bravesnumberone
07-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Anyone else pumped for the final episodes coming next month?:elefant:

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 12:25 AM
Yea, *****!

BlackwaterPark
07-12-2013, 09:30 AM
I cant wait. The show was slow to me at first, but these last two seasons have been really good.

How do you guys think it will end?

zitothebrave
07-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Both at gun point and walk away, Walter Jr Kills his father or mother. Not sure which one.

bravesnumberone
07-12-2013, 12:39 PM
So many possibilities for how it ends. I've read several potential theories. Besides the whole Walter/Hank showdown, I think there almost has to be a Walter/Jesse showdown in some capacity. What's driving me nuts and has been since it last aired, is those nine months in between Hank sitting on the toilet and Walter eating in Denny's and getting the big gun. How does he get to Denny's?

rico43
07-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Early teases don't bode well for Jesse. It has been laid out as Walter's story, so anyone's else future is a toss-up.

CyYoung31
08-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Early teases don't bode well for Jesse. It has been laid out as Walter's story, so anyone's else future is a toss-up.

I never expected him to live anyway. Hell, he wasn't even supposed to make it past the first season.

DjGrizz
08-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Walter F'N White

Ya dig?

zitothebrave
08-02-2013, 01:21 PM
MAGNETS!!

Carolina Kid
08-02-2013, 01:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE

Going to be so epic!

Yeah Science!

jpx7
08-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Never really got into the series, but Ozymandias is a terrific poem.

CyYoung31
08-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Never really got into the series, but Ozymandias is a terrific poem.

Let me guess, you watched the first episode and thought it was too slow.

Happens to everyone.

jpx7
08-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Let me guess, you watched the first episode and thought it was too slow.

That was my experience with The Wire, actually, but I finally tried that show out again after season-three and was ultimately blown (away) by it. Since then, I'm much more guarded against giving up on a show after the first episode or three.

In fact, I watched the entire first season of Breaking Bad after my sister implored me to do so, but I just never really found myself invested in any of the primary characters or their narratives. I've seen a smattering of episodes subsequent to the first season, but the only character that really captivated me was Bob Odenkirk's sleazy "Better Call Saul" litigator (largely, I'm sure, because I already loved him from Mr Show et cetera).

I think it's a solid show, so don't think I'm denigrating it; it just didn't hold my interest sufficiently to keep me watching past season-one. Moreover, I mostly just wanted to rep Ozymandias.

CyYoung31
08-02-2013, 03:32 PM
That was my experience with The Wire, actually, but I finally tried that show out again after season-three and was ultimately blown (away) by it. Since then, I'm much more guarded against giving up on a show after the first episode or three.

In fact, I watched the entire first season of Breaking Bad after my sister implored me to do so, but I just never really found myself invested in any of the primary characters or their narratives. I've seen a smattering of episodes subsequent to the first season, but the only character that really captivated me was Bob Odenkirk's sleazy "Better Call Saul" litigator (largely, I'm sure, because I already loved him from Mr Show et cetera).

I think it's a solid show, so don't think I'm denigrating it; it just didn't hold my interest sufficiently to keep me watching past season-one. Moreover, I mostly just wanted to rep Ozymandias.

I implore you to at least finish season 2. I mean, season 1 is only 6 episodes long after all. You'll get a much better feel for the characters and setting in that season. Plus, things start to pick up a little more, especially in the first and last episodes.

Season 3, 4 and 5(so far) are where it's at though.

CyYoung31
08-05-2013, 02:09 AM
BTW, the first half of season 5 is on Netflix now if anyone wants to catch up or refresh before Sunday.

BlackwaterPark
08-05-2013, 07:14 AM
The first season was slow, but like others have said, these last 3 seasons have been awesome.

bravesnumberone
08-05-2013, 10:33 AM
I think the show has gotten stronger every season. Kind of hard for me to claim a favorite season because there are so many fantastic episodes spread throughout. These last eight are supposedly balls to the walls.

bravesnumberone
08-11-2013, 09:15 PM
First episode back. HOLY S*****

CyYoung31
08-12-2013, 03:40 AM
Yeah, I thought it got kind of slow in the middle (just barely), but dat ending...Holy ****.

DjGrizz
08-12-2013, 06:54 AM
Loved the first episode!!!!!!!

Heyward
08-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Honestly don't see what's so good about this show.

Decent show but nothing to get a boner over.

CyYoung31
08-12-2013, 03:52 PM

Kill yourself.

DjGrizz
08-12-2013, 04:38 PM

Name a better show!?

wheresmykayak
08-12-2013, 06:33 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://i.imgur.com/2Mlqexx.gif

DjGrizz
08-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Name a better show!?

Probably Honey Boo Boo huh?

cajunrevenge
08-13-2013, 03:59 PM

How much have you watched? The show starts a little slow but consistently gets more interesting as it goes. Not everyone is going to like the same thing though. I hate a lot of **** that is considered popular or good.

parkvadawg
08-13-2013, 04:55 PM
One of the better shows off the last decade

BlackwaterPark
08-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Name a better show!?

Game of Thrones..Homeland..

zitothebrave
08-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I thought it got kind of slow in the middle (just barely), but dat ending...Holy ****.

That's been a pretty common motif. Punch to start, punch to end, life in between. I assume it's done to kind of show the contrast of the crazy drugdealing side and the family side. Family life is boring and monotonous but the drugdealing side is fun.

Also someone needs to just kill Jesse. God damn homeboy is depressing.

bravesnumberone
08-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Never understood the whole "it gets slow" thing. It can't just be all action all the time. Has to be character development. One of the best episodes of the entire series was the one where Walt and Jesse were trying to kill the fly.

