Page 954 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 45485490494495295395495595696410041054 ... LastLast
Results 19,061 to 19,080 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Lol.

"Thin air"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    "...I changed my opinion on abortion after I read an article in Esquire magazine, way back in 1976. I was home from grad school, flipping through my dad’s copy, and came across an article titled “What I Saw at the Abortion.” The author, Richard Selzer, was a surgeon, and he was in favor of abortion, but he’d never seen one. So he asked a colleague whether, next time, he could go along.

Selzer described seeing the patient, 19 weeks pregnant, lying on her back on the table. (That is unusually late; most abortions are done by the tenth or twelfth week.) The doctor performing the procedure inserted a syringe into the woman’s abdomen and injected her womb with a prostaglandin solution, which would bring on contractions and cause a miscarriage. (This method isn’t used anymore, because too often the baby survived the procedure — chemically burned and disfigured, but clinging to life. Newer methods, including those called “partial birth abortion” and “dismemberment abortion,” more reliably ensure death.)

After injecting the hormone into the patient’s womb, the doctor left the syringe standing upright on her belly. Then, Selzer wrote, “I see something other than what I expected here. . . . It is the hub of the needle that is in the woman’s belly that has jerked. First to one side. Then to the other side. Once more it wobbles, is tugged, like a fishing line nibbled by a sunfish.”

He realized he was seeing the fetus’s desperate fight for life. And as he watched, he saw the movement of the syringe slow down and then stop. The child was dead. Whatever else an unborn child does not have, he has one thing: a will to live. He will fight to defend his life.

The last words in Selzer’s essay are, “Whatever else is said in abortion’s defense, the vision of that other defense [i.e., of the child defending its life] will not vanish from my eyes. And it has happened that you cannot reason with me now. For what can language do against the truth of what I saw?”

The truth of what he saw disturbed me deeply. There I was, anti-war, anti–capital punishment, even vegetarian, and a firm believer that social justice cannot be won at the cost of violence. Well, this sure looked like violence. How had I agreed to make this hideous act the centerpiece of my feminism? How could I think it was wrong to execute homicidal criminals, wrong to shoot enemies in wartime, but all right to kill our own sons and daughters?..."

Link

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    y'all really should start an abortion thread

this is the trump presidency and his garbage fire presidency

y'all can spout all your wedge issue "facts" there
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    It looks like McConnell and the Senate GOP have joined the resistance. Better late than never.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...troops-n965561
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    y'all really should start an abortion thread

this is the trump presidency and his garbage fire presidency

y'all can spout all your wedge issue "facts" there
    Yes, the democrats would do anything to not talk about the fact they are in favor of killing babies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    It looks like McConnell and the Senate GOP have joined the resistance. Better late than never.

So much fun to see the democrats rooting for more war.

ORANGE MAN BAD!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I don't recall your (royal your) concerns with the children effected by lead in the pipes of Flint (one example) where there are no gray areas of when life begins, or heartbeats or morality of abortion or womens choice or mothers health --- on and on and on

Leading me to stand on the side of this concern (which gets trotted out every time (R) polls sink -- if you haven't noticed) and I use concern with a hint of sarcasm is nothing more than a political football

We have real people. Walking talking children that are being effected , poisoned if you will.
    Alas --- I dont hear a peep.
    In fact when bringing this issue up for conversation I was advise by a Pro Life poster to round up bottled water to take to Flint or in effect, shut up.
    Or something something Democratic mayor ---
    and one constitutionally ignorant asked why Obama didnt fix the pipes

https://newrepublic.com/article/1470...ge-kids-brains

Technically, there is no safe blood level of lead in children. In December 2016, a Reuters investigation found “almost 3,000 areas” in America “with poisoning rates far higher than in the tainted Michigan city.”
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-01-2019 at 06:56 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I agree with Gold.
    If people want to discuss abortion ( why? ) please start a separate thread

And, if anyone wishes to discuss Flint or the catastrophic response effecting millions of children in Puerto Rico or even the opening stages of ethnic cleansing at the border -- I believe there are threads active where these things are open for discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Wjats there to discuss about flint. We failed american citizens because we are too busy fighting wars on foreign soil, letting absurd amount of peoplr into the country illegaly and letting business send our joba overseas to the china region.

An utter failure by all politicians.

