Page 572 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 724725225625705715725735745826226721072 ... LastLast
Results 11,421 to 11,440 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Hawk (12-15-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    When the facts don't back your bull****:

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-16-2017)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

This might be controversial, but I believe we should be embracing science and evidence when combatting infectious diseases.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-16-2017), Julio3000 (12-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    What is the communities thoughts on the Visa lottery and chain migration? Keep these two acts?
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts

Looks to be following the lead of our esteemed higher education establishments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Agreed. The CIA has a long history of disrupting elections and installing right-wing leaders; there's no reason we should suddenly distrust them.
    This is a post from [MENTION=108]jpx7[/MENTION] back on 12/12/2016. I don't believe JPX7 has commented on the FBI/DOG revelations in the past few weeks but I think its safe to say CIA could have been subsituted with either of those and its still valid.

Lets not pretend this is a right wing conspiracy to undermine the always perfect and virtuous FBI.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    As long as the following items are addressed, specifically 1/2/3, I will consider my support and vote well worth it:

1) Stronger stance against Islamic Terrorism - We all know how I feel on the matter. The West is incredibly naive what this threat is not only in the present but even moreso in the future. The route we heading to under Obama was simply not acceptable. This is a LARGE group, yes a large one despite what the skeptics say, that just want Western Civilization to crumble. We need to vigilant, assertive and show more resolve in order to push the enemy back. Obama has been an utter disaster of a President and specifically his foreign policy. He will go down in infamy for the rest of time when he called ISIS the JV team. What this administration just did to Israel is a disgrace. Nobody knows the threat and the evil that is Radical Islam better than Israel. And now there are reports that the US orchestrated this whole vote but then abstained. Sounds right up Obamas alley. Its a joke what has happened under his watch and every single American citizen should be cursing Obama for what mess he has left the next generation.

2) Create an environment that encourages AMERICAN business to grow domestically - I'm sick of the outsourcing. This isn't a selfish sentiment either as I am fortunate enough where I'm in a profession which hasn't suffered all that much outsourcing. However, we need jobs back (even menial ones) for American citizens. If that means a 25k per year customer service position out in Wyoming then great. That 25k is better here than it is in India. Once the corporate tax rate is lowered to 15% (probably the very first thing Trump does) these jobs will come back. It also will be a nice advertising ploy for these companies as the world sentiment is against globalization. 'Buy here - we hire Americans!' I am a top-down guy and believe that only through these tactics will real wealth be back in America. I don't care for the globalists in this world that take money from the middle class and put them in their pockets.

3) Secure our borders / Toughen up on Immigration - This goes a lot with point 1 because I think its a national security risk. Sure, I wouldn't mind seeing some illegal Mexicans/Salvadorians/etc... get shipped back home but the intelligence has already specified that Islamic Groups are using our sourthern border to infiltrate our country. It needs to be locked up ASAP and give power to the border agents to do their job. There are many stories that have surfaced in the last 6 months about men who have been repeatedly deported for crimes and are never processed correctly and stay in the country. This is outrageous. A country is defined by its borders and there is nothing racist/xenophobic/Islamaphobic/etc.. about it. I will say that I worry about what deporting too many Hispanics fromt he country will do. OVerwhelming majority are productive and help the rest of the country. I think whats going to end up happening is the following: a) Violent criminals are deported b) Wall will be built c) Amnesty talks will start on existing illegals in the country (and I think that isn't necessarily a bad thing).

4) Infrastructure Plan - Let's spend some money on getting our country up to date with modern building techniques. A good way to get Americans back to work hopefully and maybe Trump could actually help cut waste doing such a large project where he is familiar with a lot of the players and plays.

5) Radically change the education system - Our schools are a disaster. This is another factor that leads to the racial/economic divide in this country. Majority of bad schools, at least here in NY, are in minority areas. That severely disadvantages them when they get into the working world. My preference is to privatize all education but that endeavor is just too difficult to accomplish. For now I would be happy with letting local jurisdictions (even more granular than the state level) decide how the youth will be educated. Of course oversight will be required to ensure that minimum standards are being used as a guideline. Most importantly though we need to hold students/parents/administrations accountable. Too much is laid on the feet of our teachers. Their jobs are incredibly difficult and are given no support to properly discipline their students.