BlackwaterPark
08-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Never understood the whole "it gets slow" thing. It can't just be all action all the time. Has to be character development. One of the best episodes of the entire series was the one where Walt and Jesse were trying to kill the fly.

No way, that episode was pointless lol

bravesnumberone
08-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Hell no, it was not. Lot of subtle things happening. The episodes with extended Walt/Jesse scenes are the heart of the show.

BlackwaterPark
08-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Like what?

bravesnumberone
08-13-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm not going to spell it all out, but a couple things.

It's a metaphor on Walt's irrational thinking throughout the series. He shows about the most remorse he ever has and comes pretty darn close to spilling the beans to Jesse on something very important. Not to mention the symbolism the fly itself carries.

I guess it's personal preference, but it's a well-written episode in one of the best shows to ever grace the television.

CK86
08-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Only way out I can see for Jesse is him killing Walt and then himself. I just think it will happen. I don't expect any of Walt's family to survive.

zitothebrave
08-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Only way out I can see for Jesse is him killing Walt and then himself. I just think it will happen. I don't expect any of Walt's family to survive.

I don't think they'll kill off Jesse because he's the fan favorite, btu no way does Walt go until the end. If they do that they're robbing the show of greatness. There is no character close to as good as Walt on the show. What I find interesting about the show is so many of the cast members on that show come from a comedy background. Cranston, Paul, Odenkirk, Norris, and even Banks have a healthy comedy background.

DjGrizz
08-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Game of Thrones..Homeland..

Homeland is good but BB is better. Cant speak for game of thrones never seen it

Runnin
08-14-2013, 12:03 AM
Somehow Jesse will survive. He's now the moral center of the show. But Walt is still lying to him and it looks like he's going to get the fate he deserves.

bravesnumberone
08-14-2013, 12:08 AM
No way they take Walt out until close to the end.

I'm sure that flash forward scene from the other night is going to pick back up on the finale, maybe the tail end of the penultimate episode.

bravesnumberone
08-14-2013, 12:11 AM
I don't think they'll kill off Jesse because he's the fan favorite, btu no way does Walt go until the end. If they do that they're robbing the show of greatness. There is no character close to as good as Walt on the show. What I find interesting about the show is so many of the cast members on that show come from a comedy background. Cranston, Paul, Odenkirk, Norris, and even Banks have a healthy comedy background.

I think there are/have been several great characters, and the acting is outstanding. Cranston is in an entire league to himself, but Paul, Banks and lately Norris have all been really strong. Anna Gunn had a great first half of season 5 too.

CyYoung31
08-14-2013, 12:59 AM

Except that I'm not talking about the action. I just didn't care for most of Jesse's portion of the episode, which was basically the middle part. One scene in particular was pointless. Many of my favorite moments of this show aren't action packed.

zitothebrave
08-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Except that I'm not talking about the action. I just didn't care for most of Jesse's portion of the episode, which was basically the middle part. One scene in particular was pointless. Many of my favorite moments of this show aren't action packed.

Truth how many of the best moments in the show are either suspense-filled or just awesome acting by Bryan Cranston (love watching him change like he did with Hank)

Heyward
08-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Name a better show!?

Honestly not going too.

People think its such a good show when in reality it's nothing to brag about. Carry on.

Carolina Kid
08-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Honestly not going too.

People think its such a good show when in reality it's nothing to brag about. Carry on.

Good thing we noted how bad your taste in shows is. Carry on.

CK86
08-14-2013, 09:12 PM

lololol

Heyward
08-14-2013, 09:15 PM

Good thing I could care less what you think.

GMAJAH25
08-14-2013, 09:20 PM

How much less?

CyYoung31
08-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Ignore him. He's just here to ruffle feathers. He's never even watched the show. Proof is in his first post.

DjGrizz
08-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Honestly not going too.

Why not? Fear of being ridiculed is my guess

rico43
08-15-2013, 12:11 AM
I think there are/have been several great characters, and the acting is outstanding. Cranston is in an entire league to himself, but Paul, Banks and lately Norris have all been really strong. Anna Gunn had a great first half of season 5 too.

Jonathan Banks has elevated every series he has ever touched. I would kill to have all of Wiseguy on DVD.

Hawk
08-15-2013, 12:21 PM

Agreed. I've long been annoyed with Jesse's 'I can't live with what I've done/seen' act. I don't sympathize. Although that scene where he just sits there as Badger tells the story of the Star Trek pie-eating contest was actually pretty funny.

Does anybody think that the ricin Walter retrieves in the opening sequence is meant for himself?

BlackwaterPark
08-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Agreed. I've long been annoyed with Jesse's 'I can't live with what I've done/seen' act. I don't sympathize. Although that scene where he just sits there as Badger tells the story of the Star Trek pie-eating contest was actually pretty funny.

Does anybody think that the ricin Walter retrieves in the opening sequence is meant for himself?

I sure do. I think he is going to take it, and then go out blasting away with the gun

Carolina Kid
08-15-2013, 03:17 PM

I'm heart broken...really I am. *tear*

As for the show, I've said this other places but I really think that Lydia and the other "moving parts" will come into play. You don't just leave something like that without a **** ton of leverage or some repercussions.

zitothebrave
08-15-2013, 03:39 PM

For Lydia, Jesse, or Hank would be my guess. I don't see walt as being suicidal. BB is good at keeping everyone guessing. Who afterall realized the plane thing?

