PDA

View Full Version : 2019 ZiPs projections at FG

Enscheff
02-28-2019, 12:52 PM
ZiPs has finally been rolled into the FG projections (which are 50/50 Steamer and ZiPs), and the Braves got a decent bump overall.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/instagraphs/2019-zips-are-live/

The NL East is currently projected to shake out as follows:

Nats - 90 wins
Mets - 84 wins
Braves - 84 wins
Phils - 83 wins
Marlins - 62 wins

I think this pretty much fits the consensus that the Mets/Braves/Phils will be slugging it out for a WC spot.

If the Phils get Harper (5 wins) they will jump to ~87 wins. They could also add wins by signing guys like Keuchel and/or Kimbrel.

The Braves need Folty/Gaus/Soroka to be healthy and productive for the bulk of 2019 if they hope to have any shot at contention.

AerchAngel
02-28-2019, 02:00 PM
Are they assuming Harper will resign, if he doesn't, I am not scared of that lineup at all?

nsacpi
02-28-2019, 02:23 PM
ZiPS has Acuna at 4.0 WAR and Soto at 5.1 WAR.

Booooooo

thewupk
02-28-2019, 02:34 PM
Are they assuming Harper will resign, if he doesn't, I am not scared of that lineup at all?

No Harpers numbers stent projected with anybody right now.

UNCBlue012
02-28-2019, 03:03 PM
ZiPS has Acuna at 4.0 WAR and Soto at 5.1 WAR.

Booooooo

That's almost certain to be wrong. lmao

Tapate50
02-28-2019, 03:22 PM
ZiPs has finally been rolled into the FG projections (which are 50/50 Steamer and ZiPs), and the Braves got a decent bump overall.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/instagraphs/2019-zips-are-live/

The NL East is currently projected to shake out as follows:

Nats - 90 wins
Mets - 84 wins
Braves - 84 wins
Phils - 83 wins
Marlins - 62 wins

I think this pretty much fits the consensus that the Mets/Braves/Phils will be slugging it out for a WC spot.

If the Phils get Harper (5 wins) they will jump to ~87 wins. They could also add wins by signing guys like Keuchel and/or Kimbrel.

The Braves need Folty/Gaus/Soroka to be healthy and productive for the bulk of 2019 if they hope to have any shot at contention.

That's fairly bullish on the Mets to me, but its all projection at this point.

I think if we stay fairly health in regards to pitching and Donaldson, we will land a little better than that. Somewhere in the 87 range.

nsacpi
02-28-2019, 03:25 PM
That's fairly bullish on the Mets to me, but its all projection at this point.

I think if we stay fairly health in regards to pitching and Donaldson, we will land a little better than that. Somewhere in the 87 range.

The Mets is about right.

I think we are 2-3 wins better than the ZiPS projections. The gnats 2-3 wins worse.

Starting the season, I see four contenders fairly tightly bunched. Should be a fun season for fans of teams in the division. Excluding the Marlins of course. But they don't have any fans.