Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    oy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,748 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I highly doubt Cohen ran every single detail of his dealings by Trump first. Trump could literally have told him to do what you need to make the issue go away, and let Cohen handle everything from there. ****, since Cohen is a serial liar, Cohen could have (gasp) even lied to Trump! Is that.... possible? That a serial liar could.... lie?

Regardless oif of all that, you still need physical evidence, of which the prosecution has none. Only the testimony of known liar and thief and some tapes that literally say nothing but vague information.

Theres not really any point in discussing it with you. You have decided what you want to believe and are just spouting talking points. Theres no doubt Cohen didnt run every detail through Trump but when it comes to six figure payouts theres no one thats going to pay out 100k+ without assurances they would be paid back. If the juries making their decision based on whether they think Cohen was acting alone or at the direction of Trump I am confident they will see it my way. I get that you people really want to hammer home that Cohen has been convicted and admitted to perjury but it really doesnt mean much when all of those instances were when he was working for and in good standing with Trump. Its not uncommon for one crook to testify against their co-conspirators. Let me tell you the conviction rate of people who are accused by co-conspirators is pretty high. And every single one of that instances the witness is a crook and a liar. And again, if the jury is deciding the case based on who they think is lying Cohen or Trump I like my odds on that.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    oy
    This is what the Obama camp is saying/thinking.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This is what the Obama camp is saying/thinking.
    Hussain is a crypto-Jew. His tribe speaks a Cu****ic language.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    LOLOLOL!!!!! This case is such a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts
    So Cohen wasn't lying about the phone call. Not a good look for Todd Blanche and calling Costello was a mistake, like the lawyers knew it would be.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Between this and not allowing any campaign finance experts to take the stand without severe restrictions we all see where this is headed.

Many of you believe all of this is legit. lol

Last edited by Garmel; 05-22-2024 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    I’m not reading through 23 pages of this thread but here’s my two cents on all this:

I simply don’t buy into the notion that Trump did anything *illegal* following the 2020 election. I think he acted *poorly* and can’t believe so many refuse to accept that, but I think he was careful enough to not commit a crime. As such, I find those two cases to be dumb.

I believe Trump knew about, and probably was at least passively involved in the Stormy Daniels payment. Maybe he gets off anyway, but I don’t believe for a second that he didn’t know. That all said, campaign finance law violations are all ****ing over the place, and usually people just aren’t quite this dumb about it. Trump is just really good at saying a bunch of quiet parts out loud and surrounding himself with idiots who do the same.

The documents thing is pretty overblown, but he probably broke the law. I wouldn’t have chosen to fight this in court if I were the DOJ.

The discourse around these cases is absolutely ****ing bananas. I don't see how can dismiss them as illegal witch hunts, but I also can’t see how people can think Trump should face prison time or be taken off ballots for anything presented. Which is basically how everything has been for the past 9 ****ing years at this point. I can’t wait until Trump and Biden finally just ****ing croak and we can hopefully at least move on to terrible people who are not senile old men.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

zbhargrove (05-22-2024)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I’m not reading through 23 pages of this thread but here’s my two cents on all this:

I simply don’t buy into the notion that Trump did anything *illegal* following the 2020 election. I think he acted *poorly* and can’t believe so many refuse to accept that, but I think he was careful enough to not commit a crime. As such, I find those two cases to be dumb.

I believe Trump knew about, and probably was at least passively involved in the Stormy Daniels payment. Maybe he gets off anyway, but I don’t believe for a second that he didn’t know. That all said, campaign finance law violations are all ****ing over the place, and usually people just aren’t quite this dumb about it. Trump is just really good at saying a bunch of quiet parts out loud and surrounding himself with idiots who do the same.

The documents thing is pretty overblown, but he probably broke the law. I wouldn’t have chosen to fight this in court if I were the DOJ.

The discourse around these cases is absolutely ****ing bananas. I don't see how can dismiss them as illegal witch hunts, but I also can’t see how people can think Trump should face prison time or be taken off ballots for anything presented. Which is basically how everything has been for the past 9 ****ing years at this point. I can’t wait until Trump and Biden finally just ****ing croak and we can hopefully at least move on to terrible people who are not senile old men.
    This aligns closely with my thoughts as well. Well said.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts
    I personally can’t wait for the assassination discourse when Trump dies. Thats going to make the witch hunt accusations look small by comparison.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    The dems are using poor legal theory to go after their political opponents (Trump mostly) in order to affect the 2024 election.

If you don't understand that you're living in an alternate reality.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts
    I know it’s quite odd given how many online legal experts there seem to be these days, but I won’t pretend one way or another if the legal theory is sound. I’m sure the courts can figure that out better than chopcountry.com

I would agree with you that these charges seem politically motivated. Whether he broke the law or not (again not my field of expertise), none of these seem to warrant prison time nor keep Trump off the ballot. On that basis alone, I think this is going to hurt (D), especially since Biden doesn’t exactly come across as a Boy Scout.

I look forward to an election where the focus isn’t which candidate should be in prison for the longest. Maybe 2028.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I’m sure the courts can figure that out better than chopcountry.com
    Indeed. I see his actions in a more malign light than you do. But I think the legal system is capable of rendering justice even in these politically charged cases.

If he gets acquitted in the various cases, I won't be going around complaining about the unfairness of the judges/juries involved.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Indeed. I see his actions in a more malign light than you do. But I think the legal system is capable of rendering justice even in these politically charged cases.

If he gets acquitted in the various cases, I won't be going around complaining about the unfairness of the judges/juries involved.
    How could you?

This whole trial (and almost all others) have decks completely stacked against Trump. If you don't get the outcome you wanted its because the cases were absolutely bull**** from day 1.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I know it’s quite odd given how many online legal experts there seem to be these days, but I won’t pretend one way or another if the legal theory is sound. I’m sure the courts can figure that out better than chopcountry.com

I would agree with you that these charges seem politically motivated. Whether he broke the law or not (again not my field of expertise), none of these seem to warrant prison time nor keep Trump off the ballot. On that basis alone, I think this is going to hurt (D), especially since Biden doesn’t exactly come across as a Boy Scout.

I look forward to an election where the focus isn’t which candidate should be in prison for the longest. Maybe 2028.
    If they're politically motivated trials as you've seen there's a good reason not to trust the courts.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    And it's not a conspiracy theory to believe that areas that are 85%+ blue are not areas where a conservative can always get a fair trial.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    And it's not a conspiracy theory to believe that areas that are 85%+ blue are not areas where a conservative can always get a fair trial.
    Its also not a conspiracy to see everything these monsters have done to Trump since 2015 and assume its still happening.

But when you look at the pipe burst as an innocent event you'll have blinders for the rest of the nonsense.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Its also not a conspiracy to see everything these monsters have done to Trump since 2015 and assume its still happening.

But when you look at the pipe burst as an innocent event you'll have blinders for the rest of the nonsense.
    Exactly. Why in the world does anybody give the courts/law officials the benefit of the doubt when we've seen what they've done?