Thread: Realists

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,546 Posts
    There rarely is a magic year like some are saying 2020 will be. Last to first in one season doesn't happen. Except very rarely.

At the major league level, my wish is for improved production from the guys we are building the team around: Freeman, Teheran, Inciarte, Swanson, Folty. By the way the fact I list these guys as the building blocks does not mean they are on a don't trade list. Everyone is tradeable if the price is right. But these guys are our major assets at the major league level, and I want their production to be such that their value goes up.

Similarly, I care more about certain guys in the minors. Albies, Soroka, Allard, Acuna, Anderson, Maitan. These are the guys who constitute the bulk of the value of our minor league system. I'm always happy when some unheralded guy (like a Prado) develops unexpectedly. But the success of the rebuild will largely depend on the current high value assets both in the majors and minors holding that value or optimistically appreciating some.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-24-2017 at 03:05 PM.