CyYoung31
08-15-2013, 06:28 PM

I thought about that, but it doesn't really make any sense. So, no.

bravesnumberone
08-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Walter White may have been suicidal (tried to kill himself at the end of the pilot), but Heisenberg is not. I'm thinking the ricin may be intended for a group of people at once.

bravesnumberone
08-16-2013, 12:50 PM
For Lydia, Jesse, or Hank would be my guess. I don't see walt as being suicidal. BB is good at keeping everyone guessing. Who afterall realized the plane thing?

I actually didn't realize this til recently, but the plane crash was pretty much given away in the episode titles for anyone who had enough time on their hands to analyze them. "Seven Thirty-Seven," "Down," "Over," "ABQ"

bravesnumberone
08-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Welp. **** just got real.

zitothebrave
08-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Will be interesting to see where next weeks episode goes. We haven't hit Walt on the run or that need for Ricin yet, so we have a long time to go here. i think the more interesting story line is the Dutch or whatever one. I think that may be in the end what makes Walt go on the run.

bravesnumberone
08-20-2013, 09:47 PM
It's hard to imagine Lydia not sending Todd and the Nazis after the White family at this point.

bravesnumberone
08-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Holy. Phucking. Shiit. at tonight's episode.

BlackwaterPark
08-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Can't wait to see it tomorrow night

Hawk
08-30-2013, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1LnLsMW19U

bravesnumberone
09-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Bump. **** continues to get cray.

BlackwaterPark
09-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Great episode this week as usual!

bravesnumberone
09-11-2013, 03:21 PM
I can't take the damn cliffhangers though.

BlackwaterPark
09-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Awww cant deal with delayed gratification? lol

zitothebrave
09-11-2013, 04:59 PM
I have to say, I'm not loving this second half of the season. Were any of you fooled bythe money in the barrel? Seriously who didn't know that was done. Obviously it's done to show that Walt isn't in control and so on so forth but seriously they could have done that better. I also think they're forcing Jesse and Walt to be too sentimental towards each other.

CyYoung31
09-11-2013, 06:27 PM
There's some stuff I'm not crazy about, but that's to be expected with the conclusion to almost every series. Endings are the hardest things to write, especially with an intricate plot such as this. Overall though, this second half has been thrilling. I think the last episode may have been the best in the entire series.

One thing I'm not crazy about is how Hank has seemed to suddenly forget that Walt is his brother-in-law. It would be fine if that happened over a period of time, but I don't think that was given enough development. It deserved like a half a season at least, and it got about two episodes. When Hank arrests Walt, it's like he sees it as a moment of triumph, when he really should be seeing it as a moment of tragedy. But, there's still 3 episodes left so maybe they'll do something more with it. Although, I really don't see how Hank survives the next episode.

CyYoung31
09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
I have to say, I'm not loving this second half of the season. Were any of you fooled bythe money in the barrel? Seriously who didn't know that was done. Obviously it's done to show that Walt isn't in control and so on so forth but seriously they could have done that better. I also think they're forcing Jesse and Walt to be too sentimental towards each other.

The thing is, they weren't trying to fool the audience with that, so I don't see how any of us not being fooled by it is relevant.

bravesnumberone
09-11-2013, 06:52 PM
I thought that about Hank too, but upon further examination, he's always been obsessed with this case and all about making the big catch. Now that pride and gloating about it looks like it just got him killed. I have very little if any complaints about where it's going. It's fantastic.

bravesnumberone
09-11-2013, 06:53 PM
I read somewhere that Gilligan considers this upcoming episode to be the best in the entire series.

Also, it was announced today that the Saul Goodman spinoff "Better Call Saul" got the greenlight. It will be a prequel to Breaking Bad.

CyYoung31
09-12-2013, 12:36 AM
I read somewhere that Gilligan considers this upcoming episode to be the best in the entire series.

Also, it was announced today that the Saul Goodman spinoff "Better Call Saul" got the greenlight. It will be a prequel to Breaking Bad.

Not a big fan of the idea.

bravesnumberone
09-12-2013, 12:30 PM
I have reservations myself, but I'll give Gilligan the benefit of the doubt for now. Usually when it comes to bad tv spinoffs, nobody remembers them.

bravesnumberone
09-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Well that was the most powerful hour of the entire series. Not sure I breathed the entire episode.

CK86
09-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Breaking Bad is the LeBron James of television, so damn good.

cajunrevenge
09-15-2013, 10:08 PM
This episode was probably the most intense episode I have seen since the shields second to last episode. They could have ended the series with episode.

CyYoung31
09-16-2013, 04:27 AM
Loved it. Only thing I didn't like was Walt telling Jesse about Jane. I thought it was unnecessary (although they obviously put it there for a confrontation down the road), but more than anything the scene just felt forced.

BlackwaterPark
09-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Awesome awesome awesome!

BlackwaterPark
09-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Loved it. Only thing I didn't like was Walt telling Jesse about Jane. I thought it was unnecessary (although they obviously put it there for a confrontation down the road), but more than anything the scene just felt forced.

I think it was building to something later more than anything. I feel it was just trying to show how pissed Walt was at Jessie for going to the DEA

bravesnumberone
09-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Didn't think it was forced at all. Everything is in there for a reason. It'll probably come back to bite Walt.

CyYoung31
09-16-2013, 05:19 PM
I think it was building to something later more than anything. I feel it was just trying to show how pissed Walt was at Jessie for going to the DEA

It definitely was but it still felt contrived.

CyYoung31
09-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Didn't think it was forced at all. Everything is in there for a reason. It'll probably come back to bite Walt.

There was obviously a reason for it. That doesn't mean it wasn't forced.

