PDA

View Full Version : PGA Tour to restart in June

Acuña’s Bat Flip
04-14-2020, 08:53 PM

The Chosen One
04-14-2020, 08:55 PM
Tiger gonna win Augusta in November. Gonna be curious how they manage it because daylight savings. Will get dark around 5-6pm.

zitothebrave
04-15-2020, 06:53 PM
Interesting to watch, seems like MLS is targeting a June Restart as well.

I have a sneaky suspicions we'll see a lot of sports played before empty stadiums. Which will be weird.

The Chosen One
04-15-2020, 07:05 PM
The thing about golf is, it's so quiet during the telecasts, that you probably won't even notice that there aren't people watching in person until Sunday when most fans would be spectators at a major event.

zitothebrave
04-15-2020, 08:20 PM
I think Golf, Tennis, NASCAR and honestly even sports like the NBA could easily get by. I think where it will be more awkward is soccer, football and the NHL. Soccer and NHL because they have the most crowd participation.

drewdat
04-15-2020, 08:38 PM
Price Is Right is effed

The Chosen One
04-15-2020, 08:39 PM
Price Is Right is effed

You could do 6 foot seating, like in the white house press room.

And only use two of the 4 bidding stations. Have to use sanitizer when they roll the wheel, and they can't touch and hug drew.

acesfull86
04-21-2020, 09:46 AM
I think Golf, Tennis, NASCAR and honestly even sports like the NBA could easily get by. I think where it will be more awkward is soccer, football and the NHL. Soccer and NHL because they have the most crowd participation.

Soccer is definitely going to be strange given how reliant it is on supporter's sections to provide atmosphere. The game is just so quiet otherwise - no collisions of pads, squeaking squeakers, etc. Other than the slight thud of a ball being kicked, there's not a lot there.

I'll certainly take what I can get, though. Looks like Bundesliga might be the first back. I'll be counting the hours...

Carp
04-21-2020, 11:08 AM

Baseball would be fine. Wouldn't be much different than watching a Marlins game in a normal year.

The Chosen One
04-21-2020, 11:12 AM
Soccer is definitely going to be strange given how reliant it is on supporter's sections to provide atmosphere. The game is just so quiet otherwise - no collisions of pads, squeaking squeakers, etc. Other than the slight thud of a ball being kicked, there's not a lot there.

I'll certainly take what I can get, though. Looks like Bundesliga might be the first back. I'll be counting the hours...

I've watched some Australian soccer, and they have no crowds and it's been decent. Better than nothing.

Runnin
08-05-2020, 09:38 PM
I wish the pairings ( for the PGA) were made randomly, instead of organizers dictating who gets screen time and thus popularity. Whoever is playing the best should get the screen time, not just the big stars.

Lesser known players should get a chance to play with the big name guys. Who you play can sometimes make a difference. Putting all the big dogs in the same groups on Thurs and Fri is unfair to the field.