PDA

View Full Version : Cops Thread

sturg33
11-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Since the cops in this country are basically turning into a murdering military regime - I figured I'd start a thread just to have one common place to start with stories.

The anal raping that took place the other day can have its own thread. Today, I'll start with this:

Link: Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead (http://gawker.com/dad-calls-cops-on-son-to-teach-him-a-lesson-cops-shoot-1460159897)

jpx7
11-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Link: Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead (http://gawker.com/dad-calls-cops-on-son-to-teach-him-a-lesson-cops-shoot-1460159897)

As I responded to a friend who sent me this story, "And that’s why you don’t teach lessons to your son."

Dalyn
11-07-2013, 05:37 PM
As I responded to a friend who sent me this story, "And that’s why you don’t teach lessons to your son."

He certainly won't be stealing another car.

Dalyn
11-07-2013, 05:57 PM
A ridiculous situation, by the way (jokes aside).

sturg33
11-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Link: Officers Ignore Man As He Dies From Severe Allergic Attack In Jail Cell (http://benswann.com/video-officers-ignore-man-as-he-dies-from-sever-allergic-attack-in-jail-cell/)

yeezus
11-07-2013, 09:22 PM
The cops, at least around me, are mostly idiots and douches.
I have a friend who's a cop, and he's not very bright and an asshole. But it's not hard to become a cop. At all. The job isn't great, but it pays well for the amount of time and effort it takes. Seriously, my friend one day was just like "oh i guess i'll be a cop" and within like 2 years he was. Never put strong effort in to education, has done and still does more drugs than me - cop.

It should be harder to become a cop. And a teacher. Both of those programs have to become more selective. They're too important to be so easy.

goldfly
11-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Man Fined $280 For Throwing Football At Chargers Tailgate

One would think that in the parking lot before an NFL game kicks off, a tailgater could mimic Philip Rivers and throw a football around with some friends. Not at Qualcomm Stadium, though.

Jesse Unger was tossin' around the ol' pigskin at Qualcomm before the Colts-Chargers game last month when officers approached him and told him to stop. San Diego has a municipal law stating that one may not "intentionally throw, discharge, launch or spill any solid object (including footballs, baseballs, frisbees and other such devices) or liquid substance or otherwise cause subject or substance to be thrown, discharged, launched, spilled, or to become airborne." Unger kept throwing the football—because he says he thought the police were joking—and received a $280 ticket for "playing ball." Instead of paying, he took it to court.

Last Tuesday, Unger stood in front of a judge, argued that the rules weren't publicly posted in the parking lot, and pled guilty to suspend the fine. His plea: "I plead guilty to throwing the football, Your Honor." The system works!

bravesnumberone
11-10-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure what it says about me as a person, but I detest state patrol/cop cars parked on the ****ing side of the road on the interstate at night with no lights on or anything and kind of wish a tornado would sweep them away.

Dalyn
11-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Important not to overlook the good ones. Check this out. (http://www.godvine.com/Police-Officer-s-Final-Act-of-Kindness-Caught-on-Tape-Before-Dying-1065.html)

jpx7
11-15-2013, 12:45 PM
But back to the bad ones (http://www.rhdefense.com/2013/11/13/pulling-it-out-of-their-asses-and-sticking-it-in-ours):

According to the National Confederation of Human Rights Organizations, the United States outdoes India when it comes to custodial rapes of women by law enforcement personnel. It can be difficult for the women to prove the rapes, because often the officers’ threats are enough to overcome the women’s refusal to engage in sex acts. In other words, it can sometimes look consensual, even if there is evidence of sex. (This is also the claim of the Sacramento officer already mentioned above, accused of raping the elderly stroke victim.)

[...]

Quantum of proof? It’s nothing. Just words. And with each new court case that guts our Constitution, “quantum of proof” has become shorthand for what is only a series of formulaic excuses the police pull out of their asses, usually only after they get caught shoving things up ours.

I quoted two of the more demonstrative paragraphs, but the entire short article is both worth the read and very well sourced.

Tapate50
11-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Hate there are threads like this, but some bad eggs spoil the bunch. They do what most here won't. Shame they get hammered for their mistakes even worse than others.

jpx7
11-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Hate there are threads like this, but some bad eggs spoil the bunch.

That's a key point the article's author makes: we need to be more societally vigilant, and ensure these bad eggs are actually punished, because they are the minority but their actions (and the very usual lack of any sort of castigation, beyond the most impotent) is spoiling the bunch behind a thick blue line of institutional intransigence or outright protection.

sturg33
11-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Wow

http://benswann.com/shock-nm-police-fire-at-van-with-5-kids-after-traffic-stop-escalates/

sturg33
11-20-2013, 06:02 PM
School Refuses to Give Child to Father, then Arrests Him (http://benswann.com/school-refuses-to-give-child-to-father-then-arrests-him/)

sturg33
11-23-2013, 03:52 PM
Cops shoot man 12 times to his death while he was watering his lawn (http://filmingcops.com/2013/11/22/cops-fatally-shoot-man-12-times-without-warning-for-holding-a-garden-hose/)

The Chosen One
11-23-2013, 04:10 PM
He wasn't actually watering his lawn, but the fact remains it was a terrible incident.

sturg33
11-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Cops Spray Woman’s Vagina With Mace To “Punish” Her After Drug Arrest (http://benswann.com/cops-spray-womans-vagina-with-mace-to-punish-her-after-drug-arrest/)

sturg33
11-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Link: Texas Cop Charged in Rape of Woman He Pulled Over (http://www.newser.com/story/178124/texas-cop-charged-in-rape-of-woman-he-pulled-over.html)

A San Antonio police officer has been charged with the rape of a 19-year-old woman he pulled over at 2am Friday. Officer Jackie Len Neal, 40, told the woman she was driving a stolen vehicle, according to an affidavit. Neal asked the woman to step out for a pat-down; she said she'd prefer a female officer to do it, but he ignored her, the affidavit says, via the San Antonio Express-News. Neal groped the woman, handcuffed her, and took her to the back of his car, where he raped her, per the affidavit.

