Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primaries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I think we should let the system fall apart. Radical change would be good.
    Is it really that bad in the US? Sounds a bit extreme. I mean even if you are poor it's not the worst life in the world. I'm not saying we don't need changes but to think we need some crazy radical change might be a bit much.
    thank you weso1!

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,768 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Then quit acting like it and defending the far left policies and you won't be lumped into them.
    Define far left policies.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Is it really that bad in the US? Sounds a bit extreme. I mean even if you are poor it's not the worst life in the world. I'm not saying we don't need changes but to think we need some crazy radical change might be a bit much.
    Thats a common gripe with both sides. It is so terrible but yet... most places aren't in any better shape.
    Ivermectin Man

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    It could be worse, but not that much. We have the biggest GDP in the world. Nearly double china who's in second, only a bit behind the entire EU. There are only 15 countries in the world with a GDP over 1 trillion. We're at worse poverty levels than many nations that we make way more money than. I think American people are fine. It's the greedy that bother me.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    A couple of important points about household net worth:

1) The financial collapse had a lot to do with that. It literally dropped median US household net worth by half. That didn't really have a major impact on our competitive countries. You have to take that into account. So you're taking a snap shot in time here, which shows misleading data.

2) US household debt. Here is one of our biggest problems and again ties directly into point one with the housing collapse. Housing collapse had such a huge impact on net wealth.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    A couple of important points about household net worth:

1) The financial collapse had a lot to do with that. It literally dropped median US household net worth by half. That didn't really have a major impact on our competitive countries. You have to take that into account. So you're taking a snap shot in time here, which shows misleading data.

2) US household debt. Here is one of our biggest problems and again ties directly into point one with the housing collapse. Housing collapse had such a huge impact on net wealth.
    And why is the average still so high? Because money has filitered up even worse after the market collapse. The housing bubble happened because we weren't making more money but inflation keeps going up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,922 Posts
    And why is the average still so high? Because money has filitered up even worse after the market collapse. The housing bubble happened because we weren't making more money but inflation keeps going up.
    Inflation and supply prices. Prices on raw goods have doubled over the past ten years. Food, gas, raw materials., etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Inflation and supply prices. Prices on raw goods have doubled over the past ten years. Food, gas, raw materials., etc
    Right, and instead of that money going into rising wages for the middle class, it went into rising wages for the upper upper class.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    Define far left policies.
    Don't have to. All you do is defend anything the man says or do and by that definition you are far far left. If his sh!t stinks, and it does, you think it smells like perfume. By definition far left people are called "sheeple" for a reason and you are one of them.

I have yet to see you say anything bad about this terrible president. He is almost bad as Bush....err Cheney, almost, ways to go before he gets to Carter level, but I see a lot similarities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I guess illegal immigration didn't curtail those prices on food and for gas, the oligarchies got that on lock down, thanks to that idiot Bush.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,768 Posts
    Don't have to. All you do is defend anything the man says or do and by that definition you are far far left. If his sh!t stinks, and it does, you think it smells like perfume. By definition far left people are called "sheeple" for a reason and you are one of them.

I have yet to see you say anything bad about this terrible president. He is almost bad as Bush....err Cheney, almost, ways to go before he gets to Carter level, but I see a lot similarities.
    Lol.

I think you may be the one blind by your own bias.

I haven't been a loud critic but I have certainly expressed some disagreement with BO.
    Forever Fredi

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    You guys are like a hooker who stays loyal to her pimp even though he takes all her money, has her addicted to meth and forces her to work 24/7.

I can't fathom why you folks would continue to argue, debate and pick from the same pool of crooks year after year. Bottles the mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    Lol.

I think you may be the one blind by your own bias.

I haven't been a loud critic but I have certainly expressed some disagreement with BO.
    the only bias I have since I am not left nor right of center is that our current president is horrible, that is fact. Bush was horrible, that is fact, Horndog was okay, Bush one okay, Reagan okay, Carter, a fvcking disaster, Ford meh, Nixon good, but.... That is how far back I go on what I think of presidents.

