Page 239 of 748 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 14943

Thread: NBA Thread

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Risking hte integrity of the league would be an utterly stupid decision. Once the integrity of a sports league is compromised they will cease to make boatloads of money. If you don't understand that then you are a naive idiot.
    Donaghy has said the Lakers/Kings game was rigged. I don't agree that all were bad calls, but I don't know how you don't watch that video and wonder how the Lakers got 30 free throws in the fourth quarter. Ref incompetence? How about how Miami mauled the Nets down the stretch last night and there were no calls? Incompetence?

You've acknowledged that you believe stars get preferential treatment....how does that not ruin the integrity of the NBA?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Donaghy has said the Lakers/Kings game was rigged. I don't agree that all were bad calls, but I don't know how you don't watch that video and wonder how the Lakers got 30 free throws in the fourth quarter. Ref incompetence? How about how Miami mauled the Nets down the stretch last night and there were no calls? Incompetence?

You've acknowledged that you believe stars get preferential treatment....how does that not ruin the integrity of the NBA?
    It does hurt the integrity of the league but I think its just understood in every sport every star gets the calls. But I don't believe an edict is sent down from Silvers office saying, "Make sure Lebron gets all the calls." I think that is more of the human element of the refs thinking that if the stars miss there had to have been a foul involved.

To think that there is this grandiose scheme to get certain teams/players/markets further to me is a ridiculously huge stretch with absolutely no support. If this has been going on for as long as you think then at some point it would have been blown up. Donaghy was an individual ref that got in deep with the mob. That unfortunately happened and was a major black eye for the league. Silver has even stated thta he is going to release more information about refs performance. It doesn't sound like they are trying to hide more.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    What happened with that game then?

How did the refs miss Lebron slapping the **** out of Pierce and then giving the ball to the Heat? How about when Lebron muscled Johnson on a couple jump shots?

Watch tonight and see how often Hibbert hacks people driving through the lane.

We already discussed the Thunder/Clippers ending.

All just coincidence/incompetence?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    What happened with that game then?

How did the refs miss Lebron slapping the **** out of Pierce and then giving the ball to the Heat? How about when Lebron muscled Johnson on a couple jump shots?

Watch tonight and see how often Hibbert hacks people driving through the lane.

We already discussed the Thunder/Clippers ending.

All just coincidence/incompetence?
    Unfortunately I think its just incompetence which is only slightly worse than what you believe it is. Players are getting so athletic that its harder and harder to see these plays. Replay needs to be expanded but in a way that its smart which is tough in basketball because you can't slow the game down more than it already is in the final minutes of a game.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Unfortunately I think its just incompetence which is only slightly worse than what you believe it is. Players are getting so athletic that its harder and harder to see these plays. Replay needs to be expanded but in a way that its smart which is tough in basketball because you can't slow the game down more than it already is in the final minutes of a game.
    So just happens that the clubs that the NBA benefit from winning are the recipient of the calls?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    So just happens that the clubs that the NBA benefit from winning are the recipient of the calls?
    Every team gets favorable calls throughout the course of the game. The ones that go for the team that wins are the ones that get talked about. If you review any game you are going to see a multitude of horrible calls that go both ways in EVERY sport.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Every team gets favorable calls throughout the course of the game. The ones that go for the team that wins are the ones that get talked about. If you review any game you are going to see a multitude of horrible calls that go both ways in EVERY sport.
    Im talking last 5 mins of these NBA playoff games. Any close game, Miami, Indiana, OKC have gotten the calls. (and Clips vs. Golden State) Just coincidence?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Im talking last 5 mins of these NBA playoff games. Any close game, Miami, Indiana, OKC have gotten the calls. (and Clips vs. Golden State) Just coincidence?
    Why would any commissioner want the small markets of Indiana/OKC over big markets like WSH/LAC?

I suppose the argument could be made to Durant in but there is no reason why a league as you are portraying would rather have Indiana over Washington in the ECF.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Why would any commissioner want the small markets of Indiana/OKC over big markets like WSH/LAC?

I suppose the argument could be made to Durant in but there is no reason why a league as you are portraying would rather have Indiana over Washington in the ECF.
    Washington isn't a basketball town and their best players have not reached the stardom of Paul George yet.

Durant/Lebron finals is a win/win for the NBA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Washington isn't a basketball town and their best players have not reached the stardom of Paul George yet.

Durant/Lebron finals is a win/win for the NBA.
    Washington is a much bigger market and would move the needle more than Indiana. Paul George and John Wall to me are at the same level of recognition. Wall played in front of the national audience for Kentucky and is now playing in a big market.

Beal I think however will become the bigger star. Did you see that article that basically proposed that Wall/Beal won't work as well as some thought because Wall off the dribble hurts Beal a bit?

Who ddo you think will end up being the better player?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Indiana is a much bigger NBA town than Washington DC.

The NBA promotes Paul George (See ESPN) far more than Wall.

What writer put out that garbage?