Police car surveillance gear normally would have caught the attack, but Neal's wasn't working—something he would have known, police chief William McManus says. "I am outraged. This is a punch in the eye to the police department," he notes. Neal has been arrested for alleged felony sexual assault; he's been released on a $20,000 bond and will keep receiving pay ahead of any indictment. He was accused in a similar incident within the past few years, though the alleged victim in that complaint refused to cooperate with police and no action resulted. Neal was recently suspended for three days for dating an 18-year-old member of a department youth program.

goldfly
12-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Badges of dishonor (http://www.macon.com/2013/12/01/2806964/badges-of-dishonor-how-two-macon.html)

Metaphysicist
12-01-2013, 11:17 AM
According to the National Confederation of Human Rights Organizations, the United States outdoes India when it comes to custodial rapes of women by law enforcement personnel. [/URL]:

I quoted two of the more demonstrative paragraphs, but the entire short article is both worth the read and very well sourced.

Mm... not that well sourced. From the article they used to support that claim:

The National Human Rights Commission India has reported 39 cases between the years 2005-2010. In fact, the actual number of cases is much higher than the reported statistics.

In India, rape goes grossly underreported. The US plainly has a very real problem here, but the author of this article is trying to make things appear worse by cherry-picking data from India.

Metaphysicist
12-01-2013, 11:20 AM
That's a key point the article's author makes: we need to be more societally vigilant, and ensure these bad eggs are actually punished, because they are the minority but their actions (and the very usual lack of any sort of castigation, beyond the most impotent) is spoiling the bunch behind a thick blue line of institutional intransigence or outright protection.

Cops do get punished when they misbehave. Not all of them, sure, but many of them. A girl I went to high school joined the local county PD and was speeding with lights/sirens off and killed some ladies in another car. She got bounced off the force and indicted relatively quickly after an internal investigation.

Tapate50
12-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Cops do get punished when they misbehave. Not all of them, sure, but many of them. A girl I went to high school joined the local county PD and was speeding with lights/sirens off and killed some ladies in another car. She got bounced off the force and indicted relatively quickly after an internal investigation.

You do realize this point isn't cool or hip with the kids right?

yeezus
12-01-2013, 03:12 PM
A lot of what police do gets swept under the rug, or at least they attempt to. And they speed and break laws constantly that they give out tickets for. It is too easy to become a cop and the profession draws douches in.

goldfly
12-01-2013, 03:20 PM
they really come down on hard the cops etc who break the law :sarcasm:

3 to 5 years for ****ing over thousands of people (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/23/us/prison-for-state-chemist-who-faked-drug-evidence.html?smid=tw-share&_r=2&)

goldfly
12-01-2013, 03:21 PM
She got bounced off the force and indicted relatively quickly after an internal investigation.

this story is missing an end

Krgrecw
12-01-2013, 03:59 PM
There are ****ty people in all jobs. Why signal one job out and not the other?
You ever realize how much **** a cop has to put up with, by drunk people, people with attitudes, people that are insane, people that are sitting there lying Thier ass off, you and I can walk away and not worry about this ****. We don't have to put on bullet proof vests on everyday they do.

I've never meet a cop who was an ass to me or anyone that I was with

goldfly
12-01-2013, 04:32 PM
There are ****ty people in all jobs. Why signal one job out and not the other?
You ever realize how much **** a cop has to put up with, by drunk people, people with attitudes, people that are insane, people that are sitting there lying Thier ass off, you and I can walk away and not worry about this ****. We don't have to put on bullet proof vests on everyday they do.

I've never meet a cop who was an ass to me or anyone that I was with

IT'S LIKE THEY HAD NO CHOICE!!!!!

LOUD NOISES

Metaphysicist
12-01-2013, 08:22 PM
this story is missing an end

It is ongoing.

jpx7
12-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Cops do get punished when they misbehave. Not all of them, sure, but many of them.

Not nearly enough.

goldfly
12-02-2013, 08:28 PM
not nearly enough or harsh enough

sturg33
12-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Cop body slams 70 year old woman face first into the pavement.

http://benswann.com/watch-cop-violently-body-slams-elderly-woman-into-pavement/

Hard to watch that one

CK86
12-18-2013, 07:59 PM
A group of judges in Texas essentially gave the go-ahead for pre-crime search warrants. I can't link since I'm on my phone but the ramifications seem awful.

NinersSBChamps
12-18-2013, 08:44 PM
How about people aren't pieces of trash, hence breaking the law and cops won't have to resort to violence.

goldfly
12-18-2013, 09:18 PM
How about people aren't pieces of trash, hence breaking the law and cops won't have to resort to violence.

i would laugh if i didn't think you were being serious

jpx7
12-18-2013, 09:50 PM
A group of judges in Texas essentially gave the go-ahead for pre-crime search warrants. I can't link since I'm on my phone but the ramifications seem awful.

Here's one article on this issue (http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/outrageous-texas-police-can-now-obtain-search-warrants-based-prediction-future-crime).

GMAJAH25
12-18-2013, 10:48 PM
It is too easy to become a cop and the profession draws douches in.

Its not too easy. But you're right about the douches

The recruiting process is too lenient because the demand is already not being met.

gilesfan
12-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Someone say Cops are paid well? Where at?

goldfly
12-30-2013, 02:17 AM
US nationals 'under siege' amid Border Patrol checkpoint death

Civil rights advocates say Border Patrol, part of the largest law enforcement unit in US, is fostering a 'police state'

http://america.aljazeera.com/content/ajam/articles/2013/12/29/us-nationals-undersiegeamidsuspiciousborderpatrolcheckpointdeat h/jcr:content/mainpar/adaptiveimage/src.adapt.960.high.1388373184691.jpg
The San Diego ACLU chapter reported it has seen no substantial evidence to verify that Steven Keith, 58, possessed marijuana or any other drug at time of arrest.

