Page 194 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 941441841921931941951962042442946941194 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Obamacare will fail because it is a horrible piece of legislation... then the government will rescue us with single payer - because the left will blame all private business on the failure of Obamacare... and the majority of the country will be stupid enough to believe them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (03-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post

Because the GOP obstructing public option/single payer for as long as they did and then suddenly make a power play to try and be the heroes, would not sit very well with the liberal establishment even if it is what they want in the end.
    So... party over country, then?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    LOL "cuts"
    I'd be all for it. What good is food stamps if you're dead or severely ill because you kept holding off on going to the doctor and waited too long?
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    I'd be all for it. What good is food stamps if you're dead or severely ill because you kept holding off on going to the doctor and waited too long?
    You'll be all for it until 57 posts a tweet about some random poor person getting some random entitlement taken away from them

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (03-27-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I'd also be in favor of regulating Food Stamps. The Soda Lobby makes a decent amount because they keep blocking any changes against purchasing sugar drinks.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Trupm is going to try and replace Tillerson with Ivanka for Secretary of State. You know he is just dying to do this.

She can fly around and do nothing as well as anybody and she already has a security detail.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    You'll be all for it until 57 posts a tweet about some random poor person getting some random entitlement taken away from them
    What does 57's tweets have anything to do with my political views? I probably acknowledge one of his tweet posts maybe once out of every 60 he posts. The ones I do quote or acknowledge are usually just funny ironies about #45.

You're the one that groups all liberals into a bubble. Yet I don't group you with the other conservatives.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    What does 57's tweets have anything to do with my political views? I probably acknowledge one of his tweet posts maybe once out of every 60 he posts. The ones I do quote or acknowledge are usually just funny ironies about #45.

You're the one that groups all liberals into a bubble. Yet I don't group you with the other conservatives.
    How do you feel about Trump's proposed budget cuts

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    So... party over country, then?
    That's politics buddy. Pelosi and Reid actually worked with Bush 43 on a lot of stuff. Obama was not as fortunate to receive that type of bipartisanship from the opposition because they knew it would be game over if they worked with him.

I'm not saying I endorse those types of tactics. You must have missed where I said if Trump achieves Single-Payer I'd probably vote for him and then an up and down vote for all Blue for Congress. I have more faith in a Blue Congress working with a Red President than a Blue President working with a Red Congress. Clinton somehow managed to get it to work, but we saw what the Opposition's tactics were against Obama the first day he took office.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    How do you feel about Trump's proposed budget cuts
    Well you're not gonna like this... but I'm pro-PBS, pro-Arts. I'm also not a fan of him gutting the EPA and NASA's Planetary Science budget. I don't think the free market would police itself on big environmental concerns. You do, and you don't need to link Ron Paul's argument video for it.

I'm also against furthering the inflation of the military-industrial complex as you.

And anyone that's worth a damn in the scientific community has already called out Trump for his NASA/Mars bill. They've already said it changes next to nothing from what has already been in the works and was moreso just a photo-op.

The awkward part here is Mattis has admitted that climate change is causing havoc on the world already especially in the middle east. This was something the Breitbart crowd was mocking Obama for saying. Mattis was very careful in what he was saying to not completely contradict his Boss's stance on climate change. Tillerson at Exxon admitted climate science was a legit thing.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Obamacare will fail because it is a horrible piece of legislation... then the government will rescue us with single payer - because the left will blame all private business on the failure of Obamacare... and the majority of the country will be stupid enough to believe them.
    That had to be the original intent. And it was candidate Obama's announced strategy. And it sure looks like Trump is playing along with that plan too....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Jaw (03-28-2017), sturg33 (03-27-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    LOL "cuts"

I think the only true cuts favored by most on the Left are to the Pentagon. Nothing else. To support such would go against their political philosophy, no?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (03-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Political philosophy yes, Obama learned that any sign of compromise will be taken as weakness.

Limbaugh created that atmosphere

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    For those wanting to follow Trump in the gallup polls

http://www.gallup.com/poll/201617/ga...-approval.aspx

Trending up for disapproval... trending down for approval.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Well you're not gonna like this... but I'm pro-PBS, pro-Arts. I'm also not a fan of him gutting the EPA and NASA's Planetary Science budget. I don't think the free market would police itself on big environmental concerns. You do, and you don't need to link Ron Paul's argument video for it.

I'm also against furthering the inflation of the military-industrial complex as you.

And anyone that's worth a damn in the scientific community has already called out Trump for his NASA/Mars bill. They've already said it changes next to nothing from what has already been in the works and was moreso just a photo-op.

The awkward part here is Mattis has admitted that climate change is causing havoc on the world already especially in the middle east. This was something the Breitbart crowd was mocking Obama for saying. Mattis was very careful in what he was saying to not completely contradict his Boss's stance on climate change. Tillerson at Exxon admitted climate science was a legit thing.
    So you said you'd be in favor of cuts... yet the non-defense cuts proposed you're against.

I can't imagine a realistic scenario in which you would endorse cuts that are outside of the pentagon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    That had to be the original intent. And it was candidate Obama's announced strategy. And it sure looks like Trump is playing along with that plan too....
    You ever notice that everything the government does always has to be "reformed" because it is always a failure? And the solution is to always double down

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I think Bedell is big-picture correct. Liberals aren't going to sign on to a shotgun approach to cutting non-defense discretionary spending. Take a granular look at proposed cuts in that area and I'm sure I can find something that we'd agree on . . . but yeah, I'm not going to ignore defense and entitlements and say we should gut the State Dept, EPA, NIH, etc . . . particularly when there's NOTHING else on the table.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    So you said you'd be in favor of cuts... yet the non-defense cuts proposed you're against.

I can't imagine a realistic scenario in which you would endorse cuts that are outside of the pentagon.
    Already told you. I'm not against cutting, but completely gutting to almost the brink of extinction is another thing.

Reduction is an entirely different concept than elimination. You want to eliminate all departments. I'm totally fine with cutting excess bulk and optimizing departments. But I'd have to look at it line by line.
    Forever Fredi

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    You ever notice that everything the government does always has to be "reformed" because it is always a failure? And the solution is to always double down
    I think the worst parts of the ACA were the parts that were essentially sops to private-sector interest groups, i.e. an individual mandate without a public option (a sop to insurers) and the continued inability of the government to negotiate drug prices with manufacturers (a sop to Big Pharma). Reforming those aspects would greatly improve individuals' market power, but something tells me you'd be more concerned with the loss of freedom on the part of the business interests involved. So you could see the most sensible reforms as "doubling down" or you could see them as fixing inefficient and inequitable corporate welfare.

So Medicare is in need of "reform," as you say, but your position is that we're better off with the status quo ante. Same thing with the ACA. Good luck selling that to America.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Already told you. I'm not against cutting, but completely gutting to almost the brink of extinction is another thing.

Reduction is an entirely different concept than elimination. You want to eliminate all departments. I'm totally fine with cutting excess bulk and optimizing departments. But I'd have to look at it line by line.
    The funny thing is cutting those departments at the proposal takes us back to like 2014 levels.

The horror!