Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
Interesting theory...

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradle...PZVDJLx9yFgJ/#

And Nats fans bitching about this too:
"We get nice and freaked tomorrow specifically because we're playing the Cubs and MLB bows down to them:

Beginning with the 2018 championship season, no Club shall be scheduled or rescheduled to start a game prior to 5 P.M. when one of the Clubs played a game the prior evening in a different city with a start time of 7 P.M. or later, except as follows...

up to six instances per season where the traveling Club is traveling to Chicago to play the Cubs and the in-flight time does not exceed 2.5 hours.

Cool rule MLB. We'll be lucky to get into the hotel at 2 a.m. and have to be at the ballpark by 930/10 AM while the Cubs are rested and ready to go. Love when the league intentionally allows the Cubs to have an advantage."
To hell with them I hope pitt beats their ass in a 16 inning marathon and then the Cubbies sweep 'em away.
Interesting article. I think the ideal playoff scenario for us would be having the Mets and Nationals in the wild card and us playing the Cardinals in the NLDS. I'd be pretty confident heading into a series with St Louis and I think the Mets/Nationals are the two teams with the best shot to knock off the Dodgers in a 5 game series. If we could somehow wind up in the NLCS vs. the Mets, that would be both hilarious and amazing at the same time.

There are several variations of how the playoffs could be set up, but I really like most of them for the Braves. It seems like we're gonna get a relatively soft NL Central opponent (compared to most years) and the wild card teams appear to be relatively strong compared to previous seasons.