5,851 Posts
    Are you rooting for Tesla to fail?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Are you rooting for Tesla to fail?
    I closed my shorts a while back. No vested interest. But the entertainment value is certainly very high.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,851 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I closed my shorts a while back. No vested interest. But the entertainment value is certainly very high.
    Lol oh yeah I remember when you were saying how you held shorts for a year while the stock doubled. That never happened of course... Or if it did, you had such a small amount of money in them, who cares?

But you seem awfully excited about the prospect of Tesla failing. You haven't talked as.much about other companies with similar market cap declines. Strange.

Especially since you're a.good liberal who loves the environment. A thriving Tesla should be of top interest it would seem.

Strange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    I root for prosperity for all Americans and all people around the world.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,851 Posts
    Lol right that's what I expected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,851 Posts
    TSLA the 490th best performing stock in the S&P 500 this year. They are closing the year with a flourish. I could see them edging up the league tables over the next ten days.
    Based on your certainty of it's demise, I decided to take a look at the charts and dipped my toe back in at $138. Let's see how it rolls

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Lol oh yeah I remember when you were saying how you held shorts for a year while the stock doubled. That never happened of course... Or if it did, you had such a small amount of money in them, who cares?

But you seem awfully excited about the prospect of Tesla failing. You haven't talked as.much about other companies with similar market cap declines. Strange.

Especially since you're a.good liberal who loves the environment. A thriving Tesla should be of top interest it would seem.

Strange
    Tesla is 100% going to fail, but it’ll still be on a nice run for a half decade or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,851 Posts
    Yeah when Bezos bought WAPO, it should have killed AMZN know how Wapo is trash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Gallon of gas: $2.98

Anal fantasy butt plug at Walmart (per MTG): $13.49

Elon owning the libs: $847 billion

"I am your retribution."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (12-23-2022)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    While paying 44 billion to want to be liked as a “free speech” advocate (while he bans people lol) and losing all that cause maga losers don’t buy the cars he makes lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Elon Musk’s wealth and borrowing power are now being tested as the Tesla Inc. shares that have fueled his fortune have sharply declined while he aims to stabilize his massive personal investment in Twitter Inc.

The auto maker’s share value has fallen 18% this week alone and more than 60% since Mr. Musk announced his plan to buy the social-media platform.

His ability to use his shares at Tesla to raise money, by selling or borrowing against them, has been complicated by their rapid downdraft in recent months.

Historically, Mr. Musk has been a cash-poor billionaire, depending upon so-called margin loans—borrowing backed up by his shares—for his personal expenses and business investments while holding on to his Tesla shares and benefiting from their rising value.

But Tesla’s market value has fallen by about $700 billion this year, sinking his personal wealth along the way. The decline in Tesla’s valuation comes after years of growth that has allowed him to easily borrow money without having to cash out his shares.

Shares in Tesla have fallen around 65% in 2022, dinged, in part, by the higher interest-rate environment. Another issue relates to the reason he may need cash: Twitter. Tesla investors have been concerned that Mr. Musk’s attention is divided following his October takeover of the social-media company.

Late last year, just as Tesla’s stock price peaked, he began selling Tesla shares, totaling more than $39 billion including $3.5 billion last week. What his liquidity is like is unknown after what he said would be a more than $11 billion tax bill for 2021 and putting up roughly $25 billion in cash as part of buying Twitter.

Mr. Musk’s current Tesla holdings, not including exercisable options, total 424 million shares worth about $52 billion at Friday’s closing price of $123.15 a share.

Simply put, if he could tap all of those shares as collateral under Tesla’s rules, he would be allowed to borrow about $13 billion. That is only a bit more than he planned to borrow in April as part of the original Twitter deal using just 40% of his shares as collateral, underscoring how his borrowing power has shrunk with the collapse of the car company’s share price. He later scrapped those proposed margin loans to fund the deal amid investor concerns over the risk.

