455 Posts
    Well that sucked.

Lets go the flip home

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Well, that’s a rap (up side the Braves’ heads).

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,392 Posts
    I think the Phil’s are just a better team. Guys who don’t swing wildly at every pitch and makes the pitcher work. The staff is pretty solid too. Pen probably weaker but they are owning teams they should instead of barely beating teams. The Braves just embody their manager. Lazy and just show up and hope they play really good.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I think the Phil’s are just a better team. Guys who don’t swing wildly at every pitch and makes the pitcher work. The staff is pretty solid too. Pen probably weaker but they are owning teams they should instead of barely beating teams. The Braves just embody their manager. Lazy and just show up and hope they play really good.
    They've punked our punk asses twice. It's not a fluke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,738 Posts
    Braves have made it past the 1st round 1 time with Acuna. They won a WS without him. He's a great player, but he can't win games when it counts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,564 Posts
    Comical. The Braves had the best RD in the NL, and about 20 runs better than the Phillies before these last two games. I guess two games is a large enough sample size at this point to make that conclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,564 Posts
    There’s bitching and hating when the team is struggling, and then there’s being a flat out pussy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Comical. The Braves had the best RD in the NL, and about 20 runs better than the Phillies before these last two games. I guess two games is a large enough sample size at this point to make that conclusion.
    And you throw out games... they're better now by 2.5 f'n games and they've sent us home 2 years in a row.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,738 Posts
    Here's some RD for you... Phillies +22 in postseason vs braves the last 2 years. They can claim us as a dependent on their taxes

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,392 Posts
    Why move the goal post. You can’t throw out games to fit your perceived narratives. If you are going to use RD. Then use it counting all the games.

If the Braves can get their guys going then I think the teams are really close. But with strider out and the entire offense on spring break I am calling a spade a spade.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,564 Posts
    Why move the goal post. You can’t throw out games to fit your perceived narratives. If you are going to use RD. Then use it counting all the games.

If the Braves can get their guys going then I think the teams are really close. But with strider out and the entire offense on spring break I am calling a spade a spade.
    It’s called sample size. Braves had a far better run differential before this weekend, and we still have 5 months left in the season. Weird **** happens over small samples, I thought anyone who was a veteran baseball watcher would understand this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,564 Posts
    It took one week for this board to be on suicide watch. I think that’s a new record.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,738 Posts
    It took one week for this board to be on suicide watch. I think that’s a new record.
    Maybe you missed the last 2 seasons... the Phillies sent us home CONVINCINGLY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,738 Posts
    It’s called sample size. Braves had a far better run differential before this weekend, and we still have 5 months left in the season. Weird **** happens over small samples, I thought anyone who was a veteran baseball watcher would understand this.
    Let's make a SSS smaller by throwing out some games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,738 Posts
    When Acuna, Riley, and Olson are better than decent mlb players, I'll buy back in. They aren't crap right now though, so no, I'm not buying stock in the braves

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,392 Posts
    Right. It is called sample size. Like when an insane ozuna carried this team. Now he is normalizing but no one else is. These three games or four or five doesn’t change the fact that the Phils have been closing the gap.

And I am far from worried. I don’t need the Braves to be happy. So I don’t have to homer this season and say everything will be alright. Just close your eyes and count to ten and it will be all better. Bad seasons happen. Maybe it will make twit retire. Who knows. Maybe they get the wild card and catch fire. I will be here for it all. But the Phil’s right now are a superior team.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,564 Posts
    Right. It is called sample size. Like when an insane ozuna carried this team. Now he is normalizing but no one else is. These three games or four or five doesn’t change the fact that the Phils have been closing the gap.

And I am far from worried. I don’t need the Braves to be happy. So I don’t have to homer this season and say everything will be alright. Just close your eyes and count to ten and it will be all better. Bad seasons happen. Maybe it will make twit retire. Who knows. Maybe they get the wild card and catch fire. I will be here for it all. But the Phil’s right now are a superior team.
    You’re right. Saying the sky is falling is a much better approach. We don’t have multiple seasons worth of data to tell us that the players on this team are very good or anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,564 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe you missed the last 2 seasons... the Phillies sent us home CONVINCINGLY
    So ****ing what? More SSS nonsense.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,392 Posts
    You’re right. Saying the sky is falling is a much better approach. We don’t have multiple seasons worth of data to tell us that the players on this team are very good or anything.
    What the hell else do you want to talk about then. Moral victories that Olson didn’t strike out today. Twit only took one nap. It is ok to be negative and positive.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,564 Posts
    What the hell else do you want to talk about then. Moral victories that Olson didn’t strike out today. Twit only took one nap. It is ok to be negative and positive.
    I’m simply asking for msstate not to msstate for once, and we definitely don’t need two of him.