3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Surprising that there is no comment on this.

I think its clear which party owns bigotry now.
    I think that the stuff in those fb posts is shocking and gross and I am leery of Tlaib’s having proximity to it.

That said, I don’t jump to respond to this stuff because I don’t really trust sturg’s newfound commitment to combating prejudice and bigotry. thethe, I’m cognizant and respectful of your strong feelings on this issue, though I’m also continuously confused by your touting right-wing European political movements rife with anti-semitism, and posting tweets from Holocaust deniers, etc. When I’ve asked you about that, you’ve basically said that if they say things that you agree with and their politics are right, you don’t care. But I’m guessing you wouldn’t accept that answer in this case.

As for sturg, I guess I’d refer back to when I pointed out Ron Paul’s twitter account posting a disgusting racist and anti-Semitic cartoon and he bent over backwards to make silly excuses for it. And let’s not even start on Charlottesville, which was just a pro-Confederate monument demonstration and not a racist and anti-Semitic hate-fest. So if he’s going to pretend to care about this stuff now, let’s have accountability all around, shall we?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Yeah, compare all these crazy ideas to expand health care coverage to the sensible Republican plans, which...uh, which...er...I mean, there’s that awesome free-market health care plan which...gimmie a minute here....

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post

As for sturg, I guess I’d refer back to when I pointed out Ron Paul’s twitter account posting a disgusting racist and anti-Semitic cartoon and he bent over backwards to make silly excuses for it. And let’s not even start on Charlottesville, which was just a pro-Confederate monument demonstration and not a racist and anti-Semitic hate-fest. So if he’s going to pretend to care about this stuff now, let’s have accountability all around, shall we?
    Yes yes Ron Paul newsletter. I've asked you on numerous occasions to show me one clip of him saying anything remotely racist - should be pretty straightforward since he's had a mic in his face for 40 years. He's written several books too so surely there is something to be found. We were able to find Kamilla Harris celebrating locking poor black people up so I'm sure we can get racist old white guy Ron Paul on something besides a random newsletter from 30 years ago. You've yet to be able to do that. Regardless, despite his denial, you've decided he is a racist and you've stuck to it. That's your right.

Meanwhile we have close to a dozen examples of Tlaib in the last two years... but you're only "leery" of this one. Funny how that works. I guess you're blinded by a letter (D)

As for Charlottesville, you're welcome to incorrectly associate me with someone from there - but you're also free to go back to my posts on the topics talking about how unacceptable and racist the showing was. My only counter point was that we should let neo-nazis have their little 12 person circle jerk as part of their first amendment rights. Pay them no attention because they are losers rather than give them an enemy to scream at and national exposure.

Of the two of us, I preach treating people as individuals rather than their race or sex, and you support governments targeting white people for their land as payback for generations before.

I'm curious what Tlaib will need to do for you to actually be bothered rather than simply "leery"

----------

This is the part where you pull out random edge comment to focus on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Yeah, compare all these crazy ideas to expand health care coverage to the sensible Republican plans, which...uh, which...er...I mean, there’s that awesome free-market health care plan which...gimmie a minute here....
    Step 1. Implement a plan so horrible that more people suffer and costs go up.

Step 2. Propose a much more intrusive plan to save step 1.

Step 3. Blame opponents of Step 1 for not having a plan to fix step 1 except for the plan of undoing step 1.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (01-30-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think that the stuff in those fb posts is shocking and gross and I am leery of Tlaib’s having proximity to it.

That said, I don’t jump to respond to this stuff because I don’t really trust sturg’s newfound commitment to combating prejudice and bigotry. thethe, I’m cognizant and respectful of your strong feelings on this issue, though I’m also continuously confused by your touting right-wing European political movements rife with anti-semitism, and posting tweets from Holocaust deniers, etc. When I’ve asked you about that, you’ve basically said that if they say things that you agree with and their politics are right, you don’t care. But I’m guessing you wouldn’t accept that answer in this case.

