Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
Which is comical.

What characters did you love after ANH? Vader and Han. That's about it. Luke was a whiny baby. Leia was about as one dimensional of a Mary Sue as humanly possible.

TFA introduces one of the best main protagonists in Rey. What everyone wishes Anakin in the prequels had been in Ren, a brand new to star wars trope of a defector brainwashed trooper, who just so happens to be fantastic, and a slightly different take on the cocky ace pilot. I said slightly mind you, I know Poe is still heavily drenched in Han Solo. But you care about all of these characters. When Ren nearly kills Finn, you deeply care. When you find out Poe isn't dead you care, and that's important.
How about everyone? Everyone in TFA aside from the two I mentioned are either severely underdeveloped or just there to advance plot or spout exposition.

Yeah, totally cared about Poe, the guy who spent like five minutes in the movie. Great stuff! Oh, and I of course felt a deep connection to Cpt. Phasma and her 2 scenes.

Finn should have been cool, but his character goes nowhere and his background and conflict with it isn't explored enough. Maybe in the next film.