Civil liberties advocates told Al Jazeera Sunday that U.S. citizens — like their undocumented counterparts — are "under siege" in what is increasingly becoming a "police state" around the border, after the death of a male U.S. citizen in Border Patrol custody at a checkpoint 20 miles from the border with Mexico.

Steven Keith, 58, died on Dec. 24 in unclear circumstances at a checkpoint facility near the Southern California section of Interstate 8.

During his detention, Keith became "incoherent and unresponsive," authorities said in a report, and paramedics were unable to save him.

Keith's family told local media he had no pre-existing medical conditions that would have explained his sudden death.

"The cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner's office," Paul Carr, U.S. Border Patrol spokesman said in a statement emailed to Al Jazeera. "I don't have a timeline for the results of the full investigation. As per our statement, neutral third parties are conducting that investigation. I can't comment on what other people may or may not have said."

According to Carr, Border Patrol officers stopped Keith "for illegal possession and intent to distribute approximately three pounds of marijuana."

A local branch of human rights advocacy organization the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), currently monitoring the situation, has not found any substantial evidence that Keith was actually in possession of marijuana.

"The problem is that obviously, there is a real lack of transparency and accountability within" the Border Patrol, the San Diego ACLU's border litigation attorney Mitra Ebadolahi said.

Ebadolahi told Al Jazeera that since 2005, 42 people have died while in Border Patrol and Customs and Border Protection custody — according to an investigation by the Arizona Republic — "none of which have led to a transparent investigation by the government." Of those who died, 13 were American nationals like Keith.

Christian Ramirez, human rights director of civil liberties group Alliance San Diego told Al Jazeera that because people aren't allowed to use cell phones or take flash photography at many border crossing checkpoints, it's difficult to document alleged abuses.

"The ability of the border patrol to impede citizens from documenting events in border checks with a camera or cell phone is illegal," said Ramirez.

Ebadolahi said that unlike the families of most of the people who have been killed in confrontations with the U.S. Border Patrol, Keith's sister Janet Keith "asked what everyone should ask ... 'Why was he put under arrest? What was the legal justification for that arrest?'"

"The Border Patrol has extraordinary power," Ramirez said. "They are able to put up checkpoints and suspend parts of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution (barring agents from entering private property without a warrant). Mr. Keith was on the U.S. side of the border and detained at a checkpoint."

The San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office is investigating the circumstances surrounding Keith's death. But Janet Keith told a San Diego ABC News affiliate that the Examiner's Office said it could not tell her the cause of her brother's death for 90 days.

The Medical Examiner's Office was not available for comment at time of publication, but their website indicates that autopsy results are filed "usually sooner" than 90 days.

Although dozens of non-Americans and non-whites have been killed in stand-offs with border police, Keith's death seems to have provoked a slightly larger outcry in national media for checks on the Border Patrol's relatively uncurbed power.

"Mr. Keith is not the first U.S. national, nor is he the first white dude to die at the hands of the Border Patrol," Ramirez said. "What's unfortunate is that when undocumented migrants continued to die at the border, folks paid no attention. When U.S. citizens of Latin American decent were killed at the border no one paid attention. White folks have been killed too."

Ebadolahi also expressed the need for U.S. citizens to understand what she believes to be the Border Patrol's unchecked power.

"I get routine calls and emails from people who have been harassed or abused at these checkpoints, many of whom are citizens ... There are people who have to go through checkpoints every day for work," she said. "They drive the same car and look the same every time. You'd think returning they'd face less harassment from these agents."

"I think it's hard to convey the emotional experience of checkpoints, but I would say try to imagine a police state environment where people are under siege. And you have to justify your movements when you are going to the supermarket or going home ... You can imagine how it gets when you add routine racial or religious profiling."

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/12/29/us-nationals-undersiegeamidsuspiciousborderpatrolcheckpointdeat h.html

mossy
01-04-2014, 10:51 PM
I usually support law enforcement. It's a dangerous job and I can't say mine is.

What I've noticed in my area is how obsessive they are about writing tickets. Bottom line, they won't reason with you, as the whole point of the traffic stop is to take money from citizens.

goldfly
01-05-2014, 01:53 AM
one of the funniest jokes going is "to protect and serve"

Dalyn
01-06-2014, 04:37 AM
http://static.ilyke.net/uploads/2014/01/01/sub/44185-ilyke.net-large-cop-serve-protect-punch.jpg

Tapate50
01-06-2014, 08:40 AM
http://static.ilyke.net/uploads/2014/01/01/sub/44185-ilyke.net-large-cop-serve-protect-punch.jpg

While I hate cop bashing, thats fantastic.

sturg33
01-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Police break 13 year old's nose for refusing to confess to something he didn't do

"CBS) -- A 13-year-old boy says he was brutalized by Waukegan police late last month, and now two unnamed detectives and the city are facing a federal lawsuit.

CBS 2's Mike Parker reports.

On Monday, eighth-grade honor student and athlete Jonathan Garcia, his family and their attorney took their complaint to the Waukegan City Council.

"We are on a pattern on abuse in the city of Waukegan, which has now led to our children," the lawyer, Kevin O'Connor, said.

A federal lawsuit filed this week alleges that during a police investigation of a broken window, Garcia and another teen were taken to an interrogation room and held for three to four hours.

Garcia says he was roughed up because he wouldn't confess."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJGqB_KkX9A

Metaphysicist
01-06-2014, 12:40 PM
All 13-year-olds are liars.

Tapate50
01-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Police break 13 year old's nose for refusing to confess to something he didn't do

"CBS) -- A 13-year-old boy says he was brutalized by Waukegan police late last month, and now two unnamed detectives and the city are facing a federal lawsuit.