Just like abortion yhe reaction should be uniform

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    you ask what there is to discuss then run out 5 different topics of discussion.

a) "we" ???????????? We can recently go back to the reaction to Obama's Stimulus programs, or infrastructure initiatives, or the jobs bill he proposed that never got off the blocks due to (R) interference. You can look all of that up

b) fighting wars on foreign soil has a direct line to our unyielding support of Israel at the cost of all other interests

c) absurd amounts of people? Again, you fall into the trap of when (R) polls go down out come the wedge issues. Immigration is of course, a wedge issue

d) the exodus of our business' began before (what I think) your intended meaning. Getting back to Flint, Michael Moore chronicled the abandonment of GM in Flint
    It is available under the title of Roger and Me

Yes, there is quite a bit to discuss about Flint.
    But, lets do it on the Flint page and leave this to the train wreck of a Presidency you blindly support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    you ask what there is to discuss then run out 5 different topics of discussion.

a) "we" ???????????? We can recently go back to the reaction to Obama's Stimulus programs, or infrastructure initiatives, or the jobs bill he proposed that never got off the blocks due to (R) interference. You can look all of that up

b) fighting wars on foreign soil has a direct line to our unyielding support of Israel at the cost of all other interests

c) absurd amounts of people? Again, you fall into the trap of when (R) polls go down out come the wedge issues. Immigration is of course, a wedge issue

d) the exodus of our business' began before (what I think) your intended meaning. Getting back to Flint, Michael Moore chronicled the abandonment of GM in Flint
    It is available under the title of Roger and Me

Yes, there is quite a bit to discuss about Flint.
    But, lets do it on the Flint page and leave this to the train wreck of a Presidency you blindly support
    A train wreck that you can't articulate.

This administration was welcomed with a hostile media and a fake russian collusion mess pushed by a legacy FBI that was angling for a coup. Despite those factors we are seeing economic policies that are doing more for minority groups than any president in the last 30 years.

But sure, call it a train wreck.

ORANGE MAN BAD!

DON'T KNOW WHY BUT MEDIA TELL ME SO IT MUST BE TRUE!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    no, I cant articulate how a slum lord that ran a gambling house into bankruptcy ( the old saw of "playing with house money" ) has just yesterday dismissed the intelligence community, is about to go around congress for a vanity project where imminent domain will be randomly applied and on a mission to obliterate the greatest treaty organization in the history of the world.

It is not that I or others cant articulate --- it is simply, where to start ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-01-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    A train wreck that you can't articulate.

a fake russian collusion mess pushed by a legacy FBI that was angling for a coup.

the legacy FBI turned the election 2 weeks before by announcing one of the two candidates under investigation was, under investigation !!!
    and the one not announcded has had last count ---
    and please with the obscure names and disinformed allegations that lead down one dead end after another.

Indictments do not come from political vendettas. Indictments are handed down by Grand Jurys.
    Where they surmise there is enough probable cause to file charges.

Curios how mant indictments were handed down aimed at DJT's opponent
    I'll take my answer off line
    .................................................. .........................................

The full list of known indictments and plea deals in Mueller’s probe

1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, was arrested in July 2017 and pleaded guilty in October 2017 to making false statements to the FBI. He got a 14-day sentence.

2) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted on a total of 25 different counts by Mueller’s team, related mainly to his past work for Ukrainian politicians and his finances. He had two trials scheduled, and the first ended in a conviction on eight counts of financial crimes. To avert the second trial, Manafort struck a plea deal with Mueller in September 2018 (though Mueller’s team said in November that he breached that agreement by lying to them).

3) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was indicted on similar charges to Manafort. But in February 2018 he agreed to a plea deal with Mueller’s team, pleading guilty to just one false statements charge and one conspiracy charge.

4) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty in December 2017 to making false statements to the FBI.

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller. He was sentenced to 6 months in prison and 6 months of home detention in October 2018.

22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates and another unnamed person based in Ukraine. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and has completed his sentence.

23) Konstantin Kilimnik: This longtime business associate of Manafort and Gates, who’s currently based in Russia, was charged alongside Manafort with attempting to obstruct justice by tampering with witnesses in Manafort’s pending case last year.

24-35) 12 Russian GRU officers: These officers of Russia’s military intelligence service were charged with crimes related to the hacking and leaking of leading Democrats’ emails in 2016.

36) Michael Cohen: In August 2018, Trump’s former lawyer pleaded guilty to 8 counts — tax and bank charges, related to his finances and taxi business, and campaign finance violations — related to hush money payments to women who alleged affairs with Donald Trump, as part of a separate investigation in New York (that Mueller had handed off). But in November, he made a plea deal with Mueller too, for lying to Congress about efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

37) Roger Stone: In January 2019, Mueller indicted longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone on 7 counts. He accused Stone of lying to the House Intelligence Committee about his efforts to get in touch with WikiLeaks during the campaign, and tampering with a witness who could have debunked his story.

