Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well Here It Is

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Don't let Obama off the hook. He knew about it and choose not to do anything about it.
    I don't see how this is productive thinking at all. Blaming Obama now doesn't solve anything.

This is about Trump taking a stand for democracy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    The Trump/Russia relationship definitely concerns me, but this idea that Russia impacted the election through wikileaks is absurd. Clinton lost mostly because of these reasons:

1) The polls were wrong in key states - Hillary clearly needed to spend more time in the upper midwest. She chose not to do so based on polling data. Had she put more time and resources into these states she likely would have won.

2) Email Server/Weiner - This odd coalescence of events greatly impacted Hillary's trustworthiness. Almost all of which was her own doing. Her response to the email server was awful. And her favorability suffered because of it.

3) Trump's America first strategy - Trump's nationalist populism was the right play at the time and played well in almost every key state.

The only thing the wikileaks would have effected is Hillary's trustworthiness, but that was already low due to a myriad of events unrelated to wikileaks.
    thank you weso1!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (12-17-2016)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I don't see how this is productive thinking at all. Blaming Obama now doesn't solve anything.

This is about Trump taking a stand for democracy.

Obama is the sitting president right now. He shouldn't call a press conference?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Obama is the sitting president right now. He shouldn't call a press conference?
    He's got what? 30 days?

Besides, he held a pressed yesterday. That doesn't accomplish much.

This is an ongoing issue that Trump is responsible for correcting. Time to prove his doubters wrong.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Obama's legacy will.be saved.by repealing Obamacare. The end result of government Healthcare is the government will start restricting more and more things they deem unhealthy because it's taxing the Healthcare system. Not in any way different than the war on drugs, the war on food is coming. In many ways it's already started. I have seen CPS threatening a father because he wouldn't verbally commit to not give his daughter a diet soda.
    it seems thus far the plan to replace ACA (Obamacare) is to repeal it in name only but changing nothing for at least 2 years if not up 4 years and thus far it seems they are just going to rename it by calling ACA something else and stop calling it Obamacare.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-21-2016)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Time to prove his doubters wrong.
    i would say after seeing the types of people he put in charge we are far from doubters now
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    LOL!

The left is so mad about Trump being president they just can't stand it. This is akin to the Birther movement...so don't be a bunch of hypocritical conspiracy theorists.
    This is my signature. Savs intolerance gets me banned from the Real Talk forums. This is the kind of censorship that doomed the scout site. Don't let Sav censor us anymore. End of signature.

[SAV checking in here. toma has been acting like a child, thus the child goes into timeout until he stops acting like a child. 11/21 12:30am]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Ah, the Left.
    How lazy

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    LOL!

The left is so mad about Trump being president they just can't stand it. This is akin to the Birther movement...so don't be a bunch of hypocritical conspiracy theorists.
    I forget, tell me again who was the loudest voice in the birther movement?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-21-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    57, got a suggestion for what to call them? Want "patriots" or "the intelligent" or "the truly good people"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    57, got a suggestion for what to call them? Want "patriots" or "the intelligent" or "the truly good people"?
    The morallous superious

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-17-2016), Garmel (12-17-2016)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I've always been kinda partial to "The Vril", but hey that's just me.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-17-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    it seems thus far the plan to replace ACA (Obamacare) is to repeal it in name only but changing nothing for at least 2 years if not up 4 years and thus far it seems they are just going to rename it by calling ACA something else and stop calling it Obamacare.

You are right. Obamacare will never be repealed. I am still laughing at people from 2012 who thought Mitt Romney was going to eliminate Obamacare if he was elected. Obamacare is the goose that lays golden eggs for them.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Tomahawking4life (12-17-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    ^^^ And I saw it on Facebook so it can't be Fake News.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    ^^^ And I saw it on Facebook so it can't be Fake News.
    Good point.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,001 Posts
    I don't think the hacking had much to do with the outcome of the election, but it was mentioned during the campaign so I don't get this empty complaint from some quarters that Obama didn't do enough. I think Comey's re-igniting of the e-mail scandal did more damage to Clinton (and Nate Silver thinks to seem that turned the election), but I am hard pressed to believe that did her in either. There turned out to be holes in her Blue Wall with Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin going for Trump and there are likely a variety of reasons that happened. She got gobbled up by a perfect storm of forces.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-21-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    "Her supporters can’t seem to fathom that when you nominate a candidate most Americans distrust; who piously preaches “public service” while getting wealthy off government connections; who told her core voters that she planned to put them out of work; who poured money into states she had no chance of winning while ignoring states she needed to win; who insulted millions of Americans and spent most of her speeches denigrating her opponent; who seemed, as one Ohio Democrat put it, to care more about transgender bathrooms than whether blue collar workers had jobs; and who was under FBI investigation for mishandling classified information – and whose excuse was that she wasn’t intentionally criminal, just incompetent – then she might legitimately lose."

Link

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    "Her supporters can’t seem to fathom that when you nominate a candidate most Americans distrust; who piously preaches “public service” while getting wealthy off government connections; who told her core voters that she planned to put them out of work; who poured money into states she had no chance of winning while ignoring states she needed to win; who insulted millions of Americans and spent most of her speeches denigrating her opponent; who seemed, as one Ohio Democrat put it, to care more about transgender bathrooms than whether blue collar workers had jobs; and who was under FBI investigation for mishandling classified information – and whose excuse was that she wasn’t intentionally criminal, just incompetent – then she might legitimately lose."

Link
    I don't agree with every single point there, especially the denigrating her opponent, after all how do you denigrate someone whose favorite terms/phrases are "Yuge, Crooked Hillary, and Lyin' Ted", but I do agree with the great majority of them. THE main issue in this past election was jobs and that's where she was arguably weakest and while I don't really believe for a second Trump is going to make things much, if any better, I do think he MIGHT and we are to a point as a nation where apparently that's enough. I just hope I"m wrong about him and that he turns out to be at least good and hopefully great. I don't believe it, but it's one of those things where we all (hopefully) do better if he keeps those campaign promises.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-17-2016), jpx7 (12-21-2016)

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I don't think Russia cost Hillary the election. She lost on her own. Russia did not make her keep classified information on a private server in her bathroom. Russia did not make her call one fourth of the American electorate deplorable and irredeemable and Russia did not make her basically ignore swing states like WI, MI and PA. She might have won if she wasn't so busy trying to lose.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to FreemanFan For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-17-2016)