Page 1114 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 114614101410641104111211131114111511161124 ... LastLast
Results 22,261 to 22,280 of 22998

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    No MVP for Purdy. Dak is a finalist, but zero chance he takes it. It will almost assuredly be Lamar. 2 MVPs puts him in some pretty elite company for a QB most don't generally consider to be elite.
    Dak in contention over Purdy is hysterical.

Not that either deserves it but massive Dallas bias here....
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Dak in contention over Purdy is hysterical.

Not that either deserves it but massive Dallas bias here....
    I agree. Purdy shouldn't win the MVP. he shat that bed, but neither should Dak. Only 3 guys should get votes. Allen, McCaffrey and the winner Jackson.

Personally I'd do Lamar for MVP and McCaffrey for OPOY he deserves credit for his great season.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Falcons to hire Raheem Morris looks like. Guessing the GM didn't want to get pushed out if BB becomes HC lol.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I said it before, a healthy Lamar is one of the best players in the NFL. He doesn't put up stats but he wins. Something like 58-19. Lamar is what pundits think Cam was.

Issue for him has been health.
    He hasn't really won in the playoffs though. Houston was only his 2nd win in 5 tries.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Falcons to hire Raheem Morris looks like. Guessing the GM didn't want to get pushed out if BB becomes HC lol.
    Would have been hard to see all 3 of McKay, BB and Blank get along in the same building.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,330 Posts
    I’m not surprised. Raheem was hugely respected when he came here with Quinn.

It won’t matter who they hire if they can’t find a QB. I do think Raheem has the ability to be a good head coach though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    I still don’t buy Lamar as a great QB but he’s setting me up to look bad this year.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    He hasn't really won in the playoffs though. Houston was only his 2nd win in 5 tries.
    His teams have mostly been mid. THis is probably the best talent group he's had. If he doesn't win it all then you have a ding on him otherwise we'll see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    I mean time will tell if it's a good hire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    His teams have mostly been mid. THis is probably the best talent group he's had. If he doesn't win it all then you have a ding on him otherwise we'll see.
    Losing to mahomes is pretty easy to do.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    The 19 loss to Ten was a rough one. But other than that, cant really blame him too much and he hasnt had the best skill guys or offensive scheme until this year. Do agree they need to get it done this year though. Never know what can happen the next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I’m not surprised. Raheem was hugely respected when he came here with Quinn.

It won’t matter who they hire if they can’t find a QB. I do think Raheem has the ability to be a good head coach though.
    Probably the most unimpressive name floated for interviews honestly. Already had a very below average tenure here as interim.

Really need a smart OC in place to maximize the talent on that side of the ball
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Losing to mahomes is pretty easy to do.
    Playing against the promoters who want Taylor Swift at the Superbowl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Playing against the promoters who want Taylor Swift at the Superbowl.
    It’s a 2024 GOTV conspiracy in reality.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Probably the most unimpressive name floated for interviews honestly. Already had a very below average tenure here as interim.

Really need a smart OC in place to maximize the talent on that side of the ball
    Eh - just need a QB.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    I hate the Raheem Morris hire. There where so many better options. There's literally no reason to hire him over BB except front office politics. Everything good you can say about Morris, you can say more about BB. But hiring a guy because of a front office power struggle is on brand for the Falcons.

Morris is just such a boring hire. He's a respected leader that people like but he's never going to be mistaken for a genius system builder.

He's basically Mike Smith 2. I expect the Falcons will settle in as a good team that lacks that elite coaching edge. Morris will probably last 5 years or so then be fired with little to show for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I hate the Raheem Morris hire. There where so many better options. There's literally no reason to hire him over BB except front office politics. Everything good you can say about Morris, you can say more about BB. But hiring a guy because of a front office power struggle is on brand for the Falcons.

Morris is just such a boring hire. He's a respected leader that people like but he's never going to be mistaken for a genius system builder.

He's basically Mike Smith 2. I expect the Falcons will settle in as a good team that lacks that elite coaching edge. Morris will probably last 5 years or so then be fired with little to show for it.
    This sounds like a description of my Cowboys, which ISN'T a compliment by the way.

I think Purdy and Dak deserve "consideration, but McCaffrey would get my vote over either of them. In the end though, any MVP winner this year who isn't named Lamar Jackson is a mistake IMO. I remember the old saying about a particular player not being big enough or fast enough, or having some of those "textbook qualities" coaches, talent evaluators, etc., rave about, they love him anyway because "he's just a great football player" seems to fit.

2 keys to beating Baltimore/Lamar.
    1.) control the football, ie pound the rock, keep moving the chains, and keep him off the field, and especially keep him from getting comfortable, getting in a rhythm, etc. like TN did a few years back.
    2.) keep him in the pocket. He isn't a bad passing QB but if KC let's him get out of the pocket, use his legs, etc., they'll be in for a long day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post

At some point Blank has to let McKay go. McKay's tenure as a GM kind of sucked, I understand he's stepping back now. But he was our GM for many bad years. And basically as president he didn't really do much. Dimitroff kind of pushed everything along. Kind of like the BRaves needed the Johns to leave, Falcons need McKay to leave and bring in fresh blood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    At some point Blank has to let McKay go. McKay's tenure as a GM kind of sucked, I understand he's stepping back now. But he was our GM for many bad years. And basically as president he didn't really do much. Dimitroff kind of pushed everything along. Kind of like the BRaves needed the Johns to leave, Falcons need McKay to leave and bring in fresh blood
    I agree with this. McKay is a member of the old guard and Morris is exactly the kind of head coach one of the old guard would want.

At most I'd be okay with McKay as a kind of Terry McGuirk role. The man on the business side of things that doesn't meddle with the operations side at all. But no matter what he needs to be kept away from football operations. He's out of touch with modern football.