Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scandals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Let's talk personal responsibility.

(D) forces Weiner to resign after commiting no crime

(R) forces Radel to take a leave of absence after being convicted of cocain possession. In fact had he been arrested in his home state he would have lost his voting rights.

Personal REsponsibility seems to be a sliding scale. Trying to remember which CC poster demanded he be run out of Washington ...

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Being a perv might not be a crime but it's frowned upon more than someone who uses cocaine. Rightfully so.

People do coke but a grown married man who sends nude pics to ladies half his age and continues to lie about it after he gets caught. Could you trust someone like that? Would you want them representing you?

Could anyone who smokes pot, takes pills that aren't theirs call out a fellow person for doing cocaine? I don't think so.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Being a perv might not be a crime but it's frowned upon more than someone who uses cocaine. Rightfully so.

People do coke but a grown married man who sends nude pics to ladies half his age and continues to lie about it after he gets caught. Could you trust someone like that? Would you want them representing you?

Could anyone who smokes pot, takes pills that aren't theirs call out a fellow person for doing cocaine? I don't think so.
    I think both are addicts that are in need of help. I did my share of recreational drugs, but some folks can't do recreational drugs and Ford (or this Radel guy) is one of those guys. It's about people's internal wiring and not the activity in and of itself. I never cared for Weiner and when I watched him on television, I always thought there was something wrong with him (even though I agreed with some of what he was saying). What he did was--at least from my understanding--consensual and while that doesn't remove the disgusting nature of the behavior, it qualifies it to some extent.

I'm an alcoholic myself (Hi 50!) and while I'm not prescient, I can usually (not always) spot someone who is heading that direction. Bizarre sexual practices. Alcohol. Serial affairs. Drugs. Trichotillomania. Name your poison. They can all become addictions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-09-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    I wasn't talking about Weiner or Radel personally - agree both have issues that are far beyond a baseball message board.
    What i was talking about was the tact taken by the two parties. (D) held Weiner to account (R) --- not so much.
    To my way of thinking holding to account is institutionally on par with personal responsibility.

Like 50. wish them both the best and hope they get to see the light at the end of each of their tunnels
    /////

I do hope Radel see's the hypocrisy in holding himself to a different standard than those he serves. That though is between him and his maker. Again I wish him the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    I believe Radel should resign. I think he would have an infinitely better chance at getting back into political office if he quit now, went away to rehab, laid low for a few years and then tried to come back. I would be much more likely to vote for a person in the future if they stepped away and said I am not deserving of this office at this time.

Regardless, he should absolutely resign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post

Well isn't that interesting...