablish the Horsemen. I know they can’t use the Horsemen trademark but I think Cody could eventually be a Nature Boy type heel.

Krgrecw
02-29-2020, 01:35 AM
The Revival seem to be on the way to AEW. They turned down 5 years, $3,000,000 a piece.

Garmel
02-29-2020, 11:45 PM
Fantastic PPV. Best match of the night was the tag team championship. Moxley vs. Jericho was great too.

cajunrevenge
03-01-2020, 06:40 AM
Does wwe not know Goldberg vs Reigns is going to be **** on at WM? Vince may as well go to the ring and tell the fans to go **** themselves for 10 minutes and I think he would be boo'd less than this match will be.

Garmel
03-02-2020, 01:42 PM
Colt Cabana has signed with AEW. https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1174319-colt-cabana-reportedly-signs-contract-with-all-elite-wrestling

Acuña’s Bat Flip
03-03-2020, 05:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxmnJCxHvb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwjd4yXtz0

Garmel
03-03-2020, 11:26 PM
Matt Hardy is leaving the WWE. Make it happen, AEW!

Acuña’s Bat Flip
03-05-2020, 06:22 PM
Jake "The Snake" Roberts killed it on Dynamite this week. I'm being 100% serious! This is going to be a good storyline.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
03-06-2020, 10:55 AM
https://youtu.be/fj3nstTudDo

Garmel
03-13-2020, 07:06 PM
Strange watching Smackdown with no crowd.

Krgrecw
03-13-2020, 11:59 PM
Strange watching Smackdown with no crowd.

Raw will be the same. I was thinking. This could be a big moment for Vince if goes ahead with Wrestlemania. With no other sports around, if he has the balls to give Wrestlemania to ESPN or NBC to show for free, he could get a lot of eye balls on his company. If he did that and Wrestlemania is a good show that could turn his company around.

The Chosen One
03-14-2020, 12:56 AM
Raw will be the same. I was thinking. This could be a big moment for Vince if goes ahead with Wrestlemania. With no other sports around, if he has the balls to give Wrestlemania to ESPN or NBC to show for free, he could get a lot of eye balls on his company. If he did that and Wrestlemania is a good show that could turn his company around.

Free exposure ain't gonna save his booking.

AEW is wrestling to me now.

Garmel
03-18-2020, 08:15 PM
Holy ****! I couldn't believe who the Exalted One is. I was sure it was going to be Matt Hardy.

The Chosen One
03-19-2020, 01:15 AM
Holy ****! I couldn't believe who the Exalted One is. I was sure it was going to be Matt Hardy.

Who ended up showing up anyways lol.

A shame AEW wasn't in Rochester.

Brodie Lee is a native and the crowd would have gone nuts for it.

The Chosen One
03-24-2020, 11:42 PM
The Crispin Wah documentary on VICE is amazing. Sad.

The Chosen One
03-25-2020, 07:35 PM
First time hearing Tony Schiavone be the play-by-play guy for wrestling on TNT in 19 years.

He still can go full speed. JR should let Tony call matches and just be the Heenan type of legend analyst. Excalibur isbasically Tenay 2.0 with all his knowledge and such.

Krgrecw
03-25-2020, 09:52 PM
The Crispin Wah documentary on VICE is amazing. Sad.

That was a great episode.

cajunrevenge
03-27-2020, 07:40 AM
Anyone else think there had to be something sexual going on between Chris and Eddie? Not that theres anything wrong with that......

Acuña’s Bat Flip
03-27-2020, 11:43 PM

Garmel
04-05-2020, 09:35 PM
A good Wrestlemania but the Fiend-Cena "match" was complete ass.

Krgrecw
04-05-2020, 10:34 PM
Wrestling is not the same without a live crowd.

cajunrevenge
04-06-2020, 12:48 PM
A good Wrestlemania but the Fiend-Cena "match" was complete ass.

I liked it. Not sure I would call it a match though. It's something that should have aired on Raw and did an actual match at WM.