TURBO
09-16-2013, 06:57 PM
so intense.

bravesnumberone
09-16-2013, 07:12 PM
There was obviously a reason for it. That doesn't mean it wasn't forced.

Walt by his own twisted rationale blamed Jesse for what had happened. He wanted to dig the knife deep. Don't really see how that's forced.

CyYoung31
09-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Walt by his own twisted rationale blamed Jesse for what had happened. He wanted to dig the knife deep. Don't really see how that's forced.

Ugh. I understand all of that. That's obvious. I'm talking about the writing and execution of that scene.

bravesnumberone
09-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Ok, whatevs. Anywho, I think the next episode will be a lot calmer, but who the hell knows anymore...

zitothebrave
09-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Ok, whatevs. Anywho, I think the next episode will be a lot calmer, but who the hell knows anymore...

There's only 2 episodes left so I don't think there's too much time for being calmer. My guess that it starts out kind of slow and leads to the buildup.

Spoilers/speculation below

Something is going to make Walt go after the Nazis, don't know if it's guilt or what, something will make him go after them. Why else would he need the gun. And it can't be a meth thing, my guess is he finds out about Jesse somehow and feels remorse. I don't think he goes back because of meth or money, it will be his family or Jesse. I'm hoping that the Ozymandias theme has to do with Walt ending his time in New Mexico, but you never know. Also anyone else catch the pants reference? Pretty genius.

bravesnumberone
09-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Spoliers below:

Yeah that was cool seeing the pants again.

Idk, unless he really just magically changes, if he finds out the blue is back, he's not going to let that slide. He's always been extremely territorial. I don't see any way he would have to save his family or that the nazis would want anything from his family unless they were being used as leverage for him to cook again. So if he's coming back to protect someone, it's more than likely Jesse. He may even give Jesse a chance to kill him.

zitothebrave
09-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Spoilers again

The best part about the pants is they were an homage to Shelly poem.

I don't think he'll really care about the blue. I think seeing Hank get murdered after pleading for him to be spared, and then losing his money in a way broke him. I don't think he goes back because of his drug. I think maybe Jesse isn't cooperative or he's fuzzy on the details or something, who knows but they go after Walt's family. I could be wrong, but to me the call to Skyler indicated where Walt's heard really is and where he really cares about. Something has to happen to his family. I mean we see the house in total disarray, someone has to go after his family.

bravesnumberone
09-16-2013, 09:52 PM
We do know apparently that Jesse told them where the tape of his confession is at Hank's house, and Todd said they were on it. Could spell some trouble for Marie.

I'm guessing the White house is going to get seized by the city, and it may be in disarray because of vandals just breaking in, hence the graffiti.

However, what makes me think someone not random did it is the first scene of the new season. When he's retrieving the ricin capsule, he looks at the cracked closet mirror, as if he's remembering or envisioning something. That mirror had to get cracked somehow.

bravesnumberone
09-16-2013, 09:59 PM
I could go on and on about the greatness of this episode, but another excellent move was the imagery of Walt once Hank died compared to Gus when his friend died back in season 4.

zitothebrave
09-16-2013, 10:06 PM
We do know apparently that Jesse told them where the tape of his confession is at Hank's house, and Todd said they were on it. Could spell some trouble for Marie.

I'm guessing the White house is going to get seized by the city, and it may be in disarray because of vandals just breaking in, hence the graffiti.

However, what makes me think someone not random did it is the first scene of the new season. When he's retrieving the ricin capsule, he looks at the cracked closet mirror, as if he's remembering or envisioning something. That mirror had to get cracked somehow.

I presumed the broken mirror had to do with his life being broken, could totally be wrong. I mean it could have been seized, but I'd guess the scene of crime would be involved. What crime who knows.

bravesnumberone
09-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Well whatever we come up with likely will be wrong. Gilligan's kind of like Gus. Always thinking way ahead of everyone.

zitothebrave
09-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Well whatever we come up with likely will be wrong. Gilligan's kind of like Gus. Always thinking way ahead of everyone.

True. My money is Jesse has the chance to kill Walt and doesn't, then someone kills Jesse (Walt Jr?)

My original prediction was for Walt Jr. to kill Walt but that was just throwing **** in the wind cause I had no clue.

bravesnumberone
09-16-2013, 10:19 PM
I remember reading a theory about the "Negro y Azul" music video way back in Season 2, and how Heisenberg's lying out dead in the desert, and the person walking away from him favors Jesse.

Also came across something talking about how when Hank was in the hospital, Walt Jr. was reading a book about the DEA agents who went after Pablo Escobar. Pablo supposedly died the day after his birthday, so if the flashforward scenes really are Walt's birthday, he could die the next day?

zitothebrave
09-16-2013, 10:39 PM
They're left enough crumbs do you to come to many conclusions. And I think they'll go semi mind****. Hopefully more Sopranos less Lost.

CyYoung31
09-16-2013, 10:47 PM
That phone call scene was just pure genius. And Bryan Cranston deserves a cross-over Oscar or something for that episode.

Krgrecw
09-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Not only the pants but Lots of Easter Eggs though out the shows series. Here's a good list

There's a popular theory about Breaking Bad that claims that every time Walter White kills someone, he picks up some of their character traits.

We trawled through the evidence to make it a little easier to follow. And we have to say, we're almost convinced.

On top of that we also found a whole load of other hidden details that demonstrate just how layered and complex this show is. Enjoy!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/breaking-bad-easter-eggs-that-will-blow-your-mind?s=mobile

Krgrecw
09-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Number 12 on that list is freaky

zitothebrave
09-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Number 12 on that list is freaky

12 was a gimme. IIRC from the get go I believe Gillian confirmed they were named after Mr. White and Mr. Pink.

