Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: HRC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    When are we going to discuss things that matter? Like her economic growth agenda?

All I hear from her is "xyz justice"

We need growth. Hilary has none
    We disagree. I think investments made in children do matter. A strong sturdy society fundamental to growth
    We also disagree on top to bottom politics. I believe politics like any good structure is based on a foundation.

Do you consider "growth" a foundational issue ?
    Or a product of a strong society ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-05-2016 at 03:18 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    This White House loves Comey for some reason.
    what makes you say that?
    did you forget that Obama held over Bush43 Sec of Defense
    ?

Actually that was the Sec of Defense during HRC tenure at State

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,993 Posts
    This White House loves Comey for some reason.
    FBI directors do not serve at the behest of the President. They are nominated by the President (as Comey was by Obama), but serve independently of whoever occupies the White House. They have 10-year-terms. The sitting President when a term expires can nominate a new director (or if an FBI director resigns, the sitting President does nominate). Obama actually lengthened the term of Bush appointee Robert Mueller through statute, adding an extra two years to Mueller's service.

The new appointment process was set up in 1972 after the death of J. Edgar Hoover.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    We disagree. I think investments made in children do matter. A strong sturdy society fundamental to growth
    We also disagree on top to bottom politics. I believe politics like any good structure is based on a foundation.

Do you consider "growth" a foundational issue ?
    Or a product of a strong society ?
    So Hilary now wants free school for 4 year olds... Sweet... more centralized education for children as our kids get dumber and dumber each passing year.

Who's paying?

Where's the economic growth. How about cutting tax rates on corporations?

Oh wait - that's pro business. No thanks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (07-05-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    FBI directors do not serve at the behest of the President. They are nominated by the President (as Comey was by Obama), but serve independently of whoever occupies the White House. They have 10-year-terms. The sitting President when a term expires can nominate a new director (or if an FBI director resigns, the sitting President does nominate). Obama actually lengthened the term of Bush appointee Robert Mueller through statute, adding an extra two years to Mueller's service.

The new appointment process was set up in 1972 after the death of J. Edgar Hoover.
    I'm well aware of that, but obviously Obama would want to appoint someone he likes. White House wanted him on the Supreme Court too. There's something there. Maybe they played footsie one time.
    thank you weso1!

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I'm well aware of that, but obviously Obama would want to appoint someone he likes. White House wanted him on the Supreme Court too. There's something there. Maybe they played footsie one time.
    If you know anything about Comey, you know he's Johnny Freaking Straightedge. Pretty much universally respected...way moreso than any recent high LE official. I don't know why you're trying to make the fact that the guy is good, dedicated, and competent enough to be appointed by Obama after serving in a republican administration into a bad thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    If you know anything about Comey, you know he's Johnny Freaking Straightedge. Pretty much universally respected...way moreso than any recent high LE official. I don't know why you're trying to make the fact that the guy is good, dedicated, and competent enough to be appointed by Obama after serving in a republican administration into a bad thing.
    How exactly did I turn it into a bad thing?
    thank you weso1!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,345 Posts
    This guy did the same thing as Hillary(unauthorized removal and retention of classified materials without malicious intent). Look what happened to him. https://www.fbi.gov/sacramento/press...fied-materials

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (07-05-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,834 Posts
    "I didn't use more than one device"
    Lie
    "I didn't send or receive classified information"
    Lie
    "Information was not intercepted by foreign governments"
    Lie
    "I turned over all information to the FBI"
    Lie

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (07-05-2016)

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    456 Posts
    I've never understood this email scandal. If there is no proof any classified information was stolen or hacked, what does it matter? Should she have followed protocol, sure. But I never read any complaints from the GOP about Colon Powell and his use of email thru a personal account.

If you want someone other than Hillary to be president, you grab on to any scandal you can. Such as Benghazi.

Benghazi? Uh, 9/11 happened when a Republican was "keeping us safe". Yet Bush was regarded as a hero. Benghazi happened in a hostel country where we probably shouldn't even have an embassy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    I've never understood this email scandal. If there is no proof any classified information was stolen or hacked, what does it matter? Should she have followed protocol, sure. But I never read any complaints from the GOP about Colon Powell and his use of email thru a personal account.

If you want someone other than Hillary to be president, you grab on to any scandal you can. Such as Benghazi.

Benghazi? Uh, 9/11 happened when a Republican was "keeping us safe". Yet Bush was regarded as a hero. Benghazi happened in a hostel country where we probably shouldn't even have an embassy.
    I think Bush is a great comp for Hilary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    this is a broken record - and speaks to Julio's point

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ain/?tid=sm_tw
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-05-2016 at 06:19 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    this is a broken record - and speaks to Julio's point

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ain/?tid=sm_tw
    Good. Maybe justice will be done this time around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,834 Posts
    This would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad..

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (07-05-2016), Garmel (07-05-2016), weso1 (07-06-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts

Its a gotcha game. If this was a Republican in the same situation they would say it's no big deal. I'm
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Its a gotcha game. If this was a Republican in the same situation they would say it's no big deal. I'm
    Remember the Reps had no problem with the crimes of the Bush administration or Cheney's petty outing of Valarie Plame. The fact is, high ranking govt officials on either side rarely ever get busted, although the Reps do do their best.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-05-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,834 Posts
    From 2013

The Senate on Monday approved James B. Comey to become the director of the FBI, giving an overwhelming bipartisan boost of approval to someone who has served presidents of both parties.

Mr. Comey overcame a last-minute objection by Sen. Rand Paul, Kentucky Republican, who was trying to filibuster the nomination in order to force the FBI to explain its drone surveillance policy.

The 93-1 vote — Mr. Paul was the lone “no” vote — makes Mr. Comey the seventh director of the country’s top law enforcement agency, succeeding Robert S. Mueller III, who served for 12 years — the longest tenure since J. Edgar Hoover.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,832 Posts

I've longed loathed how the email "scandal" has been used as a political cudgel—especially since, as noted, there's a lot of shoe/other-foot hypocrisy at play amongst many of those most vocal about Clinton's private email server and the attendant lapses in judgment—but if you want to know why it matters, this article details pretty thoroughly why the non-prosecution of Clinton is sort of a big small deal.
    Last edited by jpx7; 07-05-2016 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Thanks sturg; hit the embed button but the link didn't paste.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-06-2016), Julio3000 (07-05-2016), sturg33 (07-06-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I've longed loathed how the email "scandal" has been used as a political cudgel—especially since, as noted, there's a lot of shoe/other-foot hypocrisy at play amongst many of those most vocal about Clinton's private email server and the attendant lapses in judgment—but if you want to know why it matters, this article details pretty thoroughly why the non-prosecution of Clinton is sort of a big small deal.
    Think you forgot to link it

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-05-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    —but if you want to know why it matters, this article details pretty thoroughly why the non-prosecution of Clinton is sort of a big small deal.
    Underscoring that she is THE Establishment candidate. Most would never admit it publicly, but many well-connected Rs will vote for her come Nov. She's the only conservative on the ticket.

If Trump had been smart, he would've seen this coming (most did) and downplayed the FBI "investigation", while harping on how her private email server/scandal showed such poor and unpresidential judgement. Instead he flits about from one ridiculous hyperbole to another, rarely giving evidence of being able to see the big picture.
    Last edited by Runnin; 07-05-2016 at 10:26 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-05-2016)