Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reports: Two Dallas Police Officers Shot During Protests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,864 Posts

Dallas Police Officers Shot

Developing
    Last edited by CrimsonCowboy; 07-07-2016 at 10:47 PM.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,864 Posts
    Shooter is still in the area. Police in full armor trying to pursue the suspect. Downtown Dallas is in chaos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,864 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,864 Posts
    Fox 4 out of Dallas saying 3-6 officers injured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,864 Posts
    New reports saying there are negotiations with a second suspect.

Per Fox News, first suspect "neutralized". Not sure what that means.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,864 Posts
    Per KXAS-TV out of Dallas, two officers shot, seven others injured. Dear God, this is awful.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Pathetic and sad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,864 Posts
    Downtown Dallas is in lockdown

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    This is awful. There needs to be a serious discussion about hasty, inflammatory rhetoric from those in power.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    This is terrible, we all agree on that. It's important to wait and see what the evidence shows before we rush to judgement on the cause.
    thank you weso1!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    This is terrible, we all agree on that. It's important to wait and see what the evidence shows before we rush to judgement on the cause.
    I agree on this in general, but there doesn't seem to be much confusion here. Snipers started picking off police officers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,864 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    We didn't gain our independence without killing a few red coats. I am sure many of them were good people relative to their time. Who is a terrorist and who is the hero is a matter of who currently holds the power. This isn't going to end well. It's going to be used as an excuse to further the status quo policies that led to events like this.

Police started this war so I don't feel sorry for them when they suffer some casualties. It might make them mad to hear that but that's the pain they cause families when they shoot their murder their loved new and have to watch the police chief say the officer did nothing wrong. You reap what you sow. We are well past time for some vigilante justice.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    We didn't gain our independence without killing a few red coats. I am sure many of them were good people relative to their time. Who is a terrorist and who is the hero is a matter of who currently holds the power. This isn't going to end well. It's going to be used as an excuse to further the status quo policies that led to events like this.

Police started this war so I don't feel sorry for them when they suffer some casualties. It might make them mad to hear that but that's the pain they cause families when they shoot their murder their loved new and have to watch the police chief say the officer did nothing wrong. You reap what you sow. We are well past time for some vigilante justice.

You're a sad sack of ****. The Dallas cops started and deserved what? Why is it people are racist if they judge all blacks by the actions of a few and hate Muslims if we group all Muslims together but you have no problem grouping all cops together?

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (07-07-2016), Garmel (07-07-2016), jgriff3029 (07-08-2016), NinersSBChamps (07-08-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    i think some not all but some black people are just tired and fed up. Peaceful marches are getting us no where. Many black message boards ive visited people are angry!!!! I really hope white AmeriKKKa starts to take note that enough is enough.

Sorry for the police officers familys as well as all the black men and women's families that have been killed.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njc108 View Post
    i think some not all but some black people are just tired and fed up. Peaceful marches are getting us no where. Many black message boards ive visited people are angry!!!! I really hope white AmeriKKKa starts to take note that enough is enough.

Sorry for the police officers familys as well as all the black men and women's families that have been killed.
    I understand the anger, but this kind of rhetoric only makes it worse. We need real discussions about the issue of police militarization. That is not helped when people scream that cops are racist, and it certainly isn't helped by actions like tonight.

I think the crowd of people upset about what seems to be overreach on the part of police (and I realize that 'overreach' doesn't accurately describe the kind of violence that has taken place) has been growing, but this will not help in any way. Anyone acting as though tonight is justified in some way or what the cops had coming should not be allowed the freedom to walk the streets.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I understand the anger, but this kind of rhetoric only makes it worse. We need real discussions about the issue of police militarization. That is not helped when people scream that cops are racist, and it certainly isn't helped by actions like tonight.

I think the crowd of people upset about what seems to be overreach on the part of police (and I realize that 'overreach' doesn't accurately describe the kind of violence that has taken place) has been growing, but this will not help in any way. Anyone acting as though tonight is justified in some way or what the cops had coming should not be allowed the freedom to walk the streets.
    I think there are some cops that are racist. So discussing police militarization, which I totally agree with you by the way, isn't gonna fix it.

People will just argue cops need all this firepower because gangs and bad guys have it. Thus the argument goes in full circle.

There's a legitimate fear that if not for camera phones and what not, it's police vs citizens and police can get rid of evidence immediately. I can't even imagine how many cover ups there have been because we didn't have body cams or dash cams and it's police word vs citizens.

The other thing is people defend police as being regular people and having families but ignore when police do things above the law which hurts regulae families and get away with it. Then it goes back to they're human they make mistakes but when people die those mistakes can't be fixed.
    Forever Fredi

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-08-2016)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,773 Posts
    I posted here a few years ago about a time I was pulled over coming home from the gym after midnighy and had 2 officers point their guns at me because they tagged my plate wrong. I've been pulled over several times because I drive an early 2000s grand am which a lot of officers associate with hood thugs.

They called 8 cops in all handcuffed me put me in the back seat and found nothihg. When I complained to HQ they changed and edited their stories and the reports because someone majorly ****ed up.

I can't imagine what would've happened if I was a short tempered black person I may have died that night because both officers had guns pointed and spotlight on me.

All because the idiot tagged the wrong plate in another state. Just a horrible experience. They accused me of stealing the car from my dad, they said my dad reported the car stolen earlier etc. I live 2 minutes from the gym. My dad was home knows I go to gym late. Just utter bs. And one of their cops pulled me over a month later who was there when that f up happened and gave me a bs ticket after I had reported my story to HQ. Said I didn't come to a complete stop at a 4 way when I always always am analysis avout complete stops and turn signals. He drove a whole mile to catch up and pull me over 20 seconds from my house.
    Forever Fredi

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-08-2016), Julio3000 (07-07-2016), Metaphysicist (07-08-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    I posted here a few years ago about a time I was pulled over coming home from the gym after midnighy and had 2 officers point their guns at me because they tagged my plate wrong. I've been pulled over several times because I drive an early 2000s grand am which a lot of officers associate with hood thugs.

They called 8 cops in all handcuffed me put me in the back seat and found nothihg. When I complained to HQ they changed and edited their stories and the reports because someone majorly ****ed up.

I can't imagine what would've happened if I was a short tempered black person I may have died that night because both officers had guns pointed and spotlight on me.

All because the idiot tagged the wrong plate in another state. Just a horrible experience. They accused me of stealing the car from my dad, they said my dad reported the car stolen earlier etc. I live 2 minutes from the gym. My dad was home knows I go to gym late. Just utter bs. And one of their cops pulled me over a month later who was there when that f up happened and gave me a bs ticket after I had reported my story to HQ. Said I didn't come to a complete stop at a 4 way when I always always am analysis avout complete stops and turn signals. He drove a whole mile to catch up and pull me over 20 seconds from my house.
    I don't know what would have changed had you been a short-tempered black person. You were treated wrongly, and this incident highlights the issue of police militarization.

My point is that saying things like, 'I may have died that night' if you had been black, does not help. We don't know if that's the case, and it only inflames racial tension.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-07-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post

Omg. Are you ok?!!!
    thank you weso1!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (07-08-2016)