PDA

View Full Version : hip-hop

yeezus
11-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Any fans out here?
Sometimes I get in old school outkast moods, and i'm currently in that. not much better.
what are you guys listening to right now?

thethe
11-26-2013, 07:53 PM
I got old and stopped listening to rap and hip hop. I'm more of a 90's rock kind of guy now. Love audioslave/soundgarden and Pearl Jam.

zitothebrave
11-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Audioslave isn't 90s thethe #nerdowned

Outkast may be the best hiphop artist of all time. I guess it depends on where you blur the lines between hip hop and rap. I've been enjoying Eminem's latest album, solid offering.

thethe
11-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Audioslave is just an extension of soundgarden. I still consider that 90's.

I will also listen to Em still.

zitothebrave
11-26-2013, 08:12 PM
So I guess pearl jam is 80s since they're an extension of motherlove bone. And who knows what velvet revolver is. :YDS:

Gary82
11-26-2013, 08:21 PM
I love how thethe clicks on a thread about hiphop and starts talking about ****ing pearl jam.

zitothebrave
11-26-2013, 08:27 PM
I love how thethe clicks on a thread about hiphop and starts talking about ****ing pearl jam.

Eddie Vedder is more thug than Kanye. :elefant:

The Chosen One
11-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Love outkast. I live down the street where big boi went to elementary school. Spottieottiedopalicious Angel , Elevators and I Can't Wait are 3 of my faves. Especially love listening to them when you've smoked a bit.

thethe
11-26-2013, 08:38 PM
DMX was my goto music when I used to get high a lot in high school.

zitothebrave
11-26-2013, 08:54 PM
DMX was my goto music when I used to get high a lot in high school.

What the hell kinda stoner were you. That's the opposite of what I would even imagine listening to high. Best stoner music is jazz or prog.

thethe
11-26-2013, 09:11 PM
What the hell kinda stoner were you. That's the opposite of what I would even imagine listening to high. Best stoner music is jazz or prog.

All I listened to was rap when I was a teenager.

yeezus
11-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Love outkast. I live down the street where big boi went to elementary school. Spottieottiedopalicious Angel , Elevators and I Can't Wait are 3 of my faves. Especially love listening to them when you've smoked a bit.

that's my plan for the night :Bunchie1:
What are everyone's thoughts on the new big albums though?
I think Push's is the best of ye's, jay's drake's, cole's. i put drake's 2nd. could not get into hov's new one, and i've loved jay since i was 12.

yeezus
11-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Audioslave isn't 90s thethe #nerdowned

Outkast may be the best hiphop artist of all time. I guess it depends on where you blur the lines between hip hop and rap. I've been enjoying Eminem's latest album, solid offering.

Outkast definitely has some of the tippy-top material, i agree.

I saw kendrick over 2 years ago at his first show in philly at a little venue on south street...waited from about 7 until 11:45 for him to come on...but it ended up being totally worth it. he had like an hour long set, and i managed to save all three of the j's i snuck in until he came on for me and my friends. best show i've ever seen. i haven't seen him since, but apparently he took a step a back as far as performing goes, only from what i've heard people say. he did rigamortis in its legit entirety.

The Chosen One
11-26-2013, 11:05 PM
I haven't listened enough of Kendrick yet to make a conclusion. I love swimming pools. The intro/prelude for The Art of Peer Pressure is so damn chill. It has an Outkast vibe to it. I wish there was an entire song sampled with that beat. I play that song for the first 70 seconds then restart it.

The Chosen One
11-26-2013, 11:18 PM
I like how weso lurked this thread... as if he has any idea what hip-hop is. Probably thinks it's a black version of hop scotch on the playground. :Bunchie1:

sturg33
11-27-2013, 12:02 AM
If you want to hear some great hip hop/rap, go to the Australian Bands… Not even kidding. They are really damn good.

My two favorite:

1. Bliss N Eso
2. Hilltop Hoods

Here are just a couple of examples of their awesomeness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9xUofg0B04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md3PjJAt1Q4

The Chosen One
11-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Damnit sturg.

:facepalm:

goldfly
11-27-2013, 12:07 AM
audioslave,soundgarden and pearl jam in this thread?

what in the living ****?

Hawk
11-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Big Boi's most recent album was sick -- great crossover appeal (with Phantogram, Little Dragon.)

Listening to Childish Gambino and Kanye lately.

As for space cadet music? Boards of Canada, Led Zeppelin, Washed Out ... gooood stuff. But all music is good on that plane.

Krgrecw
11-27-2013, 12:25 AM
What was that horrible 3 piece white rap group from Africa or Australia that was supposed to be big a few years back? They signed for over $1,000,000 a few years back. A Pale white boy that was skinny, lanky, and tatted up, a semi-chubby guy and a girl.

Anyone like them?

Carp
11-27-2013, 12:30 AM
Eddie Vedder is more thug than Kanye. :elefant:

Pretty sure I'm more thug than Kanye West.

