Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Braves trade LaStella

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Your remembering of history is as always, wrong.
    You pretend that it didn't happen when you led the cheerleading section.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucksie View Post
    Actually that was Dalyn. His cheers for Stella still ring in my ears. Zito was assistant cheerleader. And thethe (may Allah bless his soul) was not far behind, but he is rather invariant in his exceedingly high estimation of all Braves prospects.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (09-03-2015), Knucksie (09-03-2015), UNCBlue012 (09-03-2015)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucksie View Post
    If by leading the cheering section you mean I thought he was our best 2B option, then you're right. I never called him great. I thought his ceiling (read best he could do) was a 2-3 WAR player. Hardly can call predicting that a "cheerleading section"
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I'm a Stella! fan, but obviously this trade worked out completely in our favor (so far). Still eager to see what he can do when healthy. I think he could pull off a .285 .370 .330. on a consistent basis. Could be a nice #2.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (09-03-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The La Stella trade is looking like Hart's second best trade so far (signed some decent prospects with the slot money). After the Kimbrel trade.
    No mention of the Touki trade. That was straight highway robbery.

I mean we at least gave up a really good talent in the Kimbrel deal. We basically gave up nothing in the Touki deal.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,004 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    I'm a Stella! fan, but obviously this trade worked out completely in our favor (so far). Still eager to see what he can do when healthy. I think he could pull off a .285 .370 .330. on a consistent basis. Could be a nice #2.
    If La Stella ever gets 500 ABs in a season, I'll be extremely surprised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    No mention of the Touki trade. That was straight highway robbery.

I mean we at least gave up a really good talent in the Kimbrel deal. We basically gave up nothing in the Touki deal.
    Not true, considering we gave up something extra for the Dodgers to take Arroyo. Question is what was that we gave up. Supposed it's Gosselin and Peraza for Touki, is that highway robbery? I don't think so, I think it's a prospect swap of similar value.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    Not true, considering we gave up something extra for the Dodgers to take Arroyo. Question is what was that we gave up. Supposed it's Gosselin and Peraza for Touki, is that highway robbery? I don't think so, I think it's a prospect swap of similar value.
    Two completely seperate trades that have no relation to each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,006 Posts
    I get the merit, but they were two different trades at completely different times. THAT trade was robbery in every way possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Two completely seperate trades that have no relation to each other.
    Except that the reason we got Touki for only Gosselin was taking on Arroyo's salary, which we then traded to the Dodgers about a month later. If you do the standard math estimate, we ate about 2M of his salary in the end, the doders are winding up eating about 7.5M. You don't think there's value to what the Dodgers took on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    We got Touki for Gosselin + $9.5M

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (09-03-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    We got Touki for Gosselin + $9.5M
    I also don't think the Dodgers payed hardly any of what's due to Arroyo in salary while taking him in the Wood/Peraza for Olivera deal.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    In addition to what the others have said about the two trades being separate, you also can't just break the Dodgers deal down that simply. I could go with just about any combination of pieces of that deal to fit the narrative I'm after. Is Avilan and Gosselin for Touki a good deal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    In addition to what the others have said about the two trades being separate, you also can't just break the Dodgers deal down that simply. I could go with just about any combination of pieces of that deal to fit the narrative I'm after. Is Avilan and Gosselin for Touki a good deal?
    That's the point I was making. What did we give up? Was it Peraza? Was it Avilan? Was it Wood instead of Perez? We don't know, but we can pretty safely assume we didn't trade Gosselin for Touki straight up. Either we're still eating the majority of Arroyo's deal and the Dodgers took him for likely one of the relievers so we had a 40 man spot without the penalty of straight up cutting him, or they're paying for him and we're giving up something for them to do it. I am not sure as I'm not in the FO. But it's hardly highway robbery anyway. We bought him for a big fee.

If someone offered 10M and a fringe player for Lucas Sims would you say no? And Sims has produced better in the minors than Touki as well.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    If by leading the cheering section you mean I thought he was our best 2B option, then you're right. I never called him great. I thought his ceiling (read best he could do) was a 2-3 WAR player. Hardly can call predicting that a "cheerleading section"
    So what is his WAR? Educate me. Perfect Cell, Meta, the other trained monkeys and maybe even you informed us that Kelly was going to have 1.000 OPS when that the flavor of the month stat.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    That's the point I was making. What did we give up? Was it Peraza? Was it Avilan? Was it Wood instead of Perez? We don't know, but we can pretty safely assume we didn't trade Gosselin for Touki straight up. Either we're still eating the majority of Arroyo's deal and the Dodgers took him for likely one of the relievers so we had a 40 man spot without the penalty of straight up cutting him, or they're paying for him and we're giving up something for them to do it. I am not sure as I'm not in the FO. But it's hardly highway robbery anyway. We bought him for a big fee.

If someone offered 10M and a fringe player for Lucas Sims would you say no? And Sims has produced better in the minors than Touki as well.
    For one, Sims does not have the ceiling Touki does and is older with more twice as many innings. Of course he's had more success.

But regardless, no I wouldn't trade Sims for 10 million and fringe prospect. And I would be pretty pissed if the Braves did something like that.