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-07-2020, 06:28 AM
RAW was such a ****show last night! Hopefully the Governor of Florida shuts WWE down for a bit after WWE runs out of "new" material after SmackDown this Friday night which they taped when they did the Mania tapings just before the Stay-At-Home order took effect.

Krgrecw
04-07-2020, 10:32 PM
The Dark Side of The Rings are amazing

Garmel
04-15-2020, 01:10 PM
WWE just released several people. A lot of good talent here. https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1182111-wwe-cuts-drake-maverick-karl-anderson

Krgrecw
04-15-2020, 04:15 PM
WWE just released several people. A lot of good talent here. https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1182111-wwe-cuts-drake-maverick-karl-anderson

Rusev is the monster that AEW needs

The Chosen One
04-15-2020, 05:01 PM

Holy ****.

AEW should sign both Angle and rusev.

Angle can do wonders as an agent behind the scenes. Rusev absolutely is a monster that could give their other big guys more credibility.

Krgrecw
04-15-2020, 05:54 PM
I don’t watch much AEW but do they even have any big guys?

The Chosen One
04-15-2020, 06:08 PM
I don’t watch much AEW but do they even have any big guys?

Yes. The problem they have is putting them in position to look like true big guys.

Wardlow (MJF's body guard)
Luchasaurus (like 6"8 tall guy, kind of stiff but still does a lot of athletic stuff for his size)
Jake Hager
The Butcher (is basically the same body type of Arn Anderson-Ole Anderson from back in the day, looks like he could be their brother)

They don't have someone with the brute bodybuilder look though like Rusev. They have been rumored to sign Brian Cage from Impact for months but he's sidelined with injury. Cage is definitely the steroid looking body type. Rusev doesn't look as vascular but still that same body type.

This is Cage
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1040365191223947264/KjjnxXBc_400x400.jpg

Someone that would give Vince a boner. You need at least one of these guys to make your other big men look strong as a reference.

Garmel
04-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Holy ****.

AEW should sign both Angle and rusev.

Angle can do wonders as an agent behind the scenes. Rusev absolutely is a monster that could give their other big guys more credibility.

Rowan and the Good Brothers are great talent too. Rowan could reunite with Brodie Lee within the Dark Order.

Garmel
04-15-2020, 07:12 PM

Yep. I wonder if he owns the Rusev trademark or does WWE. Rusev Day being reborn would be awesome.

The Chosen One
04-15-2020, 07:13 PM
Rowan and the Good Brothers are great talent too. Rowan could reunite with Brodie Lee within the Dark Order.

I didn't see Rowan's name until I just popped into reddit.

That would be phenomenal to have them reunited. I was skeptical at first about Brodie's character, but he seems to be playing the cult leader that knows he's a con-man thing which is fresh. You bring in Rowan, and they both are guys who were previously in a "cult family" and you can play to that.

The Revival is already coming to AEW. Rusev would be someone (paired with a mouthpiece like Angle or Arn) that could give instant credibility to the other big guys in the company, and rest of the midcarders. He would be similar to when WWF signed Malenko, Eddie, Benoit, Saturn. All were established names but never got pushed higher than midcard in WCW. Rusev is in a similar boat but he's actually had main event experience.

Garmel
04-15-2020, 07:19 PM
I found out that Rusev is trademarked by the WWE. No more Rusev Day. :(

Krgrecw
04-15-2020, 07:33 PM
I bet Lana is pissed and every dude in the E will be flirting with her big time since Rusev is gone

The Chosen One
04-15-2020, 07:49 PM
I bet Lana is pissed and every dude in the E will be flirting with her big time since Rusev is gone

I read on Reddit, that Rusev gave 25k of his own money to pay WWE staff during this corona thing. Unreal. But not surprising by Vince to screw the guy that allowed his wife to be used as a prop for a storyline.

Lana will leave WWE. She's not a wrestler, she's just an on-screen manager basically. It's not the same as Renee being Moxley's wife and actually having a real role as host/commentator.