ESP47
11-27-2013, 01:43 PM
This is my favorite hip hop song

http://youtu.be/B8bnqR4YHn8

yeezus
11-27-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't think many people are more thug than kanye, only because he speaks his mind more than anyone out there.

yeezus
11-27-2013, 02:16 PM
I haven't listened enough of Kendrick yet to make a conclusion. I love swimming pools. The intro/prelude for The Art of Peer Pressure is so damn chill. It has an Outkast vibe to it. I wish there was an entire song sampled with that beat. I play that song for the first 70 seconds then restart it.

section.80 is a classic, if you haven't gone in to that, do so immediately.

yeezus
11-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Big Boi's most recent album was sick -- great crossover appeal (with Phantogram, Little Dragon.)

Listening to Childish Gambino and Kanye lately.

As for space cadet music? Boards of Canada, Led Zeppelin, Washed Out ... gooood stuff. But all music is good on that plane.

I find childish gambino so lame and corny personally.

The Chosen One
11-27-2013, 02:44 PM
This is my favorite hip hop song

http://youtu.be/B8bnqR4YHn8
Even on the internet, the threads for the black man are overrun by white propaganda.

BRule
11-27-2013, 03:10 PM
This thread makes me sad

The Chosen One
11-27-2013, 03:11 PM
This thread makes me sad

Racist.

BRule
11-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Racist.

You're racist for assuming it was that racist reason why I was sad, racist.

The Chosen One
11-27-2013, 03:26 PM
You're racist for assuming it was that racist reason why I was sad, racist.

How is your racism from the 1960's going to help us today?

BRule
11-27-2013, 03:34 PM
How is your racism from the 1960's going to help us today?

Excellent question, I will answer that by saying my racism is better than yours because it's local racism and not "random" racism for "no reason"

The Chosen One
11-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Excellent question, I will answer that by saying my racism is better than yours because it's local racism and not "random" racism for "no reason"

But who's racism was more recent?

BRule
11-27-2013, 03:48 PM
But who's racism was more recent?

I did NOT come here to argue about who, what, where, why is more recent....I'm here to TELL YOU my racism is more valid because it's local, OKAY?

yeezus
11-27-2013, 05:31 PM
This thread makes me sad

because we didn't mention joe budden?

Hawk
11-27-2013, 05:41 PM
I find childish gambino so lame and corny personally.

I don't know anything about him or his older stuff, was just listening to a few tracks from his upcoming album I found on Spotify and they aren't bad at all.

Wiki'ing him tells me he is an actor, too, apparently, which is never a good sign. Like a black David Hasselhoff.

BRule
11-27-2013, 06:51 PM
because we didn't mention joe budden?

Well, that's one reason

weso1
11-27-2013, 07:41 PM
I like gettin down with it every once in a while. Love me some Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre. I also occasionally slightly spill some beer out for my fallen homies.

Carp
11-27-2013, 10:29 PM
I don't think many people are more thug than kanye, only because he speaks his mind more than anyone out there.

I think you have the definitions of "thug" and "@sshole" mixed up.

The Chosen One
11-27-2013, 10:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDBExQYU-pw

A fanmade extended version. It's so chill.

Metaphysicist
11-27-2013, 11:58 PM
thethe might be the whitest person in the world.

Anyway, I don't know if this is what krgrecw was talking about, but maybe Die Anterwoord, the greatest musical act since ABBA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegdR0GiJl4

Metaphysicist
11-27-2013, 11:58 PM
I like gettin down with it every once in a while. Love me some Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre. I also occasionally slightly spill some beer out for my fallen homies.

HIS NAME IS SNOOP LION OLD MAN

goldfly
11-28-2013, 04:47 AM
HIS NAME IS SNOOP LION OLD MAN

he changed his name from snoop lion like 6 weeks ago

Metaphysicist
11-28-2013, 12:13 PM
HIS NAME IS SNOOPZILLA OLD MAN

yeezus
08-31-2015, 12:10 PM
I don't know where the old one is, and don't feel like finding it.

Been listening to a lot of Mick Jenkins lately. Really digging it.
Also, I dig DS2. Which I'm sure is a crime to some.

BRule
08-31-2015, 12:23 PM
http://www.audiocastle.me/uploads/news/acs1_390_268.png

yeezus
08-31-2015, 12:35 PM
I actually haven't checked that out yet. Been meaning to. I'm a fan of his.

yeezus
08-31-2015, 12:55 PM
also love him on twitter.
do you listen to anyone but budden tho?

The Chosen One
08-31-2015, 12:59 PM
Budden used to post on Scout.

Krgrecw
09-01-2015, 06:18 PM
amyone like Dres 'Compton' soundtrack? I thought it was horrible.

zitothebrave
09-01-2015, 07:15 PM
There's like 80 hip hop threads cause yeezus has tourettes and just starts new threads all willy nilly.

