Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Don't forget the ACc is adding another above average program next year in Louisville to add to Thier 11 bowl teams

Msu isn't that good of a team. As a ND fan (who beat Msu) their offense wasn't that great. Ohio state should easily out athlete them. If OSU gets up, Msu can't keep up.
    A game where the stripes made some horrendous PI calls to allow ND to win.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Notre Dame isn't the most talented team MSU played, Iowa and Michigan are both much better than Notre Dame. People have hyped Michigan States defense for 2 years with good reasons. They played Ohio State last year and gave up 17 points
    You are 100 percent correct, but people hate teams that play this brand of football. Great defense and clock controlling offense=boring awful football teams.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Cutliffe is a fine QBs coach. Duke is not a good team.....they are a 29 point underdog to FSU to tell you how good of a team they are. Duke lost to GT and Pittsburgh, both at home....and both are mediocre teams. The two best teams they beat were VT and Miami, neither were any good this year.

LOL off calling Miami a good team. And certainly weren't good once Duke Johnson went down.

Miami, Duke, Clemson vs. Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa......not even close.

Michigan State might be the best defense in the country, if not they are in the top 3 with FSU and VT.

They've won 10 games. First 10 win season for Duke ever. But Duke isn't a good team and Cucliffe is only a "fine QB coach" ... LMAO

Who has Wisconsin beat? Or Iowa? MSU is legit and I have stated that several times, but OSU never faced them.

Give it up.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Notre Dame isn't the most talented team MSU played, Iowa and Michigan are both much better than Notre Dame. People have hyped Michigan States defense for 2 years with good reasons. They played Ohio State last year and gave up 17 points

This is how I know you don't watch college football on Saturdays. Wisconsin and Iowa much better than ND? In what universe?

ND isn't a great team by any means, but neither is Wisconsin or Iowa. And ND does have the better athletes by a good margin.
    Last edited by Carp; 12-04-2013 at 02:38 AM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    I was judging Nd better due to talent. I believe they have more future pros than Iowa or Wisconsin. Like Carpe says. I don't think ND was the best team that the Spartans have played just the most talented that Msu has played.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    They've won 10 games. First 10 win season for Duke ever. But Duke isn't a good team and Cucliffe is only a "fine QB coach" ... LMAO

Who has Wisconsin beat? Or Iowa? MSU is legit and I have stated that several times, but OSU never faced them.

Give it up.

You are asking who Wisconsin or Iowa beat yeat haven't named 1 good team that Duke has beaten.

Wisconsin went on the road and should have beaten Arizona State if it wasn't for the refs blunder. They also beat Iowa, BYU, and Minn. They beat everyone on their schedule except Penn State, Ari State (Pac 12 champ game), and Ohio State (possible National Championship Game).

Here are the f/+ rankings, the best college football rankings that you will find. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feiplus

Ari State- 4, btw, BYU 26

Duke is ranked 34th. but but but they have 10 wins! lol Beating NC Central, Memphis, Troy, Navy, UVA, VT, NC State, Miami, Wake, UNC.....lolicopter.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    This is how I know you don't watch college football on Saturdays. Wisconsin and Iowa much better than ND? In what universe?

ND isn't a great team by any means, but neither is Wisconsin or Iowa. And ND does have the better athletes by a good margin.
    Wisconsin is a far superior team to ND. Iowa is fairly close, I would rank Iowa over ND. If they met in a bowl, it would be close to a pickem spread. They are 24 and 28 based on f/+. Wisky is 9.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,479 Posts
    Dook beat Miami, but you're right they played a cake schedule. In the end it's a shame that Bama and Stanford choked when it mattered since a largely second class school will get in. I assume OSU is the best of that second class group over like Oregon, Auburn, Baylor, etc. but I expect FSU to roll. Though I guess you never know with Meyer.

Personally I hope both Mizzou and MSU win to totally throw off the championship. One woudl guess Mizzou would move into the lead? Maybe OSU still stays in for the title? Does Bama sneak back in? Auburn you would assume is toast since OSU is higher ranked already.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Duke beat Miami after Miami lost there best player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Dook beat Miami, but you're right they played a cake schedule. In the end it's a shame that Bama and Stanford choked when it mattered since a largely second class school will get in. I assume OSU is the best of that second class group over like Oregon, Auburn, Baylor, etc. but I expect FSU to roll. Though I guess you never know with Meyer.

Personally I hope both Mizzou and MSU win to totally throw off the championship. One woudl guess Mizzou would move into the lead? Maybe OSU still stays in for the title? Does Bama sneak back in? Auburn you would assume is toast since OSU is higher ranked already.
    It would be Mizzou vs FSU in that scenario.

Only way Bama gets in is if MSU and Duke win. Duke winning is unlikely, but you never know. Cutcliffe is a great offensive mind and he's done an incredible job at a basketball school full of nothing but nerds, but I just don't see the Duke defense slowing down FSU.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Honestly, I wouldn't put OSU in my top 5. I think Oregon, Stanford, Bama, Mizzou, South Carolina, FSU, and Auburn are all better teams

I think OSU is on the same level as an LSU, Clemson or a Texas A&M. OSU is a solid 9-3 or 8-4 team with a legitimate schedule.
    thank you weso1!

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    You may be right, but you have to give them a chance to show otherwise. Especially if they beat Michigan State for their 25th win in a row.

People are talking about who weak schedules are. There aren't many teams that played brutal schedules as even the SEC was way down this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    I don't think the SEC was way down. Just different teams at the top than usual. South Carolina, the SEC's 4th best team, just easily beat Clemson. There are 4 very legit top ten teams in the SEC and then you've got A&M and LSU as legit top 25 teams.

I just think it sux that the first time Ohio St. gets to show they are an elite team is in the championship game. MSU is a very good defensive team, but they are not good at all on offense. They remind me of USC.
    thank you weso1!

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feiplus

2. Bama
    7. Auburn
    13. Mizzou
    15. South Carolina
    18. LSU
    21. Georgia (certainly not this high without Murray)
    23. A&M

Beating Clemson isn't really all that impressive.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I don't think the SEC was way down. Just different teams at the top than usual. South Carolina, the SEC's 4th best team, just easily beat Clemson. There are 4 very legit top ten teams in the SEC and then you've got A&M and LSU as legit top 25 teams.

I just think it sux that the first time Ohio St. gets to show they are an elite team is in the championship game. MSU is a very good defensive team, but they are not good at all on offense. They remind me of USC.
    People have been hating on the Spartans offense all season long. It's actually not that bad if you break it down. Solid rushing attack and a quarterback who rarely makes mistakes. They control the clock and do have big play ability. The issue early in the season was constant drops from the wide receivers.

I love all the doubters and they've been in full force all season long. I wouldn't have it any other way. Bring on the Buckeyes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    I wouldn't be shocked at all if MSU wins, in fact I think the line should be even on this game.
    thank you weso1!

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,034 Posts
    Without all the injuries, Georgia would have been 10-2, 11-1, despite a crap defense.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,034 Posts
    Let's go Mizzou!

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,843 Posts
    Shootout in Atlanta it looks like.

Dorial Green-Beckham is a stud. His height is going to give Auburn DB's trouble. Question now is how will the Mizzou defense bounce back
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,843 Posts
    Sorry, but I don't like games like this. Defense has become a lost art, even in the SEC and I hate it.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide