Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I gave DJT a chance, now I'm out

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Every politician who has ever praised our military for "promoting democracy and our way of life around the world" should stand up against this.

This is not what we stand for or should be about. The sad thing is a lot of the same people who stand there and say we need this to protect against a terrorist attack will shrug their shoulders at our next school shooting.

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,767 Posts
    Trump didn't ban the states he has hotels and business with.

Saudi Arabia is the most obvious one. if he had the balls to stand up to Saudi Arabia I'd be less meh about this.

Banning Iranians makes absolutely no sense.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,767 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    If you think we have freedom if religion try inventing your own and see how much people respect it. Its more like freedom to choose one of the major religons of the world.
    Scientology.
    Forever Fredi

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Amateur hour bull****. The people responsible need to stand up and be counted.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (01-28-2017)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,038 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Trump didn't ban the states he has hotels and business with.

Saudi Arabia is the most obvious one. if he had the balls to stand up to Saudi Arabia I'd be less meh about this.

Banning Iranians makes absolutely no sense.
    Not to mention 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudis.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i hear ya Chop

could see how it was going to go when he started naming cabinet picks but it's truly a sad day to call ourselves citizens of this country

and his quote while signing it is just utterly pathetic:

" "I'm establishing new vetting measures to keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States of America. We don't want 'em here.""

it's like he thinks anyone wants terrorists here.
    I'm having issues with it, also. But how would you keep radical Islamic terrorists out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    2 years to be vetted for a refugee

never had a refugee commit an act of terror

invoked 9/11 while signing this abomination and didn't ban one country that had people commit 9/11

not one country had a place that the president has business in either

truly sad day for this country
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

CK86 (01-29-2017), Julio3000 (01-28-2017), The Chosen One (01-28-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    I'm having issues with it, also. But how would you keep radical Islamic terrorists out?
    our vetting process for refugees thus far has done a great job at doing that

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Use a scalpel, not a sledgehammer. Leverage the power of the people who have actual expertise in the area instead of issuing a royal decree that throws the baby out with the bathwater.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,038 Posts
    The contention has been that a lot of the refugees are young men and they are statistically more likely to be terrorists. Be that as it may, I think there's got to be a way to thoroughly vet anyone while not locking them out and having them more likely to be victims of the atrocities being committed over there.

Of course, that's not politically expedient is it?

We might as well tear down the Statue of Liberty and board up our churches. Because this flies in the face of everything this country should stand for and every thing its dominant religion should stand for.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (01-28-2017), mossy (01-28-2017)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    855 Posts
    A sickening, though expected development. Nothing spells out the intent quite like the fact that Christians are apparently going to receive preferential treatment. I'm thoroughly disgusted with our government today.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

CK86 (01-29-2017), goldfly (01-28-2017), The Chosen One (01-28-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Two Syrian Families Detained at Philadelphia International Airport, Then Put on Return Flight Home, Family Member Says

The two Christian families had secured visas and green cards months ago and were fleeing Damascus, a relative from Allentown, Pennsylvania, said.

Two Syrian families who arrived at Philadelphia International Airport Saturday morning from Doha, Qatar, were briefly detained and then sent back on a return 18-hour flight to the Middle East, according to a family member from Allentown, Pennsylvania.

The families, made of up two brothers, their wives and two children, were detained by Customs and Border Protection officials after disembarking a Qatar Airways flight at 7:25 a.m., according to Joseph Assali, of Allentown.

Three hours later, the six were put back on a Qatar Airways flight to Doha, Assali said.

"This is like a nightmare come true," he said, adding that they had visas and green cards legally obtained months ago.

"They're all Christian citizens and the executive order was supposed to protect Christians fleeing persecution," he said.

The families were detained and deported by an executive order signed Friday evening by President Donald Trump that immediately put restrictions on travel from seven predominantly Muslim countries and temporarily halted a refugee program for Syrian immigrants.

An immigration lawyer tried to obtain more information from federal officials at the airport, but Assali said it appeared too late. Officials would not discuss any details with Assali's family, who all live in the Allentown area.

"We're don't know what exactly is happening," he said before finding out they were back in the air headed to Syria. "We can't contact them."

He said the two families, who are in Damascus, hoped to use their time in America to obtain citizenship.

"They came as legal immigrants and were going to try sorting things out while they're here," Assali said.

Messages left for airport officials as well as Customs and Border Patrol and Homeland Security were not returned Saturday morning or early afternoon.
    Trump said in signing the order that he pledged to "keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States of America."

Syria was the only country he named Friday, but the order suspended entry for 90 days from countries linked to a statute in the Visa Waiver Program. Besides Syria, those countries are: Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen.

Two Iraqis were detained at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York City earlier Saturday as well, but reports indicated that the two men were able to secure legal representation before Customs agents deported them. One of the men has been released.

Within hours, pro-immigrant demonstrations erupted at the airport.

An attorney with the ACLU of Pennsylvania told NBC10 that she was reaching out to the Assali family to get more details.

The attorney, Molly Tack-Hooper, said her organization would try to file a writ of habeas corpus on the detained family's behalf. The writ would require authorities to bring the detainees before a judge before deportation.

Upon learning that federal authorities may have already deported the families, she said she would still reach out to the Assali family in Allentown.
    "It's fuzzy what we could do if they're already on a flight back to Qatar," she said.

Joseph Assali said his father held out hope that his two brothers and their families would try again soon.

"We're not sure what happens when they land again," he said.

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...#ixzz4X5thxohl
    Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | NBCPhiladelphia on Facebook

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,767 Posts
    "Islam is a religion of peace"

"Islam is the peace religion killing all these people haha"

"I am asking for refuge from my war torn country."

"Why aren't these people fighting and battling for their country?"

read that exchange three times in a row.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Other countries would turn me down if I attempted to immigrate to escape the war on drugs in this country. So my sympathy for these people is minimal.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    A sickening, though expected development. Nothing spells out the intent quite like the fact that Christians are apparently going to receive preferential treatment. I'm thoroughly disgusted with our government today.
    Why wouldn't christans get preferential treatment. Muslims commit 99% of global terrorist actions.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Use a scalpel, not a sledgehammer. Leverage the power of the people who have actual expertise in the area instead of issuing a royal decree that throws the baby out with the bathwater.
    This sounds great but means nothing. There is no way to identify potential terrorists. The only thing we know is essentially all of them are muslim.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This sounds great but means nothing. There is no way to identify potential terrorists. The only thing we know is essentially all of them are muslim.

If someone believes isulting Muhammed makes it acceptable to kill that person would you let them in the country?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-30-2017)