Finally, there is one other person Mueller initially investigated, but handed over to others in the Justice Department to charge: Sam Patten. This Republican operative and lobbyist pleaded guilty to not registering as a foreign agent with his work for Ukrainian political bigwigs, and agreed to cooperate with the government.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I will articulate the intentionally butchered recovery of Hurricane Maria. And list it as a humanitarian crime.

Where the Trump Administration could have alleviated suffering but choose not to.

Before you begin making excuses --- outside of the recovery following Katrina I would love to hear how this is a systemic FEMA problem.
    We responded better to earthquakes half way across the world - let alone this territory of the US populated with US citizens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    So much fun to see the democrats rooting for more war.

ORANGE MAN BAD!
    Orange Man Bad! That's exactly right. His every move must be questioned.

Btw, it's not the Dems, it's the GOP led Senate plus his foreign policy "advisors".

It's prudent to maintain a military presence in lands where we've wasted trillions of dollars and spilled American blood. You'd really like to cut and run and make it all for naught? I'm sure Putin would love for us to become isolationists.
    Last edited by Runnin; 02-01-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Orange Man Bad! That's exactly right. His every move must be questioned.

It's prudent to maintain a military presence in lands where we've wasted trillions of dollars and spilled American blood. You'd really like to cut and run and make it all for naught? I'm sure Putin would love for us to become isolationists.
    Its all Putins grand strategy of controlling Trump.

How about we let Russia deal with the crazies over there and let them waste trillions of dollars.

We will always coordinate with a our strongest ally (Israel) and are trying to foster a relationship with Saudi Arabia whereby they might begin a process a modernization.

So there are multiple ways to maintain a presence without having our troops die for no reason. But if you want to fall victim to the elites that profit off of war then by all means listen to their propaganda.

But hey - We just had 2 straight months with over 300K jobs added. ORANGE MAN BAD!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

the legacy FBI turned the election 2 weeks before by announcing one of the two candidates under investigation was, under investigation !!!
    and the one not announcded has had last count ---
    and please with the obscure names and disinformed allegations that lead down one dead end after another.

Indictments do not come from political vendettas. Indictments are handed down by Grand Jurys.
    Where they surmise there is enough probable cause to file charges.

Curios how mant indictments were handed down aimed at DJT's opponent
    I'll take my answer off line
    .................................................. .........................................

The full list of known indictments and plea deals in Mueller’s probe

1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, was arrested in July 2017 and pleaded guilty in October 2017 to making false statements to the FBI. He got a 14-day sentence.

2) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted on a total of 25 different counts by Mueller’s team, related mainly to his past work for Ukrainian politicians and his finances. He had two trials scheduled, and the first ended in a conviction on eight counts of financial crimes. To avert the second trial, Manafort struck a plea deal with Mueller in September 2018 (though Mueller’s team said in November that he breached that agreement by lying to them).

3) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was indicted on similar charges to Manafort. But in February 2018 he agreed to a plea deal with Mueller’s team, pleading guilty to just one false statements charge and one conspiracy charge.

4) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty in December 2017 to making false statements to the FBI.

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller. He was sentenced to 6 months in prison and 6 months of home detention in October 2018.

22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates and another unnamed person based in Ukraine. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and has completed his sentence.

23) Konstantin Kilimnik: This longtime business associate of Manafort and Gates, who’s currently based in Russia, was charged alongside Manafort with attempting to obstruct justice by tampering with witnesses in Manafort’s pending case last year.

24-35) 12 Russian GRU officers: These officers of Russia’s military intelligence service were charged with crimes related to the hacking and leaking of leading Democrats’ emails in 2016.

36) Michael Cohen: In August 2018, Trump’s former lawyer pleaded guilty to 8 counts — tax and bank charges, related to his finances and taxi business, and campaign finance violations — related to hush money payments to women who alleged affairs with Donald Trump, as part of a separate investigation in New York (that Mueller had handed off). But in November, he made a plea deal with Mueller too, for lying to Congress about efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

37) Roger Stone: In January 2019, Mueller indicted longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone on 7 counts. He accused Stone of lying to the House Intelligence Committee about his efforts to get in touch with WikiLeaks during the campaign, and tampering with a witness who could have debunked his story.

Finally, there is one other person Mueller initially investigated, but handed over to others in the Justice Department to charge: Sam Patten. This Republican operative and lobbyist pleaded guilty to not registering as a foreign agent with his work for Ukrainian political bigwigs, and agreed to cooperate with the government.
    NOTHING TO DO WITH COLLUSION!!!!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    This wouldn't be an issue if the Democrats didn't come out and support killing babies after they were born.

This is your own doing.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts

Wow. You're pro endless war now simply bc Trump is against them.

Minds lost