CBS 2's Mike Parker reports.

On Monday, eighth-grade honor student and athlete Jonathan Garcia, his family and their attorney took their complaint to the Waukegan City Council.

"We are on a pattern on abuse in the city of Waukegan, which has now led to our children," the lawyer, Kevin O'Connor, said.

A federal lawsuit filed this week alleges that during a police investigation of a broken window, Garcia and another teen were taken to an interrogation room and held for three to four hours.

Garcia says he was roughed up because he wouldn't confess."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJGqB_KkX9A

Why does he have an angry member of the Black Panthers guarding him?

goldfly
01-06-2014, 07:31 PM

seriously?

goldfly
01-13-2014, 07:32 PM
What happened: http://youtu.be/1po6Sic5lOU

The verdict story: http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78884878/

Tapate50
01-13-2014, 10:22 PM
seriously?
Ha!

sturg33
01-14-2014, 09:18 AM
What happened: http://youtu.be/1po6Sic5lOU

The verdict story: http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78884878/

I couldn't watch that whole video, so it may have been included, but it looks like the cops were found not-guilty on Monday.

Link: Jury Finds Ex-Officers Accused in Kelly Thomas Death Not Guilty (http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Former-Fullerton-Officers-Manuel-Ramos-Found-by-Jury-in-Kelly-Thomas-Trial-239924741.html)

goldfly
01-14-2014, 06:44 PM
it's the 2nd link

it has "verdict story" before it

sturg33
01-16-2014, 05:18 PM
Cops Reportedly Beat Up Deaf Man For Not Following Orders That He Couldn’t Hear (http://benswann.com/cops-beat-up-deaf-man-in-face-for-not-following-orders-that-he-couldnt-hear/)

sturg33
02-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Firefighter Arrested For PARKING VIOLATION While He Was Aiding Injured Accident Victims (http://benswann.com/firefighter-arrested-for-parking-violation-while-he-was-aiding-injured-accident-victims/)

goldfly
02-08-2014, 03:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/WPaaxeE.jpg

jpx7
02-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Welp (http://filmingcops.com/tases-handcuffed-girl-to-death/):

A 20-yr-old girl’s family has filed a lawsuit against a cop after their daughter was left in a brain-dead, vegetative state until she died.

Officer Cole, who was known as "Trigger Happy Trooper," can be seen on dashcam video Tasing the girl until she passed into a vegetative state.

She clearly posed no threat to the officer, but he Tased her anyway.

She was in handcuffs at the time.

Once he Tased her in her back, she fell to the pavement and became paralyzed.

She said, "I can’t get up."

The officer sneered, "I don’t want you to get up," as the high voltage electricity made its way through her limp body.

[...]

The officer was cleared afterwards and was not convicted of murder. Her family is hoping that will change.

sturg33
02-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Welp (http://filmingcops.com/tases-handcuffed-girl-to-death/):

Saw that one the other day. Blind defenders of cops are morons. We are becoming a militarized police force that shoots first and asks question... never

cajunrevenge
02-11-2014, 12:22 AM
This **** is just a symptom of the real problem. The real problem is that congress is legislating us all into criminals. There are millions of laws. You would think with that many that they would all be very specific but some are vague and ripe for abuse. Who here knew it was illegal to posses a permanent marker in a public place in Florida or New York? How could you know when there are millions of laws on the books. Congress can make new things illegal, not tell you about it and then arrest you for it. That sounds an awful lot like a police state to me. Its not like new laws like that get covered on CSPAN. They are usually buried within laws like the "protecting women from violence" act that no one will vote against.

sturg33
02-11-2014, 09:19 AM
This **** is just a symptom of the real problem. The real problem is that congress is legislating us all into criminals. There are millions of laws. You would think with that many that they would all be very specific but some are vague and ripe for abuse. Who here knew it was illegal to posses a permanent marker in a public place in Florida or New York? How could you know when there are millions of laws on the books. Congress can make new things illegal, not tell you about it and then arrest you for it. That sounds an awful lot like a police state to me. Its not like new laws like that get covered on CSPAN. They are usually buried within laws like the "protecting women from violence" act that no one will vote against.

Yeah. I remember when Ron Paul was running for President and said there were 22,000 new laws set to go in effect on January 1, 2013. He said he wanted to be the first President to repeal 22,000 new laws on day 1.

You're right though, if you make everything illigal, we're all criminals. Straight from Ayn Rand

gilesfan
02-11-2014, 01:02 PM
http://wtkr.com/2014/02/11/photo-of-richmond-police-officer-helping-man-in-a-wheelchair-draws-praise/

50PoundHead
02-11-2014, 03:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WPaaxeE.jpg

Love that Sarah Silverman.

Congress doesn't pass a whole bunch of parking or traffic laws. Yeah, they pass a ton of laws and about 90% of them aren't really needed, but I think there's a bit of a disconnect--at least for me--between the actions of police officers in enforcing laws and the laws themselves.

gilesfan
02-12-2014, 10:59 AM
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/P.gif

Oklahomahawk
02-12-2014, 06:46 PM

Uh, cause that's the only kind of them they make????

Oklahomahawk
02-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Love that Sarah Silverman.

Congress doesn't pass a whole bunch of parking or traffic laws. Yeah, they pass a ton of laws and about 90% of them aren't really needed, but I think there's a bit of a disconnect--at least for me--between the actions of police officers in enforcing laws and the laws themselves.

