Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Acuna- what are everyone's thoughts on when

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie Swanson View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of when enscheff rails on you for the things you say... but when you say **** like this it's impossible not to mock you. Acuna is the #1 prospect in baseball and the best outfielder in the entire organization. Saying that Preston Tucker should keep him in the minors is honestly the stupidest thing I've ever read.
    For the umpteenth time, this has very little to do with Tucker - outside of the fact that he's producing for this short period. Acuna's simply not hitting RIGHT NOW, and Tucker is. A small part of AA's job is to win games at the MLB level, and for the moment Tucker gives him a better chance to do that until Acuna starts hitting.

Complain about Tucker's "bad defense" all you want, it hasn't cost the Braves squat - while his bat has provided them plenty. I don't need to waste time going back to search through posts from a year ago where the same people clamoring for Acuna's call-up (while he's as cold as ice) were perfectly fine with having Kemp out there for 3 ABs if Snitker would replace him for defense late. He's actually doing that now with Tucker and it's working.

As GeorgiaGirl rightly points out, Acuna's just in a funk right now - when he finally snaps out of it, no one will get in his way. Not making the move just now has everything to do with Acuna, and nothing to do with Tucker. If and when Tucker stops producing, I can't imagine anyone would complain about him being replaced - even if Acuna's still not hitting and you replace him with Adams.

There are plenty of "reasons to believe" that the team's nice start is unsustainable, but a sure way to end that start internally is to bench players that are currently producing in favor of players that are striking out at a 38% clip because you decided months ago to put the non-productive player in the lineup on a certain date. When he hits, you play him - not before - otherwise you're simply not doing your job correctly. Acuna's done nothing to force anyone to play him yet.
    Last edited by clvclv; 04-14-2018 at 07:35 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (04-15-2018)

On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List PurpleBrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    If he’s not up by next Friday, they may wait it out until June

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Just going to deposit this bad boy off here (tried to find it yesterday as it's hilarious but had a hard time doing so):

https://twitter.com/LeeTrocinski/sta...23461095923712

This as well, and I agree but I'm not sure the Braves see it this way:

https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/4/1...atlanta-braves
    Last edited by GeorgiaGirl; 04-15-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    People are weirdly emotional about when Acuna comes up.

I guess a lot of hearts are skipping beats.

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    FOX Sports: Braves

Verified account

@FOXSportsBraves
    Follow Follow @FOXSportsBraves
    More FOX Sports: Braves Retweeted Atlanta Braves
    This move opens up a spot on Atlanta's 40-man roster. ����FOX Sports: Braves added,
    Atlanta Braves
    Verified account

@Braves
    The #Braves have recalled RHP Lucas Sims from Triple-A Gwinnett. RHP Luke Jackson has been designated for assignment.
    8:59 AM - 15 Apr 2018

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    FOX Sports: Braves

Verified account

@FOXSportsBraves
    Follow Follow @FOXSportsBraves
    More FOX Sports: Braves Retweeted Atlanta Braves
    This move opens up a spot on Atlanta's 40-man roster. ����FOX Sports: Braves added,
    Atlanta Braves
    Verified account

@Braves
    The #Braves have recalled RHP Lucas Sims from Triple-A Gwinnett. RHP Luke Jackson has been designated for assignment.
    8:59 AM - 15 Apr 2018

The 30/30 campaign for Ronald is set to begin.

Soon.

Maybe tomorrow evening.

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Just wait till after Monday, just wait till after Monday....

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Bowman says he isn't gonna come up til play improves

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-15-2018)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    The 30/30 campaign for Ronald is set to begin.

Soon.

Maybe tomorrow evening.
    Nope. Bowman reported he won't be up, and it's very unlikely he's up at all for the home stand.

