Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 7/19 - GDT: D-Bags at Braves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Can't wait to see Strider get touched up for 6 fckn runs in 4 innings at 100 pitches.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,345 Posts
    Remember when people were saying they were getting bored with this team? Things can change quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,132 Posts
    I’d rather hit a skid now and bounce back than do it in the playoffs. We’ve been so good we were bound to go on a small slump.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,848 Posts
    The Braves are a machine, but it’s leaking a little oil right now. Every team goes through a dip like this. Just hope it gets turned back around in quick fashion
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,132 Posts
    I think Strider stops the skid tomorrow and the offense steps it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,570 Posts
    Braves haven’t lost more than 4 in a row since 2017. If they do tomorrow, it’s time to panic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Can't wait to see Strider get touched up for 6 fckn runs in 4 innings at 100 pitches.
    On 11 singles, 3 errors, and a blown call confirmed by replay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,744 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Remember when people were saying they were getting bored with this team? Things can change quickly.
    I'm fine with some struggles now. I much prefer them now than September and October.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,879 Posts
    I'm telling y'all right now...this division lead is going to dissolve...quick
    lmao Braves have lost 0 games in the standings while losing 4 in a row. Get out of here clown.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I’d rather hit a skid now and bounce back than do it in the playoffs. We’ve been so good we were bound to go on a small slump.
    Same. Once the Braves got going last year they didn't hit a skid until the final series of the year after sweeping the Mets and it carried into the playoffs.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm fine with some struggles now. I much prefer them now than September and October.
    No doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    lmao Braves have lost 0 games in the standings while losing 4 in a row. Get out of here clown.
    They actually gained a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    You MFers think this a "skid" with talented players running out of the pen and rotation...Our bullpen is depleted and inconsistent...We can't fckn out slug everyone every night...You've been watching baseball long enough to know that we have a serious pitching problem...clown

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,038 Posts
    I think saying everything is fine and things will take care of themselves is whistling past the graveyard. We've got some pitching problems. Not only do we need depth on the starter and reliever sides, even our best are erratic.

Fried, Lee and Chavez will all help, but I think the staff overperformed in May/June/early July and while they're not as bad as the results the last week would indicate, we're having some issues that are not going away. We just promoted Dereck Rodriguez and Seth Elledge. Nick Anderson is gone. We've shuttled the number 4-5 spots among guys who should be in Gwinnett (Shuster, Dodd, Allard, Soroka, Smith-Shawver).

Even our best are erratic - Morton, Strider, Elder. Yes, I understand we look good in fWAR pitching, and I understand our defense hasn't helped for the last week, but the pitching is not championship caliber, hasn't been all year despite surprising success and I think we need help.
    Last edited by GovClintonTyree; 07-20-2023 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,918 Posts
    Ok did Chavez get his leg chopped off ?
    Ivermectin Man

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,879 Posts
    You MFers think this a "skid" with talented players running out of the pen and rotation...Our bullpen is depleted and inconsistent...We can't fckn out slug everyone every night...You've been watching baseball long enough to know that we have a serious pitching problem...clown
    lmao

Our rotation is fine. The pen is getting a little thin with the injuries but we'll get people back and make some additions at the deadline.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,038 Posts
    lmao

Our rotation is fine. The pen is getting a little thin with the injuries but we'll get people back and make some additions at the deadline.
    I don't know, thewupk. Shuster, Dodd, Allard, Soroka, Smith-Shawver? And Morton, Elder and Strider have spasms of badness. Who knows when Wright will be back. I'll feel a lot better if/when Fried comes back 100%.

Bullpen has a bunch of reclamation projects at this point.

I think we're threadbare.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    I don't know, thewupk. Shuster, Dodd, Allard, Soroka, Smith-Shawver? And Morton, Elder and Strider have spasms of badness. Who knows when Wright will be back. I'll feel a lot better if/when Fried comes back 100%.

I'm only concerned about the playoffs to be honest. And I'm assuming Fried is going to be 100% for that. He's looked good in his rehab starts so far. Fried/Strider/Morton is a really strong playoff trio.

You're not wrong about the pen. It's getting thin with the injuries that have cropped up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,744 Posts

Braves have one of the best staff's in baseball, and that's been mostly without fried and wright. Now sure we could give the last 4 games more weight than the previous 90 if y'all want, but it seems silly to me

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,993 Posts
    I think saying everything is fine and things will take care of themselves is whistling past the graveyard. We've got some pitching problems. Not only do we need depth on the starter and reliever sides, even our best are erratic.

Fried, Lee and Chavez will all help, but I think the staff overperformed in May/June/early July and while they're not as bad as the results the last week would indicate, we're having some issues that are not going away. We just promoted Dereck Rodriguez and Seth Elledge. Nick Anderson is gone. We've shuttled the number 4-5 spots among guys who should be in Gwinnett (Shuster, Dodd, Allard, Soroka, Smith-Shawver).

Even our best are erratic - Morton, Strider, Elder. Yes, I understand we look good in fWAR pitching, and I understand our defense hasn't helped for the last week, but the pitching is not championship caliber, hasn't been all year despite surprising success and I think we need help.
    It's always interesting reading the pre-trade deadline national takes and more than a couple think the Braves will try to land a starting pitcher (maybe not one in the top tier). Have to remember that Anthopoulos added Odorizzi last year and that was when Fried and Wright were both healthy. Anthopoulos is usually good for a surprise and is an adept bargain hunter, so if he can find another starter (especially someone who could swing into a relief role in the post-season) at a reasonable price, he may well go that way. I think the bullpen is the bigger issue right now and I fully expect the Braves to be in that market. Maybe a back-up IF, but given the Iron Man approach they've taken, either Grissom or Shewmake could assume that role in the post-season.

Question for the Braves is what do they have to offer in a deal. Smith-Shawver and Grissom are the only two guys (at least in my estimation) that likely quicken the pulse of prospective suitors. Anthopoulos has been able to prey on the stupid in the past, but there aren't a lot of bullets in the gun to swing something big.