Thread: Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,746 Posts

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

These people explain it far better than I ever could. This war on drugs is a disease dragging our country down. So many of the problems from systemic racisim, chronic poverty, fatherless homes, violence on the streets, etc are directly caused by this war on drugs.

"Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Really? those problems are caused by the war on drugs? I don’t think so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,746 Posts
    Obviously not 100% of cases but a significant amount of those issues are greatly exacerbated by the war on drugs.

The violence on the streets between drug gangs and dealers is 100% because of the war on drugs. Unless maybe you can tell me the last time Budweiser drove by and shot up Coors for territory. The black market for high demand products will always lead to a lot of violence. You dont have to look any further than alcohol prohibition. Violent crime and incarceration spiked during prohibition and went right back to normal after prohibition. All it really succeeded in doing was making organized crime rich.

The war on drugs is systemic racism because it rewards and encourages police to go after the poorest and most vulnerable. If you want to argue the war on drugs isnt devastating poor black comunities I got a lot more on that but I dont even think its arguable. A drug conviction makes a person a second class citizen. Could get denied education opportunities, any kind of government assistance, and your going to have a hell of a time getting a job. I am not a violent person but there better be a God to stop me if a cop ever tries to make me a second class citizen or enslave me like that.

The war on drugs creates chronic poverty by taking education and employment options over victimless drug crimes. A **** ton of people cant get decent jobs because of a drug conviction. I couldnt promote someone to a 9$ an hour job before because they had a drug conviction for pot. Just getting arrested can cause you to lose your job. Many of these people end up trapped in poverty because they are unhireable despite being qualified for more than a minimum wage job. If you dont think cops know that and intentionally target black people you are naive. There were a bunch of cops in Georgia caught framing black drivers for drug possession. Thing is they targeted specifically black drivers with no criminal record. This went on for 10 years. Just today I posted a story in Cartersville, Georgia where cops arrested 70 black people at a birthday party after finding less than an ounce of weed. Think about it for a second. If you hate black people what better job can you get? I will post the FBI report on white nationalists infiltrating law enforcement a little bit later.

Fatherless homes is an easy one. 46 million people have been arrested for drug possession since the start of the war on drugs. Most of them men. Many of them fathers. Some of them good parents. Its not a reason for every fatherless child but if we just reduced fatherless homes by 10% that would have a big impact and is a very reasonable goal from ending the war on drugs.

I am going to keep posting videos of LEAP members telling their stories. Some of them tell really good examples of what I am talking about.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.