Well my position is that everyone hates jews but ive found that the lefts embrace of Islam a more dangerous path. Conservatives have a foundational alleigance to the Judeo/Christian faith so while i dont think they 'love' Jews i dont believe they actually hate them.

You can continue to close your eyes to the truth but people of the Islamic faith for the most part despise Jews and basic human rights. Domt believe me? Check polling data from the middle east.

Further, regimes such as Stalins russia and Hitlers Germany were examples of statist governments. Im just not sure i see all of this eveidence that the right is anti semetiv wshen i align it with the left.

Disagree with me all you want but this is my position.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Well my position is that everyone hates jews .
    Hey! I'm engaged to a jewish girl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    wait until she learns Biff from Covington Catholic makes almost 30% more than she
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    My life experience has taught me many truths. Unfortunately this is one.

But it doesnt evem bother me much because everyone is racist/bigoted whether they want to admit it to themselves or not. It just matters how much hate is in their hearts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    wait until she learns Biff from Covington Catholic makes almost 30% more than she
    I guess there'd be a first time for everything

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    their plan was ACA

which they seem to hate ever since the black guy went with their plan
    Last edited by goldfly; 01-30-2019 at 12:15 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    mazel tov...i married into the tribe...they are a wee bit neurotic in case you haven't noticed
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    mazel tov...i married into the tribe...they are a wee bit neurotic in case you haven't noticed
    Sounds like a stereotype here but I agree 100%.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Yes yes Ron Paul newsletter. I've asked you on numerous occasions to show me one clip of him saying anything remotely racist - should be pretty straightforward since he's had a mic in his face for 40 years. He's written several books too so surely there is something to be found. We were able to find Kamilla Harris celebrating locking poor black people up so I'm sure we can get racist old white guy Ron Paul on something besides a random newsletter from 30 years ago. You've yet to be able to do that. Regardless, despite his denial, you've decided he is a racist and you've stuck to it. That's your right.

Meanwhile we have close to a dozen examples of Tlaib in the last two years... but you're only "leery" of this one. Funny how that works. I guess you're blinded by a letter (D)

As for Charlottesville, you're welcome to incorrectly associate me with someone from there - but you're also free to go back to my posts on the topics talking about how unacceptable and racist the showing was. My only counter point was that we should let neo-nazis have their little 12 person circle jerk as part of their first amendment rights. Pay them no attention because they are losers rather than give them an enemy to scream at and national exposure.

Of the two of us, I preach treating people as individuals rather than their race or sex, and you support governments targeting white people for their land as payback for generations before.

I'm curious what Tlaib will need to do for you to actually be bothered rather than simply "leery"

----------

This is the part where you pull out random edge comment to focus on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Yeah I've addressed that already. He pulled them down. Of someone is willing to implicitly post something racist, why would they pull it down immediately?

Anyhow. I get it Ron Paul is a racists Tlaib is a saint. You're doing 100% what you're accusing me of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Ron Paul is an irrelevant crack pot.

He had a cup of coffee at the table and wont go home now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    He's been retired for 6 years

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Well my position is that everyone hates jews but ive found that the lefts embrace of Islam a more dangerous path. Conservatives have a foundational alleigance to the Judeo/Christian faith so while i dont think they 'love' Jews i dont believe they actually hate them.

You can continue to close your eyes to the truth but people of the Islamic faith for the most part despise Jews and basic human rights. Domt believe me? Check polling data from the middle east.

Further, regimes such as Stalins russia and Hitlers Germany were examples of statist governments. Im just not sure i see all of this eveidence that the right is anti semetiv wshen i align it with the left.

Disagree with me all you want but this is my position.
    Talkin' 'bout these guys?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This is happening.
    Regardless the knuckle draggers

Nancy Pelosi
    ‏Verified account @TeamPelosi

"@AOC, Pelosi roll out bill to close the gender gap in salaries"

It's time for the #PaycheckFairness Act to become a reality!

"It's really important to note that this is part of a fuller agenda of paid sick leave and access to quality, affordable child care, to make women in the work place have the opportunities that we all should,' Pelosi said.

Last edited by 57Brave; 01-30-2019 at 01:34 PM.