You know, even though I'm against police brutality about 99.99999999999% of the time if it were Sarah Silverman on the receiving end I might have to make an exception. She gets on my absolute last freakin' nerve.

sturg33
02-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Cop Shoots, Kills College Student for Speaking Disrespectfully (http://politicalblindspot.com/cop-shoots-kills-college-student-for-speaking-disrespectfully/)

sturg33
02-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Police Beat Unarmed Man to Death As Wife and Daughter Watched Helplessly (Video) (http://aattp.org/police-beat-unarmed-man-to-death-as-wife-and-daughter-watched-helplessly-video/)

sturg33
02-17-2014, 01:05 PM
80-Year-Old Shot & Killed During Failed Drug Raid (http://benswann.com/80-year-old-shot-killed-as-cops-search-for-non-existent-drugs-during-no-knock-raid/)

sturg33
02-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Another fun story… Those heroes sure are amazing! (http://reason.com/blog/2014/02/14/another-grim-reminder-why-it-is-always-d)

Oklahomahawk
02-17-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm a little surprised that noone took offense at my Sarah Silverman remark. I guess being on "ignore" by 97% of the board has its advantages.

jpx7
02-26-2014, 06:08 PM
"Here's something ("http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fchicago_news&id=9444816), which I'm relaying not solely to demonstrate that I don't only post negative things about the po-lice, but also because (a) it's a refreshing and rational strategic shift and (b) it's very local to me:

Face-to-face communication is the key to cutting crime in some of city's most violent neighborhoods, Chicago police say.

Under the department's custom notification program, a CPD commander finds out who is likely to either cause trouble or be the victim of it and goes to their home, sits down to talk, and lays out a choice. Choose to stay out of trouble, and the community will help. If not, jail time could be longer than expected.

"My message is this is about the community wanting to end the violence," Chicago Police Commander Barbara West said. West is commander in the Austin district where the intervention program started as a pilot six months ago. Since then, she's knocked on the doors of 29 active gang members to talk.

"There've been times when I've not been received, the doors not opened - slammed in my face, but there've been times when they actually invite me in to sit at the table and talk about this with them, and have a conversation," Cmdr. West said.

[...]

In each intervention, the commander is accompanied by a community partner who offers the carrot - potential job contacts, housing needs, and maybe drug treatment.

[...]

Chicago police say there have been 60 of these interventions, and police say to date, none has been involved in any new felony arrests; seventeen have resulted in some form of social services assistance.

"It's early. It's early. And this is only preliminary stuff, but it's kind of exciting," Supt. McCarthy said.

Critics refer to the interventions as Hug-A-Thug, but McCarthy said there is no negotiation.

"It's not an enforcement strategy, it's an intervention," he said. "I don't care what people think. If it works, I will give them a hug myself."

gilesfan
03-24-2014, 03:26 PM
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqOTOLlMTQ4

gilesfan
03-26-2014, 07:40 PM
http://club937.com/cop-turns-off-dash-camera-then-does-something-unbelievable-video/

zitothebrave
04-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Holy ****

http://imgur.com/a/36cXH

Krgrecw
04-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Holy ****
http://imgur.com/a/36cXH

Guy may have been a smart ass talking **** to the cops the whole time and he wouldn't shut up. Cop may have told him to shut up and sit down and the dude wouldn't

If the dude was compliant there wouldn't be more than one cop needing to arrest him

zitothebrave
04-28-2014, 08:13 AM
You think police should choke someone out for smart ass talking? Pardon my freak out here, but what the **** is wrong with you? No one should ever have physical harm brought on them by anyone acting as a "law enforcer" unless they're a threat to themselves or others. Standing in handcuffs is not a threat.

And the Sheriff doesn't agree with you as he fired the deputy. Not anything like paid leave while investigating. Straight up fired. I'm sure the kid did something to piss him off. But he was restrained, there's no reason to choke someone out who's restrained. If he was swinging wildly at you and you didn't have time to pin him down and cuff him, maybe.

Will be fun when this ****er goes to jail. I'd be shocked if he doesn't kill himself before his sentence is up.

weso1
04-28-2014, 09:00 AM
That officer has already been fired.

weso1
04-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Which zito already stated literally one post above mine. So great.

sturg33
05-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Cops shoot 4 times through windshield to kill 19 year old girl. No investigation will be had (http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/why-did-this-police-officer-fire-4-shots-at-a-teenage-girl-killing-her)

Krgrecw
05-02-2014, 04:17 PM
So the girl refused to pull over and aimed her car at the cop. she then hit him with the car and he returned fire. What's the problem?

AerchAngel
05-02-2014, 06:23 PM
So the girl refused to pull over and aimed her car at the cop. she then hit him with the car and he returned fire. What's the problem?

seriously. You think cops do no wrong. Most of them are actually stupid and that badge goes to their head and they lose common sense in the process.

He could always get her later. He can read tags, call in help, but he put himself in harms way. I asked my cousin, who is a cop, and he said whatever procedures they have there is messed up, that is a situation waiting to happen and it did. Under no circumstances as a lone office you do this. Just like the guy who shot at the van with kids in it and got fired for it. He was an idiot as well. I am going to ask my neighbor who is a cop tomorrow on what procedures they have for this. I am pretty sure they would call in for help if they think something is highly suspicious.

I hope he gets nailed and the county sued for his incompetence and death of a teenager.

Krgrecw
05-02-2014, 06:57 PM
seriously. You think cops do no wrong. Most of them are actually stupid and that badge goes to their head and they lose common sense in the process.

He could always get her later. He can read tags, call in help, but he put himself in harms way. I asked my cousin, who is a cop, and he said whatever procedures they have there is messed up, that is a situation waiting to happen and it did. Under no circumstances as a lone office you do this. Just like the guy who shot at the van with kids in it and got fired for it. He was an idiot as well. I am going to ask my neighbor who is a cop tomorrow on what procedures they have for this. I am pretty sure they would call in for help if they think something is highly suspicious.

I hope he gets nailed and the county sued for his incompetence and death of a teenager.

AA, you preach accountability and personal responsibility like I do. You have to admit what this girl did was stupid. She committed a few felonies right there. I'm not saying the cop is innocent but if she would had just pulled over like most reasonable people would do none of this would had happened. What's the worse that would had happened? I imagine coming from a party in a field she'd probably catch a DUI and a small drug charge. She Would had been out the jail the next morning.

