PDA

View Full Version : Snitkers and Chuckie

The Chosen One
10-09-2018, 11:57 AM
What are their fates?

Coredor
10-09-2018, 12:31 PM
I feel like Snitker stays. I’m not sure about Hernandez. Late in the season the staff walk numbers were alarming. He’ll probably still be back though.

BeanieAntics
10-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Man I really hope we finally let Hernandez go. He has had enough time to get the walks down to a.... normal.... level and it is still absurdly high. We need to find someone with more expertise on instilling command in young pitchers.

Julio3000
10-09-2018, 03:37 PM
I’ve got to think Chuckie is gone.

Heyward
10-09-2018, 03:53 PM
I would guess Snit is back on a 1 yr deal with team option for year 2.

I think Hernandez is gone, the walks are so alarming, you cannot put guys on at that rate and expect to win. But never know.

Pacheaholic
10-09-2018, 04:39 PM
I think it would be best to move Snit to the front office. He did an okay job but the Braves need to find a better option. Chuckie should just go.

NYCBrave
10-09-2018, 05:39 PM
I would guess Snit is back on a 1 yr deal with team option for year 2.

I think Hernandez is gone, the walks are so alarming, you cannot put guys on at that rate and expect to win. But never know.

I'm curious why people think Snitker will only get a 1 year deal. It seems like he's done enough to earn a multi year deal. Plus, the players seem to love playing for him, and have been vocal about it. Snitker has also shown willingness to work with the front office and adapt to a more modern game. What else you can from a manager? Managing personalities and getting the most out of players in my opinion is the most important role of a manager.

salmagundy
10-09-2018, 06:53 PM
I'm curious why people think Snitker will only get a 1 year deal. It seems like he's done enough to earn a multi year deal. Plus, the players seem to love playing for him, and have been vocal about it. Snitker has also shown willingness to work with the front office and adapt to a more modern game. What else you can from a manager? Managing personalities and getting the most out of players in my opinion is the most important role of a manager.

Even Booby worked on 1 year contracts with out options.

CyYoung31
10-09-2018, 06:58 PM
I was surprised at how well Snit managed strategically in the postseason. He wasn’t perfect, but better than I thought he’d be.

Carp
10-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Chuckie gotta be gone.

The Chosen One
10-10-2018, 05:30 AM
I was surprised at how well Snit managed strategically in the postseason. He wasn’t perfect, but better than I thought he’d be.

I don't think he necessarily wanted to play the bullpen game.

I think he was strongly advised by upstairs that the approach we were going to take against the Dodgers was going to be different than before.

CyYoung31
10-10-2018, 06:01 AM

I think he was strongly advised by upstairs that the approach we were going to take against the Dodgers was going to be different than before.

I understand, but he still did it.

NYCBrave
10-10-2018, 08:16 AM

Which to me is the whole point. Snitker likely is getting data on how to manage each game from upstairs and applying it each game. He seems willing to be ok with his. His strong point is managing personalities and he seems to be doing a great job with that.

Hulavol
10-11-2018, 02:18 PM
I know some of you guys disagree, but I love what Snit did with this team.
Chuckle, however...