The Chosen One
04-15-2020, 07:50 PM
I found out that Rusev is trademarked by the WWE. No more Rusev Day. :(

Yeah, Vince rarely if ever allows homegrown talent to use their own names, because if they leave they can't use that name in a competitor's company.

Notice for people like Samoa Joe and Styles who were already established in another company, he lets them use their names because they were top guys in TNA under those names and fans knew them.

But any guy going up through WWE's roster isn't gonna be able to use his real name, because Vince can't trademark it and milk it.

Krgrecw
04-15-2020, 09:35 PM
I read on Reddit, that Rusev gave 25k of his own money to pay WWE staff during this corona thing. Unreal. But not surprising by Vince to screw the guy that allowed his wife to be used as a prop for a storyline.

Lana will leave WWE. She's not a wrestler, she's just an on-screen manager basically. It's not the same as Renee being Moxley's wife and actually having a real role as host/commentator.

Lana signed a long term contract last fall

cajunrevenge
04-16-2020, 08:22 AM
Rusev is all kinds of talented. Cant believe they failed to make him a big star.

The Chosen One
04-16-2020, 10:32 AM
Lana signed a long term contract last fall

She'll be future endeavored at some point.

The Chosen One
04-16-2020, 10:33 AM
Rusev is all kinds of talented. Cant believe they failed to make him a big star.

Isn't it when he first started they gave him this Russian gimmick then overnight he was the Bulgarian Brute

Krgrecw
04-16-2020, 03:30 PM
Isn't it when he first started they gave him this Russian gimmick then overnight he was the Bulgarian Brute

Vince could have had Rusev go undefeated and be dominant for a year and than at wrestlemania, Angle comes out and defeats Rusev. That would had been a big moment

Acuña’s Bat Flip
05-01-2020, 04:42 PM
The state of Florida will allow AEW and WWE to have fans at 25% capacity beginning next week.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/new-florida-guidelines-allow-wwe-and-aew-to-welcome-fans-at-shows-starting-next-week/

Garmel
05-23-2020, 10:47 PM
Double or Nothing might have been the best PPV I've ever seen.

The Chosen One
12-02-2020, 09:39 PM
AEW is so damn good.

Sting debuted in AEW tonight.

Schiavone is screaming his lungs out like it's 1997. "IT'S STINGGGGGGG".

AEW >>>>>>> WWE

The Chosen One
12-02-2020, 10:09 PM
HOLY ****.

Not only did a rival wrestling fed executive make another appearance on AEW, he participated in the match and had a heel turn.

Then the newly crowned champion fleed the building and they PROMOTED ANOTHER WRESTLING FED ON ANOTHER NETWORK.

cajunrevenge
12-26-2020, 10:47 PM
Brodie Lee has apparently died. No idea what from.

The Chosen One
12-27-2020, 12:18 AM
Brodie Lee has apparently died. No idea what from.

Non rcovid related lung condition. Makes sense why they rushed Cody back and put the Tnt belt back on him.

Krgrecw
12-27-2020, 03:34 PM
Non rcovid related lung condition. Makes sense why they rushed Cody back and put the Tnt belt back on him.

Didn’t tna just run an angle where Brodie’s son won the tna championship? They just had to know how bad it was to do that

The Chosen One
12-27-2020, 05:23 PM
Didn’t tna just run an angle where Brodie’s son won the tna championship? They just had to know how bad it was to do that

What?

Brodie's son is 8 years old.

AEW's 12/17 taping, they let his son come out of the audience and beat Kenny Omega for the belt. It was an 8 year old boy.

Garmel
12-30-2020, 09:09 PM
This AEW tribute show to Brodie is really good.

Krgrecw
01-06-2021, 11:23 PM
You all see Snoops frog splash? He’s lucky he didn’t break his leg

Garmel
01-08-2021, 10:04 AM
You all see Snoops frog splash? He’s lucky he didn’t break his leg

Yeah, that was ugly.

The Chosen One
03-03-2021, 09:08 PM
AEW has been on fire tonight.