Runnin
09-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Was shocked to see Hank go like that but he was totally out of control.

bravesnumberone
09-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Read an interview with the writer of this past episode.

When asked "How much darker is this journey going to get for Jesse?"

Response: "The darkness is going to be pitch black. Jesse’s got a very long road ahead of him."

When asked for advice on watching the last two episodes, particularly the next one:

Response: "Medication. Whatever form that takes. Astronaut diapers. Keep soft objects around. You’re in for a couple of uncomfortable, extraordinary, nerve-shattering evenings."

Well then....

The Chosen One
09-22-2013, 11:15 PM
It's ending...

and Jesse's pitch black hole getting bigger.

bravesnumberone
09-23-2013, 02:04 AM
They've set it up for an excellent ending. Walt finally ready to just do the right thing, but then boom.

And Todd needs to die.

50PoundHead
09-23-2013, 06:28 PM
There's some stuff I'm not crazy about, but that's to be expected with the conclusion to almost every series. Endings are the hardest things to write, especially with an intricate plot such as this. Overall though, this second half has been thrilling. I think the last episode may have been the best in the entire series.

One thing I'm not crazy about is how Hank has seemed to suddenly forget that Walt is his brother-in-law. It would be fine if that happened over a period of time, but I don't think that was given enough development. It deserved like a half a season at least, and it got about two episodes. When Hank arrests Walt, it's like he sees it as a moment of triumph, when he really should be seeing it as a moment of tragedy. But, there's still 3 episodes left so maybe they'll do something more with it. Although, I really don't see how Hank survives the next episode.

It isn't a moment of tragedy. Walt is a frickin' psychopath who has been using this "family" excuse to play out a lot of pent up crap (business failure, cancer, etc.). It's just shallow justification. I've watched most of the show, especially the last couple of seasons, and Walt's "family" schtick is the thing that has bothered me the most about the show. I hear the "it's all about the family" crap coming out of just about every right-wing outfit these days and I hope Gilligan's take on this is one of cultural critique and that Walt should be seen as what he is, which is a psychopath.

Don't get me wrong. It's a good show. The cast--especially Cranston, Gunn, and Paul--deserve every accolade they've received. I've been a Bob Odenkirk fan for 20 years and he's shown me a ton.

It's fiction, so the whole implausibility angle doesn't bother me. It's been a well-told tale.

As for Walt, I hope Skylar puts a bullet into his forehead.

bravesnumberone
09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
I think Gilligan's done a pretty nice job of showing what really motivates Walt and how much of a twisted **** he is. The last scene of last night's episode illustrates that pretty well. If you go back and watch a couple flashbacks to before he got married and everything, he had more swagger than he did in the first few episodes of the show. Heisenberg was always there, just laid dormant for a while.

zitothebrave
09-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Spoilers below.

I like how Walt changes. Cranston cannot get enough credit for that.

As far as the family thing goes 50, I think that mainly has to do with what his original intention was. Make enough money so that his family would get by. Then the ego kicks in and as he gets more and more indestructible the ego grew.

My guess what may go for the ending is for Walt to go and take down the Neo Nazis. And he succeeds/ I'm guessing that Lydia hires someone to help him take care of them, she seems none too pleased with the risks they're taking and probably wants to keep Jesse for herself.

Nazis have been using all the info Walt gave them on Jesse to manipulate Jesse in a much crueler way than Walt ever would. I'm guessing this leads to Jesse having the gun on Walt. Skylar shoots Jesse Lydia shoots Skylar, Walt Jr. Shoots Lydia than kills himself, Walt is arrested and left without his family or his fortunes. Can't remember the baby's name but she gets raised by Marie and Marie is horribly bitter about it leading the child into a life of Drug abuse similar to Jane.

Of course who knows where it goes,

The Chosen One
09-24-2013, 01:03 AM
I think Walt goes on a suicide mission, then uses the ricin to kill himself instead of going into hiding or turning himself in.

He probably gets the money, gives it to Skylar and Marie, gives it to them then kills himself. I mean he's close to dying anyway with the cancer, he wouldn't want to go live in the woods again by himself. I think him asking the Vacuum Cleaner and telling him "one of these days you'll come back here and I'll be dead". Once the guy gave him the answer he wanted, I think that pretty much made Walt's mind clear he's not going to die alone in isolation, but go out swinging or on his own terms with the ricin.

zitothebrave
09-24-2013, 01:14 AM
I'll lol when the ricin is the fake. And Walter goes to jail and loses everything. I severely doubt that Walt dies.

The Chosen One
09-24-2013, 01:20 AM
If Walt doesn't kill himself, it'll be Jesse or Skylar that ends him.

There is no happy ending for Walt, and going to jail and losing everything would be a terrible cop out.

One of the most complex characters of all time is going out with a bang.

Only way I could see them pulling off him going to jail, is if it's a scene of him dying in a jail cell alone. But with the buildup they've done, it looks more like Walt is going to just go on a suicide mission.

Dalyn
09-24-2013, 03:54 AM
The latest opens the door (a tiny crack) to Jesse and Walt going after the Nazis together.

I am going to say that they team up and take out the Nazis and Walt dies in the process (possibly saving Jesse). It will flash to the future and show Jesse figuring out a way to get Walt's money to his family and figuring out a way to take care of the kid.

Dalyn
09-24-2013, 04:06 AM
:icwudt:

50PoundHead
09-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Spoilers below.

I like how Walt changes. Cranston cannot get enough credit for that.