Let the cop have his day in court but the girl did hit him with her car which is a big crime if the DA is in a bad mood

zitothebrave
05-02-2014, 07:15 PM
There's no law on the US books that says stupidity should be punishable by death. She's dumb for sure but deadly force is a last resort.

50PoundHead
05-03-2014, 07:50 AM
I should have posted this three weeks ago right after it happened, but this was just a farce up in Minnesota. After the Gophers won the NCAA Hockey semi-final, a bunch of kids in one of the campus bar/restaurant areas got out of hand (Gee. Drunken kids and mischief. Who'd a thunk it?) and the U administration and the cops made this big deal of "This better not happen again after the championship game on Saturday!" Sooooooooo, why don't you just wave a red flag in front of a bull.

Long story short. Gophers lose championship game. Kids take to the streets. Cops are there in force. The local ten o'clock news on every outlet has got someone live on the scene and they won't break away--even for the weather report (and weather is almost akin to religion in Minnesota). Chopper 4, Chopper 5, Chopper 9, and Chopper 11 are all trying to avoid a collision as they film the scene from above. Cops in riot gear. Cops on horseback. Paddy wagons with doors wide open and ready to rumble. I'm old and I thought the response resembled the police reaction to the demonstrations in response to Nixon's mining of Haiphong harbor.

Hard to pick someone to cheer for here: Drunken white students who probably hail from the suburbs vs. Overzealous cops. It's easy here. Have a few extra cops. Nail the kids who damage property (and there were a few of those). And let things cool down. Instead, cops basically force a confrontation with drunk kids, who (as drunken kids are wont to do) take the bait and lie down in front of the police cars and police mounted on horses. It was absolutely farcical.

Link: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/25233436/police-force-u-of-m-gopher-loss-squashes-any-plans-of-rioting

Hawk
05-03-2014, 01:13 PM
So there's actually a place in Minnesota called Dinkytown? That's not ironic at all. :Alone:

AerchAngel
05-03-2014, 01:37 PM
There's no law on the US books that says stupidity should be punishable by death. She's dumb for sure but deadly force is a last resort.

Exactly.

AerchAngel
05-03-2014, 01:43 PM
AA, you preach accountability and personal responsibility like I do. You have to admit what this girl did was stupid. She committed a few felonies right there. I'm not saying the cop is innocent but if she would had just pulled over like most reasonable people would do none of this would had happened. What's the worse that would had happened? I imagine coming from a party in a field she'd probably catch a DUI and a small drug charge. She Would had been out the jail the next morning.

Let the cop have his day in court but the girl did hit him with her car which is a big crime if the DA is in a bad mood

I know that, but if he would have done the logical (common sense which cops lack) thing and call in help, he would not be in trouble and we would not have a dead teenager and other traumatize teenagers. More importantly a town that hate his guts and give cops a bad name is the result.

Krgrecw
05-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Supposedly his back up was driving all the people walking in the woods back to Thier cars so they wouldn't get hit by a drunk.There were more cops on the scene who were pulling people over for DUI.

Also the girl driver had a previous DUI and one of the guys in her car had a warrant out for his arrest. Of course the driver and the guy with a warrant didn't want to be stopped.

Put the cop in front of a jury. if the cop shoot the girl fleeing in a car because he felt his life or others lives were at risk he has that right. There were people walking up and down the street of the party. If she was so out of it she tried to run a cop over with her car, whose to say she wouldn't had hit someone else walking down the street?

I'm not sticking up and being pro-cop I'm just saying that the girl was driving drunk and tried to run a cop over with her car. People need to be more accountable in Thier actions. She was wrong and sometimes when you play with fire you get burnt. Sometimes doing dumb things leads to tragedy

sturg33
05-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Link: Sober woman arrested for driving drunk after deputy crashes into her car
(http://q13fox.com/2014/05/02/sober-driver-arrested-after-deputy-crashed-into-her-car/#axzz30aGqA9Ni)

weso1
05-03-2014, 03:48 PM
There's no law on the US books that says stupidity should be punishable by death.

That would be a good way to fix our education system.

50PoundHead
05-03-2014, 03:51 PM
So there's actually a place in Minnesota called Dinkytown? That's not ironic at all. :Alone:

It was a happenin' place, but it's all being revamped. U of M campus has this odd mix of the classic look and bad modern buildings.

zitothebrave
05-03-2014, 09:31 PM
That would be a good way to fix our education system.

Would also kill traffic to this board and drastically cut down on the population of Tennessee

The Chosen One
05-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Would also kill traffic to this board and drastically cut down on the population of Tennessee

The irony of the entire deep South....

zitothebrave
05-05-2014, 06:24 AM
Supposedly his back up was driving all the people walking in the woods back to Thier cars so they wouldn't get hit by a drunk.There were more cops on the scene who were pulling people over for DUI.

Also the girl driver had a previous DUI and one of the guys in her car had a warrant out for his arrest. Of course the driver and the guy with a warrant didn't want to be stopped.

Put the cop in front of a jury. if the cop shoot the girl fleeing in a car because he felt his life or others lives were at risk he has that right. There were people walking up and down the street of the party. If she was so out of it she tried to run a cop over with her car, whose to say she wouldn't had hit someone else walking down the street?

I'm not sticking up and being pro-cop I'm just saying that the girl was driving drunk and tried to run a cop over with her car. People need to be more accountable in Thier actions. She was wrong and sometimes when you play with fire you get burnt. Sometimes doing dumb things leads to tragedy

The problem is that you're taking the Cops word as the word of God. And it isn't. Cops are human, they make mistakes and like other humans they try to cover things up. Cops also are notorious dicks to people in their late teens and early 20s.

And what evidence is there that she was driving drunk? I've yet to see a report that she was or are you just assuming since she was coming from a party that she was drunk? Maybe she was the DD and being responsible? Usually (though not always) people with DUIs wise up and do everything in their power to not get another because they know how devastating they are.

