Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playoff Picks

Called Up to the Major Leagues AUTiger7222's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Having a deep lineup has some advantages. They have 2 guys with an OPS under .750. Though Myers is a starter now and is just below that.

Rays are my pick to win it all.
    They only have 4 players that I would say are having great offensive seasons. That for me is an OPS over .775. Even the Pirates who have the 4th fewest runs scored in the majors have 4 guys with an OPS over .775 with 3 over .800 like the Rays.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger7222 View Post
    Thanks to this great run they went on over the last 18-20 games or how ever long it's been since they've been on this winning tear. Last time I looked at it they were right middle of the pack in the majors in ERA. They're still 11th in the majors in ERA.

Why would you use NL as a comparison?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,590 Posts
    Thanks to this great run they went on over the last 18-20 games or how ever long it's been since they've been on this winning tear. Last time I looked at it they were right middle of the pack in the majors in ERA. They're still 11th in the majors in ERA.
    That was most likely due to some injuries they had. They're getting healthy now.

I think if there's anything not to doubt with the Rays, it's their pitching.

EDIT: I just realized you used the entire majors in that comparison. Fail. They're 4th in the AL in ERA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Price wasn't pitching well until he came back. Moore picked it back up. They're good. I think they'll put it together.

Called Up to the Major Leagues AUTiger7222's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    That was most likely due to some injuries they had. They're getting healthy now.

I think if there's anything not to doubt with the Rays, it's their pitching.

EDIT: I just realized you used the entire majors in that comparison. Fail. They're 4th in the AL in ERA.
    They were like 7th or 8th in the AL last time I checked out the stats before today which was before they went on this epic run. And why does it matter if I'm using ALL the majors leagues to look at stats? I do it for every team. It paints a better pitcher of how really good or bad someone or a team is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,590 Posts
    They were like 7th or 8th in the AL last time I checked out the stats before today which was before they went on this epic run. And why does it matter if I'm using ALL the majors leagues to look at stats? I do it for every team. It paints a better pitcher of how really good or bad someone or a team is.
    No, it doesn't. NL teams traditionally are going to have lower team ERAs than AL teams. They play two different forms of baseball. They're 4th in the AL in ERA, that's pretty good.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-17-2013)