Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    State sponsored racism continues

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Lol, you and your ilk try really really hard to act persecuted in this country

It’s wild.

I think it has blown past Christians acting like they can’t practice their faith in the USA lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    Does goldy think this is not state sponsored racism?

If not, why?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    [This is the part where he doesn't answer]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    nutshell

The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,913 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    nutshell

Pathetic pandering.

Let’s ignore the actual coroners report. Let’s ignore how he was resisting arrest. Let’s ignore his past use of drugs while apprehended.

You are pathetic in how you cater to the lowest denominator of Africans Americans as if they too wouldn’t be outraged about what Floyd did. You and your ilk do nothing to actually help solve problems as all you can do is scream when criminals fight back against police. World would be better off with less people like you. African Americans certainly would.

But sure, continue to post the words of others who are nothing more than a grift for your low IQ crowd.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    proving Navarro's point

" then you don't want to understand"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,913 Posts
    You refuse to exist in the real world where there is actual data of police encounters and unfortunate events like what happened with Floyd.

I can’t help that you are either too stupid or too partisan to see the reality of the world which is that black men are not dying at police officers hands at a rate higher than white men. Learn how to think.
    Natural Immunity Croc

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (03-31-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,925 Posts
    Ana Navarro = Andy Ngo?
    Ivermectin Man

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I can’t help that you are either too stupid or too partisan to see the reality of the world which is that black men are not dying at police officers hands at a rate higher than white men. Learn how to think.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,913 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Guy who thinks he’s cool because he didn’t have a full time job in his 20s chimes in.

Thanks
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    I have nothing but a passing idea who Ana Navarro is, I just thought she made a good point.
    She just happened to be the writer of a widespread notion
    so many just have no interest in understanding
    Kinda like Weimar

On the other hand, I do know who Andy Ngu is.
    The guy who invented the threat and makes his living off of the threat of antifa
    I do have that right - dont I?
    Taking for granted you are at least a medium informed voter

He reports on the "riots" in Portland from a London hotel room
    As reported
    ////

So no, the convenience of false equivalency does not play
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-31-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,925 Posts
    I don’t know who any of them are so I give them little to no run here or anywhere else.

I for sure don’t spread their memes because I don’t have any knowledge of their intention or motives.
    Ivermectin Man

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (03-31-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    this isnt about Navarro

Nor is it about Ngu or me or you.
    /////

but an idea thrown out for discussion --- which in your and thethe case hasn't even reached consideration, proving Navarro's point,
    /////

tell of any topic where you (or other MAGA) understand both sides of a discussion and after consideration reached a conclusion
    counter to your preconceived notion.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-31-2021 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    this isnt about Navarro

Nor is it about Ngu or me or you.
    /////

but an idea thrown out for discussion --- which in your and thethe case hasn't even reached consideration, proving Navarro's point,
    /////

tell of any topic where you (or other MAGA) understand both sides of a discussion and after consideration reached a conclusion
    counter to your preconceived notion.
    The topic of voter suppression bill just enacted was one that comes to mind. To wit, one that you had a preconceived notion and were incorrect about. (JIM CROW JIM CROW!)

But yes, tell me more of my preconceived notions. I generally don't participate in a discussion that i haven't read and considered both sides ( I definately can't say the same for you). Mostly on social issues i lean way more center than right especially because of this board.

You have made many mentions of it in multiple threads but always disappear when asked.

I think there is plenty of evidence to support incidents between police and black males in particular are far more violent than necessary. There are tons of factors in it though. It isn't just "racism" but that can be a lazy term for some of it. It is the term you go to way more than everyone else here on this board and it gets old. NO one can move on or comment without being a racist in your eyes and it sets the discussion back 10 years.

I think the point of that aggression comes from many things- from dealing with the worst of the worst of the population all day, every day. I know it wears on officers in all levels of law enforcement. Burnout, psychological baggage, with long hours and not great pay don't help. We are just now understanding these aspects of policing at various levels and understanding the toll it takes. More time off, more psych care, etc... are being implemented.

Outreach and involvement have improved but before the last few years its been an us vs them mentality. The mindset set in is very unhealthy and it generally came from the Biden backed bills of stop and frisk. Basically giving police the written policy to check black people as they wished.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 03-31-2021 at 08:10 AM.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,925 Posts
    Black Lives Matter

Asian Lives Matter

No needless person should have to die. Except when they refuse to get vaccinated for Covid amirite?

Trying to see if I'm doing this right.
    Ivermectin Man

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (03-31-2021)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Guy who thinks he’s cool because he didn’t have a full time job in his 20s chimes in.

