Page 1306 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 30680612061256129613041305130613071308131613561406 ... LastLast
Results 26,101 to 26,120 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Hammancheez
    @Hammancheez
    ·
    2h
    Replying to
    @tplohetski
    and
    @realDonaldTrump
    so they’re saying the richest people with the largest boats

carelessly and selfishly used their personal power heedless

of the damage it would do to their fellow citizens

I mean that’s basically everything that the GOP

stand for so why are they shocked

Brooke Binkowski
    @brooklynmarie
    ·
    45m
    And then

begged for help from the public

as their ships sank
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (09-06-2020), Runnin (09-06-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,066 Posts
    The Atlantic's editor-in-chief says his story about Trump calling vets 'losers' is just the beginning

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic, said his magazine's story about Trump calling Americans who died in battle "losers" and "suckers," was just the tip of the iceberg.

"I would fully expect more reporting to come out about this and more confirmation and new pieces of information in the coming days and weeks," Goldberg told CNN's Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" Sunday. "We have a responsibility and we're going to do it regardless of what he says."

The magazine received backlash -- from Trump and many others -- for attributing the information to four anonymous sources. CNN has confirmed several aspects of The Atlantic's reporting, also with sources who chose to remain anonymous.

But Goldberg said that's how the media is able to do its job of uncovering stories that take place behind closed doors. "We all have to use anonymous sources, especially in a climate where the president of the United States tries to actively intimidate," Goldberg said of his editorial decision to cite nameless people. "These are not people who are anonymous to me."

Carl Bernstein, the investigate reporter known for breaking the Watergate story that took down President Richard Nixon, told Stelter on Reliable Sources Sunday that anonymous sourcing is often a crucial tool for reporters.

"Almost all 200 of our stories about Watergate were based on anonymous sourcing,
    " he said. Bernstein added that during the Trump era, "reporting is almost uniformly based on anonymous sourcing in part because that's the only way we can get to the truth."
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,756 Posts
    The hilarious parts is Trump uses anonymous people to tell stories about. Like his friend who said he might be the most perfect person.... which Trump stopped mid interview to say..... or all the "sir" stories he tells that are almost always BS. To his "I hear good/bad things about whoever" or when he does get called on it he just tells the media to go look it up.

I for one still want to find out what manual Trump was referring to in his disastrous axios interview.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,756 Posts
    https://www.wral.com/nc-attorney-gen...raud/19273471/

Former employees of Louis DeJoy said they were pressured into making political contributions and were repayed using bonuses. Obviously he could be on tape doing this and the OG AG would not find enough evidence to open am investigation but if we ever actually have an AG again this could be investigated.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    John Kelly should have offered him a ride.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,918 Posts
    Saps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Saps
    lol

your boy up there lying and just being an overall scared fool

pretty sure he confirmed the atlantic story with his ramblings cause he is an absolute idiot
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,918 Posts
    lol

your boy up there lying and just being an overall scared fool

pretty sure he confirmed the atlantic story with his ramblings cause he is an absolute idiot
    I guess everyone that was there is lying as well.

We all know what this was about. Peace in the middle east is happening. Troops are coming home.

MIC isn't happy.

Who knew the left would become the new neo cons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Fascism Scholar Says U.S. Is 'Losing Its Democratic Status'

Yale professor Jason Stanley, author of "How Fascism Works," defines fascism as "a cult of the leader who promises national restoration in the face of humiliation brought on by supposed communists, Marxists and minorities and immigrants who are supposedly posing a threat to the character and the history of a nation."

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/06/91032...5ZdfajPHx06rXY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Promises made, promises not kept and are just more lies for this failure of a “man”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,918 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    lol

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,874 Posts
    lol
    Confirmed people who were there that also go on the record is much better than cowards who wont

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    yes, puppets for a liar have come out on the record backing the liar

one of those people "on the record"

told the fbi she regularly lied to the media and the people for trump.

anonymous sources are just fine for the dumbass in chief you support (yeah i know, you claim you really don't.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    If anything--- we should all have learned after 3 1/2 years that any time this administration uses the word " hoax" -- check for your wallet
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Fox News national security correspondent Jennifer Griffin doubled down on her previous reporting which claimed President Donald Trump disrespected veterans and war dead, adding that Secretary of Treasury Steve Mnuchin was in the room with the president when he disparaged four-star generals.

Griffin reported Mnuchin was at the Tank meeting in the Pentagon on July 20, 2017, when Trump allegedly called four-star generals “losers,” “dopes,” and “babies”– calling his claim to have never heard the president speak that way “patently false.”

“I confirmed with people who were present at the meeting that the president used those exact words in a meeting at the Pentagon,” she said. “I also circled back with my sources this weekend that confirmed that the president did not go, or did not want to go to the Aisne-Marne cemetery in France to honor the American war dead when he could no longer fly by helicopter and that one of the president’s favorite words that he uses when he’s angry is ‘loser.'”

She noted that her sources include two former senior Trump administration officials who were on the trip to France with the president — adding that although they didn’t hear him make those comments at the cemetery, they have heard him say that anyone who fought in the Vietnam War was a “sucker.”

“According to this source, the president would often say about American veterans: ‘What’s in it for them? They don’t make any money,'” Griffin went on. “The source said it was a character flaw of the president, he could not understand why someone would die for their country — not worth it to him.”

Griffin claimed that the source also said Trump did not want veterans involved in the July Fourth parade, adding that he did not want “wounded guys” there because “it’s not a good look.” The president does, however, like to use the military as a prop, according to Griffin’s sources, and views his relationship with the Pentagon as transactional.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Its kind of like the ****hole countries stuff. He said it. He disparaged a particular group of immigrants. Immigrants from countries that did not meet his approval. There was a back and forth as to whether he said it. We all know how he talks. Not getting a deferral based on imaginary bone spurs makes someone a sucker. Getting shot down or killed makes someone a loser. That's the way it goes in his worldview.

He threatened to disown his own son if he joined the military. He and his father came down hard on his brother for joining the military. That's just the kind of person he is. We all know it. No need to pretend otherwise. It is a character flaw as someone said. A pretty bad one, but he has many. Women are another group he has reserved some pretty special language for. Not just language but treatment.

We have a Caligula-like figure in the White House. The American people put him there. Fortunately, enough of us can see what an awful mistake that was. It will be rectified in a couple months. Communism coming to Amerika.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-07-2020 at 05:10 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,918 Posts
    Peace in tbe Middle East and pulling troops out of Afghanistan has gotten the establishment worried.

Lets make up some obvious bull****.

Saps