1. Clinton
    2. Ray-gun
    3. Nixon
    4. Bush I
    5. Ford

huge drop off for 6, 7 and 8 and you can mix them even though Carter sucked the worst (Carter, Obama, Bush II)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Aa you are right of center. If you are center then it clearly dictates the right lean the country has

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,922 Posts
    I guess illegal immigration didn't curtail those prices on food and for gas, the oligarchies got that on lock down, thanks to that idiot Bush.
    How would you know? Those prices could have sky rocketed and tripled instead of "just" doubling.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Frank Rich:

Q: Eric Cantor, the Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, was ousted last night in his Republican party primary by an unknown economics professor named David Brat. Cantor's loss is one of the most shocking political upsets of recent years, not only because House leaders simply don't get ousted in primaries, but also because virtually no one in the national media seems to have considered the possibility that this could happen, much less predicted it. How the hell did Cantor lose? And what does this say about the state of the so-called GOP civil war?

A: Cantor’s fall, and the fact that no one in the mainstream press saw it coming, is yet another indication that the biggest political story since Obama’s 2008 victory remains baffling to many. How many times can one say this? The radical right — whether it uses the tea party rubric or not — has seized control of one of America’s two major political parties. The repeated reports of the tea party’s demise are always premature. Back in the fall of 2012, in the weeks before Obama’s reelection, I wrote a piece titled “The Tea Party Will Win in the End” making this case and arguing that signs seemingly suggesting otherwise (the tea party dropping to a 25 percent approval rating in a September 2012 Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll; the demise of Michele Bachmann) were utterly misleading. After Todd Akin & Co. were routed that November, the tea party was dead again. When a fresh round of tea-party obituaries started appearing this spring — hey, Mitch McConnell won his primary, the Establishment is back! — they, too, should have been ignored. In terms of the big picture, McConnell’s victory — achieved only after he hired Rand Paul’s campaign manager and moved further to the right — was as politically meaningless as Mitt Romney’s ultimately winning the 2012 GOP nomination. The two thirds to three quarters of 2012 GOP voters who routinely supported the candidates to Mitt’s right in primary season were the true indicator of where the party is.

Brat is an Ayn Rand conservative. Speaking with Chuck Todd of NBC News this morning, he wouldn’t even endorse a federal minimum wage. He is unambiguously opposed to immigration reform. He speaks in a populist tone. “Dollars don’t vote,” Brat said after his victory — a reference to the fact that Cantor outspent him by 26-to-1 but also a slam of the Wall Street and K Street financial and corporate elites who fattened Cantor’s campaign piggy bank. Cantor, meanwhile, was everything Brat is not: He is a favorite of the financial industry. He tried to play both sides of his party’s immigration divide by simultaneously claiming to be in favor of some kind of reform and yet doing nothing to advance a bill in the House. He may be an exemplar of right-wing villainy to liberals, but to his own party’s faithful, he was a squish.

If you listen to Mark Levin, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, or other voices of the grass-roots right, the base’s loathing of Cantor and possibly his primary defeat would not have come as a shock. If your sole sampling of Republican opinion is the relatively establishmentarian Fox News, you might have missed it. You certainly would have missed it if you think today’s GOP is represented by the kind of Republicans who swarm around Morning Joe, where Chris Christie and Jeb Bush are touted daily as plausible GOP saviors who might somehow get the nomination. The Times, meanwhile, ran Brat’s name only once in the past year, and was so dumbfounded by his victory that it ran a piece of analysis last night under the headline: “Why Did Cantor Lose? Not Easy to Explain.” It is quite easy to explain if you’ve been paying attention to the history of the American right since Barry Goldwater’s insurgents first took down the GOP Establishment a half-century ago. Or if you had simply turned on talk radio in the past five years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    How would you know? Those prices could have sky rocketed and tripled instead of "just" doubling.
    I'm fine with inflation. It's bound to happen. I'm not fine with inflation coupled with stagnant worker raises and skyrocketing executive wages.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (06-11-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Aa you are right of center. If you are center then it clearly dictates the right lean the country has
    Right lean fiscally yes, but even Obama is making it hard to stay that way with the useless spending and wars, but we are way left socially. We have all these issues popping up and I wonder why socially? Crap like this didn't happen in the 60's, 70's or even 80's. We had discipline then and none now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Right lean fiscally yes, but even Obama is making it hard to stay that way with the useless spending and wars, but we are way left socially. We have all these issues popping up and I wonder why socially? Crap like this didn't happen in the 60's, 70's or even 80's. We had discipline then and none now.
    You're not left socially. You dont' believe in marriage equality, you dont' believe in abortion rights, and many more

About the only left thing I can think of off the top of my head you're left leaning on is welfare cause you know what kind of **** wold go down if it was repealed and I think maybe healthcare. I don't recall if you're universal healthcare or not.