Purple Brave looks like he may well be correct, if that's true he's not going to be up until near my birthday which is still quite a ways from now, and you're going to end up being easily wrong on 30/30.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaGirl For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (04-15-2018)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    This is really insanely silly at this point. Ridiculous. Either bring up Acuna now or don't bring him up at all until the Super 2 cutoff. This is more likely to anger and stress him out even more than to help him, I highly doubt he starts hitting for a LONG time now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    This is really insanely silly at this point. Ridiculous. Either bring up Acuna now or don't bring him up at all until the Super 2 cutoff. This is more likely to anger and stress him out even more than to help him, I highly doubt he starts hitting for a LONG time now.
    If acuna can't start hitting in AAA for a "long" time, he doesn't need to be in Atlanta
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-15-2018 at 04:24 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (04-15-2018), JohnAdcox (04-15-2018), Southcack77 (04-15-2018)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If acuna can't start hitting in AAA or a "long" time, he doesn't need to be in Atlanta
    I simply don't see it based off the YT video. Holding him down is going to make him go even harder instead of realize he needs to relax and stick with what works, and because he has the issue that OT had with his swing, it's going to lead to him piling up Ks instead of doing any better.

It might not be until August when he's up at this point.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    I simply don't see it based off the YT video. Holding him down is going to make him go even harder instead of realize he needs to relax and stick with what works, and because he has the issue that OT had with his swing, it's going to lead to him piling up Ks instead of doing any better.

It might not be until August when he's up at this point.
    If he can't handle making that adjustment, he's suddenly Frenchy 2.0 - he's not (IMO), but the best way to turn him into that at this point is turn him into THE talk of MLB, especially by pushing him now.

He's 20 and we're not likely going anywhere this fall - don't get the cart before the horse. It's beyond hilarious to see so many people who have crucified thethe, myself, and others for wanting to promote Dansby and Albies too soon now screaming about how Acuna HAS TO be promoted now under similar circumstances.

If you need to get one right, this one is *amn sure to be the one you need to handle correctly - the whole world (not just Braves' fans) is already treating him like he's "the savior".

(Sure the Yankees are on the verge of promoting Torres, but he's hitting .389/.410/.583/.994 - let Acuna start OPSing .500 for crying out loud.)
    Last edited by clvclv; 04-15-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    If he can't handle making that adjustment, he's suddenly Frenchy 2.0 - he's not (IMO), but the best way to turn him into that at this point is turn him into THE talk of MLB, especially by pushing him now.

He's 20 and we're not likely going anywhere this fall - don't get the cart before the horse. It's beyond hilarious to see so many people who have crucified thethe, myself, and others for wanting to promote Dansby and Albies too soon now screaming about how Acuna HAS TO be promoted now under similar circumstances.

If you need to get one right, this one is *amn sure to be the one you need to handle correctly - the whole world (not just Braves' fans) is already treating him like he's "the savior".

(Sure the Yankees are on the verge of promoting Torres, but he's hitting .389/.410/.583/.994 for crying out loud - let Acuna start OPSing .500 for crying out loud.)
    This is just how he works. He plays harder instead of relaxing, his swing gets out of whack, and leaving him down is going to fix....absolutely nothing.

This is going to break him instead of fix him, he's going to have an absolutely awful year, I bet he ends up being demoted to A+.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    This is just how he works. He plays harder instead of relaxing, his swing gets out of whack, and leaving him down is going to fix....absolutely nothing.

This is going to break him instead of fix him, he's going to have an absolutely awful year, I bet he ends up being demoted to A+.
    If that's the case, he doesn't deserve 10% of the hype he's gotten.

If talented players respond that way, Folty should've made the last 3 Opening Day starts.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts

You know him really well it seems.

On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List PurpleBrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Some of this hype is fantasy baseball relate. He was the highest prospect taken and it’s not really even close. Often ahead of good, established major leaguers. People want to see him up. The dates of the 13th and 16th are dates fans and media assumed. None of that came from the Braves.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Braves/comm.../acuna_callup/

He's silently pitching a fit at the moment and not playing seriously at all. This isn't going to fix it and is why I think this becomes a long AAA stint, maybe the entire season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts

He's silently pitching a fit at the moment and not playing seriously at all. This isn't going to fix it and is why I think this becomes a long AAA stint, maybe the entire season.
    How about not trying to psycho analyze every player? It’s kind of annoying, because I’m fairly certain you know nothing.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Carp (04-15-2018), jpx7 (04-16-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts

As a parent, I know the best way to handle a temper tantrum is by giving in completely.