6) Social Justice needs to be scaled back - Do I need to say more? Enough of transgender bathrooms.

I'm sure I missed some but these are some of the things I'm looking to get done the next 4 and hopefully 8 years.

Post from 12/31/16:

Well, looks like 1-3 is accomplished. Can't take the focus off those because there is still much to do:

1) ISIS has been pushed back but they are now spread across the world. I like how Trump and his administration has built a coalition of Muslim nations. Further, the modernization of Saudi Arabia is intriguing. At this point we need to work with Russia to really put a stranglehold on this disease infecting the earth

2) Cutting of regulations / Tax reform - Nough said. Markest are doing great. Job numbers are great. Earnings are great. Seriously, how could anyone be upset with the economic performance of the Trump presidency thus far?

3) Illegal border crossings are down. ICE allowed to do their jobs. However, this is a failure if the wall isn't built.

4) Think this is going to happen as the economy continues to improve. MOre jobs equals less entitlements as well as additional tax revenues. I think that will be reinvested into infrastructure projects.

5) This hasn't happened yet and needs to. The education system is breeding a pathetic crop of radical children who are destabilizing the nation.

6) Hasn't stopped yet and unfortunately I doubt it ever will.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Last edited by goldfly; 12-16-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Looks to be following the lead of our esteemed higher education establishments
    I can see your point regarding terms like transgender and fetus, because at least they're pushing their ****ty agenda with that, but maybe we shouldn't both sides ****ing science in medicine.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I can see your point regarding terms like transgender and fetus, because at least they're pushing their ****ty agenda with that, but maybe we shouldn't both sides ****ing science in medicine.
    Our friend julio often mocks me for being cautious of slippery slopes of policing any speech... this is what I mean. When you open the door to policing free speech that you don't like, things will follow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    the false equivalency of a branch of the gov't telling science what they can say no matter where the science takes em

isn't like a college asking for people to use certain terms when it comes to how someone would like to be referred to when it comes to gender etc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    RE: goldy's #11428 - Nazareth has a high Arabic population, including Muslims and Christians. That particular decision only hurts Nazareth.

P.S. And I would have advocated recognizing West Jerusalem, not all of Jerusalem.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 12-16-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    This might be controversial, but I believe we should be embracing science and evidence when combatting infectious diseases.
    quit being such a radical

just pray

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Our friend julio often mocks me for being cautious of slippery slopes of policing any speech... this is what I mean. When you open the door to policing free speech that you don't like, things will follow

Is it just me, but do most of those phrases/terms/words sound more political than they do scientific? Seem like fine terminology to use in op-eds and news articles and the like though. Dunno.

CDC, like any branch of our huge bureaucracy, isn't above politics. I follow several National Park pages on Facebook and whether i should be or not, I'm always taken back by the postings of the good folks at Acadia National Park in Maine. They make (or at least made) no bones about where their allegiances are (or at least where the poster's allegiances are).

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Except that this is not a new development. Exactly the same thing happened the last time the religio-cultural warriors and petro-mercenaries were running these agencies.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

21. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Revision of 4th quarter annualized GDP now at 4%. Hysterical how wrong everyone was. Now with tax reform we are going to be pumping.

Good times for everyone in the future. You just have to want to be a part of it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Except that this is not a new development. Exactly the same thing happened the last time the religio-cultural warriors and petro-mercenaries were running these agencies.

It happens with every administration for each has their loyal religion-cultural warriors and corporate interests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    thethe is like the romans talking to Judas

"hey, Good times for everyone in the future. You just have to want to be a part of it. you just have to sell our soul"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    thethe is like the romans talking to Judas

"hey, Good times for everyone in the future. You just have to want to be a part of it. you just have to sell our soul"
    And how are we exactly selling out soul?