But ask and ye shall receive. Mod God merges threads.

AerchAngel
09-01-2015, 09:03 PM
My Hip Hop days are over. After NWA and later De La Soul similar groups, I don't care for it. Too much cussing, disrespecting females and what not. Honestly I do not know one hip hop song today, not a single one. I think Ludacris Move Bitch was the only one that amuses me because Will Smith "Hancock" played the song and I was curious.

Katy Perry hip hop with that DJ whatever is the last rap song I've heard (Dark Horse).

I am not into the music of any genre today, I like the 70's rock/jive/funk/R&B, 80's soft pop and actually the late 70's/early 80's techno type like Depeche Mode/OMD and others. I also like Vinyard/Maranatha music because it is positive music. I don't like negativity or disparaging race, women, sex or any other that is dehumanizing type of music.

I am a musician, as my wife, and my kids so far, so we are into classical music with several instruments we use in the house. I love the flute/harp type but neither the wife or I can play a them for some reason (David Haas songs love the flute), but we can play reed instruments, horns, piano, violin and we both can tackle a guitar.

If we get a new house or make this bigger, we want a musical room and the harp is the first instrument we want to buy.

AerchAngel
09-01-2015, 09:06 PM
My Hip Hop days are over. After NWA and later De La Soul similar groups, I don't care for it. Too much cussing, disrespecting females and what not. Honestly I do not know one hip hop song today, not a single one. I think Ludacris Move Bitch was the only one that amuses me because Will Smith "Hancock" played the song and I was curious.

Katy Perry hip hop with that DJ whatever is the last rap song I've heard (Dark Horse).

I am not into the music of any genre today, I like the 70's rock/jive/funk/R&B, 80's soft pop and actually the late 70's/early 80's techno type like Depeche Mode/OMD and others. I also like Vinyard/Maranatha music because it is positive music. I don't like negativity or disparaging race, women, sex or any other that is dehumanizing type of music.

I am a musician, as my wife, and my kids so far, so we are into classical music with several instruments we use in the house. I love the flute/harp type but neither the wife or I can play a them for some reason (David Haas songs love the flute), but we can play reed instruments, horns, piano, violin and we both can tackle a guitar.

If we get a new house or make this bigger, we want a musical room and the harp is the first instrument we want to buy.

Public Enemy (Enema, tell me where I got this from in a movie, then you are the shizznit) was before NWA and De La Soul. They were my favorites when I lived in England.

yeezus
09-02-2015, 01:21 PM
There's like 80 hip hop threads cause yeezus has tourettes and just starts new threads all willy nilly.

But ask and ye shall receive. Mod God merges threads.

i've started two threads specifically for talking about hip-hop.
does tourettes cause someone to start threads btw?

AerchAngel
09-02-2015, 01:28 PM

I don't know but it is hilarious watching Mahmoud Abdul - Raouf (LSU Chris Jackson) when he played for my Nuggets, the facial expressions and cuss words at unusual times was the bomb. They never mic'ed him up and I understood why.

BRule
09-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Budden used to post on Scout.

R.I.P.

zitothebrave
09-02-2015, 04:19 PM

Relax francis, take a joke, and praise your mod god

Runnin
09-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Living away from the states, I've entirely missed the hip hop craze. I keeping looking on youtube but can't seem to find the good stuff.

Not just being snarky, but what would be considered "good" hip hop music?

zitothebrave
09-02-2015, 08:41 PM
Living away from the states, I've entirely missed the hip hop craze. I keeping looking on youtube but can't seem to find the good stuff.

There really is no such things as good hip hop. It's an art form which means you'll like some of it and hate others.

AerchAngel
09-03-2015, 09:29 AM

Nowadays even when I don't listen to it, you can consider it garbage.

When you're blasting PE and NWA today tells you what the state of hip hop is. Even those like Jason Durillo (sp) sounding more Miley Cyrus/Katy Perry
should tell you something. Methinks too much cussing and disrespecting in the current artists. We don't need that.

zitothebrave
09-04-2015, 10:12 PM
https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Various_Artists_Hip_Hop_Fundamentals?id=Bjnqonenaq og4zvmm7kvs472cbm

I had to buy that. I already owned way more than a few of those songs, but for a buck it doesn't hurt to legitimize some.

BRule
09-08-2015, 01:37 PM
http://cdn3.pitchfork.com/news/59749/a75b689c.jpg

The Chosen One
09-27-2015, 11:47 PM
http://uproxx.com/music/2015/09/afro-ra-the-rugged-man-uncharted/

I miss this style so much. I hope this kid goes far.

The Chosen One
09-28-2015, 12:26 AM
Gave up on good hip hop a long time ago. After reading that article went on youtube and found some stuff from Pro Era and Joey Bada$$ (never heard of either).

Is there more like this in the underground scene?

NinersSBChamps
09-28-2015, 08:36 AM
Go back and eat smoothies by the beach.