Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CBO - ObamaCare may cut 2.5 million jobs

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Mine has actually gone DOWN about 50%.........Just sayin'..........Of course I hear that a group of Arkansas Republicans are working behind the scenes trying to get the funding taken away since I guess the right people aren't making quite enough under the new system. You see some of the insurance providers were smart and made a deal with the government to provide coverage and apparently still made a pretty good profit out of the deal. I guess some people only like profits when the right people make them, huh?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    It's misleading though to say that it cuts unemployment, because it only does so by lowering the workforce. The article you posted didn't debunk the article itself, just the unemployment line Sturg used, which I guess was your point
    Yes, of course that was my point. I don't really think any of us know how this is going to play out, Republicans tend to believe what Republican "experts" say, which is that it won't work, and Democrats, who have been after this sort of thing since, well forever, believe it will work because their "experts" say it will and I really don't think anyone knows for sure.

You guys used to give strug a lot of grief for being a Paulbot, but I promise you the places he has migrated to since Dr. Paul retired are NOT an improvement. Did you happen to check out either of the sites I posted the other day in the Minimum wage thread. Sturg is a good guy but at least one of those sites I posted makes the most radical TEA party folks you've ever heard of look like the Mary Poppins fan club.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Mine has actually gone DOWN about 50%.........Just sayin'..........Of course I hear that a group of Arkansas Republicans are working behind the scenes trying to get the funding taken away since I guess the right people aren't making quite enough under the new system. You see some of the insurance providers were smart and made a deal with the government to provide coverage and apparently still made a pretty good profit out of the deal. I guess some people only like profits when the right people make them, huh?

That's cause you are an old fart, government worker, right Hawk??

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    That's cause you are an old fart, government worker, right Hawk??
    Well I am yes but that's not why, do you remember back when the Braves were first getting to be good back in the early 90's (come on, you know you do) and the Tomahawk Chop thing made the politically correct crowd all up in arms, and some Native American groups were angry, etc.? Do you remember how the smartest group of them responded? There was a group of Cherokees up in your state (you are from NC, right??) who made and sold like 30,000 foam tomahawks. Who was the smartest group during the protest? Those who bitched and moaned and got some air time or those who got creative and prospered from the deal? Well apparently some insurance companies in AR got creative and agreed to do the state employees insurance, under the umbrella requirements of the ACA and now our coverage is literally about 1/2 of what it was. The deductibles and copays are all a little different some are a little higher others are a little cheaper so I think it will balance out for the most part.

You see I'm not an insurance or economics expert like some of you guys but I do know greed when I see it. The insurance companies had a super sweet deal the old way, they made profits off of other people's suffering and kicked people with serious health problems off their coverage and left them to die (what is this but a death panel???) and they didn't like anyone messing with their sweetheart deal. Well some other companies came along, saw they could make money by guaranteeing the coverages, etc. and made the deal, leaving the old crew wondering what happened.

Remember when I criticized insurance companies as making a killing at other people's expense and someone (Toma4life I think but I won't swear to it) came in with the Repub talking point that they really didn't make much at all, on a few cents per unit or some such nonsense? Well the insurance companies just break it down like that so they can appear like paupers. Wal Mart breaks their stuff down into units too and I don't think any of us would say they aren't making money, would we?

