Page 41 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351911415411041 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    That's probably true, but I"m afraid he also understands it much better than Donald Trump does and he has already figured out how to manipulate Trump like a $2 fiddle, ie his (hubris). I hope I"m wrong, but anybody Vlad likes I pretty much just automatically dislike.
    I think we've been systematically programmed to do that. I don't think Putin is a friend to the west but I don't thunk they are the most dangerous enemy either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And yes - Trump doesn't know **** about any of this. I hope his cabinet does though. Obama proved that between him and his cabinet they had no clue how to handle geo political issues

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...209-story.html

This "blame the Russians" campaign is really quite comical. But man is it systematic.

The claim is that they conspired against the US people by providing them information... no challenge of the accuracy, not that the emails were untrue, just that it was information. That's rich. The American people were tricked into voting for Trump because they knew the truth about Hillary.

How dare they use such cunning. The truth has no place in an open and fair election.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...209-story.html

This "blame the Russians" campaign is really quite comical. But man is it systematic.

The claim is that they conspired against the US people by providing them information... no challenge of the accuracy, not that the emails were untrue, just that it was information. That's rich. The American people were tricked into voting for Trump because they knew the truth about Hillary.

How dare they use such cunning. The truth has no place in an open and fair election.
    It's getting serious now. We are going to see massive riots on inauguration day because the crying left doesn't know how to take a loss. They are doing their best to take the electing results and throw them in the trash.

I'll be curious to see what comes of this investigation into how many illegals actually voted in the election.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    How to get into Trump's cabinet:

1. Be a billionarie

2. Have ties to Goldman Sachs

3. Promote the same trade policies as Bernie Sanders

If you're Ted Cruz, espouse free-market captialism, and your wife is a former Goldman Sachs empolyee you're obviously a corrupt liar and your Dad killed JFK.

It seems Donald is drowning in the proverbial swamp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Trump has definitely succumb to Washington influence. I can only hope enacted policies will represent what he campaigned on.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    At least Putin doesn't have a 1000+ year ideology he is married to to destroy all infidels. He's obviously not a good person but I think one that can actually be reasoned with for the well-being of the world. We are again seeing this one-sided media reporting in order to further destabilize the legitimacy of the election. Basically, the left is doing everything which they admonished Trump for even suggesting.
    Ummm. Eh, never mind I'll leave it and walk away.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Ew, I never took you for an Occupy Democrats type.

But to answer the question posed in the meme: ever heard of John McCain and Lindsey Graham?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...in-us-election

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    The narrative that's going to come out of this is he's too friendly with Russia, but why else do you dislike the pick?

I know nothing about him.
    I'm extremely pro-Russia, but I dislike the Tillerson pick because he has no formal experience to speak of and he brings the interests of a loathsome corporate 'group' into a position that they will likely leverage to their benefit. Trump chose him because he wanted a proven negotiator in the role, which to me signals that he's likely to push forward with campaign promises to essentially use the military as a for-profit mercenary force.

More concerning is Bolton as deputy. He's an anti-UN lunatic who was influential in the whole Iraq WMD debacle and has a bone to pick with Iran. You have to pray Tillerson is as talented as advertised, because Bolton (who will essentially be running day-to-day operations) is going to be kicking the hornets nest with gusto. Syria will be first up and there will be a great deal of negotiation with the Russians over things that have nothing to do with Syria and more to do with Europe and our defense systems there. Expect sanctions to be peeled back.

It's a sad day when State becomes a tool for advancing US interests abroad instead of a transnational coalition building mechanism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Ew, I never took you for an Occupy Democrats type.

But to answer the question posed in the meme: ever heard of John McCain and Lindsey Graham?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...in-us-election
    I'm not, a lot of my facebook friends are. Saw it and find it amusing.

McCain and GRaham are senators. THey weren't on the house committees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    If the CIA has all this evidence they need to run it over to the congress for an investigation... they haven't done so.

But I love that we blame the messenger rather than the message.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    I've never seen so much crying in my life... it's legit absurd how soft the left is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    If the CIA has all this evidence they need to run it over to the congress for an investigation... they haven't done so.

But I love that we blame the messenger rather than the message.
    http://crooksandliars.com/2016/12/mi...hed-disclosure

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,288 Posts
    I've never seen so much crying in my life... it's legit absurd how soft the left is

I really wish sports Twitter would quit using their platform for unintelligent political discourse. It's one thing if it's Bomani Jones or Lebatard who have made a living playing in the gray area. It's an entirely other thing to read people like Aaron Schatz, Jeff Sullivan, etc. dive into topics where their opinion doesn't serve any purpose beyond shouting into the void.

Didn't Curt Schilling lose his job for being too political on social media?

FWIW, I have no interest in hearing the opinions of conservative sports media either. I don't think you should use the ESPN, Fox, Fangraphs, etc. brand as a portal to round up followers than inundate them with political hot takes.
    Last edited by chop2chip; 12-10-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

They've been exposed for the whiny children they are. It's time for the grown ups to govern again. Hopefully the world puts behind this brand of liberalism/progressiveism.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I really wish sports Twitter would quit using their platform for unintelligent political discourse. It's one thing if it's Bomani Jones or Lebatard who have made a living playing in the gray area. It's an entirely other thing to read people like Aaron Schatz, Jeff Sullivan, etc. dive into topics where their opinion doesn't serve any purpose beyond shouting into the void.

FWIW, I have no interest in hearing the opinions of conservative sports media either. I don't think you should use the ESPN, Fox, Fangraphs, etc. brand as a portal to round up followers than inundate them with political hot takes.
    I'm sure you've realized but it's OK to call out the conservatives on their BS but it's professional suicide to do so to the libs. The ultimate double standard that has been pushed the last eight years.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

That's the ole double standard you hear so much about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    That's the ole double standard you hear so much about.
    It goes for being racist and hateful as well. The world has seen this hypocrisy and rejected it. Libs are doing everything they can to reject it because their time in power is over and nothing in the cards show they will get it back for a long time.

Their mishandling of the world the last 8 years has made the everyone's lives in the western world more unsafe. They were an absolute disaster and now it's up to more sensable less ideological minds to fix it.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I think we've been systematically programmed to do that. I don't think Putin is a friend to the west but I don't thunk they are the most dangerous enemy either.
    No, WE are our own worst enemy and #2 is way far down on the list. And you're absolutely right we have been programmed in many ways/areas but to me the #1 area where we've been programmed is to split into like minded groups of Americans who hate and lambaste other Americans from different groups, just because we don't agree on everything. Thank talk radio for starting that process though lots of others have joined in the fun.

So, you're right on several points, but the one area where you VERY wrong is that now the adults are in charge. The left may be immature and whiny but clearly you haven't been paying attention to what your own party has been doing for the past 8 years. If you or your party wants to lead please do, we need it, but nobody wants to be a real leader they only want to fatten their own pocketbook and not answer for any of their own sins because "we aren't any worse than they are". Fix that and you'll take a big step towards fixing the country.