Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Reports: Two Dallas Police Officers Shot During Protests

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    The cause of the violence is the lucrative black market created by the war on drugs. It's not the drugs fault that the black markets are generally run by dangerous people. It's prohibition that floods street gangs with money and a reason to fight over territory to make that money. That money is what funds the stream of illegal weapons.
    It's always somebody else's fault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    I don't agree with all of what Cajun has said but I don't see him simply trying to cast blame.
    Just trying to make sense out of something that doesn't make sense.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

weso1 (07-10-2016)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    I don't agree with all of what Cajun has said but I don't see him simply trying to cast blame.
    Just trying to make sense out of something that doesn't make sense.
    Saying that he feels safer that six thugs (cops) are dead is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. I would ask him if he has a better chance to be murdered by a cop or a minority but **** him.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

bravos4evr (07-11-2016)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Are you really that naive? This is what cops are there to do at protests.

Let me ask you a question. If a Police official tells his subordinates to search every black and latino age 14 to 21 do you consider them a criminal? Do you consider a cop a criminal if he sees and heres something like that and carries out his job as told and doesnt say anything?

Here is an example of what honest cops do when they see illegal activity.

I hope you run across a police officer who needs an arrest to meet his quota since your head is so far up their ass.

edit - almost forgot. I do not own my body because I can be arrested for smoking a joint in my own home. What I put into my body is my business and I believe Roe v Wade establishes that we have that privacy of our own body. How can someone have the right to kill a fetus inside their body but not smoke a joint? These same officers you weep for are the same ones I fear throwing a flash bang into my house in the middle of the night and murdering me because I inadvertently make a wrong movement while highly disoriented. Then the ones that murder me get a medal and claim they are justified in murdering me because I made a sudden movement. The way I see it I am a little safer now that theres a few less thugs off the street.

Show me case of people getting arrested for smoking weed in their home.

The Oakland protest.....the ones were they set buildings on fire? What do you expect from police when protestor shut the freeway down and start fires/
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    { Saying that he feels safer that six thugs (cops) are dead is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. I would ask him if he has a better chance to be murdered by a cop or a minority but **** him. }

the old thing about forest and trees

Talk about it - ask him why he feels that way instead of shaking your fist and yelling

Pretty sure everyone wants the same thing
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Arrest quotes? The lack of intelligence and ignorance of actually reading instead of just believing wide left or wide right propaganda is as much at fault as anything.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gilesfan For This Useful Post:

weso1 (07-10-2016)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,849 Posts
    Cajun is absolutely right about the war on drugs... the fact that people can't see this is baffling to me

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (07-10-2016), jpx7 (07-10-2016)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-10-2016), Prikichi (07-11-2016)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Show me case of people getting arrested for smoking weed in their home
    http://blogs.findlaw.com/decided/201...or-search.html
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Cajun is absolutely right about the war on drugs... the fact that people can't see this is baffling to me
    I wouldn't say that he's absolutely right, but drug laws certainly need scrutiny. The area where I most disagree with Cajun is his moral position when determining when it's appropriate to take up arms against authority.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,849 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I wouldn't say that he's absolutely right, but drug laws certainly need scrutiny. The area where I most disagree with Cajun is his moral position when determining when it's appropriate to take up arms against authority.
    Not saying it's here.. but when it is appropriate?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

weso1 (07-10-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    It's a clever sign, but the vast majority of cops don't want a riot. And I don't think the vast majority of protestors want a riot either.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    I think when we don't have any control of when government takes what we reasonably hold most valuable.
    thank you weso1!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (07-11-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Arrest quotes? The lack of intelligence and ignorance of actually reading instead of just believing wide left or wide right propaganda is as much at fault as anything.
    You butchered the hell out of this, but I appreciate the sentiment.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Saying that he feels safer that six thugs (cops) are dead is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. I would ask him if he has a better chance to be murdered by a cop or a minority but **** him.
    Well considering the only times anyone has pointed an armed gun at me and threatened me were police officers I would say its more likely they shoot me.

Show me case of people getting arrested for smoking weed in their home.

The Oakland protest.....the ones were they set buildings on fire? What do you expect from police when protestor shut the freeway down and start fires/
    Heres a short version video of a youtuber getting arrested after some swatted him. They bring drug sniffing dogs into the victims house and find his pot. They are responding to a prank hostage threat and they arrest the frigging victim.

Murdered over 0.2 grams of pot. They call this a justified shooting but its so terrible to call murdering cops justified.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/swat-t...man-over-joint

There are any number of swat team raids that have gone bad over small amounts of pot including flat our raiding the wrong house.

As for the protests, I dont know how we are in disagreement here. The cops are at the protests to keep the protesters in line. If they started to get rowdy those officers "protecting" them would have put them back in line. Its real nice of them to tell us when we can protest, where we can protest, and how we can protest. Civil disobedience and protesting go hand in hand. Didnt some of Congress just have a "sit in " protest? Were they arrested for unlawful protest without a permit?

Well lucky for you some officers recorded their bosses telling them " I want 250's and C summons, I want a ghost town".

