Thread: Is Free Speech Under Attack in this Country?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    what strikes me odd is there are 3-4-5 people here that hold Trump Admin feet to the fire.
    Yet no one is a fan.
    There are what, maybe a dozen regular posters ?

Kinda like Iraq War. No one was for it, if one did make a point of the ludicrousness of that whole adventure was told pretty much, it was fake outrage.
    As in "where were you when Clinton did xyz"

This administration has set our human rights agenda back 50 years. And you are quibbling about how maybe people would have responded had Obama done xyz.

I get awfully tired of the conditional standards set out by Republicans
    If Obama had such a meeting where he didn't address such a blatant abuse --- I would like to know about it.
    And if he did have such a meeting and didn't address it I guarangotdamntee you he caught very public hell from the Sanders wing of (D)

Oh yeah, Obama is no longer President-- hasn't been for almost 3 years now
    Last edited by 57Brave; 09-18-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    man, i can't believe we haven't tried to organize one of our well regulated militias to free all those political prisoners being persecuted by anti free speech people
    Last edited by goldfly; 09-18-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    what strikes me odd is there are 3-4-5 people here that hold Trump Admin feet to the fire.
    Yet no one is a fan.

Kinda like Iraq War. No one was for it, if one did make a point of the ludicrousness of that whole adventure was told pretty much, it was fake outrage.

This administration has set our human rights agenda back 50 years. And you are quibbling about how maybe people would have responded had Obama done xyz.

If Obama had such a meeting where he didn't address such a blatant abuse --- I would like to know about it.
    And if he did have such a meeting and didn't address it I guarangotdamntee you he caught very public hell from the Sanders wing of (D)

I'm disillusioned. I don't think my getting angry will affect anything. And I honestly don't expect any other person who will get elected will be measurably better. They'll just be bad in different ways. I expect I'll cast my ballot with President blank again next year. Its been a while since anyone worth my vote ran.

I posted an article covering the Obama administration's meeting with the same crown prince where they showered him with gifts and set up an arms deal. I don't believe human rights abuse was mentioned though you can be sure Bahrain was every bit as abusive then as now.

International relations is largely sitting in rooms with people to despise and smiling like they're your best friend. Maybe it shouldn't be that way. But it is and I see no point in outrage when a President does it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    you really dont think a change in Senate / White House things would be the same ?
    Would ( there I used a conditional as well) Obama carry the same human rights baggage into that meeting Trump keeps in his pocket ?
    Kristof would have lambasted Obama had he done the same. Notice I said, had.

The conversation on who we arm and why is a worthy one
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    you really dont think a change in Senate / White House things would be the same ?
    Would ( there I used a conditional as well) Obama carry the same human rights baggage into that meeting Trump keeps in his pocket ?
    Kristof would have lambasted Obama had he done the same. Notice I said, had.

The conversation on who we arm and why is a worthy one
    A change in the Senate and White House would mean things would be different. I don't think they'd be any better. Just bad in different ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Yet no one is a fan.

How has the Trump administration set back human rights agenda by 50 years?
    Natural Immunity Croc