Remember David14? I haven't heard anything from him in a long time, I hope he's OK these days. Remember one of his biggest problems facing this nation was public sector unions and how they were so greedy and were unfair in how they had guaranteed government jobs but wanted to almost hold the government hostage for even more money? Well what has the insurance company club done over the years? They're just operating at the supply end of things, just like the oil companies, the big banks, etc. Repubs don't seem to mind (and correct me if you're not in with them on this) when greed gets out of control at the supply end of the chain, only when it's perceived to exist at the demand or lower socio-economic end of the chain.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Hawk, I don't think it is fair that your HC insurance costs went down. You are just a winner in life's lottery I suppose. Whatcha going to do with your savings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,924 Posts
    How on earth would anyone know if they have made a profit or not yet?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    how many would be lost if we just got rid of employees offering healthcare and got rid of this bad plan and went with a single payer system?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Might as well now. So long as the single payer system has higher tax rates on all those younger or richer than me.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 02-08-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    How on earth would anyone know if they have made a profit or not yet?
    Companies make all those statements, plans, etc. based on what they EXPECT to make, then go from there. It's insurance companies, remember? They already know more about us, our tendencies, even our life expectancies than we do. Of course they'd have a pretty good idea what they're going to make in any average year.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Hawk, I don't think it is fair that your HC insurance costs went down. You are just a winner in life's lottery I suppose. Whatcha going to do with your savings?
    Yeah, right!!! I've had more than my share (in my opinion anyway) of the other stuff, I'll sure take a good break when I get one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,924 Posts
    Companies make all those statements, plans, etc. based on what they EXPECT to make, then go from there. It's insurance companies, remember? They already know more about us, our tendencies, even our life expectancies than we do. Of course they'd have a pretty good idea what they're going to make in any average year.
    After having to ask no questions as to pre existing conditions, id say it will be at least til policies end that we have any ideas on returns. Probably really soon to tell

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,861 Posts

You guys used to give strug a lot of grief for being a Paulbot, but I promise you the places he has migrated to since Dr. Paul retired are NOT an improvement. Did you happen to check out either of the sites I posted the other day in the Minimum wage thread. Sturg is a good guy but at least one of those sites I posted makes the most radical TEA party folks you've ever heard of look like the Mary Poppins fan club.
    What are you talking about?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Yeah, right!!! I've had more than my share (in my opinion anyway) of the other stuff, I'll sure take a good break when I get one.

But there are hurting people out there. Don't go getting greedy! ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    http://www.latimes.com/opinion/comme...#axzz2svt58V1k

"But the good news has not gotten much attention because the CBO also projected that, within the next several years, healthcare reform may reduce employment and worker hours by the equivalent of about 2 million full-time positions. We told you so, critics declare: Obamacare is a job killer!

But actually the CBO did not project lost jobs at all. Job leaving is not the same as job losing. Many Americans who may eventually leave jobs or reduce their work hours will do so by choice to make themselves and their families better off. Voluntary reductions are not a cost of the healthcare reform law, they are a benefit.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/comme...#ixzz2svxq9kM1

//////////////////////

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,861 Posts
    Can you help me understand how I could have avoided my 79% increase? I've been waiting for some time now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    learn to ask better questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,861 Posts
    Which question should I have asked, that would have not made my health care go up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    If one train leaves a station in Phoenix and another train leaves a station in Baltimore at the same time - will Dan Uggla be with the team opening day?

That will get you started

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,861 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    If one train leaves a station in Phoenix and another train leaves a station in Baltimore at the same time - will Dan Uggla be with the team opening day?

That will get you started
    I see. So when you make fun of me for getting a 79% raise on HC because "I didn't read the details," you really have no justification for it but have to find some way to defend the horrible law.

Got it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    I hate like hell answering questions with questions but here goes.
    Why did you float this inflammatory rise in rates to begin with?

Maybe something simple like a PM to OK Hawk asking what he did -- that might be a start.

Until then, you being the only person I have heard of who's rates have risen by that astronomical number, will have to endure my ridicule for being a) a free loader on your boss/companies policy in contrast with anyone else that "takes" b) so quick to post anything that rings of ACA failure. Regardless the validity. Because there hasn't to my memory been anything you've shown concerning ACA that hasn't been debunked within a day.

Maybe that is the question you should have asked "why am I always wrong on this topic"
    then of course the Uggla thing
    Sheeeesh
    ///////////////////////

Perhaps you will address the topic instead of talking about "you"
    A simple I was wrong might go a long way
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-10-2014 at 03:32 PM.