John Wall will be the better player. I just hope Beal can be a poor mans Ray Allen with better althleticism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Indiana is a much bigger NBA town than Washington DC.

The NBA promotes Paul George (See ESPN) far more than Wall.

What writer put out that garbage?

John Wall will be the better player. I just hope Beal can be a poor mans Ray Allen with better althleticism.
    I'm impressed with Beals ability to put the ball on the floor and create. You don't see that often for a 20 year old coupled with his uncanny ability to shoot. I really wish that you guys would have taken Harden for Beal. Presti wanted that deal in the worst way. The Thunder have loved Beal for a long time. It would have been straight up no questions asked but you guys smartly turned it down.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Btw, it was Zach Lowe who wrote the piece...fair from an idiot and probably the best NBA writer we have:

http://grantland.com/features/the-wa...-and-wizardry/

Read from this point:

Beal’s emergence is a boon for Washington, but it also introduces some complications. Wall has improved his jump shot, but he’s an inconsistent and sometimes reluctant shooter, and defenses shade away from him when Beal has the ball:
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Did you see that article that basically proposed that Wall/Beal won't work as well as some thought because Wall off the dribble hurts Beal a bit?
    Where does the article say that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    I posted where it started. He then goes on to post some clips of how the defense is shading away from Wall and clogging up the middle. He is not saying that it won't work only that right now the lanes aren't open because the league does not respect Walls jumper yet.

I also phrased it incorrectly. I was trying to write that Walls lack of great shooting hurts Beal off the dribble.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    I posted where it started. He then goes on to post some clips of how the defense is shading away from Wall and clogging up the middle. He is not saying that it won't work only that right now the lanes aren't open because the league does not respect Walls jumper yet.

I also phrased it incorrectly. I was trying to write that Walls lack of great shooting hurts Beal off the dribble.
    The article also say good luck if you want to leave Wall open and have to deal with an uncovered Wall driving to the lane.

Walls jumper will never be great similar to Westbrook, but he has really worked on it and improved a great deal. He shot 42% on jumpers and 35% on threes so if you want to leave him open, have fun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,861 Posts
    Oh geez...sure thing buddy.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Sandy Hook Principal

Another image purportedly demonstrated a connection between the Boston Marathon bombing and the Sandy Hook shooting:

Whoa! Government is slipping up! This lady supposedly died in the elementary school shooting & apparently died again in the bombing at Boston. They have to be smarter than this, right?

The woman pictured above is the late Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, the school principal who was killed in the Sandy Hook shootings, and the right-hand panel purportedly shows her picture being displayed on the screen during an interview with someone named Donna about the Boston Marathon bombings. Some commentators have noted that the woman who stepped in as principal at Sandy Hook after Dawn Hochsprung's death was Donna Page and theorized that the former was the "Donna" referenced during the pictured interview about the Boston Marathon bombings (in the course of which her predecessor's picture was shown on-screen). Although at least one woman named Donna who ran in the marathon that day did give media interviews about her experience, the only such reference we have seen that mentioned a surname identified the interviewee as Donna Bruce, not Donna Page.

A group of Newtown parents known as Team Newtown Strong entered the Boston Marathon and ran the 26 miles to honor the 26 victims of the Sandy Hook shootings, so it's possible Dawn Hochsprung would have been mentioned if one or more of those team members had been interviewed.
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/consp...w5Lu8VEd1Fc.99

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gilesfan For This Useful Post:

thethe (05-15-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Anthony Slater ‏@anthonyVslater 6m
    Over the past eight games, Steven Adams is averaging 8.0 points, 8.2 rebounds and 3.2 blocks per 36 minutes.

Kid doesn't even know how to play yet. Can't wait to see the growth he will show next season.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,861 Posts
    Sandy Hook Principal

Another image purportedly demonstrated a connection between the Boston Marathon bombing and the Sandy Hook shooting:

Whoa! Government is slipping up! This lady supposedly died in the elementary school shooting & apparently died again in the bombing at Boston. They have to be smarter than this, right?

The woman pictured above is the late Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, the school principal who was killed in the Sandy Hook shootings, and the right-hand panel purportedly shows her picture being displayed on the screen during an interview with someone named Donna about the Boston Marathon bombings. Some commentators have noted that the woman who stepped in as principal at Sandy Hook after Dawn Hochsprung's death was Donna Page and theorized that the former was the "Donna" referenced during the pictured interview about the Boston Marathon bombings (in the course of which her predecessor's picture was shown on-screen). Although at least one woman named Donna who ran in the marathon that day did give media interviews about her experience, the only such reference we have seen that mentioned a surname identified the interviewee as Donna Bruce, not Donna Page.

A group of Newtown parents known as Team Newtown Strong entered the Boston Marathon and ran the 26 miles to honor the 26 victims of the Sandy Hook shootings, so it's possible Dawn Hochsprung would have been mentioned if one or more of those team members had been interviewed.
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/consp...w5Lu8VEd1Fc.99
    I thought you had me on ignore