Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hector Olivera Arrested

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    His age doesn't really matter. He's never played at this level before. There should be an adjustment period for any player, regardless of age.
    He's played professionally for years. Yes there is an obvious difference in the quality of play but I would not compare Hector to another fresh faced 22 year old rookie. He was expected to come in and immediately hit like any other veteran.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,418 Posts
    Per Bowman.. HO PAID admin leave has been extended per investigation... Dragging this crap out...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Per Bowman.. HO PAID admin leave has been extended per investigation... Dragging this crap out...
    It's likely that his suspension will be longer than his paid leave has been. If he wants, he can repay the amount he's been paid during his administrative leave and have the leave counted towards his suspension. It would be insanely stupid for him to add a suspension on top of the paid leave. That would torpedo any chance he has left of catching on with a major league team.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    It's likely that his suspension will be longer than his paid leave has been. If he wants, he can repay the amount he's been paid during his administrative leave and have the leave counted towards his suspension. It would be insanely stupid for him to add a suspension on top of the paid leave. That would torpedo any chance he has left of catching on with a major league team.
    Honestly, I wouldn't cut him. I would burry him in AA when he is finished serving his suspension. I would not give him the luxury of making another team on my dime.. he can flounder down in the minors for a few years or build enough trade value to dump off on someone (very unlikely)....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    I'm thinking they're probably getting fairly close to decision here. The fact that they didn't come out and officially announce a set extension like they did last time shows that they're probably fairly close to a resolution and don't think they'll need another 2 weeks. If a decision could come any time now there's no reason to announce another extension.