Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AJC: Timing May Not Be Right For Chipper To Return

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,008 Posts
    It definitely sounded more Wren and less Fredi too me. I hope that it's not the case, because that's not only embarrassing on the organization but absolutely retarded of Wren.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Where are you guys reading this

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,483 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason27nc View Post
    Hell after watching what Matt Williams has done with the Nats I would love to see Chipper as our manager.
    Yeah, I dont know if I'd want Chipper as a hitting coach, he's so damn naturally talented, those types usually have issues coaching, but I'd give him a crack at managing. Bring him on as a base coach or something and groom him to manage. Fire Fredi, bring someone in to fill in as manager who's a bit more older and experienced.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    If all this stuff is true about Wren, shame on the organization for keeping him around this long. He should've been fired when he first started trying to push Bobby out. All of this is either bull**** or the Braves just stood around and let this guy run off a HOF manager and slowly destroy the team.
    I find it shocking that anybody in the Braves organization, even the GM, could piss BC off to the point of quitting in the middle of spring training and keep their job. If Wren's personal skills were that bad and that corrosive, then JS needs to step up to the whipping post as well, because everybody knows whose boy Wren was.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (09-27-2014)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I find it shocking that anybody in the Braves organization, even the GM, could piss BC off to the point of quitting in the middle of spring training and keep their job. If Wren's personal skills were that bad and that corrosive, then JS needs to step up to the whipping post as well, because everybody knows whose boy Wren was.
    Yeah, I'm surprised that he hasn't taken more heat...for the product on the field, and for Wren's performance, since Frank was JS's hand-picked successor.

I also suspect that Wren is getting scapegoated a little. OK, a lot. I wouldn't have thought that "The Braves Way" included knifing guys in the back on their way out the door.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (09-27-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Yeah, I'm surprised that he hasn't taken more heat...for the product on the field, and for Wren's performance, since Frank was JS's hand-picked successor.

I also suspect that Wren is getting scapegoated a little. OK, a lot. I wouldn't have thought that "The Braves Way" included knifing guys in the back on their way out the door.
    Yep. This spin makes JS look negligent and cowardly.

Because of that, I think at least some of this is scapegoating, which means the problem might still be here.