Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 4658

Thread: Official 2022 Offseason Moves Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So who will take over as the leader of this team?
    Albies seems the most likely, imo. Maybe Rosario or TDA.

Prosecutor of the
    International Criminal Court

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    In spirit of Dodgers signing FF just want to reiterate:

We are the defending champs and took their high payroll A$$ out without the best player in baseball Mr. Ronald Acuña

And after this entire LA run they STILL do not have a real WS title and that must eat them up. They got a BS global pandemic 60 game season neutral site half the league made playoffs, several of best players in league didn’t even suit up, no fans postseason, couldn’t even have a parade, title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Albies seems the most likely, imo. Maybe Rosario or TDA.
    Dansby is apparently a leader as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    I prefer the Olson deal. But there has to be a better plan.
    Last I checked, AA wasn't done

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-17-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So who will take over as the leader of this team?
    Maybe someone who won't tell other players to play through injuries

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Acuna, Duvall, Ozuna, Rosario, Heredia, Dickerson!!!!!!!!!!!! Show me an WS defending OF from among those 6.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    From what you're hinting at, just have to wonder if he wasn't as tight with his teammates as we might have thought. I never made him out to be some clubhouse leader. In fact, just from visual observation I got the impression he kept to himself a bit.
    I don't believe this at all.

His teammates were publicly asking for him to be resigned. They said it at the parade. You could hear it and see it in the interviews done after the Olson trade that they were sad to lose him.

I will grant there may be some piece of shock/awe/worry that AA would do that. I'm sure a guy like Dansby knows full well that if FF negotiations went down like that, they are not overpaying or even market paying him b/c of his hometown connections.

It seems clear that all of the evidence was FF was great and everyone wanted him back. Players all think they will play until 40 and be awesome.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Russ2dollas For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (03-17-2022), jpx7 (03-17-2022), Metaphysicist (03-17-2022), Mrs. Meta (03-17-2022)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    AA recently said he wanted to round out his roster before spring training started. I believe games start tomorrow so my guess is he’s done. Although he may round out the roster as players get cut elsewhere. But I don’t think we see anything major happen.
    agreed, since he has been here, this is the biggest trade and biggest contract he has handed out. and with adding Rosario, I suspect that he will push back from the table.

We may see a bench bat added towards the end of ST but I think we are done until the trade deadline.

We can expect Newk/Wright/Touki/Ynoa getting the 4th/5th spot in the rotation for a while. Maybe McHugh getting an opener role
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    I am surprised that the number is that low given California taxes and cost of living. The difference in what we offered and what he got isn't much.

It does make you wonder if FF wanted a number from the Braves for respect. Or wanted a no trade clause. Or wanted an even longer deal b/c he wanted to 100% know he'd finish as a Brave.

Maybe he wanted to live in Cali given his wife and three really young kids.

Maybe he thought he'd have a better shot at multiple rings there and is looking at his Hall of Fame Case.

It's all speculation. But given the cost of living/taxes it seems like something else was up other than dollars. I was thinking he was going to get 30+ million more.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ2dollas For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (03-17-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    I am surprised that the number is that low given California taxes and cost of living. The difference in what we offered and what he got isn't much.

It does make you wonder if FF wanted a number from the Braves for respect. Or wanted a no trade clause. Or wanted an even longer deal b/c he wanted to 100% know he'd finish as a Brave.

Maybe he thought he'd have a better shot at multiple rings there and is looking at his Hall of Fame Case.

It's all speculation. But given the cost of living/taxes it seems like something else was up other than dollars. I was thinking he was going to get 30+ million more.

Well Bowman made the following Tweet the other day. Not sure to make of that bolded part.

"Freddie Freeman’s era with the Braves is likely over. The Yankees and Dodgers have seemingly been the favorites over the past few days. But the Rays and Blue Jays have remained aggressive. There was never a sense the Braves made a strong push."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts

It came down to the fact that Freddie or his family did not want to be in Atlanta
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts

In regards to his HoF chances, i'm curious what his overall power numbers will finish at over the next few seasons. LA, SD, and SF are not exactly hitter friendly parks.

On a side note, that is probably another thing that brought him to LA. Playing all your home games in LA, plus lots of road games in the same state.
    Get off my lawn!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-17-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Acuna, Duvall, Ozuna, Rosario, Heredia, Dickerson!!!!!!!!!!!! Show me an WS defending OF from among those 6.
    Well we just showed the best team doesn't typically win the WS.

Acuna, if healthy, is one of the top 5 guys in the game so he covers a lot of warts. I think a proper platoon of Duvall/Rosario is a good player. Dickerson can hit, reminds me of Matt Joyce a couple of years ago. Heredia can field. Ozuna I think is an impact bat, though streaky.

The infield is really good. If Dansby actually hits, wow. If Albies takes the next step, wow.

C is interesting...Can TDA get back to a 100 wrc+ at his age?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts
    Well we just showed the best team doesn't typically win the WS.

Acuna, if healthy, is one of the top 5 guys in the game so he covers a lot of warts. I think a proper platoon of Duvall/Rosario is a good player. Dickerson can hit, reminds me of Matt Joyce a couple of years ago. Heredia can field. Ozuna I think is an impact bat, though streaky.

The infield is really good. If Dansby actually hits, wow. If Albies takes the next step, wow.

C is interesting...Can TDA get back to a 100 wrc+ at his age?
    Everyone is talking about how good the Dodgers line up is top to bottom, and it is a good line up. But I don't think it is as invincible as some are making it out to be.

Acuna RF
    Olson 1B
    Ozuna DH
    Riley 3B
    Albies 2B
    Duvall CF
    Rosario LF
    TdA C
    Swanson SS

That is still a stout lineup.
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    Well Bowman made the following Tweet the other day. Not sure to make of that bolded part.

"Freddie Freeman’s era with the Braves is likely over. The Yankees and Dodgers have seemingly been the favorites over the past few days. But the Rays and Blue Jays have remained aggressive. There was never a sense the Braves made a strong push."
    reporting is all over the place.

IF the braves were at 3/90 and he signed 6/160 then I get it. I thought it had been widely reported that Braves were at 5/130 originally and went up to 5/140 or so. I'd think 5/140 is a strong push, i get it's 20 million less. But taxes, cost of living and having the chance to sign a one year deal after it make it close IMO.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ2dollas For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-17-2022)

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Freddie was a 10 & 5 guy, if that is still "a thing," which, in that case, makes no trade moot. Right?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomahawkCult For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (03-17-2022), Jaw (03-17-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Everyone is talking about how good the Dodgers line up is top to bottom, and it is a good line up. But I don't think it is as invincible as some are making it out to be.

Acuna RF
    Olson 1B
    Ozuna DH
    Riley 3B
    Albies 2B
    Duvall CF
    Rosario LF
    TdA C
    Swanson SS

That is still a stout lineup.
    agree.

Of course Ozuna sucked, got hurt and was out for the year. Is Riley that good? Albies LH swing going to improve or get dropped? Duvall and Rosario are low OBP power guys. TDA was bad last year. Dansby is the best hitter or the worst hitter depending on teh week.

On run prevention I really like the infield b/c I think Riley is a better defender than metrics, but I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong. I think the outfield defense is not going to be great and that concerns me given how few balls are hit on the ground.

Pitching should be interesting. I'd take Buehler over any of our guys. After that it gets dicey. Is Bauer going to play? Lot of high variance in the dodgers staff IMO.

I don't think the dodgers line up is better than the blue jays.

I think you'd have to take the dodgers over the braves right now in a series. But I do not think the difference is any more than last year. Possible we closed the gap some just by having Acuna given the Dodgers lost Seager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomahawkCult View Post
    Freddie was a 10 & 5 guy, if that is still "a thing," which, in that case, makes no trade moot. Right?
    I think you are correct there. So take that option out.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ2dollas For This Useful Post:

TomahawkCult (03-17-2022)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Good luck getting Freeman to agree to be a DH... dude loves playing in the field.
    And does it pretty well overall. But yeah, for all we know that could have been kicked around and he said hell no.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts
    agree.

Of course Ozuna sucked, got hurt and was out for the year. Is Riley that good? Albies LH swing going to improve or get dropped? Duvall and Rosario are low OBP power guys. TDA was bad last year. Dansby is the best hitter or the worst hitter depending on teh week.

On run prevention I really like the infield b/c I think Riley is a better defender than metrics, but I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong. I think the outfield defense is not going to be great and that concerns me given how few balls are hit on the ground.

Pitching should be interesting. I'd take Buehler over any of our guys. After that it gets dicey. Is Bauer going to play? Lot of high variance in the dodgers staff IMO.

I don't think the dodgers line up is better than the blue jays.

I think you'd have to take the dodgers over the braves right now in a series. But I do not think the difference is any more than last year. Possible we closed the gap some just by having Acuna given the Dodgers lost Seager.
    Don't forget that our bullpen got much better with the addition of Yates and McHugh. The Dodgers pen seems to have taken a good step back.
    Get off my lawn!