Thanks
    Lol it's so funny that your only thing you can use against me is a job I was fired from 11 years ago. Fun fact, before my 20s were up I was a homeowner, I don't know if that's something many other people in my age group can say, but keep on dunking on me getting fired from a job I gave 2 ****s about.

But I think it's ironic you somehow passed a CPA without being able to do simple statistics. You know the phrase, garbage in garbage out? Yeah, that applies in your example. Hence the Irony

I know a joke isn't worth telling if you have to explain it but you're so far off the deepend I feel like there is no joke with you, because what is a joke to everyone else is your reality.

Still awaiting that Kraken.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,913 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Lol it's so funny that your only thing you can use against me is a job I was fired from 11 years ago. Fun fact, before my 20s were up I was a homeowner, I don't know if that's something many other people in my age group can say, but keep on dunking on me getting fired from a job I gave 2 ****s about.

But I think it's ironic you somehow passed a CPA without being able to do simple statistics. You know the phrase, garbage in garbage out? Yeah, that applies in your example. Hence the Irony

I know a joke isn't worth telling if you have to explain it but you're so far off the deepend I feel like there is no joke with you, because what is a joke to everyone else is your reality.

Still awaiting that Kraken.
    Well if you understood what the figures meant in the statistic you think shows blacks are disproportionately killed by police then you’d know it was a faulty and almost irrelevant measure.

But I don’t expect someone who can’t hold a part time job at Verizon to understand these things.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    lets level the field to where we are talking about the same thing
    A definition of Jim Crow
    ok ?
    ////

Black codes and Jim Crow laws were laws passed at different periods in the southern United States to enforce racial segregation and curtail the power of black voters.

After the Civil War ended in 1865, some states passed black codes that severely limited the rights of black people, many of whom had been enslaved. These codes limited what jobs African Americans could hold, and their ability to leave a job once hired. Some states also restricted the kind of property black people could own. The Reconstruction Act of 1867 weakened the effect of the black codes by requiring all states to uphold equal protection under the 14th Amendment, particularly by enabling black men to vote. (U.S. law prevented women of any race from voting in federal elections until 1920.)

During Reconstruction, many black men participated in politics by voting and by holding office. Reconstruction officially ended in 1877, and southern states then enacted more discriminatory laws. Efforts to enforce white supremacy by legislation increased, and African Americans tried to assert their rights through legal challenges. However, this effort led to a disappointing result in 1896, when the Supreme Court ruled, in Plessy v. Ferguson, that so-called “separate but equal” facilities—including public transport and schools—were constitutional. From this time until the Civil Rights Act of 1964, discrimination and segregation were legal and enforceable.

One of the first reactions against Reconstruction was to deprive African-American men of their voting rights. While the 14th and 15th Amendments prevented state legislatures from directly making it illegal to vote, they devised a number of indirect measures to disenfranchise black men. The grandfather clause said that a man could only vote if his ancestor had been a voter before 1867—but the ancestors of most African-Americans citizens had been enslaved and constitutionally ineligible to vote. Another discriminatory tactic was the literacy test, applied by a white county clerk. These clerks gave black voters extremely difficult legal documents to read as a test, while white men received an easy text. Finally, in many places, white local government officials simply prevented potential voters from registering. By 1940, the percentage of eligible African-American voters registered in the South was only three percent. As evidence of the decline, during Reconstruction, the percentage of African-American voting-age men registered to vote was more than 90 percent.

African Americans faced social, commercial, and legal discrimination. Theatres, hotels, and restaurants segregated them in inferior accommodations or refused to admit them at all. Shops served them last. In 1937, The Negro Motorist Green Book, a travel guide, was first published. It listed establishments where African-American travelers could expect to receive unprejudiced service. Segregated public schools meant generations of African-American children often received an education designed to be inferior to that of whites—with worn-out or outdated books, underpaid teachers, and lesser facilities and materials. In 1954, the Supreme Court declared discrimination in education unconstitutional in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, but it would take another 10 years for Congress to restore full civil rights to minorities, including protections for the right to vote.

The Black Codes and Jim Crow Laws
    The effort to protect the rights of blacks under Reconstruction was largely crushed by a series of oppressive laws and tactics called Jim Crow and the black codes. Here, an African-American man drinks from a water fountain marked "colored" at a streetcar terminal in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in 1939.

/////

- National Geographic ENCYCLOPEDIC ENTRY
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-31-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,913 Posts
    Completely irrelevant post.

How are Africana American rights any different today than any other race? Please be specific if you think they are.
    Natural Immunity Croc

24. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (03-31-2021)