Tesla’s board of directors has limited his borrowing power to essentially 25 cents on every dollar of share value, according to regulatory filings. As the shares fall in value, he must comply with the 25% limit. The risk to Tesla shareholders, as the company describes in its regulatory filings, is that he may have to unload a lot of shares at once to generate cash. He has never disclosed at what price he would need to pony up more collateral.

In recent days, Mr. Musk has swatted down the idea of margin loans altogether.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-mu...d=hp_lead_pos1
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-23-2022 at 08:58 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Twitter owner Elon Musk said last week that the journalists he abruptly suspended for alleged rule violations were welcome to rejoin the platform after only two days on the sidelines. “The people have spoken,” he tweeted following a poll that strongly favored restoring the accounts.

But Musk didn’t mention that there was a catch.

Twitter has privately demanded that the suspended journalists delete the tweets that drew Musk’s ire in the first place — a condition the reporters have refused to accept.

The result is a stalemate: The suspended journalists remain in Twitter purgatory, unable to access their accounts.

The tweets in question mentioned or linked to a Twitter account called @ElonJet, which tracked the whereabouts of Musk’s private jet using publicly available flight data. All of the journalists were covering or commenting on Musk’s decision to banish the account, which he said threatened his family’s safety by tracking his movements.

None of the journalists’ tweets about @ElonJet, however, disclosed information about Musk or his jet’s location, despite Musk’s claim that the journalists had posted “assassination coordinates.”

The reporters maintain that their tweets were part of their reporting activities and didn’t violate any rules about “doxing,” the unsavory practice of posting personal information without permission. Accepting Musk’s demand for deletion, they say, would amount to a false admission of wrongdoing and an abdication to Musk’s subjective enforcement. They remain suspended.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media...ended-elonjet/

Needless to say it is his business to do as he pleases with.

"I am your retribution."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-25-2022)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    I guess Elon fired one too many people to leave it's API exposed to hacking

https://breached.vc/Thread-Selling-T...-million-users
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Democrats all at once started hating Elon Musk because the media told them to.

It's crazy how powerful propaganda is and how easy it is to manipulate people.

This thread is like every Elon thread on every forum. Liberals posting gobs of propaganda over a bunch of small minute issues that don't even affect them. They have no idea that the point of this propaganda is to make them hate this guy who they really didn't care at all about a year ago.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Some of us have disliked musk for a long time.

What's funny is that this is something easy to see the downside to by anyone with a brain. Musk clearly made an offer for Twitter assuming the board wouldn't accept it or he'd be able to get out of the deal and he could pump up his stock value and dump it. Now he's got a massive debt that he needs to make a company profitable, bills are coming due, and he's getting boned.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,851 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    Democrats all at once started hating Elon Musk because the media told them to.

It's crazy how powerful propaganda is and how easy it is to manipulate people.

This thread is like every Elon thread on every forum. Liberals posting gobs of propaganda over a bunch of small minute issues that don't even affect them. They have no idea that the point of this propaganda is to make them hate this guy who they really didn't care at all about a year ago.
    It's hilarious.

They went from Trump was a Russian asset, to everyone wear a mask, to George Floyd must receive justice, to trump led a violent insurrection, to everyone must be vaccinated, to everyone must wave the Ukraine flag, to Elon musk is the new Satan.

All like clockwork. All on command

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (12-29-2022)

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    It's hilarious.

They went from Trump was a Russian asset, to everyone wear a mask, to George Floyd must receive justice, to trump led a violent insurrection, to everyone must be vaccinated, to everyone must wave the Ukraine flag, to Elon musk is the new Satan.

All like clockwork. All on command
    Yeah I don't doubt that Zito may not have liked Musk but I highly doubt he was active in pushing anti Musk propaganda before the media started manipulating him into doing so after the Twitter purchase.

The only reason why the media is anti Elon is because he is exposing their censorship of conservatives. If he wanted to leave Twitter the way it was, they would have no issues with this and neither would any of their minions. They do not care about fairness, rights or truth. All they care about is making sure their opinion reigns supreme while dissenting opinions are censored and slandered.