Bischoff and Jericho going at it.
Shaq taking a tables bump with Cody.
Tully Blanchard back in the ring and looking good.
Arn, JJ Dillon, and Tully teasing a reformation of the 4 Horsemen.
Paul Wight appearing and teasing a new AEW signing.

Garmel
03-09-2021, 11:24 AM
Really loved Revolution besides the dud ending.

Krgrecw
03-09-2021, 07:01 PM

Christian was a big let down.

The Chosen One
03-09-2021, 07:04 PM

The ring explosion was lol but not gonna lie, I thought Eddie Kingston running out to try and help Moxley was brilliant storytelling.

The Chosen One
03-09-2021, 07:04 PM
Christian was a big let down.

Out of all the choices, Lesnar, Punk, Angle, Christian, yes Christian probably seems like a letdown.

But Christian has always been underutilized by WWE.

I've always liked him more than Edge tbh.

Garmel
03-10-2021, 11:24 AM
Looks like the Impact champ and AEW champ Kenny Omega will meet each other title for title on April 24th. This makes me think more and more that Tony Kahn is going to acquire Impact. Not a sure thing but a definite possibility.

The Chosen One
03-10-2021, 05:23 PM
Looks like the Impact champ and AEW champ Kenny Omega will meet each other title for title on April 24th. This makes me think more and more that Tony Kahn is going to acquire Impact. Not a sure thing but a definite possibility.

I wouldn't be surprised if he already has.

He's already paying a bunch of AEW's roster during the pandemic to just sit in the audience and cheer.

But if he's not, it makes sense that Impact would work with AEW. AEW is the clear #2 company in the US. Impact no longer is #2. They are getting way more exposure and ratings working with AEW during the pandemic.

Garmel
03-10-2021, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he already has.

He's already paying a bunch of AEW's roster during the pandemic to just sit in the audience and cheer.

But if he's not, it makes sense that Impact would work with AEW. AEW is the clear #2 company in the US. Impact no longer is #2. They are getting way more exposure and ratings working with AEW during the pandemic.

Yeah, Impact is having a boost but to me it's pretty much unwatchable. There aren't more than 5-10 guys in that org that's actually good. Saying that I would love to see Moose and the Good Brothers in AEW.

50PoundHead
05-26-2021, 09:35 AM
A&E is running a bunch of biographies of a lot of WWE stars and the one on Roddy Piper is simply awesome. He was my all-time favorite in the ring and always seemed to be someone who had his wits about him outside the ring to a greater extent than a lot of other guys in the stable. Great commentary from his family and a few other wrestlers. The insights from Greg Valentine and Bret Hart were really solid. I've always gotten a bit ticked when people don't appreciate how difficult the wrestling business really is and while outcomes are almost always determined, those guys really punish their bodies.

Krgrecw
05-26-2021, 06:27 PM
A&E is running a bunch of biographies of a lot of WWE stars and the one on Roddy Piper is simply awesome. He was my all-time favorite in the ring and always seemed to be someone who had his wits about him outside the ring to a greater extent than a lot of other guys in the stable. Great commentary from his family and a few other wrestlers. The insights from Greg Valentine and Bret Hart were really solid. I've always gotten a bit ticked when people don't appreciate how difficult the wrestling business really is and while outcomes are almost always determined, those guys really punish their bodies.

You watch the Savage one? I haven’t but EVERY wrestling news source said it was an absolute hit job on savage. They said the savage episode was unlike every other episode.

The Chosen One
05-26-2021, 07:29 PM
I'm going to Double or Nothing this Sunday in Jax.

I'm gonna be sitting on the stage ringside next to the tunnel. I'm excite.

50PoundHead
05-26-2021, 08:46 PM
You watch the Savage one? I haven’t but EVERY wrestling news source said it was an absolute hit job on savage. They said the savage episode was unlike every other episode.

Didn't see the Savage one on A&E. Watched the Vice Dark Side of the Ring on Savage, which I thought was rather kind toward Savage.

Krgrecw
05-26-2021, 09:50 PM
Didn't see the Savage one on A&E. Watched the Vice Dark Side of the Ring on Savage, which I thought was rather kind toward Savage.