As far as the family thing goes 50, I think that mainly has to do with what his original intention was. Make enough money so that his family would get by. Then the ego kicks in and as he gets more and more indestructible the ego grew.

My guess what may go for the ending is for Walt to go and take down the Neo Nazis. And he succeeds/ I'm guessing that Lydia hires someone to help him take care of them, she seems none too pleased with the risks they're taking and probably wants to keep Jesse for herself.

Nazis have been using all the info Walt gave them on Jesse to manipulate Jesse in a much crueler way than Walt ever would. I'm guessing this leads to Jesse having the gun on Walt. Skylar shoots Jesse Lydia shoots Skylar, Walt Jr. Shoots Lydia than kills himself, Walt is arrested and left without his family or his fortunes. Can't remember the baby's name but she gets raised by Marie and Marie is horribly bitter about it leading the child into a life of Drug abuse similar to Jane.

Of course who knows where it goes,

I get the same vibe. What I decry is the segment of the fan base that somehow wants to see him "win." He's not an anti-hero. He's an effin' psychopath. Granted it's all fiction, but this guy's Hitler. Maybe he redeems himself. I don't know how he could plausibly get the money to Skylar and his family without the Feds knowing, but again, this is fiction.

50PoundHead
09-24-2013, 08:48 AM
The latest opens the door (a tiny crack) to Jesse and Walt going after the Nazis together.

I am going to say that they team up and take out the Nazis and Walt dies in the process (possibly saving Jesse). It will flash to the future and show Jesse figuring out a way to get Walt's money to his family and figuring out a way to take care of the kid.

Plausible.

zitothebrave
09-24-2013, 08:56 AM
If Walt doesn't kill himself, it'll be Jesse or Skylar that ends him.

There is no happy ending for Walt, and going to jail and losing everything would be a terrible cop out.

One of the most complex characters of all time is going out with a bang.

Only way I could see them pulling off him going to jail, is if it's a scene of him dying in a jail cell alone. But with the buildup they've done, it looks more like Walt is going to just go on a suicide mission.

What sadder ending is there than drugs leaving Walt to love a life in prison without his family and with his drug empire gone? All his work over previous 3 years left him with even less than he had before. I think Walt Jr. Dies for sure.

BlackwaterPark
09-24-2013, 08:59 AM
I want him to win lol

bravesnumberone
09-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Jesse will pull a Walt and gas the Nazis out with phosphane gas like Walt did to Crazy 8 and Emilio way back in the pilot.

And Elliot and Gretchen at Gray Matter are going to somehow be connected to Lydia and Madrigal. Maybe Walt's sense of victory Gilligan talked about is outing them.

As for the ending, I still think it has to end with Jesse and Walt. That's always been the heart of the show.

CyYoung31
09-24-2013, 07:08 PM
It isn't a moment of tragedy. Walt is a frickin' psychopath who has been using this "family" excuse to play out a lot of pent up crap (business failure, cancer, etc.). It's just shallow justification. I've watched most of the show, especially the last couple of seasons, and Walt's "family" schtick is the thing that has bothered me the most about the show. I hear the "it's all about the family" crap coming out of just about every right-wing outfit these days and I hope Gilligan's take on this is one of cultural critique and that Walt should be seen as what he is, which is a psychopath.

Don't get me wrong. It's a good show. The cast--especially Cranston, Gunn, and Paul--deserve every accolade they've received. I've been a Bob Odenkirk fan for 20 years and he's shown me a ton.

It's fiction, so the whole implausibility angle doesn't bother me. It's been a well-told tale.

As for Walt, I hope Skylar puts a bullet into his forehead.

I think you missed my point.

zitothebrave
09-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Jesse will pull a Walt and gas the Nazis out with phosphane gas like Walt did to Crazy 8 and Emilio way back in the pilot.

And Elliot and Gretchen at Gray Matter are going to somehow be connected to Lydia and Madrigal. Maybe Walt's sense of victory Gilligan talked about is outing them.

As for the ending, I still think it has to end with Jesse and Walt. That's always been the heart of the show.

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Todd always gears up so he wouldn't be effected. I think Walter makes the raid and Jesse gets his hands on a gun at some point. Question is, who goes with Walt? My money is that something goes nuclear. Though as someone pointed out, Lydia manages to constantly escape **** she shouldn't.

bravesnumberone
09-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Todd always gears up so he wouldn't be effected. I think Walter makes the raid and Jesse gets his hands on a gun at some point. Question is, who goes with Walt? My money is that something goes nuclear. Though as someone pointed out, Lydia manages to constantly escape **** she shouldn't.

Keep in mind a scene from an earlier episode where Jack says he doesn't need a mask. If they come to the lab to check up on Todd, and he takes his mask off, don't put it past Jesse. Although this only works if he convinces Todd he can cook better without being chained up.

I haven't ever really gotten any predictions right, so I don't expect that to start with the finale.

zitothebrave
09-24-2013, 07:58 PM
I just hope it does the series justice.

bravesnumberone
09-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Cast members saying it will be "unapologetic" and "apocalyptic" among other things, so I think they'll stick the landing. Hopefully nothing completely open-ended.

GMAJAH25
09-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Keep in mind a scene from an earlier episode where Jack says he doesn't need a mask. If they come to the lab to check up on Todd, and he takes his mask off, don't put it past Jesse. Although this only works if he convinces Todd he can cook better without being chained up.

I haven't ever really gotten any predictions right, so I don't expect that to start with the finale.

Maybe he'll do it and kill himself as well?

He's got nothing to live for...but justice must be served for all those affected by those assholes.