Basically what likely happened. This cop got hero cop mode, when someone dared to drive through instead of calling it in because of his backup being preoccupied, or hopping in his car to pull her over. He did what was best in his power to get her to stop. Including according to a witness jumping on the hood of the car. I don't know about you but if someone jumped on the hood of my car one of 2 things would happen. I'd hit the gas or the brake. Depending on a variety of factors, such as where my foot was. I'm not saying she was in the right, but I've yet to see a reason for deadly force.

Krgrecw
05-05-2014, 07:42 AM
If she wasn't drunk why didn't she stop?

This case falls under self defense.

sturg33
05-05-2014, 09:05 AM
If she wasn't drunk why didn't she stop?

This case falls under self defense.

LOL

The Chosen One
05-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Was walking downtown the other night, and 2 cops were walking around together and these 3 teenagers who I assume were high had the giggles, all 3 couldn't have been older than 17.

Anyways one was looking at one of the cops and kept giggling, and the cop across the street turned around and said "What the f--- are you looking at?"

Then the teens said "haha what?!" and the cop stood there and lifted his shoulders so as to look tough and said it again "I said what the f--- are you looking at?"

Kids walked away, the baldy testosterone cop tried to walk over and pursue while the other cop just ran up grabbed and said "Dude it's not worth it what are you doing?"

Pissed cop said "motherf---ers!!".

It was so bizarre, the cop wanted to do something and kept instigating, and if pursued and assaulted them would've no doubt used self defense card.

I watched the entire thing unfold, as I was walking up to the cops to ask them where a particular bar was, but when I saw that happen I just tried to avoid it.

sturg33
05-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Was walking downtown the other night, and 2 cops were walking around together and these 3 teenagers who I assume were high had the giggles, all 3 couldn't have been older than 17.

Anyways one was looking at one of the cops and kept giggling, and the cop across the street turned around and said "What the f--- are you looking at?"

Then the teens said "haha what?!" and the cop stood there and lifted his shoulders so as to look tough and said it again "I said what the f--- are you looking at?"

Kids walked away, the baldy testosterone cop tried to walk over and pursue while the other cop just ran up grabbed and said "Dude it's not worth it what are you doing?"

Pissed cop said "motherf---ers!!".

It was so bizarre, the cop wanted to do something and kept instigating, and if pursued and assaulted them would've no doubt used self defense card.

I watched the entire thing unfold, as I was walking up to the cops to ask them where a particular bar was, but when I saw that happen I just tried to avoid it.

In college, I was walking in a sheetz parking lot. A sheriff car drives by, and in my drunken state I said "what's up Sheriff?"

Dude slammed on the break, got our of his car. Put his hand on his gun and said "What'd you say to me kid?"

Scared ****less, I said "I just hey". He then got back into his car and drove away.

WTF?

goldfly
05-05-2014, 02:43 PM
so, Cecily McMillan was found guilty today

she was sexually assaulted by a cop when he grabbed her breast and she gets to go to jail for years

"best country in the world and land of the free" my ****ing ass

weso1
05-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Crump, I didn't know you were there as a witness and saw the boob grab?

zitothebrave
05-05-2014, 08:35 PM

I actually was the one who did the boob grab. It rocked.

goldfly
05-06-2014, 01:19 AM

http://occupywallstreet.net/sites/default/files/styles/380w-story-node/public/story_images/wall-street-police-violence-24.jpg?itok=coj_WCT9

weso1
05-06-2014, 07:09 AM
http://occupywallstreet.net/sites/default/files/styles/380w-story-node/public/story_images/wall-street-police-violence-24.jpg?itok=coj_WCT9

Ummm. That's not her. If that is what Mcmillan looked like then I'd believe it.

weso1
05-06-2014, 07:14 AM
I mean there is a video, which didn't show zito grabbing the boob, and the jury was mostly made up of women who found her guilty.

But crumpfly from the internet knows exactly what happened.

sturg33
05-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Link: (Another) Floridian Arrested for Exercising First Amendment Right to Film Police in Public (http://blog.heritage.org/2014/05/05/wrong-another-floridian-arrested-exercising-first-amendment-right-film-police-public/)

weso1
05-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Link: (Another) Floridian Arrested for Exercising First Amendment Right to Film Police in Public (http://blog.heritage.org/2014/05/05/wrong-another-floridian-arrested-exercising-first-amendment-right-film-police-public/)

Not replying to this particular article, but I do think a cop should have the right to ask someone filming to move during an arrest. The idea of someone standing behind me whilest arresting someone would unnerve me.

zitothebrave
05-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Not replying to this particular article, but I do think a cop should have the right to ask someone filming to move during an arrest. The idea of someone standing behind me whilest arresting someone would unnerve me.

Yeah, and this guy didn't do that. I'd agree with your general point, but this was not the case. Sounds like crooked cops most likely.

goldfly
05-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Ummm. That's not her. If that is what Mcmillan looked like then I'd believe it.

yes

their history of doing this means she most likely made it up

weso1
05-06-2014, 12:52 PM
yes

their history of doing this means she most likely made it up

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/confused_lion_king.gif

goldfly
05-06-2014, 05:40 PM
i am saying, the NYPD have a history of doing this

i don't see why she would make it up when it comes to the pictures i have seen from her arrest

here she is "assaulting a police officer"

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--w8NpBnVl--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/711478997742247492.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--enoqIokb--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/xoamfptwvocb5spa4izj.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--lmNWXpEF--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/inne9jugjwaoxjnjcucl.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Tlac2T3T--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/wdxhq9pqvrkaj2pyh7ia.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--X3ONVTpO--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/yf1ecpyadoxjha0c3gob.jpg

weso1
05-06-2014, 07:04 PM
The reason why she would make it up is to avoid a felony conviction.

