Thread: Outside the box trade idea

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts

Outside the box trade idea

With Pablo Sandoval being relegated to the bench today by the team, I wonder if there could be some kind of trade that could be worked out that would benefit both teams. Sandoval is signed for about $75/mil through 2019, while we have Bourn for $14/mil this year. A swap of bad contracts could be in order. Now, before you start to bash me on the idea. If you have Boston kick in a bunch of cash to cover the later years, which they may be willing to do, or you see if you can get a pitcher with some talent back. Maybe a Clay Bucholtz. Then hopefully, Sandoval can turn into a somewhat decent hitter and play average defense (I know last year and probably his career do not back that up)
    Get off my lawn!

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    If we take Sandoval I want some of their top prospects, not Buchholtz. They probably don't want to trade Clay anyways they need more SP. I'd do Teheran for Sandoval and one of their two catchers+++.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I don't think the Sox need an OFer really at all, so I don't see them doing this.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    I don't think the Sox need an OFer really at all, so I don't see them doing this.
    the idea would be around the reason why we got Bourn/Swisher in the first place. A chance to free up cash at some point.
    Get off my lawn!

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    I have almost as much interest in Sandoval as in Hanley - ALMOST. (Insert dripping sarcasm smilie here.)

Why on earth would we be interested in Sandoval on any level? He's made his money and become even lazier than he was to begin with (the reason the Giants let him go to begin with), his lack of conditioning has made him so bad defensively that he got beat out by a 1B, and now he can't hit from either side. We'd be much better off moving Olivera back to 3B and signing Carlos Gomez to play LF this winter.

If Boston was even interested in swapping bad contracts, they're not likely to have any interest in Bourn - they'd release him immediately. They're already going to have a bad contract OF in the minors in Castillo.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabrave View Post
    If we take Sandoval I want some of their top prospects, not Buchholtz. They probably don't want to trade Clay anyways they need more SP. I'd do Teheran for Sandoval and one of their two catchers+++.

Not no thank you, but *ell no thank you!!!
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Not no thank you, but *ell no thank you!!!
    Well the +++ would be Benentendi and some other good prospect. Him and Swihart would be very tempting to me.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    What is Sandoval weighing in at these days?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Would be a yuge trade...no doubt about that

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Would be a yuge trade...no doubt about that
    if we added on Perez and Chase Mullins, I wonder if that would tip the scale in their favor...

I am pretty sure Julio3000 will be weighing in on this soon