Page 109 of 239 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 4769

Thread: Some Red State/Blue State Indicia

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    There is no printed dollar too large for the lecturer when it comes to spending on war

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,749 Posts
    Favre needs to go to prison even if he pays it back. He shouldn't get off the hook for trying to defraud us just because he paid it back.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,761 Posts
    While we giving all this money to foreign countries, do they have drinking water in flint and Jackson? I live an hour from jackson, and I wouldn't hand them a check for fear of misuse. You can't convince me foreign countries wouldn't/don't do the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,749 Posts
    So you are telling me it was either support Ukraine or fix those things and we chose Ukraine? Those were issues being ignored long before Russia invaded and will be issues long after Russia loses. Personally I would rather the government just give me the money so I can spend it on cocaine and hookers.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    So you are telling me it was either support Ukraine or fix those things and we chose Ukraine? Those were issues being ignored long before Russia invaded and will be issues long after Russia loses. Personally I would rather the government just give me the money so I can spend it on cocaine and hookers.
    I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one doing so if they gave it to you.

Personally I think our leaders (both sides) get major personal benefits with all this foreign aid. If it were up to me, 1 of the 87k new irs agents would be assigned to each congressman, governor, high level official. These people get way too rich while in office

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    It's a lame excuse. The money is a small part of our defense spending. And we are getting a big bang for the buck. There is the immediate degradation of Russia's capabilities. And it will make future aggression by Russia (and China) much less likely. It is an investment with a rather large payoff. We would be lucky if all federal spending had such a large payoff.

Meanwhile Brett Favre is laughing his way to the bank. Has the dude returned the money. We should be directing our ire to that sort of corruption and waste. Which has a payoff of ZERO to society. Unless you are inclined to view Favre and his accomplices as worthy charity causes
    I agree that those are possible benefits of our involvement in Ukraine. Our involvement has likely strengthened the Russian/Chinese relationship and increased the threat of nuclear war in a material way. I feel the costs of those downsides outweigh those specific benefits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Russia will end up as China's vassal aka glorified gas station. Nothing we can do about Vlad's geopolitical ineptitude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    The Russian's with talent and foresight are getting out of Dodge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Interesting graphic that could go into any number of threads. I think both these variables correlative with population density.

"I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    An honest question I have for you nsacpi.

WHY are cities so overwhelmingly monolithic with it's political viewpoints. I remember seeing DC voted 94% for Biden... How is that actually possible that there is that much of a hive mind?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    An honest question I have for you nsacpi.

WHY are cities so overwhelmingly monolithic with it's political viewpoints. I remember seeing DC voted 94% for Biden... How is that actually possible that there is that much of a hive mind?
    I think cities are actually more diverse in all sorts of ways including politics than the super red rural areas. Lots of counties voted over 90% for very poorly chosen one. Some over 95%. If you look at the graphic you are responding to, the bluest quadrant as a group is D+21. The reddest is R +58.

Aside from politics the blue areas are more diverse in all sorts of other ways.

As for why cities in particular are more blue, I think the graphic offers two clues. Densely populated areas have a lot of minorities and highly educated whites. You can always peel the onion an additional layer and ask why those two groups vote blue. But that's the answer to your question.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-12-2022 at 12:56 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one doing so if they gave it to you.

Personally I think our leaders (both sides) get major personal benefits with all this foreign aid. If it were up to me, 1 of the 87k new irs agents would be assigned to each congressman, governor, high level official. These people get way too rich while in office

Oh I agree politics is mostly legal corruption. Its all about moving up the social ladder of life for these people. What you get at is why I want Dems investigating Reps and Reps investigating Dems. I dont want them investigated by their own side. It's all about the perks of the position. They are truly the first class citizens to our society. Some of them go on about **** like Hunter Biden but absolutely none of them are interested in making laws outlawing all these perks for family members. I could go on about this **** all day. Most Presidential campaigns are about funneling money to friends and family. The DoJ held a 30k Christmas party at Trumps hotel. Even beyond the Trump hotel bit wut do they need a 30k Christmas party funded by tax payers to begin with. How many departments do this. I am guessing a lot. The really sad part is the ones who aren't corrupt are usuallt the dumbest. Like Bernie Sanders. Dudes been in Congress forever and is only worth 3 million much of which he got from writing a book, so he ain't corrupt, but is dumb as a doorknob. It's like theres a reverse correlation between corruption and stupidity.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 11-12-2022 at 12:57 PM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Oh I agree politics is mostly legal corruption. Its all about moving up the social ladder of life for these people. What you get at is why I want Dems investigating Reps and Reps investigating Dems. I dont want them investigated by their own side. It's all about the perks of the position. They are truly the first class citizens to our society. Some of them go on about **** like Hunter Biden but absolutely none of them are interested in making laws outlawing all these perks for family members. I could go on about this **** all day. Most Presidential campaigns are about funneling money to friends and family. The DoJ held a 30k Christmas party at Trumps hotel. Even beyond the Trump hotel bit wut do they need a 30k Christmas party funded by tax payers to begin with. How many departments do this. I am guessing a lot. The really sad part is the ones who aren't corrupt are usuallt the dumbest. Like Bernie Sanders. Dudes been in Congress forever and is only worth 3 million much of which he got from writing a book, so he ain't corrupt, but is dumb as a doorknob. It's like theres a reverse correlation between corruption and stupidity.
    One of the scandalous things about Hunter Biden is George W Bush appointing him to the board of Amtrak. When he was 36 and had done very little to deserve such an appointment. It reflects badly on both George and Joe. Less so on Hunter. If someone offered me a cushy board seat for which I was not qualified I'd say yes.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-12-2022 at 01:06 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,749 Posts
    Well Biden was a DINO really most of his career. No one worked with Republicans more than him. He pushed Republicans from the right on some issues and was said a lot of good things about GWB.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    One more interesting factoid: counties that voted blue in 2020 accounted for 70% of GDP. Red counties a little less than 30%.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,761 Posts
    Meat, oil, and sec football are red states. Try living a good life without those 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Meat, oil, and sec football are red states. Try living a good life without those 3
    Those are important but so is a good taqueria.

"I am your retribution."

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    Congratulations to the South for being where it is geographically, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Everyone knows that the glory of the south is the southern woman, but y'all seem a little shy about bringing that up.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Everyone knows that the glory of the south is the southern woman, but y'all seem a little shy about bringing that up.
    The women here are pretty nice. Pretty women are everywhere... of course, 300 lb women are everywhere too though. I think the 300 lb women contribute to best food in the country though, so they valuable too haha