And she did elbow him pretty good in the eye. Even the defense didn't argue it didn't happen. There's a video of it. Clearly the photos you show doesn't show the actual incident. And to be honest the cop looks pretty calm in the photos. She looks like a crazy weirdo like all the other Occupy Walls Street folk were.

Now, I certainly don't think she deserves 7 years in jail or a felony charge for that matter. I was just commenting on the boob grab. Because who doesn't like talking about a boob grab.

goldfly
05-06-2014, 08:20 PM
http://change-production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/9/gt/br/GDgTbRNKnaoJuqf-556x313-noPad.jpg?1399338733

guess the pig barely touched her breast for this to happen?

weso1
05-06-2014, 08:30 PM
I was waiting for you to post that picture. Apparently the cop is also Freddy Kruegger.

Tapate50
05-06-2014, 09:35 PM
I was waiting for you to post that picture. Apparently the cop is also Freddy Kruegger.

With terrible aim. Besides, who would voluntarily grab her boob? Yuck.

goldfly
05-07-2014, 05:01 AM
With terrible aim. Besides, who would voluntarily grab her boob? Yuck.

making light of sexual assault

awesome

Hawk
05-07-2014, 08:23 AM
*yawn*

Tapate50
05-07-2014, 09:23 AM
making light of sexual assault

awesome

That is not making light of assault. Thats saying she is uh, not attractive. Nice try though.

http://youtu.be/0wC8Ab5AZeE

Note the last 15 seconds or so. Marky Mark knows how to do assault.

sturg33
05-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Link: Disturbing Home Video Released of Police Killing a Man in His Bathroom
(http://thefreethoughtproject.com/disturbing-home-video-released-police-killing-man-bathroom/)

AerchAngel
06-27-2014, 07:31 AM
Wow, I do not know how the man could hold himself back. The copy who did the deed went back to the station and I bet he knew he fvcked up. Killing a man's dog is like killing his best friend especially when you TRESPASS on his property. (http://news.yahoo.com/pissed-off-man-confronts-police-shot-dog-video-190607346.html)

Krgrecw
06-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Wow, I do not know how the man could hold himself back. The copy who did the deed went back to the station and I bet he knew he fvcked up. Killing a man's dog is like killing his best friend especially when you TRESPASS on his property. (http://news.yahoo.com/pissed-off-man-confronts-police-shot-dog-video-190607346.html)

Cops were wrong but if that was your 3 year old son missing and your neighbor was 'you can't come on my property and look for him' I'm sure you'd do it anyway. Anyone would.

Cops are allowed to come into your yard in cases like this.

zitothebrave
06-27-2014, 07:56 AM
Cops were wrong but if that was your 3 year old son missing and your neighbor was 'you can't come on my property and look for him' I'm sure you'd do it anyway. Anyone would.

1. A missing child shouldn't remove my constitutional rights. If that was the case we're literally ****ed because a child goes missing and you can thne be harassed by cops all you want who'll find something illegal (everyone owns something) and then put you behind bars.

2. I'd like to see your caselaw. Police are allowed to search properties in case of imminent danger such as hearing someone scream or seeing a fire or something along those lines, not cause a kid is missing, unless there's a case you have the disproves me.

I mean I'm sure the cop can make a case for exigent circumstances but that's a weak case at best.

The Chosen One
06-27-2014, 07:57 AM

No, I wouldn't actually. I absolutely would not...

If you think it's OK for cops to be allowed to come into your yard in such vague circumstances like this, you're really really inviting a huge can of worms to be opened as this is a dangerous precedent being set on when to allow cops to come unauthorized into someone's house.

The Chosen One
06-27-2014, 08:02 AM
“We were looking for a lost child,” one officer responded. A neighborhood parent had reported their 3-year-old child missing earlier in the day. The child was later found asleep in the basement of the family’s home."

:facepalm: Unreal.

Krgrecw
06-27-2014, 08:23 AM
1. A missing child shouldn't remove my constitutional rights. If that was the case we're literally ****ed because a child goes missing and you can thne be harassed by cops all you want who'll find something illegal (everyone owns something) and then put you behind bars.

2. I'd like to see your caselaw. Police are allowed to search properties in case of imminent danger such as hearing someone scream or seeing a fire or something along those lines, not cause a kid is missing, unless there's a case you have the disproves me.

I mean I'm sure the cop can make a case for exigent circumstances but that's a weak case at best.

They need a warrant to enter a car or house but not your backyard. You can ask them to leave but they are allowed to do that.

zitothebrave
06-27-2014, 08:31 AM
They need a warrant to enter a car or house but not your backyard. You can ask them to leave but they are allowed to do that.

That is not true. There's a gray area involved with searching where by say a sales man can walk onto your property and knock on your door so can a cop. But anything fenced off doesn't cover that. That town may have different laws but from general laws and rulings their entering his backyard isn't covered in terms of acceptable under 4th Amendment.

Or why didn't the officer use a taser or pepper spray? Why was reaching for his gun his first reaction?

This guys gonna get a fat check from Salt Lake City thanks to this cop.

AerchAngel
06-27-2014, 09:08 AM
That is not true. There's a gray area involved with searching where by say a sales man can walk onto your property and knock on your door so can a cop. But anything fenced off doesn't cover that. That town may have different laws but from general laws and rulings their entering his backyard isn't covered in terms of acceptable under 4th Amendment.

Or why didn't the officer use a taser or pepper spray? Why was reaching for his gun his first reaction?

This guys gonna get a fat check from Salt Lake City thanks to this cop.

Doesn't replace his best friend. It might help with some of the lost, but still a life is a life.

AerchAngel
08-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Another stupid incident by the police, I hope they get sued. (http://news.yahoo.com/chief-police-killed-california-robbery-hostage-205153908.html)

nsacpi
04-21-2022, 07:48 AM
bump

cajun's gonna love this ****