Sacrifice himself

bravesnumberone
09-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Maybe he'll do it and kill himself as well?

He's got nothing to live for...but justice must be served for all those affected by those assholes.

Sacrifice himself

I've thought about that, too. I don't think anything worse could happen to him other than them killing Brock.

CK86
09-24-2013, 11:45 PM
I think Todd is the most evil character on the show after his actions in the previous episode. I still can't believe that scene, just cold.

50PoundHead
09-25-2013, 10:37 AM
I think you missed my point.

I may have.

bravesnumberone
09-29-2013, 06:17 PM
It all ends tonight.

BlackwaterPark
09-29-2013, 06:42 PM
It all ends tonight.

Yep, cant wait! 1 MORE HOUR

zitothebrave
09-29-2013, 06:43 PM
I hope it will be up online so I can watch it after the Falcons game. Thankfully I can sleep in tomorrow

bravesnumberone
09-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Not sure if you have cable, but it re-runs at 12:15 a.m. eastern.

Falcons are just going to have to wait for me.

BlackwaterPark
09-29-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE

zitothebrave
09-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Not sure if you have cable, but it re-runs at 12:15 a.m. eastern.

Falcons are just going to have to wait for me.

Don't have cable.

bravesnumberone
09-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Perfect ending. Truest to the series.

The Chosen One
09-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Perfect ending. Truest to the series.

Disagree. A better ending would've cut to this for closure for the fans.
http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/90/0/bb/1/ffffff/90482a280f0558443c1e6c2e1849110d/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/POP_CULTURE/2013/09/huell.jpg

zitothebrave
09-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Lol SAV

It was a solid ending, really wish they didn't go the all the bad guys end and with what's basically the happiest realistic ending. Jesse should have died or something else. Walt really didn't lose anything aside from his life which he would have lost anyway, odds are his kids get the money and thus his wife. Holly gets closure, Skylar gets closure that Walt didn't kill hank, basically everyone is happy at the end in a twisted way.

The Chosen One
09-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Lol SAV

It was a solid ending, really wish they didn't go the all the bad guys end and with what's basically the happiest realistic ending. Jesse should have died or something else. Walt really didn't lose anything aside from his life which he would have lost anyway, odds are his kids get the money and thus his wife. Holly gets closure, Skylar gets closure that Walt didn't kill hank, basically everyone is happy at the end in a twisted way.

Not necessarily for everyone.
Marie can never be convinced it wasn't Walt that killed Hank. Even if Skyler pleads to her it wasn't Walt, she will always blame Walt for directly killing Hank.

Same can be said for Jr. Even if his mom tells him, he'll always believe it was his dad that killed Uncle Hank.

There is somewhat redemption between Walt and Skyler. I think the way she looked at him was her forgiving him and his way back to the good side of the force.

I would've preferred to have seen Jesse and Walt ride out together, with Walt dying while Jesse is driving. But I guess Walt dying in the environment that made him who he is, is probably the next best thing for me.

For a second, there was a bout a 5 second delay when Walt jumped on Jesse to cover him and from the time the trunk ejected and gun started shooting. I thought that the remote was broken.

bravesnumberone
09-30-2013, 01:35 AM
The ending scene was perfect. I don't think there were many happy endings at all, even for Walt. Maybe more of an satisfying ending for him.

BlackwaterPark
09-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Loved the ending. Wrapped it all up nicely like I knew they would.

50PoundHead
09-30-2013, 08:07 AM
I'm not as big a fan as a lot of folks here, but I thought it was a solid ending.

Still unclear how the house got trashed, but I haven't watched as close as many.

Glad to see Walt finally admitted it was all about him. Looking death in the face (and with all the disappointments in his life), I can't blame him for wanting to feel "alive," which makes the entire show a metaphor for facing middle age.

Gilligan is a great writer. I don't know if this is the greatest show in the history of television, but it is one that will stand up for many years and is certainly in the upper tier of shows. The supporting cast was always solid, but it was Cranston's show from beginning to end and he never failed to disappoint.

Runnin
09-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Loved the ending and the whole final episode. It wrapped things up and didn't leave us all guessing about what really happened like in Sopranos. I didn't expect the writers to redeem Walt as much as they did but at least he finally admitted that he did it all for himself.

That "cross" thing they did with the building rafters in the final shot was nice. I'm glad Jesse got out. I thought he was gonna be harder on Gretchen and Eliot.

zitothebrave
09-30-2013, 08:32 AM
The house they discussed last episode. That they moved out (don't recall if it was a DEA thing but I don't think it was) and after they did the city had to fence it off because it became a tourist trap and people were vandalizing it.

50PoundHead
09-30-2013, 10:57 AM
The house they discussed last episode. That they moved out (don't recall if it was a DEA thing but I don't think it was) and after they did the city had to fence it off because it became a tourist trap and people were vandalizing it.

I remember that from the next-to-last episode, but I kind of expected more.

bravesnumberone
09-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Yeah I thought Gilligan may have been bluffing some when he said "Ozymandias" was the greatest episode they did. But that truly was the climax, and the last two were kind of like a coda. As far as things I would have liked to see, I wanted to see what came of Brock and more of the back story to why exactly Walt left Gretchen and the company.

zitothebrave
09-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Loved the ending and the whole final episode. It wrapped things up and didn't leave us all guessing about what really happened like in Sopranos. I didn't expect the writers to redeem Walt as much as they did but at least he finally admitted that he did it all for himself.

That "cross" thing they did with the building rafters in the final shot was nice. I'm glad Jesse got out. I thought he was gonna be harder on Gretchen and Eliot.

