Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I enjoy Joe. I am not sure why. I recognize that he isn't particularly insightful, and he certainly seems to be in the crotchety old man stage of life. Maybe it's simply because he is so familiar.

I wish Chip would retire or switch over to announcing dog shows or fishing tournaments. It's hard for joy to live within earshot of his voice.
    Here is the issue.

Chip knows he has this job for life because of Skip's connection to Braves Fans. He has to screw up big time to lose this job. So he doesn't ever push back against Joe in the booth. 1) Because Joe was a longtime colleague with his dad at Turner. and 2) He doesn't wanna step on anyone's toes. The reason Joe has gotten worse and worse since being paired with Chip, is because Chip always sets up questions and what not to simply agree with Joe. He lays the groundwork for all questions so Joe's opinion is pretty much accepted. It's rare to see Chip even respectfully disagree with Joe. He asks Joe a question, Joe gives na answer and Chip either submits to that answer or enthusiastically rides behind the idea.

At least Sciambi was an outsider so he wasn't afraid to draw his own opinions on air.
    Forever Fredi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Jaw (07-31-2018), Managuarantano's Volunteers (07-31-2018), Metaphysicist (08-03-2018)