Yeah the Vice ones are great. I have A&E on demand so I’ll catch up on the savage and booker t ones this weekend.

Garmel
07-20-2021, 09:19 AM
I watched Raw last night and I'm totally amazed at the stupid booking. You have Karrion Kross, who is a great character, lose in his premier match on Raw to Jeff Hardy, who is in the twilight of his career. Then, you finally bring Keith Lee back and you bury him in a match against Lasley. Who the hell writes this ****?

The Chosen One
07-20-2021, 09:30 AM
I watched Raw last night and I'm totally amazed at the stupid booking. You have Karrion Kross, who is a great character, lose in his premier match on Raw to Jeff Hardy, who is in the twilight of his career. Then, you finally bring Keith Lee back and you bury him in a match against Lasley. Who the hell writes this ****?

AEW is only tning I can watch.

Rumor is Daniel Bryan is probably gonna join them. Can't wait for Omega v. Bryan.

Garmel
07-20-2021, 09:41 AM
AEW is only tning I can watch.

Rumor is Daniel Bryan is probably gonna join them. Can't wait for Omega v. Bryan.

That would be an awesome match. I love that Malaki Black has joined the AEW roster. The guy is a top notch talent that WWE let get away.

The Chosen One
07-20-2021, 09:49 AM
That would be an awesome match. I love that Malaki Black has joined the AEW roster. The guy is a top notch talent that WWE let get away.

WWE has been hoarding top talent for years and letting them waste.

Miro
Andrade
Black

crazy that Black was able to come earlier because of stupid HR’ing in WWE’s department.

Bryan is supposedly the big surprise for the Arthur Ashe Stadium Dynamite which has already outsold RAW at Madison Square Garden. The roof on that place is going to implode if Flight of the Valkyries plays.

Garmel
07-20-2021, 09:53 AM
WWE has been hoarding top talent for years and letting them waste.

Miro
Andrade
Black

crazy that Black was able to come earlier because of stupid HR’ing in WWE’s department.

Bryan is supposedly the big surprise for the Arthur Ashe Stadium Dynamite which has already outsold RAW at Madison Square Garden. The roof on that place is going to implode if Flight of the Valkyries plays.

I wonder how long it will be until Keith Lee is there.

The Chosen One
07-20-2021, 10:07 AM
I wonder how long it will be until Keith Lee is there.

Didn't Keith Lee return to RAW? I dont watch RAW just read the dirtsheets on reddit.

Impact is making a push for Buddy Murphy.

The Chosen One
07-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Also, if anyone has the money to take Lesnar away from WWE it's the Khans. Lesnar apparently wanted to do Japan as well.

Garmel
07-20-2021, 11:37 AM
Didn't Keith Lee return to RAW? I dont watch RAW just read the dirtsheets on reddit.

Impact is making a push for Buddy Murphy.

He returned last night and jobbed to Lashley.

The Chosen One
07-20-2021, 11:46 AM
He returned last night and jobbed to Lashley.

AEW is almost full.

I think they have room for another big ex WWE signing like Bryan or Lesnar.

After that they're gonna be overstacked.

Once Rampage moves to two hours they can build up a stronger woman's division.

The Chosen One
07-21-2021, 09:11 PM
So within the last 24 hours, the hot rumor is CM Punk is making a return to the ring and that AEW is his landing spot.

And tonight there's a report that Daniel Bryan has officially signed with AEW.

Khans are REALLY going for it.

Krgrecw
07-21-2021, 10:12 PM
So within the last 24 hours, the hot rumor is CM Punk is making a return to the ring and that AEW is his landing spot.

And tonight there's a report that Daniel Bryan has officially signed with AEW.

Khans are REALLY going for it.

They’ve got to many wrestlers under contract. It is beginning to look a lot like early Tna with all the ex-wwe guys.

cajunrevenge
07-22-2021, 01:42 AM
Would be refreshing to hear him go by Bryan Danielson again.