In reality there's still room for loopholes and a lot of untold stories. But it wrapped up Walt's tale, which was what the show was about. Though I'm sure some folks will imagine that he didn't die and is in jail or some ****.

My only real complain was I wish they had another episode. I think the finale with the Nazis was too short. Though I think it was impressively written, I think the way it all went down was a little to quick for what was essentially the most important part of the episode.

zitothebrave
09-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah I thought Gilligan may have been bluffing some when he said "Ozymandias" was the greatest episode they did. But that truly was the climax, and the last two were kind of like a coda. As far as things I would have liked to see, I wanted to see what came of Brock and more of the back story to why exactly Walt left Gretchen and the company.

Would be nice to know why he left Gretchen (was it Skylar?) they may touch on some stuff in later press releases, but I doubt it. We'll likely just be left pondering several of the open lines.

cajunrevenge
09-30-2013, 12:22 PM
I thought it was a fantastic ending. I think it would have been awesome to see Walt go to prison and how that would have played out. He has built up quite a legend as Heisenberg so maybe he is accepted in prison pretty easily and becomes a shotcaller. That could have made for a really cool season.

nocalgirl10
09-30-2013, 03:34 PM
I love that loose ends were tied up and Walt was sent out in a poetic way. Basically what the Dexter writers tried to do and couldn't.

Man I've never watched a show that had my heart racing constantly like the final 3 episodes did. I'm just bummed it's over.

GMAJAH25
09-30-2013, 08:49 PM
I thought it was a fantastic ending. I think it would have been awesome to see Walt go to prison and how that would have played out. He has built up quite a legend as Heisenberg so maybe he is accepted in prison pretty easily and becomes a shotcaller. That could have made for a really cool season.

Im glad it ended when it did. The show will be missed, and there was tons of ways they could have went to continue with more seasons.

But it just seems that sometimes shows just ruin themselves by dragging it all out. Weeds was like that for me..

The Walking Dead as well

Runnin
09-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Im glad it ended when it did. But it just seems that sometimes shows just ruin themselves by dragging it all out. Weeds was like that for me..

The Walking Dead as well
It takes a lot to have a really good show worth continuing for many seasons. THere seem to be a bunch of very mediocre shows going that route.

I haven't seen Weeds yet.

nocalgirl10
09-30-2013, 11:00 PM

I am going to say that they team up and take out the Nazis and Walt dies in the process (possibly saving Jesse).

So...do you know the lotto numbers for tomorrow too?

TURBO
10-01-2013, 04:18 PM
5 Alternate endings that were discussed.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-shares-5-alternate-endings-141319331.html

bravesnumberone
10-01-2013, 09:16 PM
After re-watching the finale, I'm even more pleased with it.

50PoundHead
10-02-2013, 09:48 AM
I watched the interview with Gilligan on The Colbert Report Monday night and I was very impressed. I was never a die-hard fan of the show, but always found it to be well-written and conceived. I think this last set of episodes was really strong. The writing team brought everything together quite well.

shabadu84
10-08-2013, 06:50 PM
I'd say the Wire was better overall but Breaking Bad was better in some ways too. Better visually, obviously, but I think Bryan Cranston easily was the best actor out of anyone on either show. The final season of BB was far superior to the Wire too, and I'm someone who refers to that as the Wire's "least great" season.

In terms of executing what they wanted to do, I don't think any other show did it better than these too. Very little, if anything, was wasted over their runs. The Sopranos veered off the tracks for a season or two for me. Deadwood didn't have enough time.

Krgrecw
10-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Ahhhh. Deadwood was great. Swearengen was one of the best tv characters of the past decade.
If anyone has a week off and wants to watch a great show from start to finish 'deadwood' fits the bill. 2 seasons I believe.

bravesnumberone
10-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I've always kind of considered The Wire and Breaking Bad tough to compare because The Wire had a much more extensive and ambitious scope. The writing was phenomenal on both, though I think it was very underrated on Breaking Bad. The acting on The Wire was underrated, too.

I guess it would come down to personal preference, but I agree that these are the two best shows I've ever seen. Mad Men at its best is right there too.

CyYoung31
10-08-2013, 08:41 PM
I feel like Mad Men is really underrated by the general population. Amazing show.

zitothebrave
10-08-2013, 09:07 PM
I feel like Mad Men is really underrated by the general population. Amazing show.

I like to imagine Mad Men as being more of a movie than those others. It's really big on imagery show than anything else.

CyYoung31
10-08-2013, 11:49 PM
I like to imagine Mad Men as being more of a movie than those others. It's really big on imagery show than anything else.

It's just not big on plot. I think that's the problem for most people. It's completely a character study.

BlackwaterPark
10-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Game of Thrones will be up there with best ever, already is for me.

bravesnumberone
10-09-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm going to try to catch up on Game of Thrones before the fourth season.

BRule
10-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Really good, entertaining series....but not even close to the best series, ever or recently. Seasons 4 and 5 were amazing and Gus is one of my favorite characters on any show I've watched BUT The Wire, Deadwood, Sopranos, The Shield are better off the top of my head and there's obviously more.

Krgrecw
10-22-2013, 02:57 PM
There was a series on NBC a few summers back called Kingpin. It was great. I highly recommend tracking it down if you like breaking bad, the wire, sopranos.
It was about a Mexican drug dealer and his family. Only had 6 episodes. ****ing great

bravesnumberone
10-29-2013, 10:17 PM
I love both Breaking Bad and The Wire, but to claim one is far superior to the other is simply just a matter of taste. Two completely different shows.