Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Another Example of Juror Bias in DC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    That’s disappointing as I trust your judgement.
    All of my friends live on the islands which is nice. Downtown Sav can be fun, but also really nasty at times
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    To reiterate what thethe was talking about.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Likely to another ****hole city, San Diego.
    I’ll never say a bad thing about SD. Nicest city I’ve been too but I must admit I’ve not visited Nashville or savanna.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    SD also has a large homeless population. And very high cost of living. I've had friends who lived in both SD and the Bay Area and they pretty uniformly prefer SD.
    San Diego is on my short list of places I want to move to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    San Diego is on my short list of places I want to move to.
    I've only visited. I regret never staying at the Grant Hotel, which apparently was founded by one of his children. The ballpark is nice. I took in a game in which Williams Perez was our starting pitcher. He got hurt in that game and was never the same after. Not that he was gonna be a Hall of Famer but he had a good sinker. I saw him wince after his last pitch and knew something bad happened. Yikes, I just looked him up and saw he was arrested in 2018 for killing his coach. Shooting was ruled accidental.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-08-2023 at 05:41 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    To reiterate what thethe was talking about.

Without stand your ground laws Perry would be guilty without much debate about it. Texas does have a stand your ground law but it does require that the person didn't provoke the incident. Based on what I have seen here about the incident I agree he did provoke it. I think we have all heard numerous stories of people using vehicles as weapons to kill people. I think it's reasonable that the victim here would post his gun at this guy as his own means of self defense. I don't think he will be recommended for a pardon but I would not be surprised if he wins one of the numerous appeals he will get.

The jury nor the DA nullified the Stand Your Ground law, they found that the shooter provoked the incident. Obviously not helped by his texts saying he wants to provoke protesters so he can kill them. He would have infinitely better case without that.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    Abbott saying all the right things including introducing new legislation to prevent Soros DAs from being scumbags and hiding exculpatory evidence.

When the enemy shows their hand you chop it off with the sharpest blade you can

This is just a cycle of you people not understanding basic legal principles. You throw hissy fits about things that your side advocated for. Not every states the same but most states do not require the prosecutor to give the grand jury any exculpatory evidence. It's literally something I complained about multiple times in the F the police thread. I applaud that jackass Abbott if he actually reforms the law for everyone in Texas in response instead of just demanding special treatment for Republicans.

Just so you know, all this **** that stacks the deck against the defendant is because of your side. Your side is the one that attacked any type of reform as anti-police and pro-crime. Your side said reforms would mean more criminals go free. Remember when argued with me that you couldn't see any reason an innocent person would plead guilty? Glad to see you are coming around to my side on this issue.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Yes.

As you have asked many times do I want trump to pay for his crimes.. sure, as long as they all do.

These people swore to uphold the law, and they all broke the law.

Prison is fine by me

Did you have a stroke? Trump isn't even being investigated for any executive order much less being charged with a crime for an EO. In all the Trump years I never ran across one person on the left who was so deluded that they expected Sessions or Barr to indict Trump. Republicans tried desperately to dig up a crime they could prosecute Biden for. If these people who hate Biden couldn't come up with something to indict him for how can you expect Bidens own AG to do it?

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts

Despite you people trying to turn Soros into the Jewish boogeyman he is using his fortune to advance his political views. Nothing wrong with that. Whether you like it or not he is doing it because he believes it's the best for the country. Now tell me, whats stopping Trump grow doing the same? How much of his billions has he used to help conservative DAs? He could simply just fundraise the money. But he hasn't. He is only interested in what's in it for him. He ain't t spending a dime to help anyone but himself.

It’s over."