What bothers me is that we have perfect examples of how the policy is a failure. The reason for that is most of us were raised to think of drugs as bad and drug users as terrible people who deserve to be locked up. Its not easy to break free of what we were indoctrinated with when we were young. Thats when we are the most susceptible. Indoctrinated kids in our public schools is how the government affects long term change when its not what the public wants. Right now the big thing is indoctrinating our kids to fear guns and think of anyone who owns a gun as a bad person. Those kids are the ones who are going to grow up and vote to severely restrict gun ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    My moral position isnt any different than those of police officers. They dont shed any tears for the victims of police officers. Atleast those police officers families dont have to watch their family members murderer walk free and not even lose his job. Free to murder again. Heres a video of a cop

When they tax our tea. Seriously though, I think the police act more like an occupational army than they do law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bj1133 View Post
    It's always somebody else's fault
    Well if I locked a kid in a basement for 10 years chained to a chair and never seeing sunlight I wouldnt say its that kids fault he is an animal. I dont know how you can deny cause and effect. You must love our foreign policy. Its a lot like the drug war. Theres no denying its an abysmal failure but lets double down on that policy, that will fix it.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 07-10-2016 at 10:39 PM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Still Playing the Waiting Game bravos4evr's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Its a lot like the drug war. Theres no denying its an abysmal failure but lets double down on that policy, that will fix it.
    the drug war hasn't worked because prohibition never works. But the only reason our foreign policy hasn't worked as well as it might have is because our politicians have been more afraid about how other's and history might view them instead of giving the military an objective and turning them loose. We should be standing with our boot on the throat of the world, instead we pu$$y out every time things get hairy and start imposing silly rules on our military. We didn't win WW2 by being nice to the germans and japanese. we firebombed them, dropped nukes on them, we won by beating them viciously, brutally and swiftly with a solid plan for the post war environment. all this namby pamby stuff results in is long drawn out wars that have too many casualties, too many counter insurgents and not enough finality.

we should have signed an alliance with the russians, the chinese and India years ago and held the rest of the world hostage to our whims and what is our best interest. trying to fight while giving everyone participation trophies is like trying to have a threesome in a VW Bug, it's awkward, impossibly constrictive and everyone just ends up pissed off.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"- Tom Waits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    So the problem with foreign policy is that they were unwilling to start world war 3 and commit genocide? We are a warmongering nation. I'd say we have had 2 justifiable wars since WW2 yet have been in a constant state of war. I just dont know why these people get made when we bomb them and try to force our way of life on them. Theres certainly a lot I dont agree with in muslim countries but its their job to fix it, not ours. Imagine if Russia invaded and said they were here to free us from our corrupt government then called anyone that fought against them terrorists.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-11-2016)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    So the problem with foreign policy is that they were unwilling to start world war 3 and commit genocide? We are a warmongering nation. I'd say we have had 2 justifiable wars since WW2 yet have been in a constant state of war. I just dont know why these people get made when we bomb them and try to force our way of life on them. Theres certainly a lot I dont agree with in muslim countries but its their job to fix it, not ours. Imagine if Russia invaded and said they were here to free us from our corrupt government then called anyone that fought against them terrorists.

When those countries with problems don't fix them it's our job to fix those problems when it effects us.

You a big fan of slavery? You for women not having any rights? You for governments that commit genocides against its own people? You think it's okay that children are forced to work? You think Russia should be able to invade smaller countries and we should do nothing about it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,849 Posts
    Well considering the only times anyone has pointed an armed gun at me and threatened me were police officers I would say its more likely they shoot me.
    I too have had an office unholster his gun when he misheard what I said to him (I said "what's up sherrif?" And he pulled out his gun and said "what'd you say to me kid?" I nearly **** my pants

Another time I was tear gassed at a block party... We were doing nothing wrong but the riot police decided we needed to be tear gassed so they let loose on us.

I haven't had any encounters like that with normal people

There are any number of swat team raids that have gone bad over small amounts of pot including flat our raiding the wrong house.
    There's nothing sadder than when they raid the wrong the house... the home owner (rightfully) grabs a weapon, and then that home owner gets killed. And the police suffer no consequences

What bothers me is that we have perfect examples of how the policy is a failure. The reason for that is most of us were raised to think of drugs as bad and drug users as terrible people who deserve to be locked up. Its not easy to break free of what we were indoctrinated with when we were young. Thats when we are the most susceptible. Indoctrinated kids in our public schools is how the government affects long term change when its not what the public wants. Right now the big thing is indoctrinating our kids to fear guns and think of anyone who owns a gun as a bad person. Those kids are the ones who are going to grow up and vote to severely restrict gun ownership.
    Totally agreed. The numbers are staggering. The drug addicition rate is unchanged since the war on drugs started. We've spent over a trillion dollars, locked up millions of people, ruined countless lives, and it hasn't changed the addiction rate by one tick. Meanwhile the drug cartels run rampant. If we legalized drugs the cartels would go out of business and you could safely buy your drugs at walmart.

"BUT THEN EVERYONE WOULD BECOME ADDICTED!"

Funny story - the teen rate usage of marijuana in Colorado is unchanged since they legalized.

And lastly, about indocrtinating our kids? You're 100% right. It's so sad. And now Hilary wants public pre-school... get them even a year earlier! Our educational scores have gotten worse and worse as we have thrown more money at centralized education. I believe it's meant to intentionally make us stupid sheep and it is working.

When they tax our tea. Seriously though, I think the police act more like an occupational army than they do law enforcement.
    I don't have a good answer here... but I do think our society is way to forgiving of public officials and the double standards set. You're right that those congressmet broke the law with their sit in. Nothing will happen to them. Hilary broke the law. Nothing happened to her. These people take office as former teachers and they leave as millionaires. It's disgusting and insulting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    To working mothers expanded day care options are essential and not related to the drug war..
    Sometimes your narrow frame of reference is astounding